Glenn Frey dies

analogue

Proud Member
May he rest in peace

This has always been one of my favorite songs

I saw this earlier and I agree. So far 2016 sucks big time. Hotel California, one of my favorite songs back when.

I know what you mean. Now I want to put a protective barrier around all the other artists I like

Tell them now how much you love their music and appreciate their contribution to the music world, don't wait til' its too late.

Rip Glenn

I saw them in Dublin 2014 and the audience exploded when they sang Hotel California:wub:

A little snippet of his friends interview:
“We just clicked automatically because we both knew deep inside that the key to everything, the thing that would make us original, was songwriting,” said Seger of the classically trained pianist who started playing at age 6. “We both agreed on that score.”

Seger and Frey met in Detroit in the 1960s, through their respective girlfriends, who were friends.

They shared a love of soul music, both the Motown of their native city — Frey loved Marvin Gaye — but also Al Green and Otis Redding.

“He named his last kid Otis!” Seger said. “He loved Michael Jackson’s ‘Off the Wall’ album when that came out, he drove me crazy playing that. He really was a closet soul guy in a country rock band. You can hear it burst through a bit in ‘One of These Nights’ and later, in ‘The Long Run,’ that soul thing he loved.”

^^I think that's why I took to their music and I'm the most non-rock person you can imagine. I played their Greatest Hits and the Fleetwood Mac album to death.

I have watched Glenn in a lot of interviews and really have a great respect for him too.

Bubs;4129402 said:
“He named his last kid Otis!” Seger said. “He loved Michael Jackson’s ‘Off the Wall’ album when that came out, he drove me crazy playing that.
That's interesting because there's a Steely Dan song called Everything You Did that has a line that goes "Turn up the Eagles, the neighbors are listening". It was said to be about the guitarist's girlfriend who played an Eagles album a lot and he was tired of hearing it. The Eagles replied with "steely knives" in Hotel California. It was like in-jokes as both groups knew each other and had the same manager

Great guy and a great band. Grew up with their songs, amazing musicians and vocalists and really great songs. Their harmonies are sublime.

R.I.P Glenn Frey.

Horrible start to the year.

by Colin Stutz
11214345_851872988259028_3902115047242815007_n.jpg

Following Glenn Frey's death on Monday, his former bandmate Don Felder has issued a statement honoring the late Eagles co-founder, guitarist, singer and songwriter.

"Glenn’s passing was so unexpected and has left me with a very heavy heart filled with sorrow," said Felder. "He was so young and still full of amazing genius. He was an extremely talented songwriter, arranger, leader, singer, guitarist, you name it and Glenn could do it and create 'MAGIC' on the spot. His visions and insights into songs and lyrics have become legendary and will echo throughout time on this earth for decades to come."

Felder joined Eagles as lead guitarist in 1974 while the band was recording On the Border. He stayed in the band until 2001 when he was fired, later suing for alleged wrongful termination, among other complaints. The case was eventually settled out of court.

Felder said Tuesday that he had not been in contact for years with Frey, Don Henley, Joe Walsh or Timothy B. Schmit despite efforts to reach them. After finding out Frey was dead, he did receive a call from Randy Meisner, who has had his own health battles in recent years.

"He was in tears," Felder said.

"Glenn was the one who invited me to join the Eagles in 1974 and it turned out to be a gift of a lifetime to have spent so many years working side by side with him," Felder continued. "He was funny, strong, and generous. At times it felt like we were brothers and at other times, like brothers, we disagreed. Despite our struggles and difficult moments together we managed to create some magical songs, recordings and live show. His charisma on stage was felt and loved by millions of people all over the world.

"I have many wonderful memories of those years and the many miles I travelled with Glenn, filled with laughter, song, parties, hugs and brotherly bonds. Glenn was the James Dean of the band. He was the leader that we all looked to for direction and by far the coolest guy in the band. It saddens me a great deal that we were never able to address the issues that came between us and talk them through. Sadly now we will never get the chance.

"The planet has lost a great man and a wonderful musician today. None will ever be able to take his place.

"May you rest in peace Glenn Frey and may God bless you and your lovely family."

Back