Hollywood Tonight - Official Discussion Thread

Re: Hollywood Tonight

What the f****** ?more new reason to not have this album :(

why? you at least get to hear the song, even if its not on the album. It's different wanting a song on an album when no one has ever heard it.

lol i agree...there are more reasons to not buy it than reasons to buy it...

so then having DYKWYCA in the album won't make any difference. Still will be a bad reason to not buy the album

IMO it's a GREAT song! This song (which was probably written before he ever got accused of anything) just shows what was in his mind and heart about the sexual abuse of children! This song shows a man who was not capable of doing anything what he was accused of! I hope it gets released.

I agree, I hope someday DYWYCA gets released too. :punk:
The only part of the song that the media can twist it's the title, but the song just shows who MJ is and this of course, it's positive.

Last edited:

To have it in digital audio ,it's not like take it from internet.

1. I respect Sony if they didn't want to put this in the album because of the lyrics

2. The song leaked anyway, so I'm happy.

Last edited:

really? I knew the voice didn't seem like from the early 80's. Can you confirm this?

The version that's being released was recorded in 1984/1985 when MJ registered the song. No way his voice sounds like during the HIStroy era, it's definitely something from BEFORE Bad.

Last edited:

Blahblahblah, criticizing an album that you haven't heard entierly is weak. Don't forget that this is what we've got left from Michael, because he is no longer with us to work on better music, so you buy it ir don't buy it, but stop being negative.

It's a matter of taste. But also Michael was not there to finish it properly. Think of "Starlight" versus "Thriller", etc.

Yes, it is a matter of taste. For example "Someone put your hand out" is way weaker than "Hold my hand"

Sorry, but "a place with no name" is nothing better. DYKWYCA is an excellent song, and let's hope we'll get it on the next album.

Fine, don't buy it.

exactly!!!

the album will be the worst of MJ's Career to be polite.

with tracks like "DYKWYCA " it would have been a lot better.

Breaking news and HMH are already the weakest uptempo et the weakest ballad of MJ ever !

if you know a worst uptempo than BN, please tell me !

if you know a worst ballad than HMH, please tell me !

so tracks like DYKWYCA and "a place with no name" would be welcome...really !

it does matter !

I won't buy this album until it becomes good !

and it's far from it at this point !

l agree in 100%

Only thing that l don't it's HMH is great though!

Totally Agree with BUMMER SNIPPET.

We should buy the CD first, then criticize what's missing...

Am I in the "Hollywood Tonight" thread or did I mix it up with "I believe 'Breaking News' lead vocals are not 100% MJ and I want to talk about it here"????

once the cd comes out with a higher quality sound, people are going to be surprised :)

I cant wait to hear Hollywood tonight!!!

How can you even bring the 'its fake' discussion to a song no one has even heard? There are other threads for that, stop bringing it into every single thread.

How can you even bring the 'its fake' discussion to a song no one has even heard? There are other threads for that, [highlight]stop bringing it into every single thread.[/highlight]

Thank You.

Complain to Sony or Estate, what's the use of complaining here?

Fill in a complaining form, and at least do something about it, rather than drag everyone down with negativity.

p.s. Well that was my reaction to some people who were whining again.

Fill in a complaining form, and at least do something about it, rather than drag everyone down with negativity.

Thank you Bumper. Great post! :yes:

I would love to talk to John Branca or McClain and sort it all out, but it's not possible. GIVE ME THEIR PHONE NUMBER, I'll happily complain. It's not possible to contact them directly to the best of my knowledge.

You guys are so negative. It's deterred me from even coming on here at all! Some of you talk as if your entitled to have the entire album tracklist made around your own interests. Please, if you don't support the album then just log off this forum and stop creating negativity and fights. To show your non-support, don't buy it. Simple as that :)

You guys are so negative. It's deterred me from even coming on here at all! Some of you talk as if your entitled to have the entire album tracklist made around your own interests. Please, if you don't support the album then just log off this forum and stop creating negativity and fights. To show your non-support, don't buy it. Simple as that :)

Great Post Smooth!

And also from BumperSnippet!

Negativity is killing this forum!

Why should i come here, if it get's me down.

It should be the other way 'round!

Thank you!

^ I think the complaining has more to do with than just the tracklist. There are many members of the community who have some serious concerns regarding the validity and integrity of some of these songs. These are pretty serious concerns and they have merit. I know this isn't the thread for the discussion, but it certainly is the forum. If not the biggest MJ board, than where?

^ I think the complaining has more to do with than just the tracklist. There are many members of the community who have some serious concerns regarding the validity and integrity of some of these songs. These are pretty serious concerns and they have merit. I know this isn't the thread for the discussion, but it certainly is the forum. If not the biggest MJ board, than where?

Yes, yes and YES! How could i disagree with this. It has come so far, that i won't be even buying the album. I don't feel like they deserve my money. My only problem definitely ain't only the tracklist, so much more. Yeah, i agree fully with you.

^
Staffordshire Bullterrier, i always liked Your siggi.
But do You think it's still fitting for You?

Especially in the light that there are NO FAKE Tracks on this 'MICHAEL' Album!
You can complain about Michaels Voice being not 100%, the material being not good enough to fit in, with MJ's standards, or something like that (that would be your opinon)
But there is no such thing as fake Songs on this release! It simply isn't happening!

How many times, and on how many threads, do you have to say "I'm not buying the album because I don't agree with it", before people are allowed to say "I hear you already!"??

Repeating the same things over and over again is not adding anything to the conversation is it? It seems like the people boycotting the single/the dvd/the album have to say it every few pages or others will forget - NO WE WON'T.

That is the thing with a 'negative' though isn't it? It's not 'productive' or particularly 'interesting'. Once someone has said "NO" or "I'm not willing to change my mind", where is there to go?

With a 'positive' there is much more to explore. There is much more to debate, discuss, and consider. It's a fact of life that 'positives' are always enjoyed more than 'negatives'.

The positive people have moved on from hearing those that are just a plain "NO!", and we want to discuss the details of "Yes". What can the "NO!" people bring of any interest? They are not buying the album, so they can not discuss which songs they like the best. They are not buying the album, so they can not interact with others about how excited they are to hear MJ's vocals on "XXXX".

I, for one, am fed up of people trying to spoil every single conversation with the same negative comments. I thought we have threads specifically just for those not buying the album. I don't invade those threads because they don't interest me, and because I respect they are for like minded people who want to talk to eachother about how they are not getting the album - though, for the life of me, I can not see the convesations being long or interesting.

How about some respect for the threads where people are happy to buy the album and want to discuss the 'positives' they see?

I think us fans have a right to be negative. We are getting an album with songs that aren't even MJ! Its ridiculous.

I think us fans have a right to be negative. We are getting an album with songs that aren't even MJ! Its ridiculous.

That's your opinion though, Michael is on all 10 songs in my opinion. So if you don't believe it's MJ's vocals then don't buy it. Simple as that.

Back