Guitar Hero: Michael Jackson?

Topflux

Proud Member
Do you think there would be enough 'guitar hero' songs if Michael released his own Guitar Hero? Songs like Beat It, Give In To Me, Whatever Happens, Shout..

naaa but i do think Beat It should be on guitar hero lol I dunno if MJ has enough songs for his own guitar hero.

Absolutely Not!

I don't care if he has some rock songs there is no need to make a Guitar Hero game soley on Michael Jackson. Yes he can play the guitar, but he doesn't showcase it in his videos and he is a pop artist, not a rock and roller. With that said I wouldn't mind seeing 1 or 2 songs included. The sad thing is they would use the Fall Out Boys cover of Beat It because it is more mainstream now…

I didn't mean he is the guitar player, but there have been so many great players visiting on his albums. Van Halen, Slash, Santana and many others.. :)

It would be cool if "Beat It" was put in a "Guitar Hero" game, but I have a feeling they would just use a cover version because they couldn't afford to buy the rights to use Michael's original recording. Who knows, though?

"Dirty Diana" could be another option.

Last edited:
I know it would be nice to have Beat It only but it's complicated because I think that song itself would sell that release so if Michael's song would be among others, it wouldn't work. That's why I thought the MJ's own GH would be cool and it would sell. Also Privacy would be one of those songs..

He could come out with a simular thing though.. U know guitar hero and others simular to it was taken from the idea of DDR..

Now lets say Mike came out with a cooler version of DDR or something dance related..

For example u where wrist, ankel bracelets, and a belt and it reads your movement to the beat.. IDK!!! loL! Just a simple little idea..

But I think Mike could venture out to video games a bit..

I still think these songs could be very well in Michael's GH version:

Bad
Beat It
Ben
Billie Jean
Black Or White
Dirty Diana
Give In To Me
Heal The World
Human Nature
Leave Me Alone
Privacy
Smooth Criminal
Thriller
Whatever Happens

That would be 14 songs.

And there could be as bonus some solos like from "Scream" and "Shout"..? :)

Beat It is on Guitar Hero II just need to download it from X-Box Live

nah not really, there's not enough just pure guitar songs from mikey.

perhaps if they did a guitar hero featuring a lot of michael songs, i just don't think there'd be enough for his own game.

i really want a sing star (the playstation karaoke game) game all of MJ's stuff, THAT WOULD DEFINATELY WORK. :)
Guitar Hero is less likey to happen though - but i wudent complain if it did.

hmmm my son plays beat it on his guitar hero all the time *shrug*

Nope, I must admit I've been wondering if they'll ever include Beat It on a Guitar Hero game, it would be so good.

i'll ask my son what version he plays it on...i know i have heard him playing beat it on his xbox

This is what mods are for.

Edit: Not forum mods. Game modifications.

Last edited:
How does Mike have enough songs to be a part of Guitar Hero??

Beat It
Dirty Diana
Whatever Happens
Black Or White
Give Into Me
Come Together
This Place Hotel

just to name a few...

I mean how many songs per artist do they actually have per game??

Last edited:
^ Might not be 'rock' enough but it has a lot of guitar...

Guitar Hero does not HAVE to stay only ROCK even though that's all they done so far... They'll venture out to reach all fans.. it's just a matter of time..

I mean before Guitar Hero has DDR.. Look all the different games that came out FROM that...

LOL, I hope that they do cross over but "Guitar Hero's" main concern seems to be basically what is considered "rock" and in this day and age they wouldn't call "This Place Hotel" "rock" but it's true that a lot of great R&B joints (pre-New Jack Swing) had a lot of guitar.

In fact, I'll make this known, you know rock & roll and soul are all just different names for "R&B", people just use these names to "separate" each other from the "genres".

^ Ya.. most genres are created to simply LABEL songs.. I don't like that because it puts many artists into a mental box on where to work out of... Don't do this it may be TOO popish, too rockish, too bluesy.. etc...

It takes the great artist to stay outside the box and simply create great music.. In whatever genre it fits into.. Mike has done music that would classify in ALMOST every mainstream genre..

dirty diana would be a wonderful for the game, and i dont see why michael wouldnt let one of his songs in a game. copyright issues i dont see as a problem. i just wonder how hard his tracks would be lol.

Topflux said:
I didn't mean he is the guitar player,

How is that? Jackson is guitar player like for 40 years already. He does not showcase himself playing any instrument, but this is because Michael does not consider this as part of entertainment/performance he offers.

Of course, this has nothing to do with his qualities of musician-instrumentalist.

Also, this thread's title is little tabloidish (not necessary in bad sense): it contains "?" sign and sentence that may confuse potential readers to believe that there is or will be specific version of "Guitar Hero".

Back