Have your opinions changed? (Cascio Tracks)

Have your opinions changed?

• Yes-I now believe it's MJ 100%

Votes: 103 30.1%
  • Yes-I think its him but not 100% him

Votes: 90 26.3%
  • No-It's not him at all

Votes: 149 43.6%

• Total voters
It's just a very weird situation, cause not believing in these songs is practically the same as not believing the Cascio family, which is a shame cause they really look very genuine during Oprah. Also..someone here said it before that Teddy Riley looked down and not in Oprah's eyes when he said the vocals are his. I noticed that too.

Sorry but I've listened to Monster and Breaking News over 50 times using my 600$ headphones.. The lead vocal are not Michael Jackson!!! there is no way his voice could sound so different on those particular tracks... There are some background vocal by MJ on those tracks, but not the leads.. These are nothing but unfulfilled ideas my Michael, nothing close to finished songs.. Keep your head up is also questionable.. But sound it contains more authentic lead vocals that the two others... However What makes the album so precious is the other tracks. Hollywood Tonight, Best of Joy, Behind the mask and Much too soon are simply classics! pure gold!! This is the only reason I'm buying it besides the booklet...

Nope, my opinion hasn't changed. I'm not going to be using the phrase "in my opinion" before I voice my dislike of them in future either because i'm not alone in this; and the others who accept the tracks as Michael Jackson on an off day singing with a snorkel aren't required to use a disclaimer before they claim the songs are everything they've ever wanted.

There is such a distinct difference between the Cascio tracks to the rest of the album that is impossible to ignore. Most of the believers will also mention this, but then point to other songs that have sounded "unlike" Michael in the past, i.e Shout, 2000 Watts or Privacy.

The vibrato in the Cascio tracks are unlike ANY song he's ever done before, and have been discussed to death.
The timbre of Michael's voice is also much different to the unknown voice on the Cascio tracks. This is the major difference that doubters call out on. If you dont know what timbre is:
In music, timbre is the quality of a musical note or sound or tone that distinguishes different types of sound production, such as voices or musical instruments. The physical characteristics of sound that mediate the perception of timbre include spectrum and envelope. Timbre is also known in psychoacoustics as tone quality or tone color.
For example, timbre is what, with a little practice, people use to distinguish the saxophone from the trumpet in a jazz group, even if both instruments are playing notes at the same pitch and loudness. Timbre has been called a "wastebasket" attribute or category (Tobias 1970, 409).

I also don't believe that the Cascio tracks are any good, musically or lyrically. You can hate me for that if you disagree, but if they were indeed sung by someone other than Michael and were labelled as such, they wouldn't crack the top 100 - 50 Cent or not.

Like I've always maintained, if it was only one track that sounded like this, it'd be easier to understand. But three songs, plus a leak, all from the same source.... the ability to understand diminishes. Especially when you hear a song like Best Of Joy and put it next to Keep Your Head Up.

I'm still open to any and all info about these tracks though.

It's just a very weird situation, cause not believing in these songs is practically the same as not believing the Cascio family, which is a shame cause they really look very genuine during Oprah. Also..someone here said it before that Teddy Riley looked down and not in Oprah's eyes when he said the vocals are his. I noticed that too.

Al Pacino is a bloody good actor but he's not REALLY a Cuban drug lord from Miami.

the others who accept the tracks as Michael Jackson on an off day singing with a snorkel aren't required to use a disclaimer before they claim the songs are everything they've ever wanted.
:lol:

And in my opinion, you all just WANT to believe its MJ because you have waited so long for an album and dont want it tarnished by the thought of 3 songs on the album being fake. So you have convinced yourselves that the vocals are real. :punk:

Totally with you. :clapping:

Al Pacino is a bloody good actor but he's not REALLY a Cuban drug lord from Miami.

What you are trying to say is you think the Cascio's were acting(lying) there? It could be. But there are several different posibilities really :)

I just hope next time they'll think twice before putting this shit on it, so then i might have a reason to go out and purchase it. But something tells me it's only going to get worse from here on.

haven't heard the whole album, but i never doubt it was MJ. And after seeing that basement where he recorded, it explains somewhat the slight voice distortion.

Let's appreciate MJ's little gifts.

I am actually convinced it is not him on the cascio tracks. I really like the other songs on the album and I did bought the album already.

- Its the same voice on all cascio tracks.
- Michael's vibrato never sounded like that on any released song.
- Compare the cascio songs to the other songs on the album, again I cant hear that vibrato in the other songs.
- The vibrato doesnt sound naturally, it sounds like someone trying really hard to copy Michaels vibrato. A natural vibrato doenst sound like that and would only be the ending of a word and not going on for 5 sec with even stops in it (KYHU: from under mee e e e).
- Its the same vibrato after single line or word, like it has to be there to convince everone its him. (KYHU: Killing up the life in the birds and the treee e e e sss).

I think I could sum up some more. After all its not really a problem to me that these songs will be released, it bothers me they are releasing tracks with the voice of someone else on it, claiming it is Michaels voice. They should just credit the guy to which the voice belongs and Im fine with it.

The words of the Cascio, actually didnt convince me either. They sounded trustable, but they didnt show any proof. Neither did the statements from the estate change my mind, they can write up what they want, but they didnt show any proof.

Some serious proof has to be released to make me change my mind, Im afraid.

I am sure it's Michael too. Always was, although I have to admit I felt rather intimidated by the negative reactions on here after Breaking News streamed on MJ.com. Was my hearing and joy wrong? I expected a celebration, but instead hell had frozen over. I hope it's behind us now, as there is a great album to be celebrating now.

What we need is:
1.) All available video footage to be made public......
2.) Sony and Estate to make public statements (live video footage and not internet 'text')....
3.) All personnel who worked on these songs to make public statements.....
4.) The actual names of the audiologists / musicologists and their results to be made public.....
And 5.) All relevant Cascio demo's to be made public in their original raw form!!!!

I agree. But the raw demos have been destroyed somehow, right? Funny.

The Oprah show and Teddy Riley. I noticed too that Riley didn't have direct eye-contact while telling that the songs are for real. I actually waited when he would look at the camera but that didn't happen! Didn't convince me.

I have been tempted to buy the album, though, but I just can't support this album with these three Cascio-tracks in it 'cause they doesn't sound right.

Maybe for example 'Monster' would sound good - if it was in someone elses album. Who ever sang the lead vocals. -_-

No, they haven't changed. I thought it was MJ and when I heard the album it became even more clear that it was MJ.

Memefan;3121953 said:
haven't heard the whole album, but i never doubt it was MJ. And after seeing that basement where he recorded, it explains somewhat the slight voice distortion.

Let's appreciate MJ's little gifts.

The same basement where is suposed that he recorded braground vocals for Wanna be startin´ somethin´ 2008.

Dibujodasdas-2.jpg

In that song (WBSS 2008) you can hear MJ voice with no doubt, and in the other songs.... NOT.

Strange.

Kapital77;3122020 said:
The same basement where is suposed that he recorded braground vocals for Wanna be startin´ somethin´ 2008.

Dibujodasdas-2.jpg

In that song (WBSS 2008) you can hear MJ voice with no doubt, and in the other songs.... NOT.

Strange.

There you have it.

In WBSS no one would even doubt for a second that this was Michael. And now with the 3 Cascio tracks it's supposed to be Michael but sounding totally different and needing like 5 different song versions (Breaking News) until the voice sounds at least a tiny bit like him? Was that ever necessary in his previous songs? Having to go through 5 different versions until you finally can say "yeah, now it sounds almost like him"? how stupid is that?

Grief does funny things to people. The cascios behaviour was very strange on oprah. They came across as edgy and nervous and stumbled through their words. I have not changed my initial gut reaction on listening to those tracks. Michael jackson they are not.

There should be a poll

After hearing the album versions have your opinion changed?

1. Yes - now I am certain it is MJ

2. MJ was on the songs - but not him 100 %

3. No - I still don't hear MJ in the songs.

There should be a poll

After hearing the album versions have your opinion changed?

1. Yes - now I am certain it is MJ

2. MJ was on the songs - but not him 100 %

3. No - I still don't hear MJ in the songs.
I agree.

Grief does funny things to people. The cascios behaviour was very strange on oprah. They came across as edgy and nervous and stumbled through their words. I have not changed my initial gut reaction on listening to those tracks. Michael jackson they are not.

You have to put it into context though. If I were going on Oprah, I'd probably do the same. It's not necessarily a sign of guilt.

My opinion hasnt changed either. I believe Michael is singing, as a back up vocalist. I've listened as closely as I could, and I can assure you I really wanted to hear his voice, as the lead singer. I didnt. I still dont.
It doesnt mean I know better than anyone else out there, especially than those who think Mike's the lead singer, but I can't lie to myself. :(

I still think that this is Michael in all the songs but of course it will have different backvocals and stuff, which are sung not by Michael. We should be very very grateful for what we have. And we should agree that this will be a great album whether some of you have doubts or not :)

I am sure it's Michael too. Always was, although I have to admit I felt rather intimidated by the negative reactions on here after Breaking News streamed on MJ.com. Was my hearing and joy wrong? I expected a celebration, but instead hell had frozen over. I hope it's behind us now, as there is a great album to be celebrating now.

Honestly, I have been doubting my ears and my mind for hours after reading those first reactions. I thought, if so much people are so certain, what's wrong with me?
Later on I began to see patterns in the posts and I watched the persons who were the loudest Fake-screamers. I had been reading and reading, as posts followed each other with great speed, and forgot to listen again to the track :). Then came the moment I thought : this is too much a circus, now I am not going to read for a while and I am going to listen. I thought again that I heard Michael no matter what I had read.
Now with the statement of the Estate, with the article from Huffington Post, with the leaking of the tracks, my own observation of the sounding is more affirmated so that I don't doubt my own ears anymore. Also, I do know now that it can be scientifically tested and that makes me certain even more.
And in the end, also no one would risk fraud with those vocals, IMO. Digitally finishing is another thing, which I don't always approve, but it is understandable. I think those tracks for many reasons deserve their place on the album, but three at a time is really more than enough. But I like them, for getting an idea what Michael created with the Cascio's in those last years and last but not least because I love that music, the tracks aren't bad at all, I even enjoy them very much.

I don't believe the estate and Sony were stupid enough to pay ridiculous amount money to buy the fake songs!!!!!!!! If I had any doubt about the casico's songs before, it's all gone after thinking this way. and after seeing the Oprah interview, the poor condition of the home studio :bugeyed, I am also convinced Michael was just putting his ideas and try something different there. There is no way Michael would release the rough demo or satisfy his work in such condition. Remember Michael love to record hundreds of songs but only chose a few songs. Consider Michael never rework them in the proper studio later, I think those songs were never meant to see the light:(. But Michael's gone, this is just what we had.

Back