“Hollywood Tonight” VIDEO premieres NOW

fxfan;3287401 said:
Alcohol and strippers in the video, That is not MJ!!!!

But it's Hollywood.

Well, all I can say right now it that Sophia is amazing. I'll watch again tomorrow and have more comments.

I liked the video! But again with every new product I feel sad that Michael is not with us anymore.

I think the video is very nice, the girl in the leading role did a great job. And I LOVED that they cut Tarryl out of the song! lol

HT was far from being complete. Michael would not have wanted it released, he clearly wasn't trying very hard.

They couldnt even follow a simple storyline,im over their ignorant asses

Dorian;3287407 said:
It's quite simple.I think The Estate thought that they should take in count the opinions of the fans who didn't like the album, so they didn't release the Cascio tracks as singles and went with HT and BTM(fan's favorites).

Also the fans complained that the song was over-edited with too much auto-tune and a `crap` instrumental.Also the spoken bridge.Sorry guys,Teddy did his best to it.

Now they got this.No auto-tune,rough vocals(closer to the demo as they wanted),a `cool` and `mj-ish` instrumental with no spoken verse.

Everyone should be happy!(in theory)

Yea I guess you're right, but I never complained about the one that was released. I like it. Nice simple video though.

jdigga1288;3287412 said:
Yea I guess you're right, but I never complained about the one that was released. I like it. Nice simple video though.

Same here.Both versions are good :)

jdigga1288;3287403 said:
I don't like this version that much. The one on the CD I always jam to anytime it comes on, this one lacks the same power and feel. Why would they take a song that felt modern and date it by adding the Billie Jean beat? I don't get it....

Yeah, the beginning of the album version gets you hooked and has a certain umph to it. I'd rather hear his full beatbox like the album version than bits and pieces of voices put together to sound like a beatbox.

OMG! I loved the video. I loved, loved and loved.

I'm crying with happiness. Much better than "hold my hand"

And no spoken verse!!!!

I think they listened the fans (no spoken verse, video with a story, etc). Obviously many fans will complain anyway. But they complain about everything.

I loved it.

OMG! I loved the video. I loved, loved and loved.

I'm crying with happiness. Much better than "hold my hand"

And no spoken verse!!!!

I think they listened the fans (no spoken verse, video with a story, etc). Obviously many fans will complain anyway. But they complain about everything.

I loved it.

The complaints are about how Sony used a mumbled demo when they have dozens of completed songs.

I had never complain about the new releases and the HMH video, but I'm really pissed right know, they destroyed and amazing song!!! and what's up with the alcohol and the strippers!!!! not MJ at all, sofia is amazing tough

can we please please please not start that discussion in this thread? let's keep it about this song and this video.

The complaints are about how Sony used a mumbled demo when they have dozens of completed songs.

Really? Send a letter to the Estate. It's better than complaining all the time here.

But I will not fight tonight. I'm happy with the video. I leave aside all the negativity.

I had never complain about the new releases and the HMH video, but I'm really pissed right know, they destroyed and amazing song!!! and what's up with the alcohol and the strippers!!!! not MJ at all, sofia is amazing tough

It's Hollywood!Town of the sins :D

I would not want to buy this album after seeing this video.

I can't say I'm a big fan of this mix or the video, to be quite honest. Only thing I enjoyed about the video was the billboards of Michael, unlike Hold My Hand, I really felt Michael's absence deep with this one.

On another note, it's cool to know where the lyrics "Westbound, Greyhound, to Tinsel Town" come from now, pretty neat that we hear a demo of the recording. Only regret is that they used it for a major music visual.

Oh good grief. :angry: As usual, it's blocked in Germany. Anyone got it anywhere besides youtube?

Update: Ok, saw it through a proxy, albeit in low quality. Would be nice to see it in full quality, lol. Eventually, I guess. Well... I don't think it was wise to use a remix when HT is one of the best tracks on the album as it is. Sorry, but I found the vid pretty boring, at least the first half (but I wish the world was really like that ... with MJ on signs and billboards everywhere I went :wub:). Seems like some crowd noise in the nighttime dancing scene would've made it more exciting. Hmm. Well, it is what is it. ~sigh~

Last edited:
i really liked it actually !!! lol

i like the whole story and dancing and stuff

thumbs up for me

lets face it its never gonna be Michael enough so take for what it is :)

The girl is amazing, the video lucks the presence of MJ a lot, he appears too little in, he deserves more,? and please people write the tittle of the song correctly, is HOLLYWOOD TONIGHT, not Hollywood Nights !Shame not to write the tittle correctly !

O_O No they didn't remix Billie Jean into the song! SMH I didn't know they were gonna do that! UGH! WHY? The song Hollywood Tonight on the album was just fine Much better then this new version! Why do thy keep stickin MJ right back to the 80's?!

The video was what I though it would be! But, I could have done without the stripper part! lol I would really have loved it without the BJ mix to it...damn! They keep messing the album up for me every time I try to give it a chance! Please god let Behind the mask be a better vid...their not gonna changed the sound to that one too right? =/ Hope not! *sigh*

The video was ok, not bad. Adding billie jean's beat to the song actually made it so much more awesome in my opinion. And taking out the spoken part was even better!! My only complain was that in the beginning they should not include that sound Michael makes when gasping for air in between beatboxing..doesn't sound very comfortable..

The BJ mix would have been fine, if it they would have kept the melodyne.

the girl in the video is amazing !! really sincere in her dancing

new version of track will probably grow on me but i think its weaker than album version.

well at least we have something to promote the album a little more and its not cascio track so all good.....

where are u mike ?

Back