have your tickets been canceled

I only ordered 2 and the money has been taken out. Phew.

Has everyone received cofirmation emails yet?

I got a confirmation email for 1 date but not for the other 2. I booked them all in 1 telephone call - although they all went through as separate transactions so they could charge me an extra £10 each time. I only booked 4 tickets so not over the limit, but I don't have enough confidence in them not to get things wrong and cancel valid tickets.

If only 4 or less tickets have been bought by your household, you have no reason to worry! Don't panic, your fine!

The fifth - which is a V.I.P. - did go through today which is probably why they wouldn't cancel that, coz they're trying to sell them!

I am so shocked..
for various reasons..
I can not comprehend that there are still fans out there who dont understand what the issue is.

The issue is not that there is a ticket limit, but that it was not clearly communicated or was changed without proper announcement. And that TM still doesnt know
I am fighting for my 5th ticket which I bought in presale within the originally announced 6 limit
I have sent off emails to TM read through dozens of FAQs I still dont what is happening and my 5th ticket is not getting charged to my credit card

TM hasnt sent me an email or anything, they have not rang me (even thought I gave them my australian mobiel) big nothing. All I know that I am not getting charged.

And well this is a gift for a wheel-chair-bound fan over in middle of Europe who has never had a chance to go any MJ concerts..

so this what my whole fuss is about...

on the other hand lets be fair if 4 is the limit then that should 4 regardless of what kind of a ticket it is..if my 5th is a VIP would they cancel it? bet not...would they cancel one other of my 5...well God only knows cos TM has no clue.

this thread has a way of making you go check your email and ticketmaster account LOL

and you know what this is really really sad..
I dont want to drag about this but have just been to viagogo...i desperately need a ticket for Aug I am prepared to go into red for it..for my peace of mind..
and there is not a single word on any ticket limit..

general terms and conditions
http://www.viagogo.com/help.aspx?helpgroupid=486&Mode=2

http://www.viagogo.com/help.aspx?helpgroupid=97

MJ FAQs
http://www.viagogo.com/PopupHelpPage.aspx?HelpID=1002161&mode=2

someone tell me where am I missing the point on ticket limits..
If dont know about TM cos I have never been there can I buy 5 viagogo tickets if I can afford to do so???
I dont know that is causing me the issue...

and you know what this is really really sad..
I dont want to drag about this but have just been to viagogo...i desperately need a ticket for Aug I am prepared to go into red for it..for my peace of mind..
and there is not a single word on any ticket limit..

general terms and conditions
http://www.viagogo.com/help.aspx?helpgroupid=486&Mode=2

http://www.viagogo.com/help.aspx?helpgroupid=97

MJ FAQs
http://www.viagogo.com/PopupHelpPage.aspx?HelpID=1002161&mode=2

someone tell me where am I missing the point on ticket limits..
If dont know about TM cos I have never been there can I buy 5 viagogo tickets if I can afford to do so???
I dont know that is causing me the issue...

hey my friend, just saw your post, didnt see it before I made mine, I know exactly that is what you were trying to do, as you pm'ed me that day, and very hour you were trying to do it, so I do hope you get the ticket, it would be such a shame for ticketmaster to do that. :(

hey my friend, just saw your post, didnt see it before I made mine, I know exactly that is what you were trying to do, as you pm'ed me that day, and very hour you were trying to do it, so I do hope you get the ticket, it would be such a shame for ticketmaster to do that. :(

Look mate, I appreciate the concern..what drives me up the wall is

1, I acted in good faith and will and kept within my 6 limit
2, now I am stressing now only about my ticket but of a gift for a disabled friend
3, there is still no information on what is going on! - there are contradicting messages flying all over the place I am not receiving any support from TM. interestingly I can reach my bank and talk to them at 1am UK time but TM is not providing any support in my time zone. I am planning to file a complaint at the TM Australia office besides the UK Department of Customers Affairs if this is not clarified by Friday.

I dont wish it to be sorted but I want to know what the terms and conditions finally are...and to be frank I dont think I am asking much here with this 1 week after the sale activity started...

so keep the faith...:angel:

For those of you who have gone over ur limit (even tho they cant make their mind up on this), if you have access to card registered to another address, CALL TM NOW! and stop them from cancelling your tickets. As I said yesterday (in a thread which appears to be deleted), a woman from AEG told me to call TM and they will be able to change 1 of the orders over to another card (they will refund you and charge the other account instead). And people are now managing to get this done...

" just called Ticketmaster for the first time this morning. Asked if they would let me change my card details to my girlfriend's card. They let me do it with no hassle whatsoever.

They've taken the money from my account, so they will be refunding me (I don't know if I'll get my admin charge back) and then charging my girlfriend's card.

I'm now no longer over the limit! If you want to get this done, then TM should hopefully be pretty nice about it, like they were for me!

P.s. I spoke to Chris. He was really helpful"

I hope this helps some of you out, but unfortunately can't be used for my situation :(

would sound good but it is not helping me out
even though I have an other card it is to my residental address (I am not going to tweek on the addresses) and it is to my name...
no change there...
I am maintaining my stubborn position. I bought 5 when the limit was 6 - changing this is a breach of contract from TMs side...and I am not going to swallow it

would sound good but it is not helping me out
even though I have an other card it is to my residental address (I am not going to tweek on the addresses) and it is to my name...
no change there...
I am maintaining my stubborn position. I bought 5 when the limit was 6 - changing this is a breach of contract from TMs side...and I am not going to swallow it

do you not have a relative who could you out if you explained the situation and told them that you would give the money straight back to them?

And yea i know wat you mean, but TM can't even seem to decide on what their terms are so i think the best thing people can do is to at least try to save their tickets and argue with them later if they wish..

well seems to be the ones buying 100s of tickets aren't so lucky after all :)

Last edited:
aww i hope that this whole things gets sorted out
and i hope that none of u will lose ur tickets
Im praying for u all

Email some1 has received.

Dear ****,

RE: Michael Jackson The O2 Arena.

I am writing in response to your letter we received on 16th March 2009.

Any ticket limits and conditions related to specific events are decided by the promoters. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

After further investigation, we are happy to inform you that on this occasion we will be able to transfer the payment on the excess tickets.

Please call our customer services department on 08444 999 999 were an agent will be happy to help you. I have left a note in each account.

Please note that you will need to provide different names/addresses/card numbers for 2 bookings. All of the new details given must be of the card holder and the details must all match the card details.

This decision has been made on a one off basis and is not a standard practice for anyone who has exceeded the ticket limit.

Kindest regards

Vicky Hargreaves

Look mate, I appreciate the concern..what drives me up the wall is

1, I acted in good faith and will and kept within my 6 limit
2, now I am stressing now only about my ticket but of a gift for a disabled friend
3, there is still no information on what is going on! - there are contradicting messages flying all over the place I am not receiving any support from TM. interestingly I can reach my bank and talk to them at 1am UK time but TM is not providing any support in my time zone. I am planning to file a complaint at the TM Australia office besides the UK Department of Customers Affairs if this is not clarified by Friday.

I dont wish it to be sorted but I want to know what the terms and conditions finally are...and to be frank I dont think I am asking much here with this 1 week after the sale activity started...

so keep the faith...:angel:

Ticketmaster have taken out two payments I made to them during the pre sale. I got 6 tickets in all, but for different nights.

It's all bollocks really and thats why I will always refer to them as ticketbast@rd!!!

Ticketmaster have taken out two payments I made to them during the pre sale. I got 6 tickets in all, but for different nights.

It's all bollocks really and thats why I will always refer to them as ticketbast@rd!!!

I suggest you follow my advice and call them to change payment details immediately.

just one question. i made an account on TM. but i used my fathers CC with my account. will this become a problem??

From another forum...

"Hi all,

Well I have rung AEG and spoken to the lovely Carly. She was very pleasent and helpful for a lady getting sooooo many calls about this. She first tried to fob me off with the ususal stuff but then after I turned on the charm and explained the situation she put me on hold for a couple of minutes and went and spoke to the Ticket Manager. When she came back she told me that there had been HUGE confussion (tell me about it) and that they should be sorting it out soon. Sounds they have been getting lots of calls (KEEP IT UP!).

She told me that the terms will be updated soon stating 4 per date/per card etc. So if you booked no more than 4 per show you should be fine. She tried to assure me that no one should have their tickets cancelled and that if you have booked more than 4 per show Ticketmaster have the system to change the booking details (i.e - the billing and shipping details) to another person.

I obviously haven't taken this as gospel so I will keep phoning TM and then AEG until I get confirmation. I'd suggested everyone else does the same."

4 per DATE/ CARD...... okkkkk..thats new.

I appreciate it really I do, but Ive had dealings with these twats before, they always move the goalposts.

Well people have been calling them for the last hour and getting their payment details changed successfully, so its worth a try instead of sitting back and letting them take ur tickets away.

Also, im taking this as an admittance of guilt on there part!

just checked my card, all the payments have gone through, Im still nervous 1 ticket may be cancelled, try to ring the customer services number but it was engaged

Just spoke to Ticketmaster as I booked 5 tickets on 1 card, 2 Tickets for 1 concert and 3 for another date, they said if I call up later with a different Card/Billing Address they can transfer the money over, either from the batch of 2 or 3 and all 5 tickets will be sent out, hope this helps.

Just spoke to Ticketmaster as I booked 5 tickets on 1 card, 2 Tickets for 1 concert and 3 for another date, they said if I call up later with a different Card/Billing Address they can transfer the money over, either from the batch of 22 or 3 and all 5 tickets will be sent out, hope this helps.

See guys! i told ya! :p get calling!

Email some1 has received.

Dear ****,

RE: Michael Jackson The O2 Arena.

I am writing in response to your letter we received on 16th March 2009.

Any ticket limits and conditions related to specific events are decided by the promoters. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

After further investigation, we are happy to inform you that on this occasion we will be able to transfer the payment on the excess tickets.

Please call our customer services department on 08444 999 999 were an agent will be happy to help you. I have left a note in each account.

Please note that you will need to provide different names/addresses/card numbers for 2 bookings. All of the new details given must be of the card holder and the details must all match the card details.

This decision has been made on a one off basis and is not a standard practice for anyone who has exceeded the ticket limit.

Kindest regards

Vicky Hargreaves

Will it not work for anyone else if they try it, then?

Back