How Soon After S * x Do I Need Take Pregnancy Test??

BillieJean84

Proud Member
Its been 6 days since I was last intimate and I have the early signs of a pregnancy. I am hoping its a false alarm. How soon after sleeping with my man, do I need to take a pregnancy test?? A gf of mine said 20 days.

I have an irregular period so I can't exactley just wait around for that to start. If I am I need to do something about this ASAP.

Please help me!! How soon??

You had S*X ??? OMG ... Just kidding...:p

I think you have to wait 2 weeks untill you can check, from what i can remember with my girlfriend

2 weeks!?! .

Ok so the date was Thurs june 10 so I should take this pg test on Wednes July 1?

Last edited:
If the pg test is positive and she is pregnant then after 2 weeks she can do still a abortion.

Since you are not keeping it, i suggest to call a doctor for more advice, i think he can help you more then this forum can, unless their is a doctor on mjjc :)

Maybe you can do the test a little earlier.

Just give it a try

well I think you should make an appointment with your doctor..it does usually take about 21 days to start feeling any symptoms of pregnancy...I wish you luck....and rethink the abortion decision....there are many couples out there that would love to adopt a child.

The most reliable time to take a pregnancy test is after you have missed a period..

If I recall, This isn't the first time you have had a scare? If you don't want a baby.. use protection. OMG

The most reliable time to take a pregnancy test is after you have missed a period..

If I recall, This isn't the first time you have had a scare? If you don't want a baby.. use protection. OMG

I have to say lorraine... without protection it feels better then with hahahaa...

But to save all these kind of things.. i would suggest also protection

I have to say lorraine... without protection it feels better then with hahahaa...

There are many others forms of protection. :p

But yeah, If it's not a long term partner.. You need to cover it up. :fear:

But to save all these kind of things.. i would suggest also protection

There are other forms of protection! Pill, etc... but I agree with Lorraine, if this isnt your first scare, for *%^*#'s sake what are you playing at?!?!

A pregnancy test usually wont come back positive until after your first missed period. Do one then, and if its negative, again in a weeks time. I would also suggest booking an appointment with your doctor.

Why arent you planning on telling the guy? Is he a regular partner? If you are pregnant, I honestly believe he has a right to a voice regarding what you do next. And please, if this isnt your first scare, for christs sake learn from your mistakes.

and lets not turn this into a pro-life/choice thread... dangerous road for a thread to go down im sure...

ok I know its my fault everyone here doesnt need to tell me this... and for your information, condoms break, pills are not 100% effective.

anyway I know I know its my fault I really don't need anyones lectures nor your opinion. Since it is scientifically impossible for me to go back in time and use protection, I am in the here and now stage. lol. & simply asking how soon after do I neeed to take the test. thanks. I appreciate the other ppl's real concern.

which actually brings me to the question .... but later. lol

Its my fault anyway because I was told by a dr. that I could not get pregnant.

Last edited:
I think about 2 weeks. Hopefully everything works out for the best :flowers:

Oh hun I am concerned... I cant say I havent been where you are!! I didnt mean to be offensive, and I know how frightened you must be!

Anyway, Ive recently been having some health issues in that department, and without going into detail, the doctors had to be sure I wasnt pregnant before testing... They did a test three days after my period was due (I hadnt had my period at that point and due to health issues I can have a month with three periods, then months without one!!)...When that came back negative, they then did another test 1 week later - this was negative also, and because it was second test and 11 days after my period had been due they were happy the result was correct.

6 days after intercourse is VERY early to be having pregnancy symptoms, but then again if it wasnt a one off relation you could be pregnant from another time before that!

You said youre irregular anyway, so if you dont know where in your cycle you are, my best advice would be to do a test in say, 3 days time... if its negative, do another a week later. You may be best going to see your doctor straight away, as they can do these tests for you, and give you alot of advice. I cant give you advice on what to do if you are pregnant, but as far as I am aware termination in legal up to 24 weeks, so you have plenty of time to seek advice and make a decision, so dont rush into anything - talk it over with people you love and trust, and ideally your partner.

Last edited:
Oh hun I am concerned... I cant say I havent been where you are!! I didnt mean to be offensive, and I know how frightened you must be!

Anyway, Ive recently been having some health issues in that department, and without going into detail, the doctors had to be sure I wasnt pregnant before testing... They did a test three days after my period was due (I hadnt had my period at that point and due to health issues I can have a month with three periods, then months without one!!)...When that came back negative, they then did another test 1 week later - this was negative also, and because it was second test and 11 days after my period had been due they were happy the result was correct.

6 days after intercourse is VERY early to be having pregnancy symptoms, but then again if it wasnt a one off relation you could be pregnant from another time before that!

You said youre irregular anyway, so if you dont know where in your cycle you are, my best advice would be to do a test in say, 3 days time... if its negative, do another a week later. You may be best going to see your doctor straight away, as they can do these tests for you, and give you alot of advice. I cant give you advice on what to do if you are pregnant, but as far as I am aware termination in legal up to 24 weeks, so you have plenty of time to seek advice and make a decision, so dont rush into anything - talk it over with people you love and trust, and ideally your partner.

Thank you. As I said before I was told that I could not get pregnant ever. So of course I was being un-careful and did not give it a second thought. Thanks again for your concern. Also I do not have a period every month anyway.... so its really hard to say at this point.

have a look on google im sure it will give you an answer re when u can take a test.

As I said before I was told that I could not get pregnant ever. So of course I was being un-careful and did not give it a second thought.
aids.std's?

thanks so much.:better: i'm scared lol. how aqre you feeling?

very scared :bugeyed nervous!!!! :worried: The date was June 7th so still a little early to tell but feeling alot of weird things. I didnt take the test yet, im going to wait another week.

:angel: for us both!

Last edited:
very scared :bugeyed nervous!!!! :worried: The date was June 7th so still a little early to tell but feeling alot of weird things. I didnt take the test yet, im going to wait another week.

:angel: for us both!

Thank you so much. you dont know like how comforting it is to have someone else to confide in. No-one else knows my symptoms. I have yet to get the morning sickness and my boobs are not tender .... (yet)

So I guess I will buy a pg test today and take it .... maybe 1 more week???

I hope your doing okay... Hang in there

thank you but I normally do have protection - he does. thanks though.
good cause its not something to mess with. hopefully this time you will have learnt from it

Does it matter if the APT stick test is slightly turned downward? Thats what the instructions said but I had the stick straight out. Does it matter??

I'm serious I took a p.g test yesterday and it was negative but I'm starting to get paranoid about if I took it wrong - the stick was straight out ; not slanted. (like it says to do)

yes I will have to take it again like prob on mon june 21 because the first one migh have been a little early.

Back