How Old Are You and How Long Have You Been an MJ Fan?

What age group do you fit in?

• 12 and under

Votes: 26 3.1%
  • 13-17

Votes: 139 16.3%
  • 18-24

Votes: 306 36.0%
  • 25-30

Votes: 177 20.8%
  • 31-39

Votes: 112 13.2%
  • 40 and over

Votes: 91 10.7%

• Total voters
Re: How old are you and how long have you been a MJ fan?

I'm 30 and have been listening to him since before I can remember. The Black or White video is when I completely fell in love with him.

I am 41 and i have been a fan since i was 11

I am 20 and my first CD ever was the Dangerous CD. I wasn't allowed to listen to lots of music growing up but because of Michael Mania, my dad bought me the CD that everyone had lol. My mom went to a Jackson 5 concert in the 70's too so the whole family loves MJ. I personally didn't become a superfan until my late teen years when I could appreciate his work more. MJ took over my life officially in the past couple of years.

42 years old. Since early 70's, first memory and I still sing it is - me as a tiny tot singing I'll Be Square instead of I'll Be There.....

Well, 24 and as I said in my introduction message, like anyone else I always knew him, he was a part of my life. I was in love with him during the HIStory period, I was a little girl, but I remember that summer where I would dance with my then best friend, to the sound of that album we would steal from her sister. We would move the furniture in her house and prepare choregraphies etc... I have never been into dancing at all but then I would indulge in my friend's fantasy of recreating some of Mike's moves. Obviously it was really ugly to watch lol. One thing I remember vividly is that I was so impressed at that picture of statue, I found it so absolute and gigantic in concept. I was little but it really made an impression on me.
Also, I remember that in school we would say as though it was an axiom, that MJJ was the greatest star in the world with Madonna and that, no one could ever prove the contrary. It was self-evident. Later on I discovered other music bands and became a die-hard Queen and Beatles fan, so I changed my mind historically speaking, but coming back on those years and working on my thesis, I realize I was right as a little girl because no other artist had such an impact on EVERY existing media. Michael was the first one, will probably remain the only one.

I'm 20 and I've been a huge fan since 2001.

im 41 been a fan since i can remember but became a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig fan in 82 so probally altogether 32 yrs

I'm 46 (well, actually 16 at heart:tease:) so MJ in a way was 'my generation' ...

i'm 45 and have not known a time in my life that MJ wasn't there, in the Jackson 5 the the Jacksons. i must admit though that when i was about 8 or nine i was more an Osmonds fan (Donny) lol. i came back to Michael in my teens and never left him. i seen him at Wembly stadium in 1988 (Bad tour)...
MJJTATTOOS007-1-1.jpg

my daughter is now 10 and through listening to my MJ collection she is now a big fan, she loves the dvd's and tries to do his dances and sings along to all the songs (knows the words better than me sometimes to) lol, its quite sweet to watch her.
MJJTATTOOS006-1-2-1-1.jpg
MJJTATTOOS007-1-2.gif

Last edited:

so old and so long don't even remember correctly anymore

Not sure if I answered this with a post yet or not....life's been very hectic and stressful the past few months (MJ's passing and a lot more personal stuff...mainly financial).

But anyway....I'm 30 (about to be 31) and I've been a fan since around 1983 when I first heard and watched Billie Jean and Beat It on the radio and music video. At that time, my Mother introduced me to the Jackson 5, so in the early 80's I got a crash course on MJ and became an instant fan of all of his music. I'll never forget the day my parents finally bought me Thriller on cassette tape after weeks and weeks of non-stop begging!

Ever since the early 80's, I've been a dedicated MJ fan. I remember in 1987 when Bad came out I was so excited yall. I mean...super excited. A new album from Michael Jackson...I was like...wow....this is gonna be great. One of my fondest memories of my childhood is that day I went to Wal-Mart in my little small town I was living in and I bought Bad on vinyl. And then bringing it home and setting that needle down on the record and listening to "Bad" (which I already loved), and then discovering all this new MJ music I'd never heard before. What an amazing day that was.

Really, it was an amazing era in which to live. I wish I could get in a time machine and go back to the 80's. It was AWESOME. I love reading about other people's memories from back then. Everything good was hot back then.

My 15 year old nephew even loves Michael!

I’ve been a fan since the ‘Off The Wall’ days probably since 1979.

I've been a fan every since i can remember.. But I'll say over 25 years. I had older brother & sister so always music around me. I was born in 1977. I was just drawn to Michael Jackson & the J5

Last edited:

For as long as I can remember. I'm 25 now - and I remember watching/listening to him from probably the age of about 4 i guess. Thanks to my nan :) She loves Michael.

i guess since i was born, 1992 (17 years old) only because of my loving family, who love MJ almost as I do, I remember woring out how to use the dvd player and the only dvds i could find of in my brothers room were the history ones from MJ...thank God for that! :)

20 years old and a fan since 1995

I can't remember exactly when I became a fan because it was very early in life..My earliest picture is a two year old me in his classic shades and my uncles shoes because I could not find shoes exactly like MJ's in my house..I was still in diapers!! lol..My parents were big MJ fans and well I just loved his music! I was just drawn..I'm 19 and there is not a day that passes by that I don't listen to his music.

well I'm 17 and the first music video I ever saw in my life was thriller and it really scared me I wouldn't go to bed without thinking that Micheal jackson was gonna come and eat me I was really scared of him I thought that he looked like a zombie all the time :lol: but as I grew up and saw how much my family liked him I began to like him too so I guess I have been a fan for most of my life

I became a fan when You are not alone and Earth song came out, I was 10 years old around that time.
I am still a fan today bevause I found out that MJ is so mucht more than just a good singer, he's a dancer, performer, actor, he draws beautiful stuff and most of all I think he's the most loving person I've ever seen.
He was like an angel.

I'm 17 and I have been a fan for a year now. Yes, I discovered him late.... :(

What started it for me was stumbling upon a MJ video in youtube. From that moment on, I was completely obsessed with everything Michael Jackson.

I did so many research, read so many newspapers from 1980 to present day to catch up. XD

I think I honestly watched every specials from his J5 days to his solo acts as well... :D

HI my name is Dexter Plowden from Abbeville, LOUISIANA. I turned 29 on July 4th of this year and i have been a Michael Jackson fan since 1983 i was 3 years old at the time and will always be one until i die.

Becoming a fan was really easy for me since my family is all MJ fans. From my mom to my dad to my moms sisters and brothers. I remember watching Motown 25 and watching the Thriller video with my aunt and cousins who at the time were about 13-14 year olds. I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Michael Jackson.

I had kind of drifted away from pop music in general, not just Michael's. Two weeks before he died I had downloaded about 30 of my favorite songs by him on Itunes. When he died, I thought it was such strange timing that I had gravitated back to his music just prior to his death. I've loved him since I was a little girl, he was a year younger than me. I will truly miss him, he had so much more to give. I never knew these forums existed but have ALWAYS been a fan of his through everything that he endured in his life! I always supported him.

Back