Have your opinions changed? (Cascio Tracks)

Have your opinions changed?

• Yes-I now believe it's MJ 100%

Votes: 103 30.1%
  • Yes-I think its him but not 100% him

Votes: 90 26.3%
  • No-It's not him at all

Votes: 149 43.6%

• Total voters
No, they will never change. I know it is not MJ,being a fan all of my life, I recognize when it's him and when its not

The first time I listened to the tracks I thought they were Michael. Now I'm completely convinced of the opposite. I'm very anti-Cascio now.

Last edited:
Why is this thread unnecessary? It has been here since 2010. People don't have to derail the thread or post negative things that serve to rile people up. You either answer the question or you don't. If you think something has no merit, let those who think it does discuss respectfully.

Threads like these will have merit to many fans as long as there is a question of the vocals.

Thanks. :)

I know for definite that MJ is singing on 'Keep Your Head Up' and 'Monster'. However, I am not too sure about 'Breaking News.'

^ I think Breaking News does sound nothing like Michael..

I think a better place for this thread is the Controversy forum.

It doens't matter to me if it's him or not, I hate the songs anyway because I think their just bad songs no matter who would sing them.

Since the thread is here, I will give my opinion : I am not sure at all and that maybe is not going to happen soon or maybe never I am afraid. My opinion slightly tends to believe I hear Michael on all Cascio tracks but I can be mistaking.
In the beginning I was not sure either but I admit later on I was reacting to the mass-hysteria.
Now I am still studying from what others learned because I obviously am not an expert at this case and I don't trust my ears alone. But for your info : I don't believe in the Malachi theory till officially proven. Voilà, that's my opinion.
Still think this should be in the Controversy forum.

I think a better place for this thread is the Controversy forum.

What's so controversial about having a poll asking whether people's opinions have changed? I think the word "controversy" has a new meaning in this forum. It seems if people have nothing good to say about the tracks, then the concensus is to let those people have their "controversial" talk in another sub-forum. People have nothing good to say about the tracks are automatically perceived as trouble makers who are going to destroy the "loving" atmosphere of the main forum.

By now, I do not care which forums this thread is being moved to. It doesn't make any difference. I simply don't understand why so many non-controversial topics are being labelled controversial thesedays.

Back to topic, my opinons haven't changed. I think there are many possibilities to why the tracks turned out the way they turned out. I don't know what truly happened. I haven't seen any solid evidence supporting it's Michael singing. Meanwhile, I haven't seen any solid evidence pointing the otherwise. It's possible that Eddie Cascio did everything in good faith. It's possible the difference in the sound is completely due to new instrumentation, new editing, new productions, etc... But, a big (but), the songs will never be Michael Jackson songs to me, even if it's proven that every note is sung by Michael Joseph Jackson. In my opinion, creating new music to dress up barebone demos and stretch them into official Michael Jackson songs is as disgusting as hiring an impersonator to fill in the vocal gap. All I know is that Michael knew little or nothing about the way these songs (that carry his name) turned out.

To me, the term "Cascio tracks" is synonymous to attemps to exploit an artistic legacy that a genius sacrifice his life to build.

Nope, as time has gone on I've found even more reasons to believe the songs are as "questionable", "doubtful", or "illegitimate" as the day I heard them.

Warning: this thread will attract a lot of moaners and people who can't comprehend or accept people having different opinions.

Well, someone who doubts posts a warning about this thread himself!

Well I have to admit my opinions changed partially.
All the time I was searching for the "fake" vocals so much fans talked about. I could not find them. Now still I didn't find them, because I hear Michael on the lead vocals and no one else.

BUT, I was too focused on that word "fake" as not being Michael's voice.
Now after having bought the CD and having listened lots of times to the entire album on several different devices and with headphones... I can say that I hear that big parts of (I think Michael's) vocals on that Cascio tracks sound a bit like been put through some kind of sieve or riddle (right word?), that means they are too heavily processed. It is (to me) like the voice has minuscule holes in it, that's that strange vibrato. Teddy Riley said they had to do processing with Melodyne to bring the vocals on key with the music... well I understand, but there are limits to what's acceptable as a final product.
If it is necessary to deteriorate the sound of a voice to do that... you're not doing a good job with that. In some parts, the voice looses all substance and is like..."dust" (to me) in some (small) parts. It is in small parts here and there more noticeable than on other parts, but still it's frustrating.

But I would not say they used an other voice than Michael's, that's not obvious to me.
And however this is a serious matter and should be sued for... However I would not boycott the album for it.
But I think Michael Jackson (in the first place) and we, his fans, deserve more evidence and explanation than what we have now.

Also I want to ad that I very much appreciate people saying (f.i. Ginvid) "It doesn't sound like Michael" instead of "It is not Michael, it is fake, it is Malachi"
That we have no proof from. But we can say that it doesn't sound the way we know that Michael's voice sounds like.

Still I'ld love the fans to buy the album.

For Love Is Magical : this I wrote before in this thread. I was detailing so much... but in fact I knew nothing and still don't.

And the OP is right. This topic has attracted many people who can't comprehend or accept people having different opinions. I have seen such people from both sides.

It's totally fine that people have different opinions. For instance, I love the song Heartbreaker. It's one of the most played song on my Invincible playlist. Many people cannot understand why I love Heartbreaker so much. I just love it. But, is "do you like Heartbreaker" a controversial topic? I bet it's not.

Again, by now, I don't care where this thread is moved to. If people think such topic as controversial as the hoax theory. Fine.

I just want to share my two cents. That's all.

For Love Is Magical : this I wrote before in this thread. I was detailing so much... but in fact I knew nothing and still don't.

Garden, I hear you. Believe or not, I feel the same way at times. I didn't know anything about the tracks a year ago. I didn't know much about the tracks when they were released officially. I still don't know much about the tracks now.

All I know is that the vocals sound foreign to me. The vocals sound different. I cannot deny that. As I mentioned in my earlier post, I don't know what the difference can be attributed to. It can be new music that cause the difference. It can be editing. I simply don't know. I agree with Quincy Jones that one cannot tell. The vocals are too stack and processed. I don't appreciate the way they handle these tracks.

It's totally fine that people have different opinions. For instance, I love the song Heartbreaker. It's one of the most played song on my Invincible playlist. Many people cannot understand why I love Heartbreaker so much. I just love it. But, is "do you like Heartbreaker" a controversial topic? I bet it's not.

Of course Love is Magical, a question or a poll as a medium is neutral... and the answers could be simply yes or no with or without some non biaised explanation. But this thread has been used for hatefull (towards the tracks or others) one-liners and pro or contra propaganda and therefore it should be in the Controversy forum (imo)

Garden, I hear you. Believe or not, I feel the same way at times. I didn't know anything about the tracks a year ago. I didn't know much about the tracks when they were released officially. I still don't know much about the tracks now.

All I know is that the vocals sound foreign to me. The vocals sound different. I cannot deny that. As I mentioned in my earlier post, I don't know what the difference can be attributed to. It can be new music that cause the difference. It can be editing. I simply don't know. I agree with Quincy Jones that one cannot tell. The vocals are too stack and processed. I don't appreciate the way they handle these tracks.

I agree with you on this post Love Is Magical!
(sorry for the multiple posting!)

I'm against being too aggresive and arrogant to people from both sides. But, is it not okay to hate the tracks? I mean I don't hate people who love the tracks. I just do not like the tracks.

I'm against being too aggresive and arrogant to people from both sides.
Yes me too and we are all responsible for our own way of expressing.
But, is it not okay to hate the tracks, I mean I don't hate people who love the tracks. I just do not like the tracks.

I think hating the tracks is perfectly OK! But some fans here love the tracks. Then the way disgust for the tracks is expressed can hurt the fans who love the tracks... Imagine "believers in the tracks" repeating constantly how "they are in love" with the tracks... how would the reaction of those who severely doubt the tracks be? They'ld be hurt.

This is not meant for you Love, I did not see you being really hatefull or exagerating.

Last edited:
I hadn't listened to "Michael" for over a month--maybe two. "Monster" sounds more manipulated and less like Michael, at least like a natural-voiced Michael. "Breaking News" sounds just obviously faked, and "Keep Your Head Up" sounds more like Michael to me, but definitely manipulated electronically.
The authentic Michael songs just sound so natural and pure--"Best of Joy," "Much Too Soon," especially.

Yes me too and we are all responsible for our own way of expressing.

I think hating the tracks is perfectly OK! But some fans here love the tracks. Then the way disgust for the tracks is expressed can hurt the fans who love the tracks... Imagine "believers in the tracks" repeating constantly how "they are in love" with the tracks... how would the reaction of those who severely doubt the tracks be? They'ld be hurt.

This is not meant for you Love, I did not see you being really hatefull or exagerating.

It depends on how the opinions are expressed. If the people who don't like the tracks said something like "These tracks are bad. The people who love the tracks are stupid." Then, I totally understand why the people who love the tracks are offended.

But, if people simply said the tracks are bad. Then, I see no reason why the people who love the tracks are agitated.

We cannot control how other people feel. People have rights to like or dislike. People should not feel offended because some expressed unfavorable opinions or a different opinion. Too many times I have seen expressing an unfavorable opinons being perceived as having negative attitude.

I agree Love is Magical and I also agree people from both sides are responsible for how they express their opinions.

I agree Love is Magical and I also agree people from both sides are responsible for how they express their opinions.

Exactly! :huggy:

Garden, thank you! I guess we just demonstrated how people with different opinons can have a discussion in a respectful manner. It doesn't need to be confrontational all the time.

Yes we all should be able to express our feelings about these track without attcking each other
it is clear the fans base is split down the middle on this and we must at least respect each other
Now I supported this Album becuase I believe MJ played a part in those tracks and actually recorded
his voice for them even if not 100%. Plus I loved the other 7 Songs. I also didnt want an Album named
MICHAEL to fail (that is my emotional response )

Myself I believe MJ is on those tracks somewhat but mixed with other vocals which are clearly not Michael. The voice sounds foreign to me in many places and is not the Michael's voice I have always loved and enjoyed. People that say its becuase his voice changed dont have a leg to stand on bcecuase from TII we can hear his voice and it is still the same beautiful voice we all know and love. We recognise it immediatly. Now I do believe Eddie Casico really did record Michael for these tracks but how much they actually had of his vocals is questionable and the way they manipulated theses tracks have ruined them. These tracks have caused so much discord and division in the fan base I cannot even enjoy listening to them like i would like to. :( I do like the songs themselves very much and feel Michael did play a hand in writing them so thats how I reconsile this for myself.

I can also respect boths side of this Topic becuase the songs do sound so different and even foreign to me. I dont think we will ever have the whole truth of how these tracks were put together and how much is actually MJ .I truly hope they dont use any more casico songs on MJ Albums _ If they do it should be all on one album Called "The Casico recordings" and let fans decide for themselves if they wish to support it in any way. I wont Untill Casicos can give us his MJ fans some real proof and stop making excuses like we deleted the hardrive etc etc (which is Insaine) NO ONE deletes MJ Demos. I wont support any more of thier tracks. I wont buy the album just download the songs I like. I also will NEVER support Boycotts of Michael albums regardless. Instead of publically boycotting I suggest just buy (download) the songs you like and suport those.

A bit. Monster and KYHU I'm willing to listen to and I do think there are at least some vocals by him... but BN still makes me angry. I hear about 1% Michael in that track, and that's all from the repeated "hee"s,"hoo"s and whatnots -.-

Whenever I hear the songs, I don't associate them with Michael Jackson at all. The voice is so foreign to me that it absolutely, to me, is NOT him. It's that simple. They don't have his trademark sound. They don't have his trademark voice. There's only one conclusion for me.

It's very, very sad that this has happened.

i keep going back and forth. i trust Cascios manly because they never betrayed MJ. even when he an frank had a fall out. and honestly that's more then i can say about the Jacksons. however, the tracks do sounds weird. and i think it's because they are too much effect layers used due to the circumstances. think about it, these were not even finished demos. i think these were just ideas that MJ bounced off in a studio. this is JMO.

i keep going back and forth. i trust Cascios manly because they never betrayed MJ. even when he an frank had a fall out. and honestly that's more then i can say about the Jacksons. however, the tracks do sounds weird. and i think it's because they are too much effect layers used due to the circumstances. think about it, these were not even finished demos. i think these were just ideas that MJ bounced off in a studio. this is JMO.

Too much effect layers, huh?

How about this song:

It does not exist, it is completely fabricated as well as the music. There is much more processing than on any Cascio song. The question is, when you hear it, do you doubt as much as when you hear the Cascio vocalists? Here it is:

[youtube]HxvJUuRrVYM[/youtube]

p.s. The guy who did this fabricated snippet is more gifted than Teddy Riley. Respect.

Back