Hollywood boulevard event Grauman's Chinese Theatre with jackson's children, cirque du soleil & more

Re: Hollywood boulevard event Grauman's Chinese Theatre with jackson's children, cirque du soleil &

I'm very excited to watch this :D

Re: Hollywood boulevard event Grauman's Chinese Theatre with jackson's children, cirque du soleil &

Going to be 12 midnight for me. Will watch if I can stay awake and we don't have another power cut like last night. Michael's children will do him proud.

2pm EST time does that mean 7 pm in London??

Catch the pictures of the kids when i get in from work.dont like watching footage as it makes everything raw and so real

Sounds like it's gonna be an A list, classy event. I wish they'd invited Barry Gordy over Quincy or Smokey. The latter is tolerable, but Quincy is a bloody hypocrite.

You beat me too it, I was thinking the same thing lol. Too bad for them thay MJ never publicly said a bad word about either of them so at the end of the day they'll both look like 2 ill informed hypocritical old men standing there with their tails between their legs posing for pictures.

Don't worry guys, everybody in their world is hypocritical, including those who we think we appreciate ;)

2pm EST time does that mean 7 pm in London??

That is correct.

can't wait.......oh how i wish he would be here for this

Wouldnt be happening if he was here. princes tweet is spot on

Michael Jackson's Kids to Immortalize Dad's Footprints

By Alan Duke, CNN
updated 10:37 AM EST, Thu January 26, 2012

STORY HIGHLIGHTS
  • Katherine Jackson and sons Tito, Marlon and Jackie Jackson will also be on hand
  • The ceremony promotes Cirque du Soleil's "Michael Jackson The Immortal World Tour"
  • The show makes its Los Angeles debut Friday
Los Angeles (CNN) -- Justin Bieber and other celebrities gather Thursday in Hollywood as Michael Jackson's three children use their father's shoes and a sequined glove to make handprint and footprint impressions in the concrete in front of Grauman's Chinese Theatre. It's part of the promotion for Cirque du Soleil's "Michael Jackson The Immortal World Tour," which makes its Los Angeles debut Friday night.

Katherine Jackson, the matriarch of the famed musical family, will also be joined by sons Tito, Marlon and Jackie Jackson. The celebrity guest list includes Smokey Robinson, Chris Tucker, members of the cast of "Glee," and Quincy Jones, according to organizers.

Teen boy band Mindless Behavior, known to be a favorite of 13-year-old Paris Jackson, also is expected to be on hand.

Prince, Paris and Blanket Jackson have been more public in recent months in contrast to their lives before their father's 2009 death when they were shielded from public view. The children attended the Canadian premiere of the traveling Cirque du Soleil show with their grandmother in October.

The "Immortal" show is touring the United States and Canada through this year before taking up residency in Las Vegas.

Show biz legends who left their handprints and footprints in Grauman's concrete courtyard on Hollywood Boulevard include Fred Astaire, Elizabeth Taylor, Judy Garland, Marilyn Monroe, Sidney Poitier, Clark Gable and Mary Pickford. The tradition started in 1928, a year after the historic theater opened.

Michael Jackson's Hollywood Walk of Fame star is on the sidewalk in front of the theater.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/26/showbiz/jackson-graumans-footprints/index.html
if(typeof CNN.expElements==='object'){CNN.expElements.init();}

Last edited:
Performances by Cirque, Glee & DADA. Friends Justin Bieber, Quincy Jones, Smokey Robinson & Chris Tucker will be thereustre.am/BHCy
21 minutes ago

Last edited:

For Justin Bieber it will be the biggest PR and his first worldwide media coverage ever... thanks to Michael.

Oh... imagine the pics of Justin and Paris, Prince, Prince II.... and the rest of the family..., it would/will be interesting reading of comments of Justins fans on JB fan forums about this event...

^ Bieber doesn't need the pr, he's got 16m twitter followers and nearly 40m on facebook - he's not exactly desperate. He's a fan. I think it's great how hopefully his involvement will perhaps introduce mj to a young fanbase.

For Justin Bieber it will be the biggest PR and his first worldwide media coverage ever... thanks to Michael.

Um.. no it won't. It won't even come close.

Its Michael's day and the presence of a few faux friends and greedy backstabbers can't steal any shine from the man of the hour today :) once the ceremony is done and long forgotten people will still be visiting Grauman's courtyard to see how their footprints compare to those famous penny loafers for generations to come...as it should be

#MJFOREVER

... having twitter/facebook ... doesnt mean to have the general media coverage, because such accounts are like a circle of fans, or people who like someone else.... for themselves... one another..., and I dont say he needs it, he was invited..., but as for the media coverage across the world, he as an artist will never have such a media coverage himself..., in fact, there has not ever been a single artist or person on this planet such such a media coverage like Michael (has) had...

The cast of THE IMMORTAL World Tour will perform a special live presentation, and the entire event will be streamed live via Twitter @michaeljacksonwith additional photos and live coverage of the event tweeted from Twitter’s music channel @twittermusic.

javascript:;javascript:;

This whole thing just brings a smile to my face. Just so classy.

For Justin Bieber it will be the biggest PR and his first worldwide media coverage ever...

This event isnt about Beiber in ANY way. He is only one guest among many.
Why are You and some others trying to make this about about Bieber instead of focusing on Michael.
This is an honrable thing for Michael - A positive thing. regardless of anyones personal feelings
abiout some of the guests who are attending. Its all about Michael :wub: lets stay focused on Michael

Im just so exited and thrilled that he will be honored and live streamed so the whole world can wacth :)

This event isnt about Beiber in ANY way. He is only one guest among many.
Why are You and some others trying to make this about about Bieber instead of focusing on Michael.
This is an honrable thing for Michael - A positive thing. regardless of anyones personal feelings
abiout some of the guests who are attending. Its all about Michael :wub: lets stay focused on Michael

Im just so exited and thrilled that he will be honored and live streamed so the whole world can wacth :)

No, I am just waiting for the event, but you can bet what headlines will be about it.
Ok, no more Justin... for now.... :hearspeaksee

Seriously. who cares about Bieber :smilerolleyes:

Last edited:

I wonder what number cirque will perform today. Im thinking they'll go with Thriller since its his most iconic short film...billie jean might work too but those light up suits prob wont look as cool in the daytime

Edit: just saw some flags in the picture, looks like its gonna be the immortal mega mix

Last edited:

I am pretty excited to see Michael honored in such a wonderful way that will be there forever. I am also happy that the children will take part in this,,what a wonderful way for them to help bring honor to their father,

Back