Have your opinions changed? (Cascio Tracks)

Have your opinions changed?

• Yes-I now believe it's MJ 100%

Votes: 103 30.1%
  • Yes-I think its him but not 100% him

Votes: 90 26.3%
  • No-It's not him at all

Votes: 149 43.6%

• Total voters
I can't believe people like these songs, honestly. The writing is cringeworthy and apart from the odd moment from Teddy Riley, the production is rather weak too. Very, very generic songs.

I remember one fan saying that Breaking News is better than Do You Know Where Your Children Are. And someone else had the cheek to say that Keep Your Head Up was better than Keep The Faith lol

Haha what?! Unbelievable...

I've been embarrassed by their existence ever since I disappointingly listened to the premiere of "Breaking the News" back in November 2010. It's the one reason I only play the album from my own rip with the Cascio tracks excluded. Even my little brother thought they were tribute songs randomly thrown in the album :lol:

I remember one fan saying that Breaking News is better than Do You Know Where Your Children Are. And someone else had the cheek to say that Keep Your Head Up was better than Keep The Faith lol

U1ZHIq8.gif

I know music's a matter of taste but.. that's just wrong lol

Overall I can tell the quality of the cascio tracks are not a quality that MJ would have been ok with, and there is no way that the songs are 100% him for the most part but I can't deny that I enjoy 'Keep Your Head Up'... we can debate until we are blue in the face if it's MJ, how much of it is MJ but in the end of the day I like that song. haha

Exactly. If there are 40 year old fans out there who are convinced the songs are real, it isn't too far out of the realm of reality to believe that John Branca can be fooled, as well. But they should have pulled out if almost everyone was pushing against it.
If the executors honestly believe that these songs are Michael, then it just goes to show they are not fit to run (at least the creative side of) his Estate. Taryll was quite adamant that John McClain also knew they were fake though. One would think that one of the two executors, members of Michael's family and several of his collaborators thinking these songs are fake would have been enough to not release them. It's still unbelievable to me that they decided to stream Breaking News as the first song from that album. I mean, what were they thinking?

Stubbornly continuing to push for the release of these songs was a gigantic mistake to say the least. It caused a major division in the fanbase and they obviously lost the support from a huge chunk of it too.

Overall I can tell the quality of the cascio tracks are not a quality that MJ would have been ok with, and there is no way that the songs are 100% him for the most part but I can't deny that I enjoy 'Keep Your Head Up'... we can debate until we are blue in the face if it's MJ, how much of it is MJ but in the end of the day I like that song. haha

As far as I'm concerned there is no debate. Michael is not singing on any of these songs, and anyone who says otherwise is in denial

If the executors honestly believe that these songs are Michael, then it just goes to show they are not fit to run (at least the creative side of) his Estate. I mean, what were they thinking?

"I'm Michael Jackson now." - John Branca (allegedly)

I wish there was a throwing cash emoticon :p

I've posted in the past what I believe as far as MJ's involvement in the Cascio tracks.. And to make it short I don't believe it's all him... However for those who say to about the peoplethat believe MJ is singing or at least partial MJ.. "You gotta get your ears checked", "I've listened to Michael all my life and this is not him.".... etc.. THEY are the ones in "denial".. Who ever it was did a damn good job even if you don't want to admit it.. YES I can tell in several areas it's not MJ but IF 100% is not Michael than who ever did the parts that I "know" it's Michael did a great @$$ job.. And yes, I have listened to MJ my whole life too.. And can usuallllyyy tell between a 2-3 year increment what year a song was recorded.. I've tested several times with friends with unreleased music..

so go ahead and tell me my ears are jacked cuz I would bet on my ears if it came down to it...

Well I am probably the only MJ fan that hasn't heard these Cascio Tracks yet. But I am going to take the other fans word. And say they are not him. And even if I did heard those songs. I will still say the same thing. Even though it is almost rare for me to listen to Michael anymore. Thanks to my depression that I am still suffering from. Over what had happen to him. I would still know his voice. Since I have been a fan of his since the early 80s.

People can like those horrid songs as much as they want but it's a sacrilege and disrespect to Michael's legacy those abominations have attached his name on them and are part of his genius catalogue.

Last edited:
Everybody's watching the news on Michael Jackson
They Wanna see that i'll fall cause I'm Michael Jackson

c20447790fac4ad9999b16024a368617.320x240x158.gif

Wow. Someone should sue them for writing those lines. Cringeworthy

I feel the same now in 2015 as I did in 2010.

Both Monster and Keep Your Head Up IMO has some of Michael's actual vocals, but there is someone else on there. My belief is they wanted to finish the song, so they got someone to do so.

Breaking News on the other hand, was, and still is a steaming pile of dog shit. That is 100% not Michael.

No amount of technology turns Michael Jackson's voice into Jason Malachi's. Lol

Who? I'm into music technology, so I know what it can do to voices when manipulated. I still believe it's Michael, but I do agree with POP, I think there could be someone else besides Michael finishing what wasn't finished.

SkysTheLimit;4104822 said:
Who? I'm into music technology, so I know what it can do to voices when manipulated.
Yes, stuff like this and this.

Both are examples of extreme use of Melodyne. The vocals sound artificial, but notably, still like Michael´s voice. The Cascio vocals, on the contrary, sound clean and do not contain any of the obvious artefacts the tracks above. This indicates they contain much less processing than the tracks above do, yet they sound like a different voice. A different voice that just happens to sound exactly like Jason Malachi's.

And this is even ignoring everything else. The lack of any evidence that Michael worked on these songs, the fact that the Cascio side (including Teddy Riley) have given constantly different explanations for why the voice sounds off, etc. Heck, even Teddy Riley admits it now.

Yes! I think differently about those songs than I did back in 2010 and maybe even a couple of month ago.

I mean I always felt like they sound different and wanted to know why. Back then I thought maybe his voice changed a bit in his later years. But on Hold My Hand for example his voice sounds still like before so that didn't convince me. My next thought was that maybe he was having a cold and was ill while recording this songs. Maybe the voice was overprocessed and melodyne was used (you can clearly hear that it was used no matter who sung those songs). I really thought there has to be an answer. I couldn't imagine that they would even consider using fake songs. And I knew about the relationship Michael had with the Cascio family. I thought they would never do this, because I really think they were good friends of him.
Also the songs were registered two days after Michael died. So I thought back then this Time period is to short to decide to produce fake songs and record them with someone else.

Now I think differently. I feel like these songs are not sung by Michael. The voice is not Michaels and his pronunciation was different. Regarding the pronunciation I really would compare them to Jason Malachi also I'm not sure if he really is the singer of those songs.
Now I think they probably recorded some demos with an impersonator to present them to Michael so he can imagine how they would sound like. This is not uncommon in the music industry.
Maybe that's what happened. Otherwise I cannot explain how the songs could be registered only two days after his death.

I really think they picked the songs that sounds most like Michael for the album. When you listen to other demos you can hear it more clear that it's someone else

Last edited:
Yes! I think differently about those songs than I did back in 2010 and maybe even a couple of month ago.

I mean I always felt like they sound different and wanted to know why. Back then I thought maybe his voice changed a bit in his later years. But on Hold My Hand for example his voice sounds still like before so that didn't convince me. My next thought was that maybe he was having a cold and was ill while recording this songs. Maybe the voice was overprocessed and melodyne was used (you can clearly hear that it was used no matter who sung those songs). I really thought there has to be an answer. I couldn't imagine that they would even consider using fake songs. And I knew about the relationship Michael had with the Cascio family. I thought they would never do this, because I really think they were good friends of him.
Also the songs were registered two days after Michael died. So I thought back then this Time period is to short to decide to produce fake songs and record them with someone else.

Now I think differently. I feel like these songs are not sung by Michael. The voice is not Michaels and his pronunciation was different. Regarding the pronunciation I really would compare them to Jason Malachi also I'm not sure if he really is the singer of those songs.
Now I think they probably recorded some demos with an impersonator to present them to Michael so he can imagine how they would sound like. This is not uncommon in the music industry.
Maybe that's what happened. Otherwise I cannot explain how the songs could be registered only two days after his death.

I really think they picked the songs that sounds most like Michael for the album. When you listen to other demos you can hear it more clear that it's someone else

A well considered post. Thank you. :)

can I just give huge respect to Slave To The Rhythm for coming back and saying they were wrong. It just makes me so sad that those who from the very start believed the songs were not Michael were vilified and how it broke the fan community in two.

It was such a hugely emotional time for all of us, and at a time when we should have been supporting each other, everyone was at each others throats.

The results of the poll show now the true feeling of the fan community, but its too late, the damage has been done.

Back