Help honor MJ with a Star in Las Vegas!

Update: As many of you may have noticed, the deadline was today, May 9. Unfortunately, although we got EXTREMELY close to seeing it through we missed it. We are now in the process of assuring that the money we have raised from the fans WILL BE included in the total funds. Since most of you will probably find out within the next few days or weeks, the person who will be taking over the project is E'Casanova. We had refrained mentioning his name because we know many fans know of him and we didn't want to start rumors or arguments around the net. However, we have been promised that the KOPFanatics will be on stage to represent all the fans who donated, and that of course the fans will be invited to the ceremony. TO this date we do not know whether or not Michael indeed knows of the project, or is aware of everything that's been going on. We contacted and even spoke with people in Raymone's office, as well as receiving a few emails from Raymone herself, but unfortunately never heard anything concrete as to any kind of confirmation or approval for the project. Once we hear if and when the ceremony will take place we will of course announce it here so that those interested in attending will have adequate time to prepare for the trip. The committee has decided to move ahead with or WITHOUT Michael's participation. This we are not happy about because that is the whole point of the star:to PRESENT it to Michael. We cannot say for sure whether we will indeed be present at the ceremony because the Committee has backtracked just about EVERYTHING they promised us from the beginning so at this point our main concern is that the money that the fans donated BE INCLUDED in the funding for the star, instead of all the money coming from E'Casanova. Either way, they were right, Michael will be getting a star, unfortunately whether he knows about it or not. They are evening mentioning that they will have it placed...again where or how they know where Michael wants it beats the hell out of us but that is out of our control.

On behalf of Donna and myself we would like to thank MJJCommunity Forum and ALL the generous and loving fans that supported us, and assisted us in getting the word out. We will not give up the fight to have our names included and more importantly our MONEY included in the funding so that IF Michael does participate or at least gives approval he knows that it wasn't just from E'Casanova. You have our word and promise on that. Again, thanks to all of you for dedicating time and your effort, all of it has been very much appreciated. And to the final donor, you know who you are, we came SOOO close but we believe strongly that everything happens for a reason. Perhaps there is something bigger in store for all of us. Keep the faith!!!

Love,
Rebecca & Donna~
King of Pop Fanatics

Last edited:
Update: As many of you may have noticed, the deadline was today, May 9. Unfortunately, although we got EXTREMELY close to seeing it through we missed it. We are now in the process of assuring that the money we have raised from the fans WILL BE included in the total funds. Since most of you will probably find out within the next few days or weeks, the person who will be taking over the project is E'Casanova. We had refrained mentioning his name because we know many fans know of him and we didn't want to start rumors or arguments around the net. However, we have been promised that the KOPFanatics will be on stage to represent all the fans who donated, and that of course the fans will be invited to the ceremony. TO this date we do not know whether or not Michael indeed knows of the project, or is aware of everything that's been going on. We contacted and even spoke with people in Raymone's office, as well as receiving a few emails from Raymone herself, but unfortunately never heard anything concrete as to any kind of confirmation or approval for the project. Once we hear if and when the ceremony will take place we will of course announce it here so that those interested in attending will have adequate time to prepare for the trip. The committee has decided to move ahead with or WITHOUT Michael's participation. This we are not happy about because that is the whole point of the star:to PRESENT it to Michael. We cannot say for sure whether we will indeed be present at the ceremony because the Committee has backtracked just about EVERYTHING they promised us from the beginning so at this point our main concern is that the money that the fans donated BE INCLUDED in the funding for the star, instead of all the money coming from E'Casanova. Either way, they were right, Michael will be getting a star, unfortunately whether he knows about it or not. They are evening mentioning that they will have it placed...again where or how they know where Michael wants it beats the hell out of us but that is out of our control.

On behalf of Donna and myself we would like to thank MJJCommunity Forum and ALL the generous and loving fans that supported us, and assisted us in getting the word out. We will not give up the fight to have our names included and more importantly our MONEY included in the funding so that IF Michael does participate or at least gives approval he knows that it wasn't just from E'Casanova. You have our word and promise on that. Again, thanks to all of you for dedicating time and your effort, all of it has been very much appreciated. And to the final donor, you know who you are, we came SOOO close but we believe strongly that everything happens for a reason. Perhaps there is something bigger in store for all of us. Keep the faith!!!

Love,
Rebecca & Donna~
King of Pop Fanatics
:better::better:
^Becca^Donna ... the other one is me :)

My most sincere apologies to you two and the rest of the people who wanted this for the right reasons.

In the end, I suppose the important part is that the star is being dedicated to Michael.

We can choose to be happy for Michael ... or we can let our distaste for the way this all happened rule our thinking.

Last edited:
I almost think it worked out better this way, because nobody gets left out, everyone gets to contribute, and all-in-all the vibe is only positive. Only a week or two ago the prospects seemed dismal, but you kept 'your eyes on the prize' and made a win-win situation out of it.

It was a nail-biting finish!

I think if we all continue to work together and support each other, only good things can come of it. Perhaps that all-important 'confirmation' from Michael's people is just around the corner, then everyone can come to Vegas to share the love...

Wow, it's great that it's happening then, hopefully everything will turn out great. Hopefully this ceremony will happen and even Mike show up! Wow that'd be amazing. Even if Michael didn't show up (which would suck), I'd be so happy to go and be with other MJ fans.

Thanks KOP!

Hello,

Again many thanks 4 the effort(s)!:punk:

On behalf of all those who donated.. have ther been any recent updates..
(particularly repsonses from MJ's staff)?

Rebecca & Donna~

Im happy Michael will get his STAR
I wish it could have been a fan funding
instead of a corp or indivudual ..

But ... can you guys please update us on what is going on
I have not heard anything about His Star or anyone else
taking it over .. What is the UPDATE

Plus - You didnt clarify _ are you still excepting donations??
and Is it positive then fans who donated will be acknowledged -
becuase your site is stiil up and your info has not changed on it
You still state that you are still the sponsers ????
IM confused ????

This is still stated on thehttp://astarformichaeljackson.comwebsite
The King of Pop Fanatics, along with Michael Jackson fans and fan clubs world-wide, feel it's time for Michael to be honored with a Star on the Las Vegas Strip! The King of Pop Fanatics fan club are officially sponsoring the Star for Michael. We are working with the Las Vegas Walk of Stars committee to make this happen, however, we need your help! Please help us by making a donation to the Michael Jackson Las Vegas Star Fund and joining our campaign! All Michael Jackson fans and fan clubs are encouraged and welcome to join!

Please Update us
Especially us who have donated to this project
That is IMPORTANT .. to do THANKS

Thanks

Last edited:
from a friend of mine who knows ecass

Re: (no subject) Date: 6/10/2008 1:11:32 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time From: Snoops
To:

I just talked to Cas who said that this has been in the works for several months...but MJ is not interested and doesn't plan on showing up for any thing like this...he's just working on his album. Cas even had backers who were going to pay for the $15,000 Vegas star...

so no idea what this was, or why it says he's in charge, because if Michael isn't interested....than what's the point?

These stars are just like the walk of fame in Hollywood...the star gets one, and then shows up for the fans, and the media - accepts the star, etc..

feel free to share with Tori - Cas said I could post it, but I'm not part of this group

edited emails to prevent flaming

Last edited:
Thanks, Tori for the updates!

Plzz-z also say hi & thank U to E'Cas for the info.

He is a very talented tribute artist (only does performances which pay tribute to MJ).

Is that true, that Michael was not interested? Why would he not be? It is something to honor him.
Is it still going on?

Thanks, Tori for the updates!

Plzz-z also say hi & thank U to E'Cas for the info.

He is a very talented tribute artist (only does performances which pay tribute to MJ).
your wellcome chichi im still around hugs

Is that true, that Michael was not interested? Why would he not be? It is something to honor him.
Is it still going on?
my friend who is friends with ecasses friend someone i have known for about 15 years asked for me that email i posted is all i know

Hello,

I am the "Snoops" that gave Tori some of the information on her post from Cas. I need to clarify that information.

Cas did NOT say that Michael was not interested in the Las Vegas Star....He said that Michael was very busy with his album and thus putting all his concentration into that project.

Also, I wanted to say that while Cas has backers to help pay for the rest of the star's fee, a star paid for by his fans is way more special to Michael then one paid by an unknown source. We all know he loves his fans and appreciates all you do for him....all the love that you share

So hopefully Michael will be available after the album comes out. I know that I'd like to see a star for him on the Las Vegas Strip!

Loralee
MsSnoop
Las Vegas, NV

Last edited:
we wanted, or maybe I should speak for only myself . . . I wanted to see a star from the FANS also. Unfortunately, other people had a different idea. That is all I am going to say on that.

Beck and Donna had fine intentions, but their plan was derailed. This has to be a sour subject for them at the moment.

MJJCommunity thanks all of you that were willing to take part and help Donna and Becca, in the effort to get Michael a Star, on the Vegas Walk of Stars. Your contributions are the one part that Michael can fully appreciate and cherish. So, thank you again for that support.

Thanks for the update. What a shame it couldn't be done now, but hopefully sometime soon. :D

I never got a chance to donate before the supposed deadline :sad: Oh well, maybe something will come of it eventually. The page for it is still up. If it's going to happen it should be a collective effort...that only makes sense.

I started at the beginning and worked my way thru all the posts on this thread....and now I understand. Those who have contacts 'in', should all work together to a common purpose - getting Michael a star on the Las Vegas Strip. That is the ultimate goal isn't it??

While it is true that most of the locals don't even know the stars exist, visitors would love to see them, especially the fans - just think about when you first visited LA, and made a beeline to the Hollywood Walk of Fame's MJ star. :)

It sounds like it isn't a money issue anymore, but instead it is a need to invite and confirm Michael's participation, who is busy right now working on an album, and wants to concentrate all his time and creativity toward that goal. No personal appearances at this time....

Perhaps the two groups can get together and make this dream a reality. Whenever Michael does receive his star, it will be special and it will be an event to remember.

Thank you for clearing that up. That sounds much better because at first, it sounded like Michael just wasn't interested in the whole thing, which really doesn't sound like him. I would expect that he would really appreciate it. I agree that I think it would be much better and more special if all of us fans contributed instead of just one anonymous person. I want to be in on it.
I understand that he's busy right now and probably wants to time his appearances, but it will be great to do later on.

Back