Hollywood Tonight - remixes

O wow the Throwback mix of HT really rocks. I'm really addicted to it, it sounds more funky because of the BJ baseline. Besides, the instrumental is on youtube which is fantastic for funky sing-a-longs :) As far as possible, I think this version approximates to the song originally intended even more. The omittance of the made-up adlibs which are not Michael's (used in the Teddy Riley album version) is a good idea. That one sounds wayy too overproduced. Moreover Michael's 'Westbound-Greyhound' line is altered somewhat that means pace-changed (I guess this is from the original 'raw' version). Sounds very nice.

O wow the Throwback mix of HT really rocks. I'm really addicted to it, it sounds more funky because of the BJ baseline. Besides, the instrumental is on youtube which is fantastic for funky sing-a-longs :) As far as possible, I think this version approximates to the song originally intended even more. The omittance of the made-up adlibs which are not Michael's (used in the Teddy Riley album version) is a good idea. That one sounds wayy too overproduced. Moreover Michael's 'Westbound-Greyhound' line is altered somewhat that means pace-changed (I guess this is from the original 'raw' version). Sounds very nice.

i just listened to that one :) i agree the baseline makes it sound more funky

What a shit those remixes are... Michael would have never approved anything like that. It's like those shitty HIStory remixes Michael hated. Also remixes should have MJ feeling these don't have.

Michael couldn't have hated remixes... BOTDF: HIStory in the MIX... hello!!!! Remix album time! biggest selling remix album of all time as well, are you saying Sony released that album without Michael's approval? Like seriously, don't talk for Michael please.

He did, in fact, say he didn't like them.

Michael couldn't have hated remixes... BOTDF: HIStory in the MIX... hello!!!! Remix album time! biggest selling remix album of all time as well, are you saying Sony released that album without Michael's approval? Like seriously, don't talk for Michael please.

Michael, interviewed in 1998 about the remixes on Blood on the dance floor, confirmed he didn't really like remixes, as he didn't appreciate other producers altering his work - his record company, however, asserted 'kids love remixes'
For The Record, 2nd Edition, pg 41.

the best remixes from the history album, were not one the BOTDF. they reaaallly suck.
they do :yes:

Michael, interviewed in 1998 about the remixes on Blood on the dance floor, confirmed he didn't really like remixes, as he didn't appreciate other producers altering his work - his record company, however, asserted 'kids love remixes'
For The Record, 2nd Edition, pg 41.

It's actually page 48 and This is just a book written by 2 fans who don't present any links to their sources. So the source t's not accurate.

That's why I'd really like a link to such interview please, if that exist.
Thank you. :D

I didn't mean Michael hated remixes in overall and I was talking about HIStory the song and its single remixes. Somehow I think everything around compiling BOTDF wasn't up to Michael because almost everything else than Ghosts was kinda weird and Michael didn't seem that interested. He hardly even performed Blood On The Dance Floor. It looked like BOTDF was more like Sony's stupid decision to promote Michael's tour. I think it was stupid because you can't promote tours of Michael-like artist with already huge catalog with something like that. And with something that doesn't even look like the artist himself..

They should release the Chuckie Radio mix, as the title says:), to Radio stations in europe instead of the Album Version....sure it ll ne a Hit:)

I like DJ Chuckie version, is club banger-smasher hit.

(Still History [Remix] is my fav, its more powerful :dj: :dancing:)

Yeah DJ Chuckie's mix sounds cool, it would work on clubs. Is there a link to the other mixes?

At least Blood on the dance floor is 100% Michael Jackson

Anyway is there a link to pr-order this on Amazon?

Hollywood Tonight (Throwback Mix) is the video clip version.... I prefer Original & Radio Edit :)

He didn't 'hate' the remixes on BOTDF album, he wasn't interested , the decision was made my Sony and MJ gave the OK, he actually wanted to release BODF as an EP at first but Sony refused and wanted a whole album, so they came up with the Remixes idea and he agreed.

Back