How Old Are You and How Long Have You Been an MJ Fan?

What age group do you fit in?

• 12 and under

Votes: 26 3.1%
  • 13-17

Votes: 139 16.3%
  • 18-24

Votes: 306 36.0%
  • 25-30

Votes: 177 20.8%
  • 31-39

Votes: 112 13.2%
  • 40 and over

Votes: 91 10.7%

• Total voters
Re: How old are you and how long have you been a MJ fan?

well im eighteen and really ive been a fan sense i was like 11 but it was only recently that ive become a hardcore fan lol mostly becuz of my moms influence :) thanks mom! i luv michael inside and out!

Im 19. imma big newbie fan. just celebrated my 1 year of fandom. my flatmate had all the albums so i got re-aquainted with the genius, looked him up on youtube and then spent several months wading through a sea of tabloid filth to find out everything about him. Came to the conclusion he's an amazing guy and musical genius and here I am. This is my first experience of waiting for an mj albumand i'm here to stay. :yes:

I'm 15 (almost 16) and I've been a fan for as long as I remember. HIStory CD was my first love of Michael.

It´s great to see that Michael has got fans around the world - no matter how old they are!!! Michael still rocks the world!!!!

I ve exactly the same view than you whosbad! :D

I'm 14 and been a fan since May 2005...makes it 3 yrs so far.

Im 19. imma big newbie fan. just celebrated my 1 year of fandom. my flatmate had all the albums so i got re-aquainted with the genius, looked him up on youtube and then spent several months wading through a sea of tabloid filth to find out everything about him. Came to the conclusion he's an amazing guy and musical genius and here I am. This is my first experience of waiting for an mj albumand i'm here to stay. :yes:

YAY! congrats!! lol:punk:
It takes a while to weed through all the lies and haters.... But you can find and see amazing things about Michael Jackson that sooooo many people dont take the time to look for and find!! :yes:

LOL I'm 13, and I've been a serious fan for just about 2 years now. I'm not really sure how I became a fan, because I always knew his songs...I think I was wasn't really aware that I liked him until I heard "The Girl Is Mine" on the radio back in 2006. However I do remember feeling nervous for him listening to the verdict on the radio before softball practice. And then again I did preform 2 Jackson 5 songs, "The Love You Save" in 2003, and "I'll Be There" in 2004 for my school's talent show, but I also remember liking "You Rock My World" when it first came out. You know it's strange, I think I was a fan the whole entire time, and just didn't realize it until late 2006, because I always knew the name "Michael Jackson", even when I was real young.

YAY! congrats!! lol:punk:
It takes a while to weed through all the lies and haters.... But you can find and see amazing things about Michael Jackson that sooooo many people dont take the time to look for and find!! :yes:

Yes, its all there just below the surface. I wish everyone would just open their eyes!

MJgal: It's so true it's like he's always in ur consciousness but sooner or later you really look at him and its like BINGO! :D

All these hardcore fans who've been fans for 8 plus years...:timer: geez, I feel like a flake.lol:D
Anywhoo, I'm 24 and I've been a fan since Febuary of this year. My curiosity was really peaked after the trial after seeing the loyalty of all the fans who went down to Santa Barbara to show their support- You guys rock btw :punk:- But unfortunately at the time I didn't give it much thought. I started actually listening to the music in Feb. starting with the Thriller album. But what clinched it was when I listened to "Speechless" for the first time. I cried. HARD.:D His music was honest and giving. That's when I officially became a fan.

I'm 13 years old and Ive been a fan for 1 year :D
I became a fan when I have heard his songs- Heal the world and Will you be there and after that I started to search more songs of him,photos,forums etc Only he was in my head and nothing else I was just like а madgirl lol

Last edited:

I'm 29 and i've been a fan for 23yrs...:)

I'm 15. I've been a fan since listening to Thriller in 2003 and seeing the 30th anniversary special at the time. Wasn't really into him until February with T25. Then this summer, I actually got into his music and such with the announcement of KoP.

17 fan since 15 ish, after seeing article on tv bout thriller and going and doing a loada research.

I will be 18 in 10 months and I have been fan almost 4 years, since spring 2005.
Gosh that sounds so little compared to everyone else's years :bugeyed

I'm 16 years old, and I've bin a fan since 1992 - my entire life :wub:

I'm 25, have been a fan since Moonwalker :)

Wow there are even twelve and under??
i want to meet those fortunate people. cuz most lil kids these days are seriously deprived of good music. esp. middle schoolers.
sad really :(

I'm 15. I've been a fan since listening to Thriller in 2003 and seeing the 30th anniversary special at the time. Wasn't really into him until February with T25. Then this summer, I actually got into his music and such with the announcement of KoP.

heyy im 15 tooo *hiighfiivee*
hehe :lol:

I'm 13 years old and Ive been a fan for 1 year :D
I became a fan when I heard his songs- Heal the world and Will you be there and after that I started to search more songs of him,photos,forums etc Only he was in my head and nothing else I was just like а madgirl lol

yeahh!! 13 year old fan hehe

im sooo happy you are one. good job!!!! and congratulations as well :hug: hehe

I am 18 and has been a fan since i was 2 years old
All i remember from that age was watching the bucharest concert on tape;D

im about 27 and i have been Mj fan since 1998..I was 16~17

I'm 46 (can't believe it..) and when I was about 10 I heard Ben on the radio. From that time on I'm hooked on Michael Jackson... I even met him when I was about 15. He played in a tv-show here in Holland with the other Jacksons (Blame it on the boogie). I'll tell the whole story in the other thread here. I've been to 4 fantastic concerts. There's something about his voice and him as a person. And now with all the awful stories about him being ill, I feel so sad it tears me up inside.

I am 20 and I am a fan for about 13 years. :D

I'm 38 I'll be 39 May 24th been a fan since 1975!! I first saw him on tv with his brothers on a variety show "The Jacksons!!" I've watched Michael go from Afro and 70's style outfits to Jheri Curls and "Thrills" to Present!! I've seen him live once in NY in 2001!! "The Michael Jackson 30th Anniversary Celebration"!! So I've been a fan and supporter for 34 Years!!!! "Don't Stop Til You Get Enough!!,...." God Bless You!!

I am 33 and other than hearing some of his songs when I was younger, I didn't know much at all about him until early 2003 in Feb, after his take two interview. It caught my attention and I decided to see what I could learn about him that was true, rather than the media spins and rudeness that was around lots more back then. I am glad something about him grabbed my attention. I've enjoyed getting to "know" him. There is so much that the people who aren't fans will not get to know. His poetry and stories and even just outlook is beautiful. They are missing out. He really is a beautiful man.

Back