How Old Are You and How Long Have You Been an MJ Fan?

What age group do you fit in?

• 12 and under

Votes: 26 3.1%
  • 13-17

Votes: 139 16.3%
  • 18-24

Votes: 306 36.0%
  • 25-30

Votes: 177 20.8%
  • 31-39

Votes: 112 13.2%
  • 40 and over

Votes: 91 10.7%

• Total voters
Re: How old are you and how long have you been a MJ fan?

I'm turning 20 this year :)o) And I only became a fan this February!! I grew up hearing his music and stuff (my mom was a really big fan in her teens but that cooled down after she started a family) but I didn't become a fan on my own until this year. I wasted so much time :no:

I'm turning 20 this year :)o) And I only became a fan this February!! I grew up hearing his music and stuff (my mom was a really big fan in her teens but that cooled down after she started a family) but I didn't become a fan on my own until this year. I wasted so much time :no:

no way you wasted time, look at all the time you have ahead of u instead where u can look forward to endless hours of michael music :)

for me i've been a fan since i was like 7. im 21

I'm 31 and I've been a fan since I was in the womb. True story, my mom was 21 when she had me and was at a neighbors card party (1977, back then that's what they did,lol) and they were playing "Show You the Way to Go" by the Jacksons and from what my mom's best friend said, my mom was "trying to dance:dancin: while 9months preggers" and low and behold I wanted to dance too but not in her belly so she went into labor. 8:32pm on Oct. 18th I was born:baby:.. So that is why I tell people that I have been a fan since I was in the womb.. To this day I tell my parents the 2 best bday presents they ever gave me was tickets to the Victory Tour(I went a month before my 7th bday in Philly) and the Bad Tour(the day after my 11th bday in D.C.). So my parents don't even bother to say anything about the fact I am 31 and still have MJ posters,my doll that's still in the box, and other stuff, and how I am "patiently":timer: waiting for him to return to the music scene.

:hysterical::lmao::boohoo:
I have never laughed and cried so much in the same time lol.
Thank you.

Nice thread thx, I'm 24 years old. :)

How long have i been a fan ? I dunno if i liked mj before this but i would say 2001, you know his remastered albums were being released so i bought them. I miss that time in a way, because everything was new to me. The albums, the videos, the interviews, etc... I bought Invincible too, huge disappointment. There are some good songs on this album though.

I'm 15, and probably one of the youngest here :p.

Since I was little just casual, after Michael's death I became hardcore, I hate myself for it.

I'm 21 and my earliest memories of Michael's music is listening to the HIStory album. I remember liking 'You Rock My World' when it was released. I remember seeing the different covers for the 'Number Ones' album in the shops and wondering who would buy all of them for the same thing. Lol. I've always been more of a casual fan. A couple of months before he died and everyone was talking about 'This Is It', 'Blood On The Dancefloor' was playing on a music channel and I loved it. I had never heard it before and I started looking into his songs more then when he died, I looked more into his work. :)

I'm 20. :D I've been a fan since 2001. In fact, the first album I bought on my own was Invincible, blue cover.
So after seeing the YRMW video, I've been obsessing over Michael ever since :yes: I love him more than anything else in this world.

I was born in 1985, i have been a MJ's fan since 1996. Now i am also a MJ impersonator :) thank u Michael for bringing ur magic 2 the world

Hey everyone,Im 21 and have LOVED michael since i was about ten.but ive listened to his music when i was younger.When i was 12 that is when i became really obsessd and went and got everything michael had ever released lol.its never enough,anyhting to do with michael is 100% worth buying. xx

I'm 24 and I've been a fan since I was 17

I'm 39 in June... I 'fell in love' with Michael when I was only 10... So, almost 29 years ago hey... I first heard his wonderful voice on "the girl is mine" but got "hooked" by Beat it...
Why still? I have always considered Michael as a bro'... my sweetheart... my rock...
I know there is more to life than work and household... So, Always dare to dream and believe in yourself...

I'm 32 years old and have been a fan for 26 years now, i still remember listening to the Thriller and Off The Wall albums on repeat when i was 6, alongside my favorite hard rock albums by the likes of Kiss and the Crue. ;)

I'm 45, and my first contact with Michael's music was with the ABC Saturday morning cartoon show in the early 70s. I became interested in the Jackson 5 from that point, and really turned on to Michael's art with his great videos of the early 80s. My heart was fully his with "Remember the Time" and his amazing dance sequences in that video.

I'm 42 years old, always 11 years younger than Michael, and I've been a true fan since 1983. Even though I knew of him and the Jacksons earlier than that, in the mid 70s...he got me with Thriller and those groundbreaking MTV videos. I consider myself a 30 year going on eternity fan. I would've run away with him to Neverland if we ever met in the late 80s. :hahaha: I love you, Michael.

Sadly, but I became a fan only after his death... :(
I remember...Immidiately after Michael died, I wanted to know something more about him because I wanted to know why he is so popular. The NET WAS FLOODED! Some music sites had those recent search tags.. OMG! Whetever I read there was only ''Michael Jackson: Thriller, Billie Jean, Bad, History...etc''. Only song I liked back then was Billie Jean (it's still one of my favourites). Funny but I didn't even know that it's named ''Billie Jean'' LOL xd :D
Then I gathered information and knew more and more about MJ. It's sad that television didn't give me that information. I searched it all myself. Before Michael's death I thought he was just a freak with bleached skin, many plastic surgeries, and child molestion stuff.. because those were the only things media was saying (yeah, I know.. :(:(:() My mom didn't tell me for once there was a legendary singer, dancer, performer and entertainer... I was stunned when I saw Billie Jean live for the first time. It was Bucharest. That classic pose and lighting in the beggining of the performance was spectacular...That's when I became a full fan. First MJ friends I found in youtube. Then they told me about MJJC. I joined here after few months they told me about this place.. That's my story.

This is what made me a fan -

vlcsnap2011050117h37m45.png

vlcsnap2011050117h38m06.png

Last edited:

I forgot if I've already have written here but oh well - I'm 28 and been a Michael fan since I was 10-11. He is the one thing that has never changed in my life, he is the one thing that I haven't gotten over. You know how you have idols, and like boys and so on, Michael - except God and my family - is the only thing that has been part of my life for this long and he will always be a part too.

I was aware of MJ when i was very little and remember the Thriller premiere on MTV. It wasn't until i was around 10 though that i became a big fan....used to go to bed with my walkman and listen to old J5 stuff for hours. Thriller album was the first album i ever bought. Going to see MJ Live on the Bad tour really sealed the deal for me though. After that i was totally obsessed......

I'm 25 and I am a fan since I saw a broadcast of the Bucarest Concert in 1992.
So I was just 6 back then. Took me years til I figured out the Moonwalk :)
Better times.

I'm over 40 and started listening to his music when Beat it became a hit. I had already listened to several of his songs, but didn't connect the person to the song. Ben, Music and Me, One Day in Your Life are some example of songs, I listened to a lot, without knowing whose was the voice singing it.

Also, What made you become a fan?, and why are you still a fan today?

I like his music basically and continue to enjoy his music.

I'm 49 and will turn 50 on Oct 2, opening night for The Immortal tour (yes I'll be there). I became a fan when I saw TII in the theatre. My life completely changed when I saw that film, it was the artistic experience of my life. I am more obsessed with Michael than any teenager! Believe me! It's Michael morning, noon and night. Why didn't I see it sooner???

Very interesting thread, it's fascinating to see these responses.

I am just turned 25 and became a fan around like 1993 or something. An aunt gave me a Best of Michael Jackson tape and that was it! He suddenly became my favourite artist and hero :)

ultravioletrae;3379431 said:
I'm 49 and will turn 50 on Oct 2, opening night for The Immortal tour (yes I'll be there). I became a fan when I saw TII in the theatre. My life completely changed when I saw that film, it was the artistic experience of my life. I am more obsessed with Michael than any teenager! Believe me! It's Michael morning, noon and night. Why didn't I see it sooner???

Very interesting thread, it's fascinating to see these responses.

That is amazing. I could not imagine Michael could new fans these days. Its just makes me feel good :)

I am sorry you did not "find him" earlier - but make the most of it because today is all we´ve got!

There are many ppl discovering his work after he died.

I'm 29 years old and have been a fan since 1987.

I've been a fan since I was around 16 years old. I am 33 now. My aunt bought me a copy of the Dangerous album and I was hooked ever since.

Last edited:

I'm 30 years old now and I can't remember how long I've been a fan. My parents say I loved the Thriller album since I was 3 and always wanted to hear it. I would ask for Mihal Jason as I couldn't say his name correctly hahaha. He's always been in my life and always will be.

I am 28 (29 in June 17th :) ) and I am a fan since 1991 :) :) :) :) :)

Back