Have your opinions changed? (Cascio Tracks)

Have your opinions changed?

• Yes-I now believe it's MJ 100%

Votes: 103 30.1%
  • Yes-I think its him but not 100% him

Votes: 90 26.3%
  • No-It's not him at all

Votes: 149 43.6%

• Total voters
No! I was always sure it was Michael Jackson singing on 100% of the songs I know his voice too much

Unless you were Michael Joseph Jackson himself, you don't really know his voice "too much".

Even if Michael sang 100% of the vocals, the vocals are stacked and layered with vocals from others. When Quincy Jones said he cannot tell, I believe he means it.

to me I've changed my mind a couple times sometimes in a duration of listening to one song. it's just there a some registers that are so MJ sound that I don't believe anyone can duplicate, and others that are so NOT Michael..

When Michael dips into his lower registers he does it in a very unique way, he waves 2 tones together in a way that only he does, and I think that it's a natural habit that others cannot pick up.. he takes 2 tones and hits 1 of them twice and the deepest once in the center, the way it dips down and the breathing that goes along with it..

Now things that are so NOT like Michael, are the vibrato, and the aggressive vocals. the aggressive vocals on the Cascio tracks are very much NOT Michael. If there is anything that makes me believe it's not him it is THAT!! There is no way the aggressive vocals are Michael, it sounds as much like Michael as the vocal impersonator on the Simpsons. No way!!

I can tell that some parts of Cascio tracks are Michael > some adlib sounds, "aoows", grunts, and things like that..

What also makes me think Cascio tracks are not Michael is the fact they loop the adlib MJ sounds and the way it's done.. for example on Monster you can tell the little "hae" sounds are MJ's voice but it's the same one repeated, and clipped together.. If Michael were in the studio recording the song he would not have done that.. He would have sang out the "hae" sounds over and over.. and even the way it's spliced together I can tell it was done in a shady way..

To sum it up - there is no way that the Cascio tracks are 100% Michael.. Now we can debate how much of it is.. But no one can sit here and say it's 100% Michael with a straight face.. We can keep trying to convince ourselves but it's not ALL Michael for sure.

I am 100% convinced that Michael Jackson is not singing on the cascio songs

I still think the Estate and Eddie Cascio gave us 3 fake songs. But I guess they will never accept it because they won't remove those atrocities from Michael's discography.

The Cascios are traitors, not just Edward. The fact that Marie Nicole married with one of the perpetrators of that fraud, James Porte and the family accepted him, makes the betrayal to Michael bigger. They had a very fancy wedding last year partially thanks to our money we spent buying the record which pisses me off.

First off, I do not think it's Michael.

Regardless of what anyone else thinks, the songs are crap and Michael would disapprove having his name attached to them.

I haven't really even thought about the songs in a long time. I'm not sure if Michael is singing in them or not so I don't listen them.

My opinion has not changed since the first listen. It only gets stronger the more often hear these insults to my ears.

My opinion has never changed, since day one of the 'breaking news' online premier. It's not Michael jackson singing.
The release of the Xscape album last year and hearing authentic MJ vocals only further cemented my belief.

I don't think they're Michael and I honestly can't understand how anybody could think otherwise. Just listening to the horrid vocals should be enough lol.

I think the main is Michael but the tracks were unfinished so other voices needed to be added to complete the songs...

I don't think they're Michael and I honestly can't understand how anybody could think otherwise. Just listening to the horrid vocals should be enough lol.

Agree. And especially since we had the opportunity to listen to all 12 Cascio songs. Those vocals are horrible and very clearly NOT Michael. Never in his life was Michael capable of such bad singing. Not before, not after these tracks.

Still sound as horrific as I originally thought.

Ho-riff-ic.

Absolutely horiffic.....

My opinion hasn't changed since the first time I heard the vocals come in after that sampled "aooow" in Breaking News. All the things that we learned afterwards have just strengthened the case for something that was patently obvious from the get go. I'm still angry that this happened and has not yet been resolved, but remain hopeful this stain on Michael's catalogue will be removed one day.

Michael has such a distinctive, easily recognizable voice and for the most part those songs just don't sound or feel like him.. always felt that way and probably always will. There's certain parts where it does sound like him for a minute but most of those are the sampled adlibs. I just really don't understand, with many authentic songs to choose from, why they would do something like this..?
And btw, even if it was him, I'd still dislike every single one of those 12 songs tbh :ph34r:

I only just noticed the poll attached to this thread. To say I am shocked and appalled that this is reflective of a Michael Jackson fan forum is truly disappointing.

I'm still firm in the belief that Michael is nowhere on these songs aside from the random samples of his isolated vocals.

I also believe there was no conspiracy surrounding their release. Branca suffered exactly from what others have.

But I liked Breaking News as a song...... :/

And that's fine! Hey, I think Burn Tonight and Stay are great songs.

People went beyond trying to sell these as authentic MJ songs. First they argued that He sounded different because it was in 06/07 and he was older yet he sounded perfectly like himself in hold my hand and This Is It then they said it was because of the studio he was recording in yet he sounded like himself in WBSS 2008 that was recorded in the same studio. It just doesn't add up.

Seriously play Best Of Joy and then right after play Keep Your Head up. It doesn't sound like the same person, at all. Don't let me get started on that vibrato. Lol, its laughable.

Last edited:
I only just noticed the poll attached to this thread. To say I am shocked and appalled that this is reflective of a Michael Jackson fan forum is truly disappointing.

It's an old thread. I think by now the result would be somewhat different. But yeah still a bit shocking. I think people just have a hard time believing that the Estate/the Cascios would do this. This is a shameful episode of recording history. I'm thinking of how big of a scandal the Milli Vanili scandal was in the 80s and this one is actually the same thing: songs are claimed to be performed by an artist who is not the one actually performing them. And it is actually a bigger shame because obviously MJ is a lot more important artist than Milli Vanili.

I also believe there was no conspiracy surrounding their release. Branca suffered exactly from what others have.

I do not think it's a conspiracy on the Estate's part, I believe they probably got fooled too, but they do have responsibility though. The vocals were questioned (eg. by Tarryll Jackson) before the release so they shouldn't have rushed those questionable songs to release. There are other songs in the vault, there was no need for this.

Last edited:
To be honest, I'm not really sure what to think. I've listened to all the tracks many times, and while I admit a discernible difference exists, I've also heard similar things on the albums Michael released during his lifetime. He had a multi-octave range after all, and would often use various vocal effects for emphasis, like the guttural verses on "Tabloid Junkie". I want to believe its him, since I like the songs so much...but I also want the whole, uncensored truth to come out, from Eddie Cascio and the Estate. Frank Cascio says he wasn't involved in making the album, but believes the vocals are authentic. There's only three options with situations like that: truth, known lies, or external deception.

To be honest, I'm not really sure what to think. I've listened to all the tracks many times, and while I admit a discernible difference exists, I've also heard similar things on the albums Michael released during his lifetime. He had a multi-octave range after all, and would often use various vocal effects for emphasis, like the guttural verses on "Tabloid Junkie".

That he had a multi-octave range and would use "guttural verses" on certain songs is one thing. However, the person on the Cascio songs just cannot sing. There's a big difference. And BTW the person on the Cascio sons does NOT have a multi-octave range at all. It's just horribly bad singing and to sell those songs under Michael's name is insulting to him and his whole legacy.

(IMO the songs are poor too, not up to Michael's standards, but that's a matter of taste, I guess.)

I was only 14 when I listened to the Cascio tracks for the first time and didn't know all that much better when it came to music, so it goes without saying that my opinions have changed over the years as a result of becoming more knowledgeable and wiser.

I've basically always felt it wasn't Michael singing on the Cascio tracks, though; it should be blatantly obvious that's not Michael's voices. Sounds like an impersonator, really.

I really like Breaking News and Monster. Even if they are not If not 100% MJ singing, I like to think he had a hand in them. I guess that makes me a bad person.

I really like Breaking News and Monster. Even if they are not If not 100% MJ singing, I like to think he had a hand in them. I guess that makes me a bad person.

Not at all! I was addicted to the Cascio tracks myself and I kept on trying to find any hint of MJ in them. However, only some of the ad-libs sound like MJ while the rest of them are just.. not according to his style. The recording style, the vibrato - even tho I found them really good - were simply not Michael's.

However, I really liked Soldier Boy and Breaking News and Monster and Stay. And I don't think that the impersonator didn't know how to "sing". He sung very well imo.

I do not think it's a conspiracy on the Estate's part, I believe they probably got fooled too, but they do have responsibility though. The vocals were questioned (eg. by Tarryll Jackson) before the release so they shouldn't have rushed those questionable songs to release. There are other songs in the vault, there was no need for this.

Exactly. If there are 40 year old fans out there who are convinced the songs are real, it isn't too far out of the realm of reality to believe that John Branca can be fooled, as well. But they should have pulled out if almost everyone was pushing against it.

Back