I need you

Lark

Proud Member
I am so cold and empty inside, there is just a big cold cave of dark emptiness. Been like this since yesterday. I can't reach Micheal's light, I need to find it through you, MJFam.
Can't feel anything, can't even dance :(

I am exactly like you. I am so cold and empty inside, and this since June 26 2009.
And all that I could say is that it is not only you and me, but many of MJ fans would be in this state. We are in the night without lighting. The world is no longer as before, because Michael is not there among us :cry:

Tonight I have no word to comfort you. Worse is that I have anything but a video that would make you cry. But I like this video, I like this song. I love Michael’s voice when finally he sings : “I need you, I want you…”. His nephews sing well, but Michael’s singing is incomparable, so powerful and profound. His voice is something from the heaven. I turn up the sound when Michael sings, and I close my eyes… I am hopelessly sad, I cry, but I feel something that warms me and fills me inside. That’s Michael. :closedeyes:

This is for you, my dear friend Lark :flowers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIoRD77z14k&feature=related

Thank you Latetiia! I have never heard that song before, hearing his voice and seeing some of the pictures brought some warmth back to my heart. Then I saw some of the other videos pop up and re-watched some of the ones that show Michael visiting the children in hospital and orphans. AND One of my favorite MJ stories is when he volunteered at n event for children at Christmas and it was very hot, and he gave out gift bags. I found footage of this event and I had never seen it before.

Thank you for showing me this today, it lead me towards some light. It has been a hard few days and sometimes I need you all to show me where the light is.

:heart: Lark

You have no idea just how empty it is been for me. Up until that horrible day. Michael was my main source of joy. All the other things that I like. Like astronomy and Bollywood I can't seem to find that much joy in them anymore. Mainly because they remind me of Michael way too much. I am still trying to find the one thing that gave me as much joy as Michael did. And that is something I don't think I am ever going to find. Unless God finally decides to stopped torturing me. And just end my life already so I can finally go and be with Michael. It is the only way I can truly be happy again.:( And lately because of how bad my depression over him has been lately. It's been like 3 or 4 months now since I last listen to him. And watching him is still totally out of the question for me. May of 2010 was the last time I had last really watch him. Bollywood has unfortunately since replaced him for me. It is the only the most closest thing to Michael that I have now. Where I can hear and see real talented singing and dancing. I most certainly can't get that with today's artist. Especially since I see them all as nothing but copy cats with no real talent what so ever.

Lark, I’m glad to hear you feel better now :eek:ldsmile:

When we feel empty inside, it seems like there is nothing that helps us. But it is not true. It is just a false impression. The fact is there is always something or/and someone letting you get back on the surface of an abyss.

Today’s song is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nI_WEHGv9kI (or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrEnN2W4imY)

By the way, the song "I need you" has been written by Michael. This means there is another version in which Michael sings the whole song by himself without 3T. One of my dreams is to listen to it one day. :blush:

By the way, the song "I need you" has been written by Michael. This means there is another version in which Michael sings the whole song by himself without 3T. One of my dreams is to listen to it one day. :blush:

Me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Michael: Wub:for ever !!!

MJsBollywoodGirl,

I read some of your recent posts on other threads. Since then, I think a lot of you. Because I’d like to do something for you if possible. I cannot stand the fact that you are locked in a world without light for over than three and a half years.

As we all know, it is not easy to find a miracle-solution, but it may come, believe me. In the past, I've always managed to help people in distress, which was my work, but I used to do the same in my everyday life with everybody.

What is not 'normal' in your case, or in other words, what is different from major cases of depression caused by the loss of a beloved person, is that in your case your pain does not diminish with time, we might even say it’s getting worse. Generally, in a process of self-healing, there is always improvement over time. A year later, two years later, three years after the event, people get to manage better.

I did a little analysis from ‘few things’ I had read. It’s quite possible that I am wrong. Because my knowledge about you is very limited. It’s also possible I would say something that would hurt you, despite of my intention. It could happen that you cannot understand what I intend to say, because of my poor English skill. Nevertheless, I try to tell you what I thought.

It seems that deep in yourself, or more exactly, in your unconsciousness, there might be a refusal to get out of your grievances. (Excuse-me if I’m wrong. I thought about this as a possibility, that's all.) It is not impossible that you don’t really want to get out of your current state : depression, hopelessness, sorrows, grieves, pains... In other words, you’re not so unhappy with what you’re.

If so, it means you’re okay with yourself, and that’s not as bad as we think in general. At least you are in peace with yourself, even if you got other problems.

I think it is important to be agreed with oneself, whatever might be the situation. Because, at least, you have not really lost yourself, you have not destroyed yourself. For example, even if one feels unhappy, but if he or she accepts the fact, there is no real problem. Problems appear only when you don’t agree with situation, and that you want to get out of, to change the situation or yourself, but that you are not able to manage it despite of your will and effort. Do you understand what I’m trying to say? I feel like poorly expressed.

Just one question I’d like to ask you is whether you wish change something, or not as much, for the moment.

If you want to change, if you cannot stand your current life, so we are going to find a solution. But if you’d like to stay for a while – not forever – with what you are right now, we may think it is not yet time to go ahead, and if so, you need more time to be ready, but sooner or later, you’ll do nothing but move ahead, you won’t stay there you are, that’s life. You have your strength inside yourself, even if you are not aware of, and your inner forces are not lost, there is just something that prevents them to come out, and it seems like it’s you who do. (As I’ve said already, I think of this as a possibility. The truth might be something else.)

We need the time that suits each of us. Each person has his needs. I think you need more time than others. But surely you will go out of darkness and find light here on earth and you will again be able to listen to his music, watch his dance and communicate with him in your heart, not somewhere else you are referring, but here on our planet. Believe in your inner strengths. Maybe light would not be so far.

As we all know, our universe is in a constant evolution from the beginning. It is still in evolution and it will be, with everything in it, including us. The Universe needed billions of years to reach its current state. But we don’t need billions of years to change ourselves. ;D

I have not studied astronomy in a faculty of science. But my professor of philosophy directed me to scientific studies, such as astronomy, biochemistry and biology. My favorite reading was in the field of the evolution of the Universe and of the living species : Henri Bergson, Pierre Teilhard de Chardin, Claude Tresmontant :) It's not only music or art which heal us, but also scientific and philosophical studies. Right? ;D

Do not feel obliged to answer. Finding an answer to the question would not be so easy, because it would be hidden in your unconsciousness and in addition, it could not be black or white.

I wrote all this, just because I wish something changing in you. Because, by reading your posts, I didn't feel you are in peace with yourself or your current state, but you suffer a lot.

You have no idea just how empty it is been for me. Up until that horrible day. Michael was my main source of joy. All the other things that I like. Like astronomy and Bollywood I can't seem to find that much joy in them anymore. Mainly because they remind me of Michael way too much. I am still trying to find the one thing that gave me as much joy as Michael did. And that is something I don't think I am ever going to find. Unless God finally decides to stopped torturing me. And just end my life already so I can finally go and be with Michael. It is the only way I can truly be happy again.:( And lately because of how bad my depression over him has been lately. It's been like 3 or 4 months now since I last listen to him. And watching him is still totally out of the question for me. May of 2010 was the last time I had last really watch him. Bollywood has unfortunately since replaced him for me. It is the only the most closest thing to Michael that I have now. Where I can hear and see real talented singing and dancing. I most certainly can't get that with today's artist. Especially since I see them all as nothing but copy cats with no real talent what so ever.

Please do not mock my pain by telling my I "Have no idea". It is insulting.

When we feel empty inside, it seems like there is nothing that helps us. But it is not true. It is just a false impression. The fact is there is always something or/and someone letting you get back on the surface of an abyss.

This is exactly why I came here, I knew I needed to see a way that was there but couldn't find. I am still having a really hard time feeling really empty, but knowing you are here helps :) Thank you for catching me :heart: I still need you but you are giving me what I need to get through the day.

Lark

laeticia.fr;3801012 said:
MJsBollywoodGirl,

I read some of your recent posts on other threads. Since then, I think a lot of you. Because I’d like to do something for you if possible. I cannot stand the fact that you are locked in a world without light for over than three and a half years.

As we all know, it is not easy to find a miracle-solution, but it may come, believe me. In the past, I've always managed to help people in distress, which was my work, but I used to do the same in my everyday life with everybody.

What is not 'normal' in your case, or in other words, what is different from major cases of depression caused by the loss of a beloved person, is that in your case your pain does not diminish with time, we might even say it’s getting worse. Generally, in a process of self-healing, there is always improvement over time. A year later, two years later, three years after the event, people get to manage better.

I did a little analysis from ‘few things’ I had read. It’s quite possible that I am wrong. Because my knowledge about you is very limited. It’s also possible I would say something that would hurt you, despite of my intention. It could happen that you cannot understand what I intend to say, because of my poor English skill. Nevertheless, I try to tell you what I thought.

It seems that deep in yourself, or more exactly, in your unconsciousness, there might be a refusal to get out of your grievances. (Excuse-me if I’m wrong. I thought about this as a possibility, that's all.) It is not impossible that you don’t really want to get out of your current state : depression, hopelessness, sorrows, grieves, pains... In other words, you’re not so unhappy with what you’re.

If so, it means you’re okay with yourself, and that’s not as bad as we think in general. At least you are in peace with yourself, even if you got other problems.

I think it is important to be agreed with oneself, whatever might be the situation. Because, at least, you have not really lost yourself, you have not destroyed yourself. For example, even if one feels unhappy, but if he or she accepts the fact, there is no real problem. Problems appear only when you don’t agree with situation, and that you want to get out of, to change the situation or yourself, but that you are not able to manage it despite of your will and effort. Do you understand what I’m trying to say? I feel like poorly expressed.

Just one question I’d like to ask you is whether you wish change something, or not as much, for the moment.

If you want to change, if you cannot stand your current life, so we are going to find a solution. But if you’d like to stay for a while – not forever – with what you are right now, we may think it is not yet time to go ahead, and if so, you need more time to be ready, but sooner or later, you’ll do nothing but move ahead, you won’t stay there you are, that’s life. You have your strength inside yourself, even if you are not aware of, and your inner forces are not lost, there is just something that prevents them to come out, and it seems like it’s you who do. (As I’ve said already, I think of this as a possibility. The truth might be something else.)

We need the time that suits each of us. Each person has his needs. I think you need more time than others. But surely you will go out of darkness and find light here on earth and you will again be able to listen to his music, watch his dance and communicate with him in your heart, not somewhere else you are referring, but here on our planet. Believe in your inner strengths. Maybe light would not be so far.

As we all know, our universe is in a constant evolution from the beginning. It is still in evolution and it will be, with everything in it, including us. The Universe needed billions of years to reach its current state. But we don’t need billions of years to change ourselves. ;D

I have not studied astronomy in a faculty of science. But my professor of philosophy directed me to scientific studies, such as astronomy, biochemistry and biology. My favorite reading was in the field of the evolution of the Universe and of the living species : Henri Bergson, Pierre Teilhard de Chardin, Claude Tresmontant :) It's not only music or art which heal us, but also scientific and philosophical studies. Right? ;D

Do not feel obliged to answer. Finding an answer to the question would not be so easy, because it would be hidden in your unconsciousness and in addition, it could not be black or white.

I wrote all this, just because I wish something changing in you. Because, by reading your posts, I didn't feel you are in peace with yourself or your current state, but you suffer a lot.

You may not believe it, but I think this is very well expressed! It heals me to read too, even though it was intended for MJsBollywoodGirl. I hope more people will read this and benefit from it.

You once told me that you don't think you have many similarities with Michael, and again I must disagree! You are caring, warm, intelligent, observant, and dedicated to kindness.

You really DID show me Michael's light!:bow:

Lark

Last edited:
MJsBollywoodGirl7;3800791 said:
You have no idea just how empty it is been for me. Up until that horrible day. Michael was my main source of joy. All the other things that I like. Like astronomy and Bollywood I can't seem to find that much joy in them anymore. ...

Lark0016;3801089 said:
Please do not mock my pain by telling my I "Have no idea". It is insulting.

I understand your feelings, Lark, but we may understand otherwise MJsBollyWoodgirl’s words, you know. I felt her pain through, I felt she suffered so much. When people tell you like “You have no idea” or “You don’t understand me!!”, other things might be hiding behind, like “Understand me!” “I need you are aware of my pain”… Sometimes it is a cry of despair, a cry for help, misspoken or camouflaged… :mello:

Lark0016;3801171 said:
You may not believe it, but I think this is very well expressed! It heals me to read too, even though it was intended for MJsBollywoodGirl. I hope more people will read this and benefit from it.

You once told me that you don't think you have many similarities with Michael, and again I must disagree! You are caring, warm, intelligent, observant, and dedicated to kindness.

You really DID show me Michael's light!:bow:

Lark

Thank you for all your compliments. But I'm not an angel, you know ;D, I'm only human like everybody :cheeky:

I have some lines to add about the refusal of healing.

I do have this refusal in me, but in my case, this is not at unconscious level, but rather a will or a wish, something fully conscious. I always hear in me a voice saying : “ Keeping grieve is a proof of my love for Michael”. So I prefer keeping my depressive mood to doing well as if three and a half years were sufficient for me to ‘accept’ the death of our beloved Michael.

In my case, my refusal of healing is conscious, while my wish of healing is unconscious. This might be a bit contradictory as expression, but I can say I know what is in my subconscious. I also know that my unconscious wish of healing is stronger than my refusal of healing. This is just my biological instinct of survival. In my previous post, I wrote I was only human, but now I should tell you I’m only an animal ;D

I understand your feelings, Lark, but we may understand otherwise MJsBollyWoodgirl’s words, you know. I felt her pain through, I felt she suffered so much. When people tell you like “You have no idea” or “You don’t understand me!!”, other things might be hiding behind, like “Understand me!” “I need you are aware of my pain”… Sometimes it is a cry of despair, a cry for help, misspoken or camouflaged…

Even though I see what you're saying and you are probably right, I wanted to be clear and precise about why this hurt me so that she won't do this to me again. I was already hurting enough and still am-- enough for me to come here and ask for help, something totally against my nature. I feel ashamed that I had to, but I know you all know the feeling when you need love like air and you can't breathe. I am beginning to trust that this is a safe place for me to reach out. We all feel this pain, and I know how she feels too. But I would never use what I am feeling to shame another persons pain, and I don't want it done to me.

Please forgive my bluntness, but when I am hurting I must be clear about what I'm feeling and my needs to protect myself.

I do have this refusal in me, but in my case, this is not at unconscious level, but rather a will or a wish, something fully conscious. I always hear in me a voice saying : “ Keeping grieve is a proof of my love for Michael”. So I prefer keeping my depressive mood to doing well as if three and a half years were sufficient for me to ‘accept’ the death of our beloved Michael.

I thought about this recently and wondered if anybody here felt this. It was the quickest thought that passed through my mind and left. I shared my feelings about this in another post as well. For me, I am so different. I NEED healing so bad, so much I would come here and ask for it. I want to heal faster then I can. Imagine me in bed with broken bones watching everybody play outside in the sunshine. I want to say "I'm better, I'm better.Just let me go out and play". I can even make myself believe I am fine because I want to heal so much. But I try, and suddenly CRASH. It all comes down so hard and all I feel is the emptiness.And I wonder, when will I get there? For I know that there is no separating myself with Michael, he s a part of me, and healing won't change that. In fact I believe that by healing, I can also help to heal Michael's pain.

I say this because I still think Michael is sad about the pain that is felt all around the world, and he suffers with us as he did in his life. But I think he feels the joy too. Do I sound crazy? I imagine a big scale, with joy on one side and pain on the other and Michael seeing and feeling it all. I want to tip the scale towards joy for him.

But getting there is really hard.

:better: to Lark.

Yep, some days you're really stuck, right. I tend to 'hide' now... Plunge into watching TV or just sleeping and blocking the whole damn thing cause I'm tired of hurting :blush:

We all have our ground to stand on now :blush: but know Lark that this is the SAVE place to fall apart... To let it all out... To gain energy and strength again to face another 'pointless' day :smilerolleyes: and just try to make it into one where Michael could be proud of cause you reached out and showed your 'strength' in your 'weakness' :mello:

:friends:

Lark0016;3801487 said:
... I NEED healing so bad, so much I would come here and ask for it. I want to heal faster then I can. Imagine me in bed with broken bones watching everybody play outside in the sunshine. I want to say "I'm better, I'm better.Just let me go out and play". I can even make myself believe I am fine because I want to heal so much. But I try, and suddenly CRASH. It all comes down so hard and all I feel is the emptiness.And I wonder, when will I get there? ...

Unlike you, I never wanted to fast healing. This is not because I prefer keeping grieve to prove my love for Michael, no, not at all. Simply, I'm in no hurry. I don’t push me. I let time doing in my favor. And the fact is that time really works for me, sometimes even independently of my will.

For me, it is not important to heal fast or slowly. I know I will eventually heal, even though I have no idea how long I need yet. Anyway I will be doing well, I know that. So why should I hurry? Why should I make an effort that would be against nature and time? I let things evolve naturally, I take time as much as necessary, at least if it’s me. But to others persons, my position is quite different. I tend to accelerate the healing of others. I try to do everything I can, if they need help, if they wish healing.

laeticia.fr;3801584 said:
Unlike you, I never wanted to fast healing. This is not because I prefer keeping grieve to prove my love for Michael, no, not at all. Simply, I'm in no hurry. I don’t push me. I let time doing in my favor. And the fact is that time really works for me, sometimes even independently of my will.

For me, it is not important to heal fast or slowly. I know I will eventually heal, even though I have no idea how long I need yet. Anyway I will be doing well, I know that. So why should I hurry? Why should I make an effort that would be against nature and time? I let things evolve naturally, I take time as much as necessary, at least if it’s me. But to others persons, my position is quite different. I tend to accelerate the healing of others. I try to do everything I can, if they need help, if they wish healing.

NOW, this is an AWESOME post :clap: Thanks Laeticia :ciao:

Indeed, TIME is of no essence and no value... I have days that I feel healed and I do the stuff like I did before... Numbed or not... Then, something silly happens and you're all in tears again :cry:

So, I'm so GRATEFUL we still have this place to come and crash and of course support and lift each other up too... :punk:
ONE thing that stands out in the whole grief circle is SCHEDULE... takes away the constant nagging pain if you have GOALS and STUFF to do... :blush:

Have a GREAT Sats, you all :friends:

Daryll748;3801782 said:
Indeed, TIME is of no essence and no value... I have days that I feel healed and I do the stuff like I did before... Numbed or not... Then, something silly happens and you're all in tears again :cry:

:flowers: It is like the arrival of spring. Even in the middle of February, we could have sunny days with the temperature rising to 20°C. We feel good. We have the impression that winter is over and the spring came earlier than previous years. No, it was an illusion. Immediately after, again the sky is overcast and the rain is ready to come. Indeed, it rains for three consecutive days. After that, the sun comes back again. We believe it is spring now, but it’s still an illusion. Because a few days later, the rain is back, the temperature drops and worse, the rain turns to snow during the night. The temperature is below zero, You catch the flu…

Nevertheless, during this serie of steps ahead followed by a few steps back, something is changing. Despite the rain, despite the wind, there is some change in the air. Even if you're not yet aware of, plants know that before you. Buds are beginning to form. Then spring arrives, not your imaginary spring, but the real spring ! the spring so expected during harsh winter months ! Animals in hibernation wake up and leave the nest. They are happy and in love. Soon will be the season of births of baby animals. Thus, the cycle of life, the cycle of nature. :sun:

Be patient. Have confidence. There is no winter which settles forever, even if you are living in the North Pole. :girl_butterfly:

Thank you somuch!

This is my fear I think, that I try to speed up the spring time because I am afraid I will get stuck in the winter and take root there. I don't want that! You are right to be patient, and perhaps this is a product f different cultures? In North America (Not sure if it is true of Mexico, but Canada and U.S.) long term suffering is a sign of weakness. The best people are the ones who go to work when they are sick, and put a smile on their face when no matter what. When a loved one dies, you are allowed a SMALL amount of time to grieve and you are expected to "get over it" quickly-- within weeks. If a person is in pain those around them will judge and think they are not strong.

I have been considering that perhaps the reason I want to be healed so much is because I can't stand to feel the pain, I am maybe not as used to pain and have a lower tolerance for it because in my country, we are taught to run away from it. Perhaps this is one of the reasons for addiction to alcohol and drugs. So I feel weak because I am feeling this way.

Because I have struggled with depression since I was a teenager, I have a fear that I will sink down int the winter and never see the spring, unless I keep running, keep moving and pushing for healing. I am afraid to be patient because what if the pain becomes my comfort zone? These are the thoughts running through my head today...

I am so grateful for all of your kind words and support :heart: I must go to work now (with a painful smile!) but I will come back soon

Love,
Lark

I think this is rather due to age difference. I learned a lot from my experiences. And with age I learned to be okay with myself. Now I don't like push myself ;D And unlike you, I am resistant to physical and mental pain since my childhood. My tolerance is relatively high.

Lark0016;3801898 said:
Because I have struggled with depression since I was a teenager, I have a fear that I will sink down int the winter and never see the spring, unless I keep running, keep moving and pushing for healing. I am afraid to be patient because what if the pain becomes my comfort zone? These are the thoughts running through my head today...

Teenager’s depression is frequent. The principal cause is physical ( => due to rapid hormonal changes). You're no longer a teenager, Lark. (Sorry. That's the way I often talk to my daughter ;D)

‘Keeping running, moving and pushing’ is efficient only in right way. It is the same when you take drugs. If you take medication for digestion when you have headache, you can hardly rid of your migraine. Or, you take proper medication, but if you take it too much at once, you'll be sicker than before. Or, if right medication is taken in proper dosage, but taken too long term or too short, the expected effects will not be obtained.

I don’t know whether my way to talk helps you. Because I remain in abstraction and analogy. I have given no concrete and practical advice.

I may have confused you, I was trying to say that it is something I have struggled with my entire adult life, not my entire life. But I do not take medication, I prefer to continue working on myself and heal in a natural way. I think Medication can make us thing we are healing, but it can be an illusion.

laeticia.fr;3802117 said:
I don’t know whether my way to talk helps you. Because I remain in abstraction and analogy. I have given no concrete and practical advice.

It HELPS me cause it's 'wrapped' up :blush: I guess, WE don't DIGEST the ''concrete and practical" stuff well. It has too much CONFRONTATION in it... When it's wrapped in a story or 'comparison' we get the 'message' out of it... Well, at least I do :blush:

Last night, I FELT 'healing' and 'grief' washing over me... Saturday evenings are again "Movie nights" where I just plunge into the sofa for a Movie... I felt like watching "City of Angels" :wub: One of my fave movies and it's WEIRD that I 'perceive' story lines way different then before 2009...

I loved the 'lesson' in the movie...

It's about an Angel, Seth, that falls in love with a Doctor and wants to give up his 'immortality'... When, he finally does... The love of his life dies in an accident and he's left there in his grief... Though, he wouldn't change it... He savours the moments he had with her and he still 'enjoys' life he chose for...

Made me think of me exactly... :smilerolleyes: If I'd known when I was 11 that Michael would have been murdered when I was 37 :cry: I would still have fallen in love with Michael cause despite the pain... I feel blessed to have grown up with Michael as my rock, my guide, the brother I never had...

To make a long story short...
Grief and pain shouldn't overshadow the beautiful memories you have of your loved one :friends:

Daryll748;3802292 said:
It HELPS me cause it's 'wrapped' up :blush: I guess, WE don't DIGEST the ''concrete and practical" stuff well. It has too much CONFRONTATION in it... When it's wrapped in a story or 'comparison' we get the 'message' out of it... Well, at least I do :blush:

When we talk about healing from depression caused by Michael’s passing, talking about spring or time or nature would be okay. (But Personally I think we need more for MJsBollywoodGirl’s case). But if you are depressed because of financial problems, it'll be better talking about the way to get money.;D Or if you have legal problem, it'll be better to consult a lawyer. If you have health issue, you’ll see doctors. In those cases, we need concrete and practical advices or help, that’s what I meant. (When I left this forum in November without talking about my problems, I didn’t really need my friends’ support, I needed just my lawyer regularise my legal and administrative problems, and doctors for my medico-social problems.) As I do not know the nature of Lark’s problem, I wondered whether my abstract words are helpful.

Daryll748;3802292 said:
Grief and pain shouldn't overshadow the beautiful memories you have of your loved one :friends:

That’s so beautiful and this is true !! I loved it !!!

Lark0016;3802182 said:
... But I do not take medication, I prefer to continue working on myself and heal in a natural way. I think Medication can make us thing we are healing, but it can be an illusion.

If I talked about medication, that’s not to tell you need medication, no, not at all !! It was just an ‘allegory’ to talk about a proper way of healing. Indeed, it seems your ‘depression’ is rather ‘a depressive mood’, ‘a depressive temperament’ or ‘a pre-stage of depression’ or ‘early state of depression’. Anyway, it does not seem major depression which need specialists’ help with medication and psychotherapy. Because you told you were keeping running, moving, pushing to prevent you from going further into depression. If you were in major depression, you could do nothing but suffer in a painful passive state; you could not run, push or anything, you might be rather catatonic, apathetic or/and aphasic, you would have difficulties to communicate with others, be with others. But Lark, this is just my impression or understanding from reading your posts. In fact, I do not really know, I do not sufficiently know about you, so I might be quite wrong, that’s why what I tell you might be wrong or/and useless.

As for psychotropic medication, I am not an advocate of antidepressants, but I recognize their placebo effects ;D , and I know beneficial effects of anxiolytics for anxiety disorders. Sometimes, we need them.

l.o.v.e.

I think Michael captured how life is in Earth song.
There is life and death there are beautiful things and ugly things.
It comes and goes.
I see the dead elephant and man who become alive again as symbols.
I-we-couldn´t save that elephant or man but we can save other animals, humans from being killed in the future.
We can change the world

The elephant and man can also be symbol for life.
You can feel depressed,numb, wonder if life is worth to live but with time ,help from others-humans and animals,nature and time you can be healed again.

You’re right, MIST.
Helping and healing others is one of the ways of self-healing.
(But, of course, we do not try to heal others in order to heal oneself. Our own healing should be a non expected result, it should not be set as a goal.)

Earth Song always makes me cry.
There are so many reasons to cry. I’ve taken several months to write about them on another forum. Now I have no strength even to thinking about them, It's too painful and depressant, but I just want to mention that Michael’s last performance on June 24 2009 was Earth Song. You all know that, of course...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLhDJ5ygQ0Y

Sorry. I’ll make you cry with this video. :mellow:

laeticia.fr;3802369 said:
When we talk about healing from depression caused by Michael’s passing, talking about spring or time or nature would be okay. (But Personally I think we need more for MJsBollywoodGirl’s case). But if you are depressed because of financial problems, it'll be better talking about the way to get money.;D Or if you have legal problem, it'll be better to consult a lawyer. If you have health issue, you’ll see doctors. In those cases, we need concrete and practical advices or help, that’s what I meant. (When I left this forum in November without talking about my problems, I didn’t really need my friends’ support, I needed just my lawyer regularise my legal and administrative problems, and doctors for my medico-social problems.) As I do not know the nature of Lark’s problem, I wondered whether my abstract words are helpful.
l.o.v.e.

Well, I MUST stress that we are here to SHARE 'coping strategies' and here for a LISTENING ear ONLY...

If your 'symptoms' are tough and numbing enough that simply talking about it won't 'relieve' you from the pain/ Depression... Then by all means GO and SEE that Doctor who's qualified to HELP you... :D

I had a stomach and bowel infection:beee: again last week and reluctantly I had to call the Doc too for 'pain relief' so... :doh:

This thread SHOULD NEVER be taken as MEDICAL advice...
I just want to be CLEAR on that...

NOT to totally put a 'damper' on this HEALING thread... I just wanna add that I'm PROUD of you all... We're all coping in different ways and sharing how you FEEL can HEAL one and other :friends:

In my opinion, it's a token of STRENGTH to tell people how you really FEEL cause it's so easy to say "I'm okay" when you're dying inside :blush:

I guess, the FIRST BRAVE step to HEALING is telling people you're NOT okay... Being HONEST about it...

Like I said in another thread... Everyone has a 'cracked' heart... You just have to FIND the RIGHT stickers to glue your heart back together :yes:

For me, MJJCommunity :heart: is ONE of those IMPORTANT 'life saving' stickers :punk:

Daryll748;3802455 said:
I guess, the FIRST BRAVE step to HEALING is telling people you're NOT okay... Being HONEST about it...

Like I said in another thread... Everyone has a 'cracked' heart... You just have to FIND the RIGHT stickers to glue your heart back together :yes:

I agree with you. Awareness of your own state is the first step. The second would be making decision to ‘help yourself’ to heal, to get out of your state. Because nobody can force you to heal, and no one can heal you if you refuse. Next, or at the same time, to open yourself to others and to accept help from outside, that means, friends, family…, and if necessary, specialists in mental health.

Being understood and supported by caring and understanding friends is so important and helpful; in most cases, much more efficient than one-hour weekly therapy which costs between 50 and 150 €. (Needless to say ;D)

laeticia.fr;3802487 said:
I agree with you. Awareness of your own state is the first step. The second would be making decision to ‘help yourself’ to heal, to get out of your state. Because nobody can force you to heal, and no one can heal you if you refuse. Next, or at the same time, to open yourself to others and to accept help from outside, that means, friends, family…, and if necessary, specialists in mental health.

Being understood and supported by caring and understanding friends is so important and helpful; in most cases, much more efficient than one-hour weekly therapy which costs between 50 and 150 €. (Needless to say ;D)

:agree: Indeed, it's really necessary to go on a quest to find the RIGHT caring and understanding :friends: and sometimes 'tough' to 'delete' the ones who only 'prey' on you.. ONCE, you have found the RIGHT ones, you 'treasure' them with whole your heart cause as Michael once said... The ONLY thing people desire is to be LOVED... :wub:

I can back here after 100 years, the power from MJ fans still strong and pure.

(How I feel bad for have been away from you, guys..)

Well,

I can be repetitive, but is impressive, every time I read you, guys, I feel better.

I hope that any pain inside anyone here, can be fixed with all love of the world.

=*

I finally have some time to reply I have been trying to sneak on and post through work, but keep being interrupted!

Because you told you were keeping running, moving, pushing to prevent you from going further into depression. If you were in major depression, you could do nothing but suffer in a painful passive state; you could not run, push or anything, you might be rather catatonic, apathetic or/and aphasic, you would have difficulties to communicate with others, be with others

It is so interesting that you see this, because it is just the opposite, even though you are right. As some people here know, Michael and his music triggered a lot of feelings and memories for me last year. (Nothing like "repressed memories" because I hadn't FORGOTTEN anything) but I had been struggling with depression into adulthood and he helped me understand why. Lots of times I didn't even realized I was going through this, because there were months, and really years of feeling just... nothing. Sometimes, some weeks at a time I'd feel like I was in so much pain but mostly just nothing. No motivation, or anything.

No, I am trying to lift myself OUT of this. So you are right, I am trying and running but I always feel like I am right on the edge. I am still very much "climbing out of the pit" still climbing this steep and slippery wall, when I started this thread I had lost my grip entirely and was just praying that someone would catch me if I called out.

It is so hard for me to admit, because to be this way is the most shameful behavior, but I struggle with taking care of my life. I always feel like the state of my living space always reflects the state of my mind, and the last time I was able to keep it clean and cared for was in school. But even when it all looks clean and I've shoved all the mess in my closet, it is also reflective of what is going on in my mind! And honestly, I know I am getting somewhere because the way I was in the summer and fall... I had garbage everywhere (literally) I just sat i the dark and cried, barely ate or slept and there were dirty clothes everywhere.

This is why every day is a fight, I fight to chose to see the light over the dark every day, because I am not so far from being that way again, in fact, I am only a few steps forward from that. You are right, it IS a slow process but I want to be better, I want to live better and accomplish things and reach my potential and all this... but it is not easy. It is really really a struggle.

One thing is for certain, you all help me so much! You do, because I was feeling like I was all alone before. Some of this may be confusing, because I am talking about these things that are painful to me, and what does that have to do with Michael? Well, for me, everything. I know that you understand that too. A lot of the healing has started with finding out, what does all this have to do with my feelings for Michael? Why did he trigger such intense emotion for me all at once like that? The answers have taken time to find but have really pointed the arrows to what my problems really are. And when I find out what to do about them, I hope I can be rid of the darkness that has kept me down for so long.

Lark

Last edited:
Back