have your tickets been canceled

i,m still confused about the whole thing,if you go on different forums everyone is saying different things,i bought 3 tickets with a pre-sale code and then 2 tickets with general sale making it 5.so i should be o.k or will i get 1 ticket cancelled?

Has all the ticket cancelling been done by now do you reckon? :unsure:
I haven't even exceeded the limit but still check my accout at TM regularly out of paranoia lol.

Presale and General sale were NOT different. I asked that to a Ticketmaster representative when I was ordering more tickets...

Presale and General sale were NOT different. I asked that to a Ticketmaster representative when I was ordering more tickets...

Really? That means some of my tickets that my friend bought for us will be in jeapordy...I thought it had been confirmed that they were separate...anyone know for sure?

Really? That means some of my tickets that my friend bought for us will be in jeapordy...I thought it had been confirmed that they were separate...anyone know for sure?

If you are talking bout Chaz, the itunes code one won't be included in this limit.

O FFS! (not you, TM!)

They have sent round emails telling people that the limit on the presale is seperate to the limit on the general sale due to the presale being "pre-managed" via the codes. And that the ticket limit was 4 per CODE (doesn't matter bout household) in Presale, and 4 per HOUSEHOLD in general sale.

AND NOW! they are turning around and saying different again!!! I really wouldn't listen to the robots! Always ask for them to check with the supervisor, or speak to them yourself!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Better yet, just call AEG, they are a lot more helpful!

FYI: this is what AEG say in an auto response email...

Michael Jackson ticket limits - Due to the unprecedented demand for tickets, which was many times greater than the amount of tickets available to sell, whilst ensuring that as many people as possible had the chance to purchase tickets, the ticket limit for the full public on-sale on Friday 13th March was re-set to 4 tickets per household across the entire run. Any bookings made above this limit from Friday 13th will be cancelled and the purchaser notified.
This change does not affect any tickets purchased within the ticket limits set up during the pre-sale, these sales were pre-managed and any multiple registrations were deleted prior to codes being issed and sent out. Please contact the ticket agent from whom you purchased your tickets for any additional information or queries in this regard.

SO IGNORE TICKETMASTER! and people please stop passing on the incorrect info from the robots at TM as it just makes people panic! And if you don't believe me even though I've posted the email from TM and stuff many times before, email AEG yourself, and see the auto response you get! This really doesn't need to be discussed anymore, it just causes people unnecessary heartache!

a friend rang AEG and not only did the aeg/02 guy said all tickets count towards the 4 limit including any bought in pre and gen sale he said any bought from viagogo count aswell. but she told him viagogo were giving ppl a limit of 6tickets to buy. he said they shouldnt be and wanted their email address

edit: she rang again and a lady told the standard rule presale doesnt count and viagogo is speperate
she said to email her and she would put it in writing

Last edited:
update, my friend received the following mail now:

Hello #########

Firstly, I would like to apologise for the confusion- I’ve made sure that the rest of the team is aware of the rules and restrictions in regards to the Michael Jackson bookings.
I can confirm that Viagogo is an official outlet for the Michael Jackson shows and that you are able to buy up to 6 tickets from this company.
Another official outlet is Ticketmaster and you are able to book up to 4 tickets from them. This restriction applies only to the general sale and the pre-sale tickets are not taken into the count.
As separate companies will not be cross-checking bookings between themselves, you are able to book 4 tickets from Ticketmaster and additional 6 tickets from Viagogo and none of your tickets will be cancelled.

I hope this helps.
Please feel free to contact the customer service team, should you require any further assistance.
Kind Regards,

Kasia Figiel

Customer Services
The O2
Peninsula Square
London, SE10 0DX
www.theo2.co.uk
T: +44 (0) 20 8463 2000

me too..
I hope they arrive in June.. EARLY June..or may :D
not expecting THAT though, but would take some of the pressure off!!!!

tickets wont be dispatched until possibly 10 days b4 the event as it says on the confirmation email. its done for security more than anything according to TM

Any news on this??

I bought 8 tickets on presale with two different codes, with same creditcard and billig adress... But still no ticket's has been canceled.... Talking to TM about this is like talking to a wall... they all have a different answer... but I need to now this asap so that I can book hotell and flight....

Any news on this??

I bought 8 tickets on presale with two different codes, with same creditcard and billig adress... But still no ticket's has been canceled.... Talking to TM about this is like talking to a wall... they all have a different answer... but I need to now this asap so that I can book hotell and flight....
i would call them because there was a limite for 4 tickets per household in the presale

How long does it take before they cancel them? Also do they let you know before or do they just go off your tm account?

^^^ I've been told that their policy is that they'll notify you but I don't know if they really do. You have more tix as well?

btw sweet bunnies!

i read somewhere on the tm site ,that they can cancel them right up untill the date of the venue.leaving them void,don,t know where it was i seen it though,but i was on the phone top tm last week,and mentioned the ticket limits and stuff,and the man said all cancellations would have been done by now.

^^^ hmm that sounds hopeful. I really hope I don't get screwed over because I ordered 8 tix in pre sale and 4 tix yesterday with the same card :ph34r:

nd 8 tix yesterday with the same car
4 of them will go or if u believe the press release all of them will

*edit* u said u bough t 8 yesterday? the press release said if u had already bought ticks u couldnt buy any yesterday but who knows

Last edited:
^^^ I've been told that their policy is that they'll notify you but I don't know if they really do. You have more tix as well?

btw sweet bunnies!

Yeah on the phone they told me they would contact you before. What's happened to me is that I bought a couple of tickets yesterday on my boyfriends card so either I could go to another show with him or he would go with his cousin but then someone else at his billing address ordered 3 tickets too which I didn't know about when I booked them. All tm could say was that the last transaction would be cancelled but they couldn't say when or how. So now we just have to wait. Annoying thing is we aren't really bothered about them being cancelled as such just wanna know for definite and they couldn't even tell us that. Wish I never even bothered.

^ That's the most annoying part of it all. That nothing is clear and we all have to wait and see. No one is giving a proper answer.

4 of them will go or if u believe the press release all of them will
*edit* u said u bough t 8 yesterday? the press release said if u had already bought ticks u couldnt buy any yesterday but who knows

Sorry I meant 4 tix because i wasn't alowed to buy more. So that makes 12 in total. The press release said that but obvisiously not true. Altough it was a new credit card but the same address. The new cc number may have made it possible.

All tickets bought in presale are safe because rules weren't clear at the time.
thanks for clearing that up. :)

Back