have your tickets been canceled

Phoned up. Lady said it HAD been 4 per card and that it then changed to 4 per household. She said it's not a problem as at the moment they're letting people change them over to another address (the 'at the moment' bit worried me).
doesnt that beat the point in having the rule in the first place? evryone should have just over booked if u were gonna beable to keep them by just moving them to another card

I've tried phoning and they just say that they don't take any calls re. MJ and not to hold the line.
You that got through, did you just hold anyway or what?

To get this clear.. i don't have to worry about TM cancelling my tickets if i only have 2 right?

The only thing which is different about the billing adress for me is that i used my dad's first name instead of his initials which are stated on his card.. But i don't think that's a problem right? Since they clearly asked for a first name anyway.

I didn't book more than the allowed limit of 4 per person/ billing address, for the whole run of concerts and it's annoying to see that now people are able to just side step past the rules to allow them more concerts.
I was going to try to purchase more good tickets through ebay / viagogo later on (and accept the inflated prices) and am VERY annoyed that people who obeyed the rules are now effectively being punished, while others who ignored the rules are being allowed to keep their tickets. IMO anyone buying more than 4 tickets, as it was stated on the TM website terms and conditions should have their tickets cancelled. I don't care what the reasons for buying more were, they broke the rules that were very clearly stated on the website at the time of purchase and they shouldn't be allowed to get away with it.

There are people who couldn't even get tickets, thanks in part to those who bought more tickets than allowed. Where's the justice for those people who were effectively robbed (well had their chances of success reduced) of their chance to buy tickets by people not sticking to the limit?

Once cancelled, the tickets are resold anyway and so nobody really loses out by the cancellations. Everybody (including those who had their tickets cancelled) will have chance to buy the resold tickets using a different card.

no u are fine.

theres a customer t phone number on TM site which is always pretty easy to get through to it beings 0161 can remember the rest but its their on the site

I didn't book more than the allowed limit of 4 per person/ billing address, for the whole run of concerts and it's annoying to see that now people are able to just side step past the rules to allow them more concerts.
I was going to try to purchase more good tickets through ebay / viagogo later on (and accept the inflated prices) and am VERY annoyed that people who obeyed the rules are now effectively being punished, while others who ignored the rules are being allowed to keep their tickets. IMO anyone buying more than 4 tickets, as it was stated on the TM website terms and conditions should have their tickets cancelled. I don't care what the reasons for buying more were, they broke the rules and shouldn't be allowed to get away with it. There are people who couldn't even get tickets, thanks in part to those who bought more tickets than allowed.
Once cancelled, the tickets are resold anyway and so nobody really loses out by the cancellations. Everybody (including those who had their tickets cancelled) will have chance to buy the resold tickets using a different card.

yeah i agree. beats the point of having a rule if u just allow ppl to side step around it

I was going to try to purchase more good tickets through ebay / viagogo later on (and accept the inflated prices) and am VERY annoyed that people who obeyed the rules are now effectively being punished, while others who ignored the rules are being allowed to keep their tickets. IMO anyone buying more than 4 tickets, as it was stated on the TM website terms and conditions should have their tickets cancelled. I don't care what the reasons for buying more were, they broke the rules and shouldn't be allowed to get away with it. There are people who couldn't even get tickets, thanks in part to those who bought more tickets than allowed.

I would suggest you to read the previous thread on this subject, but i think its been deleted. However I will say that there is a lot more to this than people just buying more tickets than they knew they were allowed to. So please don't start having a go at people for something, when you don't know all the facts. TICKETMASTER messed up, not us, and this is TICKETMASTERS way of solving it, not ours. So if you have a problem with it, direct it to them.

Don't worry, I will. I have followed this situation since it first arose.
The terms were on TMs site when the vast majority of people purchased their tickets. People agree to those terms, as stated on the site at the time of purchase whether it says 6 tickets, 4 tickets per show, or for the whole run.

I am mainly objecting to those people who continued to purchase more than the allowed limit of tickets when the terms were stated clearly on the TM site. It doesn't matter whether people were being told differing stories from differing agencies / call centre staff. As I said, buyers buying from Ticketmaster were agreeing to the terms stated on the TM site when completing the purchase. Each person should be made accountable for their own actions according to the published terms on the sellers site at the time of purchase.

Ticketmaster could make an effort to rectify this situation fairly by tracing back to the time when the clause in their terms first stated 4 tickets maximum for the whole concert run and cancel all tickets from that time on. That would at least help and would be perfectly fair to all involved as anyone buying their 5th, 6th etc tickets after that time would have broken the rules.

Last edited:
It happens so often in life that the good guy gets sh@t upon while others prosper.unfortunately, ce la vie!

so we are bad people because there was a miscommunication of terms that TM are now trying to rectify? If you didn't get tickets or didn't get the amount of tickets you wanted then Im sorry for you but thats not my fault. I spent 8 hours of continuous trying to get my tickets, and have been suffering with extreme anxiety over this situation for the last week, so please don't come here making judgements and calling me and others bad people when we did nothing wrong. TM are the ones to blame for this situation. Not us!

Hmm, I just spoke to Ticketmaster and I told him I got 3 and my husband got 3 both on the presale..he sounded like we were fine, he said it was per card, but I still wasn't convinced lol - he said I could transfer it to another card, but the order I wanted to move was my husband's and he isn't home..he said he needed to speak to him to confirm.
He was very, very friendly and I am gonna call back later.

I started out by saying "If I say Michael Jackson are you gonna hang up on me"? lol

Don't worry, I will. I have followed this situation since it first arose.
The terms were on TMs site when the vast majority of people purchased their tickets. People agree to those terms, as stated on the site at the time of purchase whether it says 6 tickets, 4 tickets per show, or for the whole run.

I am mainly objecting to those people who continued to purchase more than the allowed limit of tickets when the terms were stated clearly on the TM site. It doesn't matter whether people were being told differing stories from differing agencies / call centre staff. As I said, buyers buying from Ticketmaster were agreeing to the terms stated on the TM site when completing the purchase. Each person should be made accountable for their own actions according to the published terms on the sellers site at the time of purchase.

Exactly! and if you have really been following this from the start then you will know that TM changed there terms between the presale and general sale, meaning the terms that were agreed apon were changed. Hell this doesn't even directly effect me as my excess was from 2 different companies. But the terms were not made clear, and TM have admitted this, so why and try argue any different, when the buyers, the promotor and the ticket outlet are all telling you this? I am going to stop responding now, as it is making me very angry that someone could have such ignorance.

so we are bad people because there was a miscommunication of terms that TM are now trying to rectify? If you didn't get tickets or didn't get the amount of tickets you wanted then Im sorry for you but thats not my fault. I spent 8 hours of continuous trying to get my tickets, and have been suffering with extreme anxiety over this situation for the last week, so please don't come here making judgements and calling me and others bad people when we did nothing wrong. TM are the ones to blame for this situation. Not us!

If the published terms at the time you completed the purchase said 4 maximum per billing address for the whole run of concerts, then YES you were in the wrong.
People have to abide by published terms and conditions in their every day lives (bank loans, mortages, car hire. Hell, Ts&Cs even apply when using a Tesco Clubcard!) and Michael Jackson concert ticket sales are no different. As with Ts&Cs for many other things, they are subject to change and the person agreeing to them does so according to what they say at the time of purchase. If anybody bought additional tickets after the time this restriction was put onto the TM site, then they should just hold up their hands and accept the fact they broke the rules.
Updated Ts&Cs very rarely are applied retrospectively.

Of course, I'm annoyed for myself because I could have bought more tickets and risked having them cancelled, but I'm more annoyed for the people that couldn't get tickets thanks to those who bought excessive numbers and were greedy.

Don't slam the door on your way out!

I was going to try to purchase more good tickets through ebay / viagogo later on (and accept the inflated prices) and am VERY annoyed that people who obeyed the rules are now effectively being punished, while others who ignored the rules are being allowed to keep their tickets. IMO anyone buying more than 4 tickets, as it was stated on the TM website terms and conditions should have their tickets cancelled. I don't care what the reasons for buying more were, they broke the rules that were very clearly stated on the website at the time of purchase and they shouldn't be allowed to get away with it.

There are people who couldn't even get tickets, thanks in part to those who bought more tickets than allowed. Where's the justice for those people who were effectively robbed (well had their chances of success reduced) of their chance to buy tickets by people not sticking to the limit?

It not just as simple as chancing your luck and continuing to buy tickets even though you knew you had exceed your limit. In my case I have 2 cards regestered on my ticket master account, both at different billing address. In my panic and excitment I selected the wrong card and ended up putting extra tickets on a card that had exceed its allocation, while the other card was empty. Thats why I got the booking changed!!!

Another fan is a student and lives in shared accomadation. Both the fan and their flatmate both bought tickets with cards regestered at the same address. Thats why they need their booking changed.

Everyones circumstances are different and those of us with multiple tickets who need our bookings transfered should not be judged or be made to feel that we have done something wrong!!

It not just as simple as chancing your luck and continuing to buy tickets even though you knew you had exceed your limit. In my case I have 2 cards regestered on my ticket master account, both at different billing address. In my panic and excitment I selected the wrong card and ended up putting extra tickets on a card that had exceed its allocation, while the other card was empty. Thats why I got the booking changed!!!

Another fan is a student and lives in shared accomadation. Both the fan and their flatmate both bought tickets with cards regestered at the same address. Thats why they need their booking changed.

Everyones circumstances are different and those of us with multiple tickets who need our bookings transfered should not be judged or be made to feel that we have done something wrong!!

I guess it would be unreasonable for anybody to object to their genuine circumstances.

If the published terms at the time you completed the purchase said 4 maximum per billing address for the whole run of concerts, then YES you were in the wrong.
People have to abide by published terms and conditions in their every day lives (bank loans, mortages, car hire. Hell, Ts&Cs even apply when using a Tesco Clubcard!) and Michael Jackson concert ticket sales are no different. As with Ts&Cs for many other things, they are subject to change and the person agreeing to them does so according to what they say at the time of purchase. If anybody bought additional tickets after the time this restriction was put onto the TM site, then they should just hold up their hands and accept the fact they broke the rules.
Updated Ts&Cs very rarely are applied retrospectively.

and your point? most people in this situation bough tickets when the terms were 4 per person per card (nothing bout household or whole tour), and abided by those terms. However after the change in terms people were being told that they would loose any excess above 4 per person per card per household across the whole tour, even though those were not the terms when they accepted them. So you point is invalid.

On top of that, TM have been telling people AEG set the terms, and AEG have been telling us that the terms are per person per card per SHOW not whole tour, leading to more confusion.

TM had the choice of either upholding the terms from wednesday and annoying people who bought them under the terms on friday as they could have bought more, or they could have upheld the terms on friday and annoyed people who bought tickets on weds, causing them to have to deal with trading standards. Instead they chose to uphold the terms from friday, but give the people on wednesday a chance to rectify their order to prevent cancellation against Friday's terms. Yes, either way it is slightly unfair, they shouldn't have messed up in the first place, but i think they chose right. So I really don't see your problem!

You clearly haven't been following this from the start otherwise you would have known this.

so is this now a 4 tickets per person or 4 person per household rule? i read different things here all along...

bottom line is , if you have more than 4 tickets per card, ring ticketmaster and have an alternative crad and billing address.

but I'm more annoyed for the people that couldn't get tickets thanks to those who bought excessive numbers and were greedy.

If thats the case then i suggest you take a visit to the "how many times are you going" thread and flame people there for going multiple times! But you won't cos you will be out numbered with you "mj fans should only want to see him once" opinion.

For people who want any more HELP like i have been trying to do in this thread, pm me, cos i have had enough of the negative feelings, and pitiful arguments.

Anybody got an alternative number to ring apart from 08444 999 999 and 0870 242 4442? you dont get anywhere at all with these numbers, Ive been trying since 11am!!

started out by saying "If I say Michael Jackson are you gonna hang up on me"? lol
user_online.gif
vbrep_register("1833167")
LOL excellent

Anybody got an alternative number to ring apart from 08444 999 999 and 0870 242 4442? you dont get anywhere at all with these numbers, Ive been trying since 11am!!
theres an 0161 customer service number on their site

theres an 0161 customer service number on their site

Ticketmaster.co.uk

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica]International Customers please call +44 (0)161 385 1420.

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Helvetica]The lines are open Monday to Friday from 9.00am to 8.00pm and Saturday and Sunday from 10.00am to 4.00pm.

[/FONT]

anyone who was called by Ticketmaster for any reason (bought more then 4 ticket etc) could you please tell me, do they call you from a hidden nr? My friend got today 2 calls from hidden nr, and she is affraid ticketmaster called her (though she did not exceed the 4 limit). thx:)

Back