"Got The Hot's" on Japan version of "Thriller 25"

After listening to this song, I have come to this conclusion......I'm glad it was left off Thriller. It's an average song. Sorry people but I rank this as 1 of MJ's least best tracks. Too corny IMO

And to those who say it's like Hot Street, it doesn't even compare to Hot Street. Hot Street is better by leaps and bounds.

I read somewhere that Michael has admitted in the past that he liked the song, "Hot Street". I agree, I really like Hot Street as well. It seems like Hot Street is a more finished song than Got The Hots. I have Hot Street in pretty good sound quality compared to what is out there but still not quite cd quality. I still like Got The Hots a lot, I don't think it is too corny. I think other outtakes like Nite Line are much more corny than this. I just think that you may not like it because it was left as just a rough demo and needed more work. Better tracks came along and it was probably just shelved. From what has been leaked from the Thriller outtakes, Hot Street gets my vote as the best. Then I would say Carousel and Got The Hots.

Re: thriller 25 japan cd

How come it's not listed in the booklet? :unsure: :huh:

Congratulations btw! :)

The bonus tracks that were released in the different US record stores (Thriller remix @ Best buy, Billie Jean remix @ Target etc) also were not listed in the booklet. They were included as hidden tracks.

I read somewhere that Michael has admitted in the past that he liked the song, "Hot Street". I agree, I really like Hot Street as well. It seems like Hot Street is a more finished song than Got The Hots. I have Hot Street in pretty good sound quality compared to what is out there but still not quite cd quality. I still like Got The Hots a lot, I don't think it is too corny. I think other outtakes like Nite Line are much more corny than this. I just think that you may not like it because it was left as just a rough demo and needed more work. Better tracks came along and it was probably just shelved. From what has been leaked from the Thriller outtakes, Hot Street gets my vote as the best. Then I would say Carousel and Got The Hots.

Man Nite Line was just plain corny! LOL Least Got the Hots got a groove, lol.

The best outtakes from THRILLER are Got the Hots, Love Never Felt So Good, Hot Street, State of Shock (with Freddie) and Carousel.

I GOT THE JAPAN EDITION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.. i would have come on sooner today but i have been listening for hours.. having skipped the UK releases i had some catching up to do. GOT THE HOTS is amazing!!! sooooo cool.. it runs in at 4:27.. it's very funky.. there is an incredible keyboard part towards the end that sounds very Brothers Johnson.. you guys will love it. with the Japan edition you get a separate booklet.. with a discography and dvdography.. the cd's come inside these little bags.. i think i have played GOT THE HOTS like 10 tens!
Hi, may I ask you where you bought T25 japanese edition from? From your details you're from UK, aren't you? How comes you already have the cd before the release date (Feb. 20th)?

My copy has been mailed today from Japan (ordered @ HMV).

Can you post some pics to see the booklet, please? ^_^

Thanks

I sooo love got the hots! I can't get enough of it!!! If it had been on Thriller the original that would have been great too, but I am glad it is at least on the Japanese 25 version anyway! I think it is as sensual as break of dawn but with a funky dancability!!! I just LOVE it!!! And btw how can you not love a song when Michael sings it?? I would just love to hear him sing row row row your boat gently down the stream! :D LOL! I just sooo love his voice! I get a feeling from it... like I am finally home, like everything is alright and I can totally relax! :D

Songs that have not made albums have been jusified decisions in leaving them off as in most cases they dont seem strong enough. I gotta agree that from the Thriller sessions Hot Street, Got the Hots and Carousel are good songs but not as strong as what was on the final album. Of all the Outakes from any album thatI have heard thus far the ones that are the only songs Michael recorded which were just terrible were 'Night Line' and 'Trouble' even though they too may have just been demos.

Of all the Outakes from any album thatI have heard thus far the ones that are the only songs Michael recorded which were just terrible were 'Night Line' and 'Trouble' even though they too may have just been demos.

Yeah I agree. Those two are not that great either. I would also toss in "If You Don't Love Me" as well. IMO that song is like a rejected boy band song.

Maybe if I listen to GTH more I'll like it a bit more....but usually when I don't like something at first, I don't like it later on. lol

Yeah I agree. Those two are not that great either. I would also toss in "If You Don't Love Me" as well. IMO that song is like a rejected boy band song.

Maybe if I listen to GTH more I'll like it a bit more....but usually when I don't like something at first, I don't like it later on. lol

It's an acquired taste. I'm sure by the 20th listen, you'll love it. ;)

I don't know how to read Japanese. Does anybody know if we can order from that website, and if not, where the Japanese version of Thriller 25 is available to order?

you can pre order it from " Best buy" online
just type in thriller 25 japan in there search box

Hi, may I ask you where you bought T25 japanese edition from? From your details you're from UK, aren't you? How comes you already have the cd before the release date (Feb. 20th)?

My copy has been mailed today from Japan (ordered @ HMV).

Can you post some pics to see the booklet, please? ^_^

Thanks

i pre-ordered it with cdjapan.co.jp the second it was available to do so. it changed to "out of print" on the website within hours as the initial pre-order batch were all sold. boy! i was soooooo surprised to receive it soooo fast.. the 18th.. inside the box the invoice slip said depatched 15th.. ??? so it got to me in like 3 days.. i'm hoping they ship Janet's album to me that quickly too.

EICP-961_tenkai.jpg

an additional book?

EICP-961_tenkai.jpg

an additional book?
Yes, sure. That booklet has ALL The lyrics to the songs! Also the NEW ones like For All Time and Got The Hots and the 2008 remixes. It's written in both english and japanese.

Can't wait for my copy! wowow :punk:

When I listen to Nite Line I say to myself, why did Michael even record this? Didn't he know when he read the lyrics and then sang the song how bad it was?!? Maybe this was just a tune-up before he sang Billie Jean or something lol. I mean, how could Quincy and Michael even waste time on a song like that. He sure still did put all of his effort in this song and only Michael could make a song that was so bad be listenable. Compared to what was put on Thriller, Nite Line seems like some sorta joke!

When I listen to Nite Line I say to myself, why did Michael even record this? Didn't he know when he read the lyrics and then sang the song how bad it was?!? Maybe this was just a tune-up before he sang Billie Jean or something lol. I mean, how could Quincy and Michael even waste time on a song like that. He sure still did put all of his effort in this song and only Michael could make a song that was so bad be listenable. Compared to what was put on Thriller, Nite Line seems like some sorta joke!

He was truly testing the waters, lol.

Michael's allowed to have a couple bombs here and there. He maybe the King Of Pop...but he certainly isn't perfect. :)

Well the album came in the mail today. Dang that was fast. CDJapan doesn't mess around. The booklet with the lyrics is cool. I liked the little slip that came on the binding of the booklet. It says "King of Pop" on it. Shows that the title is associated with him, despite what some fans wanna say, lol. I listened to "Got The Hots" and it sounds awesome in high quality. I can't get enough of it. The opeining with the shythisizers is so cool, I think, and then it goes into that different direction with the beat, I love it. It isn't predictable at all. And everything else I've already said about it. Michael's harmonizing at the end is amazing, over the chorus, and I love the call and response of the lead vocal with the background vocal, when Michael sings a verse and then the backing comes in and goes "my body's aching..." etc... What a genius.

Last edited:

Alot of recording artists record bad songs alot of the time just to keep the ideas flowing and they also do it to learn.

I've heard numerous songwriters and composers say that they learn alot from completing a song which they didn't exactly like. You can't write every song thinking it's gonna be number 1.....

as long as your recording it's not wasting time, IMO..... you never know what mistake might come along and give you a hit.

I like the vocal arrangement on Niteline, how he's got those three back vocals laping over eachother, but making it work perfectly.

Niteline rules. It's a very funky song. Especially when Mike sings 'Call me baby'. Hope to see it released one day.

Yay! My copy arrived today! The version on You Tube is pretty much the whole song. Nothing else happens in it. I like the way they package the discs. They come in plastic bags. In fact when I bought T25 in the store I was disappointed that they weren't packaged better.

The bass in Got the Hots reminds me of when a song is played backwards. Of course it isn't this technique but that's what it reminds me of. I love the strangeness of it. It sounds futuristic, in a way. I took a quick look at the white booklet and I'm sure some of the lyrics for For All Time and Got the Hots are incorrect. Anyway, I'm very happy to have this :)

Back