Glee Covers MJ Again - Update: Show to air Jan 31, 2012

It seems like they really have put time and effort into this. It sounds like they want to be respectful to Michael and that is why I will watch. I don't watch the show but I will for this one.

slide_205117_619449_large.jpg

slide_205117_619461_large.jpg

slide_205117_619467_large.jpg

slide_205117_619472_large.jpg

slide_205117_619476_large.jpg

slide_205117_619479_large.jpg

slide_205117_619483_large.jpg

slide_205117_619485_large.jpg

slide_205117_619488_large.jpg

slide_205117_619490_large.jpg

slide_205117_619494_large.jpg

Last edited:
http://www.mjfanclub.net/home/index...lee-mj-episode&catid=85:latest-news&Itemid=82

(18-1-2012) On January 31st the 2CELLOS (Sony MASTERWORKS) will make their debut on Fox' hit TV series GLEE at 8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT on FOX. They will perform their signature version of "Smooth Criminal" with Santana (Naya Rivera) and Sebastian (Grant Gustin) in the show's special tribute episode to the "King of Pop," Michael Jackson. The performance will emulate their self-made music video of "Smooth Criminal" that went viral on YouTube, getting millions of views, and subsequently lead to a record deal with Sony and a slot on tour with Elton John. This is the first time that the show has featured an instrumental group as their guest artist.

"It is such an honor to participate in one of TV's biggest shows," says Luka Sulic.

"And performing a song by our idol Michael Jackson makes it that much more special," adds Stjepan Hauser.

Their self-titled debut album was released this Summer and features Sulic & Hauser's unique spin on hits by Michael Jackson, Guns N' Roses, U2, Coldplay and Kings of Leon among others. They are currently on a worldwide tour with Sir Elton John.

Source: MJFC / PRNewswire / marketwatch.com

I think the Ghosts/Monster thing was incorrect. Hope so anyway. Monster has no place in an MJ tribute.

I'll watch it when it's available here. But I'm not a big fan of Glee. For some reason I don't like most of their covers, it's too musical like or me. but it's good to hear that they actually spend a lot of time and effort on it. Means they are respectfull.

I don't like Glee, but I'll probably watch it anyway. I saw that there was a cello battle in the preview. Wonder if they're going to have the guys who made that cello battle video I saw on youtube. o~o

okay so this will be on next week right?!?! i am really excited. i have never seen Glee, except for the episode when they did Thriller so... we'll see how good this turns out to be. from the promos and magazine covers, looks like it'll be awesome :yes:

Why is this happening? Those all sound horrible.

If this episode can introduce MJs songs to people that may not necessarily know anything outside of thriller and beat it I'm all for it. Hopefully it will inspire a few people to explore his catalog in more depth.

Ive got some pretty high hopes for this episode so I hope they dont let me down :)

If this episode can introduce MJs songs to people that may not necessarily know anything outside of thriller and beat it I'm all for it. Hopefully it will inspire a few people to explore his catalog in more depth.Ive got some pretty high hopes for this episode so I hope they dont let me down :)
That's a great attitude to have. Mj is no longer here so the estate's job is to promote his legacy and it's great for a new audience to hear mj's songs. The cirque show in particular does a good job of exposing lesser known songs.

BAD sounds like they did it all accapella all the beats and Bass are vocals :) I think the songs sound good and will bring Michaels cataolog into peoples homes that might otherwise not hear them. IIf it lifts Michael and his music up . It's all good to me

im glad there doing this, opening mj to the younger audiences even if they make the songs sound cheesy!

Not really a fan of Glee. However, I think it's a good thing they're doing an all MJ episode. While I don't particularly like how the songs turned out I think the episode will highlight MJ's influence in music and remind people (fans or non fans) how great Michael's songs are.

I don't mind it really. If you honestly think they would have done MJ's songs justice then you probably never saw glee before. As iso_b said, it's the fact that it's opening up a potential new audience that makes this such a good opportunity. In all honesty, I don't think they sounded terrible but one thing I noticed (particularly in the WBSS performance) is the lack of energy. Seriously! Why do the "hee hees" and the "hooos" sound like yawns rather than actual vocals?

I really like the Scream preview though, I'll say that much.

EDIT: HOLY CRAP at the cellos at 1:24 to 1:36, that was sick!

Last edited:
Back