How Old Are You and How Long Have You Been an MJ Fan?

What age group do you fit in?

• 12 and under

Votes: 26 3.1%
  • 13-17

Votes: 139 16.3%
  • 18-24

Votes: 306 36.0%
  • 25-30

Votes: 177 20.8%
  • 31-39

Votes: 112 13.2%
  • 40 and over

Votes: 91 10.7%

• Total voters
Re: How old are you and how long have you been a MJ fan?

When I was about 4, I walked in my 3 yr old cousin doing the Thriller dance. She immediately began to teach me the moves. I remember just loving the song...and began to ask to hear more of Michael. So through my childhood I loved his big hits, but I became a 'real fan' at 11. I was in a drama class, when my teacher showed us 3 music videos 'Thriller', 'Billie Jean, and 'Smooth Criminal'. I was hypnotized. I became obsessed,
I then found out the year before was his 30th Anniversary Concert at MSG (I live in NYC and if I was a bit older, I could have probably made it). I think I cried for a few days because of that.

I'm 34 & I've loved Michael Jackson pretty much my whole life. I'm approaching my 30th year as a fan :)
Re-runs of the Jackson 5 cartoon & hearing "Rock With You" for the first time back in '79 is where it all began with me.

I"m turning 40 this year...and I love Michael for more than 27 years now....The first song I feel in love was "Billie Jean" and I heard it on the radio first.....I didin"t see the video untill 2 weeks later.But I was in love with his voice first and then when I finnaly saw him....there HE was...the love of my life.

I am 23 years old now...born 1986. I have been a fan since the age of 5. That's when it all started. I'm from a small town in Norway..actually more like the country side. Grew up on a farm.

So from the age of 5 it just grew, and when I was 10 years old he had his Dangerous concert here in Oslo, Norway. You can't IMAGINE how happy I got when my aunt had bought a ticket for the two of us, since she knew how much I loved him.

I carried a picture in my wallet of him at the age of 8.... wow..I miss him..

now i'm 11 years old, i was born at 1998
....i love him from the bottom of my heart since i was 3
yeah i was young i know

I am 28 and I became a fan in 1991 when the 'Black or White' music video premiered right after The Simpsons! LOL! So that makes me 10 yo at the time.

I don't really remember music before Michael. My dad listened to a lot of Elvis, Beatles, Julio Iglesias so I remember those artists from my childhood. But Michael was the first artist that I chose to listen to and buy his music with my allowance and all that stuff.

After that, through my teenage years I just did as much research on Michael that I could to learn more about him and I really loved and admired the person just as much as the music.

But yeah, I'll never forget watching that premiere of 'Black or White' with my mom and little brother and being absolutely fascinated by him.

I'm 24 years old and I've been a fan since 1993 but I always loved Michael's music

I'm 28 and born in 1980. My parents told me I was dancing to the Thriller album and mumbling along when I was 2 years old. Luckily for me we didn't have a videocamera hahaha. I don't know any better then being a Michael fan.

I am 30 yrs old and Liked MJ since forever

I've been a fan since i was 7, so that makes it about 16 years as a fan now. I first became a fan of his because i thought his music/dancing was VERY cool. Kinda funny that before i was a fan i was actually terrified of the "Thriller" video and now it's my fav video of all time lol And Im still a fan of his because when i listen to his music or watch a video/performance of his, i still get that same 'rush' and happy feeling i did when i was little.

was a closet fan as a child, but became a real true and obsessed fan when I was 19. That was when Number Ones came out and it reminded me of how awesome MJ was.

I'm 19, and sadly only became a fan after the glory days when Michael had the world on fire. I always knew about him, but never really took much notice.m I remember getting Invincible when it came out when I was 11, and thinking it was pretty cool.

Then I saw Michael's Smooth Criminal sequence from Moonwalker and I was absolutely stunned! I couldn't believe the ways he could move and react, and how insanely cool pushing his hat over his eyes was! From then on I spent all my pocket money on buying all his original albums, solo career and J5, and watching all his concerts and performances online and on TV. Not many people my age really knew anything about Michael so I never really had any friends that were fans too. I remember being so annoyed and even hurt sometimes when kids at secondary school would slag off MJ during the trial. I was going to be going to four This Is It tours (one being the second show after the cancellations!) and was absolutely devastated when he died, staying up for 48 hours just getting every scrap of news from the web. I was praying TMZ was wrong... :(

I'll remain a fan forever and keep MJ's legacy alive for years to come!!!!!!

"Yes, Michael was a human being, but dammit, he was a King. Long Live The King!"

Im 23 and probably from when I was about 5, as long as I can remember anyway.

'i am 36...been a fan since the thriller video. I was 10 years old then...and was scared out of my mind, but loved every second of it.

I'm 16 and I'm a fan since I was about 7 so that makes... 9 years being an MJ fan.
I became a fan when my mum showed me the Thriller video, although I had to wait until I was 11 years old to get my first MJ album, BAD.
I'm still a fan today because my love and admiration for Michael will remain forever.

been a fan for over 30 years.. First song i ever heard was Ben and i was in love :wub:

I'm 21 and I have been a fan since I was in the womb haha. My mom went to go see Michael 9 months pregnant with me when she was supposed to be on bed rest. THAT is dedication haha.

I'm 22 and I've been a MJ fan ever since i was a baby my mom said i would stand up in my cradle and watch Michael sing and dance i was mesmerized.

I was born a year after Michael was born and have been a fan since Ben! Lost track of him for a few of our teen years, other than that have always been a fan.

I'm 22 and became a fan in 01 .. late I know , I was raised on Janet so lol but I knew who he was just wasn't into him at the time

I am 25 and I have been a fan since 1988, I vividly remember first seeing him in the bad video and then telling my mother that I thought he was cute lol

I'm 35 and once my friend asked me this question too, I thought for about 5 minutes and understood - Michael was with me always to the best of my memory! I remember pillows battles in the beds with my cousins in the rythm of Thriller :wild:. When I was 14 the whole my room was full of posters with Michael, magazines, music and video casettes. Even had red jacket a la Thriller. Still remember big poster on my doors from "Speed Demon". I closed my eyes and waked up with this smile :wub:. And later went to bed with the "Dancing The Dream" under my pillow :).

I'm now 17 and became his fan this year, sad -___- his first song i listened to was They Don't Care About Us and fell in love with him right away!

^^ I always admire the young fans for discovering Michael and becoming his fans even after his death… Remember that it is never too late!

Thanks for sharing...

19 and a fan since 2001-2002

34, fan since 8 :punk:

Why I became a fan? "Thriller" came out, and I was 8, more less, but I remember it like last month. That´s says it all.

Why I am still a fan? Well, it´s Michael Jackson, I grew up with his shinning figure his, amazing talented figure, he is part of my life, and it gets you forever.

Back