I just love the way he sings certain parts of songs

Just to be clear I love all the songs, all the words, all the sounds came out of his mouth ever but I've just listened to PUSH ME AWAY :girl_sigh: OMG, the way he sings this song it is unearthly, I could die listening this song and I wouldn't care

:wtf: NO WAY, it is the hundredth millionth time but has same effect on me :girl_in_love:
Oh Okay! I was gonna say! :sleep:
But yes, those kinds of MJ songs will move you in a way you wouldn't think that it could.

Push Me Away, Heaven Knows I love You, Even Though You're Gone, Find Me A Girl :heart:,
Good Times, Blues Away, Dreamer, Time Waits For No One :heart: Bless His Soul, Destiny,
Lady In My Life, Human Nature, Girlfriend, Liberian Girl, Heaven Can Wait, Break of Dawn.

OMGoodness!! So many others!

Oh Okay! I was gonna say! :sleep:
But yes, those kinds of MJ songs will move you in a way you wouldn't think that it could.

Push Me Away, Heaven Knows I love You, Even Though You're Gone, Find Me A Girl :heart:,
Good Times, Blues Away, Dreamer, Time Waits For No One :heart: Bless His Soul, Destiny,
Lady In My Life, Human Nature, Girlfriend, Liberian Girl, Heaven Can Wait, Break of Dawn.

OMGoodness!! So many others!

.................One Day In Your Life, Someone PuT Your Hand Out, Fly Away, Don't Walk Away..........and hundreds more........and in some love songs from J5 era his voice is so sweet that I feel literally how I'm melting Touch, To Know, Darling Dear, Ooh I'd Love To Be With You, Can You Remember, Too Young and many, many more :heart:

What gets me every single time is during Human Nature.

When he sings - 'She likes the way I stare' or 'I'm dreaming of the street' - I just break down. It is SO insanely beautiful and such an underrated moment. I can't put into words how much I love it. Especially live. It sends chills right down by spine. It's just so .. I have no words. Just epitomises Michael.

I just love the way Michael sings,
"It's all in the game! *slaps leg* It's all in your name! *slaps leg*
Carry me to the gates of paradise in the.........?"

I just love the way Michael sings,
"It's all in the game! *slaps leg* It's all in your name! *slaps leg*
Carry me to the gates of paradise in the.........?"
yes I agree..beautiful..absolutely beautiful...:love:

I love it how he sings in TII "across the nighttime" after the break in Human Nature. So much enthusiasm in his voice!

Pretty much the entire way he sings Fly Away....But especially his ad libbing and gorgeous falsetto at the end....I just love it ...Such an incredible vocalist...

Something I've really enjoyed doing lately is in the last 15 seconds of any Michael song. I'll put the volume to the absolute highest and listen for any ad libs/woos/lines which Michael sings. It's really lovely looking for little passages of the songs which sometime is overlooked. For example yesterday I discovered some at the very end of Privacy :)

The ad libs in the track Off The Wall - I just adore. Throughout the last minute or two just is heavenly. My favourite is right at the end where he sings something like 'Mmm Satisfiiiiii-ied' :wub: I can't express how much I love that line. I'll rewind it numerous times to hear it. Same with 'you and me' bit

In the Lady In My Life - I love the last 2 and a half minutes. 'Stay with me, let me touch you girl'. 'I love you, I love you, I need you, I want you baby. Stay with me. Wooo' :D Then right at the very end of the track (it must be one of the last sounds on Thriller) you hear this woo which sort of sounds like.. 'Weeeeo' I really can't write it :lol:

Anyone else do this? It's so fun!! I also find it really enjoyable picking up different instrumental changes/additions too.

Last edited:
Something I've really enjoyed doing lately is in the last 15 seconds of any Michael song. I'll put the volume to the absolute highest and listen for any ad libs/woos/lines which Michael sings. It's really lovely looking for little passages of the songs which sometime is overlooked. For example yesterday I discovered some at the very end of Privacy :)

The ad libs in the track Off The Wall - I just adore. Throughout the last minute or two just is heavenly. My favourite is right at the end where he sings something like 'Mmm Satisfiiiiii-ied' :wub: I can't express how much I love that line. I'll rewind it numerous times to hear it. Same with 'you and me' bit

In the Lady In My Life - I love the last 2 and a half minutes. 'Stay with me, let me touch you girl'. 'I love you, I love you, I need you, I want you baby. Stay with me. Wooo' :D Then right at the very end of the track (it must be one of the last sounds on Thriller) you hear this woo which sort of sounds like.. 'Weeeeo' I really can't write it :lol:

Anyone else do this? It's so fun!! I also find it really enjoyable picking up different instrumental changes/additions too.

Ok, everything you just explained, I do the EXACT same thing...I listen with my noise cancelling Bose headphones and I just go to heaven...You can hear everything, it's all so rich, and Michael's voice is just right there! It's like he's there with me....But yeah, I search and listen to every little bit and piece I can...There is just so much to discover with his voice and music...

And I know exactly what you mean regarding Lady in My Life...!

Sounds like a good idea. This is why I love to listen to his music with headphones. It's like hearing an entirely different song.

It is not exactly a singing part but I just love the sounds he makes in Shake Your Body Down.

I can't explain how much I love them.I can't even find any mimetic words to illustrate but Im sure you know what I'm talking about.

Love it!:girl_aww:

Of course I love the whole song, the way
MJ sings it, soooo
from

Can You Feel It, I love when Michael belts out,
Take the news to the marching men
Who are killing
their brothers
When death won't dooo, hoo!
Yes, we're aaaaall the saaaame!!!!
Yes, the blood inside of me is inside of you
Now tell me!
OMG! The vocals :swoon:
:clapping:

A truly underrated lyrical performance is Michael on 'Torture' - the opening track of Victory. Michael literally sounds like he's about to take off. The power in his voice is absolutely mind blowing. I can't put into words how powerful he sounds in this song. I think maybe because Jermaine sings the first verse and chorus.. Then we hear Michael come in... OH MY GOD :jumpy: :jumpy:

A truly underrated lyrical performance is Michael on 'Torture' - the opening track of Victory. Michael literally sounds like he's about to take off. The power in his voice is absolutely mind blowing. I can't put into words how powerful he sounds in this song. I think maybe because Jermaine sings the first verse and chorus.. Then we hear Michael come in... OH MY GOD :jumpy: :jumpy:

Oh, so agree with this! It's the same when the Jacksons sing Tell Me I'm Not Dreaming from the Victory tour. When Michael comes back on stage after Jermaine has opened the song, you can feel the energy he brings with him. Wow!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIPwp2UnC4o&feature=related

Oh I completely agree! I also feel the same with 'Can You Feel It'....That song just comes alive as soon as Michael's vocal kicks in...:wild: :wild:

I love the early songs, esp Music and Me and One Day Your Life, when his voice was a mix of boy-man's voice. The transition to adult voice.

A song I absolutely adore right now is 'Up Again' from Music and Me :wub: This song is SO beautiful.. Michael sounds so soulful and the way he sings just has so much depth to it.. It's incredible to think he was only 13 when he recorded this.. Astounding.

don't know if someone's already said this but at the very end of the original 'the way you love me' . that da da da , la la la la. so soft and beautiful. and the same sort of thing at the end of 'smile' with that sweet laugh.
ahhh!

Pretty much an impossible task, trying to pick stuff for this. What with the beatboxing, adlibbing and just the general way he sings and uses his voice, I hardly know where to start. Had fun trying, though, lol.

In the end I left out the adlibbing, even though a lot of it is my fave stuff from Michael. There was too much of it and I turned out to be rubbish at trying to describe a lot of it.

In no particular order, these are some of my favourite sounds / singing from Michael:

1 - Whatever Happens
"so he prays"
"it's not the end of the world"
"just don't let go of my hand"

2 - Walk Right Now
"I say ooh, ooh"

3 - Your Ways
"I don't understand your ways"

4 - True Love Can Be Beautiful
"Searching" - seriously, just that first word is all I need. The way he sings it is amazing.

5 - ITC demo
His falsetto at approx 5m 13s. Mm.

6 - One Day in Your Life - live in Mexico, 1975
"You remember me somehow"

7 - Keep On Dancin' - live at the Rainbow, 1979
"You just listen to our next move"

8 - This Is It
"This is it, here I stand"

9 - Show You the Way to Go
"Put your hand in mine, we can do it"

10 - Smooth Criminal
the falsetto for "I don't know"
"Dad, gone it, baby"

Pretty much an impossible task, trying to pick stuff for this. What with the beatboxing, adlibbing and just the general way he sings and uses his voice, I hardly know where to start. Had fun trying, though, lol.

In the end I left out the adlibbing, even though a lot of it is my fave stuff from Michael. There was too much of it and I turned out to be rubbish at trying to describe a lot of it.
If I was going to include instrumentation I would add these to the list:

1 - 'Is It Scary'
all of the beatboxing
the piano, especially right at the end

2 - 'Walk Right Now' and 'Your Ways'
all of the percussion from the awesome Paulinho da Costa

Ain't nothing like the real thing - "oh I got your picture hanging on my wall but it can't see or come to me when I call your name, I realize it's just a picture in a frame!" How it is such in sweet little Michael voice is perfection

Can you feel it - "all the colors of the world should be loving each other whole heartedly, yes it's all right, take my message to your brother and tell him twice" I love this part and it seems a lot of people like it two, I just like how he gives it his all and it is placed on top of a the guitar riff

You are not alone - "Whisper three words and I'll come running and girl you know that I'll be there, I'll be there!" The way he sings it so smoothly melts my heart

Off the wall - "groove, when the madness in the music got to you, life ain't so bad at all when you live it off the wall!" "
"Do what you want to do There ain't no rules it's up to you, It's time to come alive And party on right through the night!" He gets the message across in a smooth way

Good thread but I’m not going to include well over 100 tracks plus lyrics for this 😱
oh, come on, f&m! You are BRILLIANT at this sort of thing. Absolutely brilliant. Better than me, lol.

Please! Pretty please!

I do sympathise. My list is really boring cos once I started to try to put it together I realised how completely crazy it is. I really wanted to nominate entire albums. Then I wanted to list entire songs, not just a few moments from a particular song. Then my favourite stuff is mostly the ad libs and what I call 'vocalisations'. But there is SO much. How to choose? And then, how to describe those sounds? How many time stamps would I need?

The whole thing was sort of collapsing even as I was trying to do it. Although, the people upthread seem to have managed just fine. I really enjoyed reading all 9 pages of comments which is why I bumped the thread. It was only when I tried to do my own list that it fell apart. I like Superfan's list, it was more interesting than my own, lol.

You can see my list includes Walk Right Now and Your Ways. They are only there because of you. You pointed me towards the Triumph tour. Decided to follow your suggestion, had a look at Memphis, everything changed. I'm not joking. Everything changed. Then you flagged up Walk Right Now, I checked it out, my mind exploded. Got the CD, found Your Ways. So happy!

Please! Pretty please!

How about if you just do 10%? Go on, I dare you, lol.

"We can do it, we can do it, we can work it out, work it out, work it work it work it out"

Back