Glenda Tapes are real?

That doesnt sound like Michael, his voice appears to be different. Maybe hes just speaking in a lower volume or idk. to me its not him

i always thought it was real .. i dont know to be sure :)
a big welcome to this place hun

The Glenda tapes are real, yes. This is her son (ignore the narration):

Real. Fascinating. Although Glenda is the most annoying person bar none

Is she a fan or what? Michael dated her?

No, not a fan, she and her family were, I think, more like the Cascios for Michael. Only for a shorter period of time (between about 1984 to 1992).

i have always wondered, some fans say it's not him some say it is. we know there was a Glenda for sure and we have that confirmation by her son. i'm hardly an expert on Michaels voice but to me if anyone would go into that trouble to make a fake tape i think they would be "exposing" tapes.. ya know the sort haters would kill to have. the only "incriminating" thing Dimond and co could find was the mini second he spoke with Glendas son. when i first listened to these tapes i just sat down and cried. just like i did when the recording from Murrays iphone was played. both showed an honest caring, innocent man.

To me, those tapes are no different from that recording CM made. A denial of Michael's right to the most basic privacy. I refuse to listen to it.

Who recorded and leaked these tapes? Michael knew about these tapes?

The Glenda tapes are real, yes. This is her son (ignore the narration):

So Glenda's husband taped the conversation because he suspected that Michael and Glenda was having an affair? But who leaked the tapes? Michael knew or took some legal action about it?

Who recorded and leaked these tapes? Michael knew about these tapes?

I don't think he knew when it was recorded. Perhaps the reason why he cut ties with the Stein family because he found out? I'm just speculating. Anyway, the tapes surfaced publicaly in 2005 when they were sold to a journalist called Hans-David Schmitt. This is his website, you can scroll down and find references to the tapes: http://www.hansnews.com/

He was trying to sell them, but the rest of the media was not interested because the tapes don't portray Michael the way they want to portray him. They were trying hard to make him out to be a gay pedophile, but on the tapes he's talking about girls and attractions to women, among others. So the media weren't intersted in it. Schmitt put the tapes up on his website to sell for anyone who wanted it, but he died not long after it. His website is the way he left it before he died.
The full length of the tapes are more than 8 hours. Some are out there, many are not.

Thank you for the info. Why Michael did not took some legal action against this family?

Thank you for the info. Why Michael did not took some legal action against this family?

Who knows? Maybe he didn't want to sue a family he once loved. Maybe he didn't want to draw more attention to the tapes. Plus at the time when they came out he had enough to do with the trial and with what the media wrote about him surely this wasn't the only thing he could have sued for.

:cry: so sad indeed...
WHY did they always break that bond of trust???
Oh, that narrator :censored:

WHY was Michael NEVER treated right??? :boohoo

To be honest i really believe that this is Michael. In some of the tapes he said something about performing in glascow (on monday i think) and i looked up the glascow date for the dangerous tour and it was correct.

This is Michael. I really believe that the Stein released them in 2005 in order to help him. I don't think they are attention seeker, I mean nobody ever heard of them before and after that.

This is Michael. I really believe that the Stein released them in 2005 in order to help him. I don't think they are attention seeker, I mean nobody ever heard of them before and after that.

They were trying to sell them. It's a total violation of one's privacy. I do not get how you could even think that.

I do agree it's a violation of privacy, but I think you have to take everything into consideration. Those people had those tapes since at least 1992, they could have sold them & sold stories way before 2005, they never did. No one knew about their existence before 2005. When Damion did this interview, he just smoke about his mother friendship with MJ, the awful stuff came from the narrator not him and those makes him a normal human being and not the monster portrayed in the media
If they were attention seekers, then you would have find them in every tabloids when he died. They could have made lots of money with that.

Again, I don't agree with releasing tapes, but I can understand why friends would do that in a certain situation. I don't think you ca' compare them to people mike Weisner, who release tapes in order to hurt him.

I do agree it's a violation of privacy, but I think you have to take everything into consideration. Those people had those tapes since at least 1992, they could have sold them & sold stories way before 2005, they never did. No one knew about their existence before 2005. When Damion did this interview, he just smoke about his mother friendship with MJ, the awful stuff came from the narrator not him and those makes him a normal human being and not the monster portrayed in the media
If they were attention seekers, then you would have find them in every tabloids when he died. They could have made lots of money with that.

Again, I don't agree with releasing tapes, but I can understand why friends would do that in a certain situation. I don't think you ca' compare them to people mike Weisner, who release tapes in order to hurt him.

Even though there may be worse people - they still have no excuse. I don't understand a friend ever doing that, even a former friend. It was spoken about once that I recall & it was doubted that it was real.

Even though there may be worse people - they still have no excuse. I don't understand a friend ever doing that, even a former friend. It was spoken about once that I recall & it was doubted that it was real.

Because, lots of people would think that it would help their friend. Yes, but what do you think the media choose to believe Terry George who has only one picture with him and MJ and an interview over them. I believe it's because those tapes gave a very different picture of MJ.
Again, they could have made tons of money with those tapes.

Because, lots of people would think that it would help their friend. Yes, but what do you think the media choose to believe Terry George who has only one picture with him and MJ and an interview over them. I believe it's because those tapes gave a very different picture of MJ.
Again, they could have made tons of money with those tapes.

A friend would never have made those tapes in the first place. They kept them & can't think of any positive reason. They were sold & the terms of the agreement probably made it so they couldn't talk to anyone else. It was reported, not saying if true, that they were shopped around. The different picture may have been the reason that they did not make alot of money, not that they did not want to. If Michael had been convicted, who knows what book deals they may have gotten or what they would have said.
I can't spin it in any positive way or find any excuse.

"A friend would never have made those tapes in the first place."

Agreed with that, but remember it's the father who did it because of his jealousy. His jealousy is heavily implied in the tape.

"They were sold & the terms of the agreement probably made it so they couldn't talk to anyone else."

You don't know that and by the way the guy who got the tapes and tryed to sold them to different media outlets is dead for along time and went to jail, so there is nothing which prevents them from talking about them to the media. Even if they had, nothing prevents them from selling others stories to the media.

"If Michael had been convicted, who knows what book deals they may have gotten or what they would have said."

If so why not saying that in 1993 or in 2005? Why did they not implied things in that interview in 2005 and if what they wanted was money why wait for 10 years to sell a story that nobody wanted to hear at that time?

Back