"Got The Hot's" on Japan version of "Thriller 25"

^ that what Im thinking that that's why im not going to buy the japan version. Im going to wait it out and see what happens.

But does anyone know exactly WHY "Got The Hots" will only be on the Japanese version? Why would MJ treat the Japanese better than the rest of the world (by giving them an extra song)??

But does anyone know exactly WHY "Got The Hots" will only be on the Japanese version? Why would MJ treat the Japanese better than the rest of the world (by giving them an extra song)??

Marketing. Foreign countries usually get bonus tracks to encourage people to buy the cd. It has nothing to do with them "liking" the country more or less. American CD's in some countries (Japan) cost more, so to encourage people to buy them, they will ad extra songs.

Last edited:

Its not just with Michael Jackson, the Japanese always get EVERYTHING!!

Seriously, I am always having to get Japanese imports for their exclusive releases. Constantly!! They are so lucky!

Does anybody have a copy of the Japanese version yet??? I need solid confirmation Got The hots is on there. It says it sony website which should be confirmation enough but Im worried because amazon does not state that track!

The japan version isn't release until feb 20. Some websites post the wrong song info on the track list which is sad on their part. A lot are posting thriller special edition bonus tracks on the 25th anniversary edition like idiots. :rolleyes:

I looked on that B&N website, and it says it's $50 and won't be released until Feb. 26th! also, it didn't have that song in the tracklisting. hmmmm, so confusing.

Does anyone remember a similar instance of unreleased or bonus tracks being released in Japan and whether the rest of the world later got legal access to those tracks?

thriller 25 japan cd

got my japan cd of thriller 25 this morning:) got the hots is not listed in the booklet . but its on the cd

Last edited:
Re: thriller 25 japan cd

How come it's not listed in the booklet? :unsure: :huh:

Congratulations btw! :)

there is a little white booklet in japaness in side the case. which list got the hots.

Last edited:
sorry to many wrong posts by the way got the hots is great.

Last edited:

got my japan cd of thriller 25 this morning:) got the hots is not listed in the booklet . but its on the cd

Are you serious?:ph34r:

Can you post it or something?:)
Yeah I'm sorry, but if Michael doesn't release it all over the world.. no wonder that fans will share through the internet, right?

Last edited:
yeah im personally a little pissed that he didnt put got the hots oh the U.S. cds as well i mean we are American Michael is American why cut your people short i dont get it!!! i really want to here that song. man............ he seems to be doing this or his people seem to be doing this more and more.

Well... it's not exactly Michaels fault, I stated that wrong.

Japan always gets something different or extra, and that's ok.

BUT Michael DOES have influence on the album, so he could've put the song on there....

But I thought it wasn't out yet? Well anyway, if you can share the song... share it:);)

just found the song words for got the hots in the small white booklet. which is in english and japan. the deluxe case inner notes and pictures are the same as my uk deluxe cd .by the way i brought this from cdjapan

If anyone has the full version of "Got The Hots" on cd, can they be so kind and upload for us? Thanks!

somebody please upload this song if they have it thanks we who are not fortunate lol would love to hear the song.

It's a matter of time I know.. But HURRY I really wanna hear it loL!

I've heard it...I don't have the opportunity to upload it because I am at work right now. I think it's pretty good. A little rough around the edges, it could use a little more work in production, but overall I think everyone will like it. It's very 80's ish. Sounds like something that Quincy would produce around that time; think of Patti Austin's "Every Home Should Have One" album. Michael has some nice vocals on it. Hits some high and low notes that sound great. I actually think that I can say right now that from what I've heard, Hot Street is the best outtake from Thriller.

Last edited:
Back