He's had the best of times.

Datsymay

Proud Member
Sometimes we focus so much on the negativities in MJ's life that we forget what a remarkable life Mj has led. Reading the article posted earlier by Wannabestartingsomething, by the German bodyguard, brought me to thinking about the places MJ has been and the people he has met. I doubt any other popstar has ever reached such heights'.

· In Oslo Michael pissed Helmut Kohl and his wife Hannelore off . He had to leave the apartment by 11am so the he can get in. But Michael did not want to interrupt his sleep before 2pm. Helmut and his wife had to wait in the hall.

The thought that Helmut Kohl was kept waiting for 3 hours becasue MJ did not want to be disturbed before he was ready, yet this president of Germany still waited even though he was not pleased, put a rye smile on my face. At the height of MJ's fame, these heads of states were falling over themselves to meet MJ, including US presidents. It was film producer, I think, Steven Speilburg who said that MJ took calls from High profile dignitaries, many came on the set to watch him perform.
When I think of where he has been, I am drawn to the poem MJ wrote to his mother. In it he wrote:

And now that I have come so far
Met with every king and czar
Encountered every colour and creed
Of every passion, every greed

Yes, I'd say, Michael Jackson has had a Remarkable life, He has had the best of times.:D:D

Last edited:

yes, Datsy:D

and nothing comes from nothing...
I personally believe in destiny... I really do....

these are Michael's own words (Ebony, 2007)
[FONT=&quot]Q. How does it feel to know you have changed history? Do you think about that a lot?
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]A.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Yeah, I do, I really do. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]I'm very proud we opened doors, that it helped tear down a lot. Going around the world, doing tours, in stadiums, you see the influence of the music. When you just look out over the stage, as far as the naked eye could see, you see people. and it's a wonderful feeling, but it came with a lot of pain, a lot of pain.

Q. How so?
A.
When you're on top of your game, when you're a pioneer, people come to you. It's there, who's at the top, you want to get at them.

But I feel grateful, all those record-breaking things, to the biggest albums to those No. 1s, I still feel grateful. I'm a guy who used to sit in my living room and listen to my father play Ray Charles. My mother used to wake me up at 3 in the morning, 'Michael, he'd on TV, he's on TV!' I'd run to the TV and James Brown would be on TV. I said, 'That's what I want to do'.

as my comment to your nice arguments
regards, cinderella

[/FONT]

Last edited:

yes, Datsy:D

and nothing comes from nothing...
I personally believe in destiny... I really do....

these are Michael's own words (Ebony, 2007)
[FONT=&quot]Q. How does it feel to know you have changed history? Do you think about that a lot?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Yeah, I do, I really do. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]I'm very proud we opened doors, that it helped tear down a lot. Going around the world, doing tours, in stadiums, you see the influence of the music. When you just look out over the stage, as far as the naked eye could see, you see people. and it's a wonderful feeling, but it came with a lot of pain, a lot of pain.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Q. How so?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] When you're on top of your game, when you're a pioneer, people come to you. It's there, who's at the top, you want to get at them. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]But I feel grateful, all those record-breaking things, to the biggest albums to those No. 1s, I still feel grateful. I'm a guy who used to sit in my living room and listen to my father play Ray Charles. My mother used to wake me up at 3 in the morning, 'Michael, he'd on TV, he's on TV!' I'd run to the TV and James Brown would be on TV. I said, 'That's what I want to do'.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]as my comment to your nice arguments[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]regards, cinderella[/FONT]
Thank you Cinderella. LOOK howfar He has come. I think that was what Chris Tucker meant when he said,'Mj can't believe he is Michael Jackson'. A few regrets, maybe, but on the whole very happy with himself, I'd say.:D

yeah, Michael's life story is very touching and makes you cry

He has definitely had a blessed life for the most part--it must be so exciting!

Michael is able to separate himself from his brand. So I figure there are some mornings when he gets up and he is just Mike, or Daddy or Egghead. And then I like to imagine that there are times when he lays in bed thinking "OMG, I'm, like, MICHAEL JACKSON! Way cool!"

LOL.

In many ways he has had a very blessed and wonderful life.

Michael is able to separate himself from his brand. So I figure there are some mornings when he gets up and he is just Mike, or Daddy or Egghead. And then I like to imagine that there are times when he lays in bed thinking "OMG, I'm, like, MICHAEL JACKSON! Way cool!"

LOL.

In many ways he has had a very blessed and wonderful life.
Yes, indeed.:D:D

just got the feeling like he was gone by reading som of the posts...no worry;)

Sure it is!...just a comment. dont put to much in to it. I like the thread:)

I totally agree with all of you...
Michael has had an incredible, unique life so far. Incredible 50 years, with ups and downs... And what's more important - HE HAS NEVER GIVEN UP! He is such a fighter. I admire him for that more than for his singing/dancing abilities... He is an incredible human being...

And hopefully will have at least 50 more years ahead... hopefully with only UPS!!!

:)

well said, dangerous:D
hopefully you're right about only 'ups" for next 50:D

I just love this thread and remembering all the good things in michael.s life . So many memories just makes me cry. He really is royality isn,t he. We need more nice threads like this thanks for starting this one.

Michael is amazing in that, despite all of the hardships and suffering in his life, he has never lost the ability to be an optomist and an idealist. He's never given up on trying to help others or looking to the bright side of things. I remember, during the trial, Brian Oxman said that, in between breaks in the proceedings, when I think Michael was having all of that trouble with his back, Brian came up to him and was trying to console him and Michael looked at him and quoted the song "Smile". And that isn't something Michael just preeches, it's something he lives. What makes him such an extraordinary person is his ability and willingness to look for the good in things and to look for the beauty in life. To paraphrase Frank Dileo, "he can look in to the worst suffering and find even just the smallest part that's beautiful." That's Michael, an eternal optomist, despite having been through, indeed, the worst of times as well.

Last edited:
Michael is still alive and has a lot of other things to do:)why look so much in the past?

Michael is still alive and has a lot of other things to do:)why look so much in the past?
It is called counting your blessings. Sometimes it is good to pause for a while and take stock. Look at what you have achieved and where you came from and reassess your journey. Then move on. We tend to dwell on the negatives of MJ's life and forget that he has also had a tremendous and rewarding life too. It wasn't all pain and sufferings. That is what MJ meant when he said, He has had the worst of times and the best of times. To dismiss the best as if it didnb't exist would be to show ungratefulness. MJ is not ungrateful.:)

Michael is amazing in that, despite all of the hardships and suffering in his life, he has never lost the ability to be an optomist and an idealist. He's never given up on trying to help others or looking to the bright side of things. I remember, during the trial, Brian Oxman said that, in between breaks in the proceedings, when I think Michael was having all of that trouble with his back, Brian came up to him and was trying to console him and Michael looked at him and quoted the song "Smile". And that isn't something Michael just preeches, it's something he lives. What makes him such an extraordinary person is his ability and willingness to look for the good in things and to look for the beauty in life. To paraphrase Frank Dileo, "he can look in to the worst suffering and find even just the smallest part that's beautiful." That's Michael, an eternal optomist, despite having been through, indeed, the worst of times as well.
This thread is meant to focus on the good life which MJ called THE BEST. It helps to bring balance to his life. His life was npt all pain and sufferings.:)

I don't think Michael is over yet, not by a long shot. Yes he has had an incredibly gifted life. The talents he possesses from birth were real true blessings...his ability to lead his brothers in the j5 days....and the subsequent years in the 80's when he was tops in the charts..yeah, I would say he's led a blessed life...but it aint over yet...not by a LOOONGG shot...

I don't think Michael is over yet, not by a long shot. Yes he has had an incredibly gifted life. The talents he possesses from birth were real true blessings...his ability to lead his brothers in the j5 days....and the subsequent years in the 80's when he was tops in the charts..yeah, I would say he's led a blessed life...but it aint over yet...not by a LOOONGG shot...
Very true. There is more to come from Mr Jackson.:D

Back