How have your feelings changed about....?

gerryevans

Premium Member
Since the gifted one's passing, my feelings have really changed toward some people.

Usher--I liked him before, but I love him now. He lets no one talk bad about MJ. He always stopped reporters in their tracks when they tried to go to a negative place about him.

Debbie Rowe--I was generally indifferent, but she won major points when she told the press to f"off.

Quincy Jones--I used to be a huge fan, but after his racial dis of MJ regarding his kids, I
don't respect him much anymore.

Lisa Marie--I never thought she genuinely loved him, but her very real grief for MJ makes me realize her bashings in the past came from a place of rejection and anger because of that rejection. She DID love him, and like many who were fortunate enough to be loved by Michael, she never quite got over how he just moved on.

And that's one thing I've realized about MJ, once he emotionally moved on from someone, he completely detached himself. That's why he could fire managers, lawyers, publicist, etc. who had been with him for years without generally looking back. That also explains to me why some "turned on him". They were scorned, hurt and devastated and acted out destructively, wanting to mutually hurt him.

Some turned on him just for money, but I genuinely believe others were genuinely hurt by his complete disconnect, and it made them feel he never cared much about them in the first place. The line between love and hate can be easily crossed under those kind of circumstances.

Kenny Ortega--didn't know much about him in the past, but I LIKE him. I know some are suspicious of him, but MJ called him for this project, they'd been friends for over 20 years, and I'll never believe in the few months of preparation for TII, he turned into someone who did not genuinely care about Michael, especially not for money, when he is now a major motion picture successful director. He didn't need to do a concert tour at this point in his career.

But anyway...how have your feelings changed about certain people or certain things?

Usher -

He seems nice enough and I know he cares about Michael.

Debbie Rowe -

Hmm, well, .. Idk.. indifferent is probably the word. But I did like her standing up to the paps.

Quincy Jones - I liked him. Not any more.

Lisa Marie -

I like her. I understand her more now since she wrote that blog.. and since we heard from Raffles Van Exel that Michael and Lisa were still in contact with each other as recent as June last year Michael obviously liked her still too. Her daughter Riley is also friends with Michael's nephews and neices. I've seen pics of her with Austin and Jeremey... so the King of Pops family is still connected with the family of the King of Rock and Roll.

Kenny Ortega -

I don't know, I did like him at the beginning of TII - like when the concerts were first announced and rehearsals started, but sometimes he seems like he's not being genuine.

I don't know any of these people personally though so who am I to judge...?

Quincy also said that he didn't have vitiligo and he wanted to be white...yeah, well he looks like a fool now. What did he say about his children?

But I've gained respect for Akon because of this tribute song.

Akon stood up to reporters too when they tried to start asking stupid questions about MJ.. I think that was before June 25th too, I'm not sure.

Will I Am and Akon.. both seem genuine and have both stood up for and been friends to Michael before and since June 25th.

Quincy also said that he didn't have vitiligo and he wanted to be white...yeah, well he looks like a fool now. What did he say about his children?

In the same article where he said he didn't believe he had vitilgo, he said:

Q: But it must've been so disturbing to see Michael's face turn into what it turned into.
A: It's ridiculous, man! Chemical peels and all of it. And I don't understand it. But he obviously didn't want to be black.

Q: Is that what it was?
A: Well, what do you think? You see his kids?

Akon stood up to reporters too when they tried to start asking stupid questions about MJ.. I think that was before June 25th too, I'm not sure.

Will I Am and Akon.. both seem genuine and have both stood up for and been friends to Michael before and since June 25th.

Yeah, Akon and Will. I've become their fans too, was mostly indifferent in the past.

I know its not our place to judge but I lost ever ounce of respect I had for Quincey after he made those comments. He was officially proved wrong, lets get an apology to Michael's family now Quincey.

For all those who didn't like Akon (this was before his death - even before TII announcement):

Usher-I've always adored him, but now even more.
Debbie Rowe-I respect how she's kept out of the limelight and of course how she told the paps to F*&^ off!! Brilliant!
Quincy-Just a dottery, ignorant old man who really has not got a clue.
Lisa Marie-I like her, I always did. She acted out of anger after the break up, and knowing what we do about Michael and him being able to just cut people off, I can't blame her. She was hurting.
Akon-Didn't like him much before, well...his music, but since my respect for him has gone up so much, I'm still not a fan of his music. but as a person I have the most respect for him.
Will I Am...oh Will I Am, I love him so,so,so much!!
Kenny Ortega-I'm undecided.

I unfortunately believed Michael was guilty of the allegations I think it was just me being a teenager at the time and we tend to be gullible or at least I was. I always loved his music though but after his death I started reading more and more and I don't believe any of the BS anymore and it makes me mad that other people still do.

I just wish the kids involved would come out and tell the truth then maybe the world will just shut up. I know one of them was rumored to have done that already but I don't think he actually did it just looked like a tabloid report.

Since the gifted one's passing, my feelings have really changed toward some people.

Usher--I liked him before, but I love him now. He lets no one talk bad about MJ. He always stopped reporters in their tracks when they tried to go to a negative place about him.

Debbie Rowe--I was generally indifferent, but she won major points when she told the press to f"off.

Quincy Jones--I used to be a huge fan, but after his racial dis of MJ regarding his kids, I
don't respect him much anymore.

Lisa Marie--I never thought she genuinely loved him, but her very real grief for MJ makes me realize her bashings in the past came from a place of rejection and anger because of that rejection. She DID love him, and like many who were fortunate enough to be loved by Michael, she never quite got over how he just moved on.

And that's one thing I've realized about MJ, once he emotionally moved on from someone, he completely detached himself. That's why he could fire managers, lawyers, publicist, etc. who had been with him for years without generally looking back. That also explains to me why some "turned on him". They were scorned, hurt and devastated and acted out destructively, wanting to mutually hurt him.

Some turned on him just for money, but I genuinely believe others were genuinely hurt by his complete disconnect, and it made them feel he never cared much about them in the first place. The line between love and hate can be easily crossed under those kind of circumstances.

Kenny Ortega--didn't know much about him in the past, but I LIKE him. I know some are suspicious of him, but MJ called him for this project, they'd been friends for over 20 years, and I'll never believe in the few months of preparation for TII, he turned into someone who did not genuinely care about Michael, especially not for money, when he is now a major motion picture successful director. He didn't need to do a concert tour at this point in his career.

But anyway...how have your feelings changed about certain people or certain things?

Great post! I completely agree!

lisa marie: bashed mj all these years right up to his death. seconds after he died, she instantly wrote a blog and everyone suddenly forgot how low she went to bash MJ in every damn interview and acted like her marriage to him was the most shameful thing that ever happened to her.
Martin Bashir: he was very supportive of MJ after he died.

I unfortunately believed Michael was guilty of the allegations I think it was just me being a teenager at the time and we tend to be gullible or at least I was. I always loved his music though but after his death I started reading more and more and I don't believe any of the BS anymore and it makes me mad that other people still do.

I just wish the kids involved would come out and tell the truth then maybe the world will just shut up. I know one of them was rumored to have done that already but I don't think he actually did it just looked like a tabloid report.

Im glad you are able to be honest, and now understand the real truth behind all the bull! I know a lot of people who felt like you did. I too wish the kids would come forward, but I think falsely accusing someone is a crime.

Im glad you are able to be honest, and now understand the real truth behind all the bull! I know a lot of people who felt like you did. I too wish the kids would come forward, but I think falsely accusing someone is a crime.

I'm not sure what would happen to them though considering they were minors, their parents would probably get the real punishment.

Honestly, it's not surprising the worse was believed. The media ravaged him. I didn't believe the worse because I just couldn't. I loved and respected him so much. And I couldn't love him if he took advantage of children, so my brain would not go there. My brother said I was in denial. Maybe I was...but I would have lived in it forever then. I'm glad access to the truth is so easily available now so it's not a matter of denial, but his innocence is a matter of reality and fact for many more now.

Last edited:

Its good you can be honest. Well, there is a video on youtube where T-Mez said something like he had witnesses (friends of Jordan) who were willing to say that Jordan had told them nothing had ever happened. This was incase Sneddon tried to call Jordan in 2005. Actually Jordan refused to be a witness against Michael in 2005 and in the fbi files it looks like it is him who says he will even go so far as to pursue legal action if he is called to testify against Michael.

I'm not sure what would happen to them though considering they were minors, their parents would probably get the real punishment.

Well Jordan's father Evan committed suicide a few months after Michael's death.. was it September?

Back