How Old Are You and How Long Have You Been an MJ Fan?

What age group do you fit in?

• 12 and under

Votes: 26 3.1%
  • 13-17

Votes: 139 16.3%
  • 18-24

Votes: 306 36.0%
  • 25-30

Votes: 177 20.8%
  • 31-39

Votes: 112 13.2%
  • 40 and over

Votes: 91 10.7%

• Total voters
Re: How old are you and how long have you been a MJ fan?

I've been a fan since I saw the Dangerous Tour Bucharest concert on HBO when I was 4.

We had just moved to Florida and were living at my Grandparents house at the time. I remember it being like a huge event and my Grandparents recorded it on tape for me. shortly after that I remember going to daycare with a black fedora and sequined glove on pretending I was Mike, lol.

i am 28 yearl old and will be 29 this april i have been a fan since my mom gave birth to me he is a amazing artist and has help me through some crazy times

I have 27 years. I'm fan since 1989. I grew up listening to Michael Jackson. Michael is part of my childhood and adolescence. His songs are the soundtrack of my life. For me Michael is the greatest artist the world has known. There will be another artist like him. Michael is the best for me and will always be the King of Pop! My love and admiration for him will always be eternal. No matter what happens always love Michael! :)

I'm 16 and I'm fan of Michael almost 4 years - good for me ;D I learned a lot from him(;*)

Haha I'm such a newb, I'm 21 and have been a fan for about 5-6months. :p

I don't know what made me go on you tube and put in beat it but I did. Been a fan ever since, always knew of the '***** *****' rubbish in the tabloids but never been a part of it. Never believed the charges, one of the few my age in my area who watched living with... and thought wow he's awesome. Then I started listening to him, watching his shorts constantly on you tube, then i read about him anything and everything, fell in love with a man who is so misunderstood and victimised.

His music his dancing, he's brilliant!

I don't actually listen to pop music, usually big angry punk music.

I just turned 22 and ive been a fan since I was 15 or 16.

well im 18 nearly 19 now, been a fan now for bout 8 years, ever since i got given invincible for xmas, then was like hey, not bad, then just started watching and listening to other songs, turned out my parents had tonnes of LPs of his and the Jackson 5. What probably made me more a fan was the number ones album, which prompted me to go out and buy all his albums. Ever since then, cant get enough of mj.

I'm 20 and have been a fan since I was about 2 years old cos my parents are both fans and tell me that I always used to dance around to MJ since the age of 2. Then they took me to see him live at Wembley on the Dangerous Tour twice when I was 4 and ever since then i've been a massive MJ fan. That concert had a big effect on me even though I was only a kid at the time.

Im 36 years old and became a fan in 1982.

Even before that time my parents told me i went crazy over the "can you feel it " video and i cried when my father deleted the video :bugeyed

Im still a fan cuz Michael's music is amazing and he's voice makes my hart melt everytime i hear him:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

I will love you forever Michael and you will always be my KING OF POP, ROCK & SOUL :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

I am a Fan since I was 2 years Old. And now I am 23 years old and until today I am a fanatic Michael Jackson fan and will be forever . And the question why ? Because Michael touch my soul I love him very much he is a very importend person in my live that I respect .

I'm like you,but it doesnt metter how years you have been a fan :)

exactly. Ha I see fan for 30+ years and it makes me wish i was a fan for that long! But it really doesnt matter and it makes me happy to see all these fans from different age groups! 9 40+ as of now thats great! ^_^ seeing all the newbies makes me really happy too! it goes to show that even with all the crap thats said about michael its not stopping him from getting fans. yaaay ^_^

as far as enjoying the music goes, ive been a fan since i was 6 years old(could be 5...pretty sure it was 6 tho). wasnt a fan of the person until about 11 or 12. 14 years in all.

the beginning was around the time the first 93 trial ended which i didnt know happened until middle school(wish i coulda been there for michael :cry: oh well.). my family was at my grandfolks house. my father decided to show me his old room...i still remember what the mattress looked like!...and he pulled out some old reccords including the Jacksons and for some reason I loved Dancing Machine so much. several times after when i went to my grandparrents' house I would beg my father to pull out the song. I didnt make the connection that it was michael until being a fan some years after, but i still consider that the birth of my fandom. after that my mom gave me a tape with you are not along on one side and scream(the remix i think)on the other. id listed to it it my kiddie player over and over again. then my mom bought HIStory for herself(mine now :p)and my sis and I would listen to that picking up toys or playing barbie dolls. Around 11 or 12 I became curious of Michael as a person. I would look at his pics of him kissing babies and think it was cool that he liked kids...it made me feel loved. I also remember seeig his thank you on the back of the HIStory 2 disk album, "to all the children all over the world...including the suffering the sick and the dying.." that line. its up in the corner or something i think. and i was deeply moved. i felt like wow..Michael loves me! I remember the DAY I turned 13 and being sad I wasnt a kid anymore b/c Michael likes kids XD Michael was obviously a big part of my life even then. and when i got the dangerous album i was about 13 and thats when i mingled with fans on line..Michael Jackson Fan Club Chatroom. I didnt meet any fans face to face until the MJ fanatics...but i didnt join that until around the time it broke down. Luckily now we have the MJ Lonestars. everyone ive met from that over the years...especially the halloween parties...have all been soo nice and awesome. :D

sry soo long but i love sharing all that haha :p

I'm 45 and have been a fan since 1970. I love seeing all the new fans and I love seeing that some became fans during '03! That's great!

Nice poll!

I'm 45 and have been a fan since 1970. I love seeing all the new fans and I love seeing that some became fans during '03! That's great!

Nice poll!

yay! someone else over 40! :D makes me smile. and it is wonderful to see fans from that time(03). my best friend became a fan durring the trial and we met at a little fan meet ^_^

I'm 70. I knew Michael "existed" LOL----but during the 70's/80's, I was raising my family.
In the Dangerous era---I listened to that album via a 13 year old grand--daughter.
I also read Moonwalk around that time---and didn't believe Michael was guilty of any molestation charges, even the first time,
Then in 1996, History Tour came to Brisbane Queensland---and I went to see Michael, at 58 years old-----and he changed my life-----I have learnt so much from Mr Michael Jackson----and here I still am.
Dawn

WOW......................

I'm 23 and I've been a fan since I was 3. I didn't know this until after my grandfather died in 2007. We found some magazines with Michael on the cover which he had been collecting for me, the first magazine was from 1988 (I was 3 then)!!

I'm almost 42 and I grew up with Michaels music always on my shelf.
More interested in the person Michael Jackson I became only when I had to write a homework for University about him.

I'm 17 years old and I've been a fan of Michael a year now. It's actually a year this month. Woho!:D

I'm 17 years old and I've been a fan of Michael a year now. It's actually a year this month. Woho!:D

awesome congrats on your 1 year aniversery :p

:clapping:

youre lucky. I wish i could remember when i became a fan. I can remember for just about all my other favorite artists, Michael's one of the few i cant remember :( thats b/c i first listened to his music when i was 6 and he was the first celeb that cought my eye lol.

I'm 70. I knew Michael "existed" LOL----but during the 70's/80's, I was raising my family.
In the Dangerous era---I listened to that album via a 13 year old grand--daughter.
I also read Moonwalk around that time---and didn't believe Michael was guilty of any molestation charges, even the first time,
Then in 1996, History Tour came to Brisbane Queensland---and I went to see Michael, at 58 years old-----and he changed my life-----I have learnt so much from Mr Michael Jackson----and here I still am.
Dawn

Aaaww, that's awesome!!! :) Glad to have you with us Dawn! :hug:

I'm 34 and I've been a fan for almost 22 years by now. :)

Wow quite suprising! Am 21 and have been a fan since I was about 7 when I proprly recognised I liked him. I still have my Thriller and HIStory CD's I asked for my Birthday and christmas when I was 8.

Im 22, and I've always been mesmerised by him since I was very very little...I think I can say Im a fan for 15 years or so, tho when I was young I didnt collect much of his stuff unless what I saw on a store by accident...I didnt know much about him and what he had released.
Do I have to say why Im still a fan? lol :wild:

I'm 22 and I've been a fan of Michael for 6 years since that.. ugh godforbidden documentary by Martin Bashir and I'm still a big fan now. I collected most of the DVD's, CD's and a few books of him since then.

I am 30 now and am fan for 17 years ;D

For me it was the Oprah Winfrey interview that did the trick! :D

Im 44 & have been a fan since a teenager. There was always music in our house but it was seeing Michael sing Ben on tv that won me over. Have quietly followed his career/life and admire him as a performer /musical genius and a wonderful,loving, misunderstood man.
Looking forward to seeing my first concert in july!!!!! and very proud to be going with my daughter!

I'm 15 and have been a fan since I was about 12, so 3 years. It all started when I was waiting for someone (by looking out of my front window) and the T.V. was on. The program was something like 'Top 20 Michael Jackson videos'. I wasn't really paying attention to it. Obviously, before that, I had heard his classics but wasnt a hardcore fan. The video that came up on the T.V. was Black or White. THAT got my attention. It was amazing! For the next 2 weeks or so I was watching the video non stop, not bothering to listen to any others. I must have been intrigued to listen to some of his other stuff so I listened to another (I cant remember what it was). I have only started collecting his merchandise recently but for the past few years I have been completely into his music!

I am 27 and I grew up with Michaels music. I loved his music since I was 7 but I become a big fan in 1991!:)

I'm 26 and has been a fan since i was 12....so 14 years. and this is it will be my first concert

I'm 21 years old now and been a fan since 1993. Well, I was in my country(Ethiopia) at that time so they were showing His BAD Music Video. And my eyes were stuck on the TV. Til the end. I had no interest in other Tv things...only liked to play with my doll, well Till i saw Michael. I tried to dance like him(In Privet) on the bad Vid, like when he wipes his mouth with his gloved hand @ The end. I listend to his music...after that. i counldnt get his music though, i requested it on the radio.

I rediscover him when i came to the US. 2001after the Sept. 11 happened, ppl. were depressed and I had all Negative energy around me, I was 13 at the time. then after about a year, I saw Michael on TV, ANd i was curious on what had happned to his life...so i went to google and searched him, and lots of videos of his came to sight, so I started Watching it and I was Mesmerised. I've been a fan for 16 years now...It has Been A Happy, Sad, AND AMAZING Journy. And I Wish HIM THE BEST in the Future!

ANd ALl The fans too. Much LOVE

I am 27 and have been a fan for 26 years. I fell in love with his music with the album Thriller. My mom told me that I was a busy little girl always on the move but putting his albums on would make me sit still for hours on end. I would also go to sleep listening to his songs and would wake up as soon as someone turned the player off. I've always loved his music but as I was growing up I started learning more about the person and what a beautiful human being he is inside out. I am still a fan because I still and always will love, admire and respet the artist and the man.

Back