I want to encourage fans not to boycott the film "This Is It" and the album too

Should we boycott the film and album TII

• No!!!!

Votes: 151 96.2%
  • Yes?

Votes: 6 3.8%

• Total voters
Those who want to boycott the movie will end up regretting it. What a mesmerizing movie.

MJ is now a movie star.

Going back again tomorrow.

Those who want to boycott the movie will end up regretting it. What a mesmerizing movie.

MJ is now a movie star.

Going back again tomorrow.

yeh totally agree!

i mean ONLY 2 weeks in the cinema!!

and movies always look better on the big screen!
people WILL regret it if they dont go!

and also u cant keep blaming sony for everything.

MJ's gone
and the more viewings it gets at the cinema, the more it makes MJ look good too.

Some fans want to boycott the film and album and are loath to go to the cinema and not buy the album,

That is not true. You must be talking about fans from This-is -not-It. Nobody is boycotting the movie or is againts it. The are even watching it. The media is reporting innacurate information and twisting the fans true purpose which is to create awareness that the AEG people negleted Jackson's state of health which leads to his sudden death, and they want to drive the investigation into arresting Dr. Murray which is yet to be arrested!

I had watched the movie but I wont buy the CD because I have all the songs in there already

Last edited:
I think the so called "follower fans" who had the opportunity to meet Mj face-to-face according to their testimony are really cruel simple because they did nothing themselves concerning MJ's health. Instead they were happy to have a photograph with a man they claimed was "skeletal" and "Junkie". They are as much responsible as AEG. They are not better than anyone. I don't want to hear anything about "blah, blah , we wrote letters to express our concern". You saw the man face-to- face, one-on-one and said nothing; therefore don't come preaching to anyone and making some feel guilty. "Follower fans" are no heroes !!! If they claimed Mj was neglected because others were focused on the money, i also saw they neglected mj themselves (follower fans) because they wanted autographs.

P.S
Call me cynical but I for one thinks people are recruiting from mjjc and other fansite so that they can create their one fan site in the future. Ask yourself after the TINI campaign is over what will they do with their recuited members. MJJc founders better watch out; they are trying to steal year members for their own gain. This is just my opinion.

Last edited:
Haven't bought both the album and paid to see the film let me say this:
The album can be passed -- in fact I only bought it for the photos which, while nice, aren't spectacular. The 6 dollar iTunes EP would be better.

The film on the other hand is SPECTACULAR. See this film! See it now! See it in a big theatre with a huge sound system that rattles your bones. You will regret it. Believe me.

I can understand why people are hesitant. I went in with such low expectations. But my goodness it was a magical experience. I've never seen anything like it. It was like being there. It really, truly was.

I know michael was a perfectionist, and he might have been upset by something like this being realease but you know what: he had nothing to worry about. He was on top of his game. And in the end, Kenny Ortega made this film for us, the fans, no-one else. and it he did it for L.O.V.E.

I think the so called "follower fans" who had the opportunity to meet Mj face-to-face according to their testimony are really cruel simple because they did nothing themselves concerning MJ's health. Instead they were happy to have a photograph with a man they claimed was "skeletal" and "Junkie". They are as much responsible as AEG. They are not better than anyone.

Call me cynical but I for one thinks people are recruiting from mjjc and other fansite so that they can create their one fan site in the future. Ask yourself after the TINI campaign is over what will they do with their recuited members. MJJc founders better watch out; they are trying to steal year members for their own gain. This is just my opinion.

They only meet MJ a few times around 3-4 times for a short moment. How much can they do anyway? They wrote alot of letter to MJ to take care of his health and asked Karen Faye to help them to take good care of MJ. What else can they do? Nobody knows that MJ will die :-( so suddenly.

Ofcourse, these fans followed MJ and asked for photograph. What is wrong with that? Many fans did that as well and many people do that as well to many celebrities. As long as they are not threatening the celeb or try to harm them is fine. Photos, autographs and just talking to them.

Why would you think they are trying to steal members from other forum? They are just trying to promote their experince and what the believe. Their page will probably be shut down once Dr. Murray is arrested and the case of MJ's homicide investigation is over.

Btw, I'd just came back from TII premiere!

i mean ONLY 2 weeks in the cinema!!

and movies always look better on the big screen!
people WILL regret it if they dont go!

and also u cant keep blaming sony for everything.

MJ's gone
and the more viewings it gets at the cinema, the more it makes MJ look good too.

I blame Sony and AEG for only showing it for 2 weeks!!!! Why 2 weeks only!!! They should show it for a few more weeks, like a normal movie duration according to the public interest!! It's not fair!!!!

I blame Sony and AEG for only showing it for 2 weeks!!!! Why 2 weeks only!!! They should show it for a few more weeks, like a normal movie duration according to the public interest!! It's not fair!!!!

Dont worry: if public reaction is strong it will be around for a while.

They only meet MJ a few times around 3-4 times for a short moment. How much can they do anyway? They wrote alot of letter to MJ to take care of his health and asked Karen Faye to help them to take good care of MJ. What else can they do? Nobody knows that MJ will die :-( so suddenly.

Ofcourse, these fans followed MJ and asked for photograph. What is wrong with that? Many fans did that as well and many people do that as well to many celebrities. As long as they are not threatening the celeb or try to harm them is fine. Photos, autographs and just talking to them.

Why would you think they are trying to steal members from other forum? They are just trying to promote their experince and what the believe. Their page will probably be shut down once Dr. Murray is arrested and the case of MJ's homicide investigation is over.

Btw, I'd just came back from TII premiere!

How lond does it take to say that tell someone to eat? years, months or weeks. They saw MJ one-on-one according to their testimoney. The were not Mj's employees and can't give the excuse that "i will be fired". These fans are hypocrites. They are comparing MJ's weight to his history tour, which i think is wrong. If anything, the have to compare it to his weight before he started the rehersal and not 12 years ago. If the "follower fans" ould put their greed for autographs aside to care for Mj why do you want the crew to cancel or postponed the tour? These "follower fans" are fake and they never cared for MJ's well being except autographs, which they know themlves equals Money . MJ autograph = Money. Therefore, in the end the follower fans are as guilty as the people that they are blaimin (AEG et.al) . As MJ will say "anything for money" but i will say "anything for autographs". Fake, Fake Fake !!!!

I purcahsed the album and tickets to the film to support Michael Jackson, not Sony not his family but to give my support to the artist who I loved.

HOPEFULLY with all this support it leads to more NEW material.

I purcahsed the album and tickets to the film to support Michael Jackson, not Sony not his family but to give my support to the artist who I loved.

HOPEFULLY with all this support it leads to more NEW material.

YES, this is what the true fans should do, to support michael's legacy. if there were huge demands, more new materials would come out for sure. I just saw the news a couple of days ago, the estate was negotiating with some publishers about mj's new books and also the new cds. I don't understand why some fans want to boycot michael's music, you are hurting michael's legacy. we all hate Sony and AEG, but michael's legacy is what we cared most. Don't forget michael's estate also gain profit!

You HAVE to see this movie, or you WILL regret it.
The movie is not gonna fail or not come into dvd cause you won't see it, so just go see it and see Michael being just so happy and in total control!

Totally agree to that!!!

and OMG!!! at ur amazing drawing!!!
i love art and i love mj!!
and i think its beautiful!!!

I refuse to boycott all this. They're just freaking hypocrites anyways.

How lond does it take to say that tell someone to eat? years, months or weeks. They saw MJ one-on-one according to their testimoney. The were not Mj's employees and can't give the excuse that "i will be fired". These fans are hypocrites. They are comparing MJ's weight to his history tour, which i think is wrong. If anything, the have to compare it to his weight before he started the rehersal and not 12 years ago. If the "follower fans" ould put their greed for autographs aside to care for Mj why do you want the crew to cancel or postponed the tour? These "follower fans" are fake and they never cared for MJ's well being except autographs, which they know themlves equals Money . MJ autograph = Money. Therefore, in the end the follower fans are as guilty as the people that they are blaimin (AEG et.al) . As MJ will say "anything for money" but i will say "anything for autographs". Fake, Fake Fake !!!!

Still those fans haver limited access to meet MJ. There are securities around and Mj is always busy as well. They are not working with him and can't see him anytime they like. If you have tried to get close to your favourite celebrities before you know how it's like.
I have meet and have autographs and pictures with a few celebrities that i really love and admire. I don't sell the autographs. I treasure them for live and give some to my friends if I have a few of them. I will give an example, I always meet Roger Federer the world no.1 tennis player when he come to my country for a few weeks for his tournaments. I talked to him with my other friends as well, but we still have limited compare to people like his trainer who work with him.
Those fans are not selling the autographs or anything. They could even sell their stories of being up close and personal with MJ during his last hours to tabloids but they didn't. They choose to give out their stories with the website they paid by themselves. They put a lot of effort to tell their part of story because they believe AEG should have done more to save MJ but they ignore his falling health. They are not boycotting the movie. I though they are against the movie in the beginning as well, but I understand what they are doing now. How could you say they are fake fans? You never meet them and you don't even know them.

Well fans are free to do what they'd like, but I don't see what boycotting the film is going to do. If the movie and/or album don't do well, it certainly wont help Michael. The media and others will just label him a failure as always, so the fans who think they're helping really aren't imo. Michael is gone and launching a boycott against this film or the album will not change that. I understand these fans concerns and they are right about saying that people should go see this with an open mind which I intend to do, but I will not be boycotting either the movie or the album at all. I will be seeing the movie several times and I already pre-odered the album. Hearing a clip of the "She's Out Of My Life" demo got me excited about it and i'm really glad now that I purchased the TII album.

"This Is NOT It" campaign really isn't helping Michael or his legacy, so I am not taking part in that. I wont be boycotting anything. I want the album and the movie to do well. I want Michael to go out on top.

Well Said :yes::clapping:

I just saw the film. I am so amazed by it. Anyway, I wrote a review in my blog if anyone wants to read http://starlight-wings.livejournal.com/

But I support this film 100%. I wasn't planning on buying the soundtrack, but I was so moved by the film just now, that I am on my way to buy the soundtrack even though I have all the songs already :)

Well Michael's middle name was exclusivity. That was his main business tactic. It made fans wanna BEG for more.

Prodyussery of film John Branka and Frank Dileo, film studio of Colambya Pictures, at what here SONY? Or I that did miss out that ?

I don't have energy to write a long comment for this but I will say boycotting the movie (to me) is just plain stupid.

moving on.

MJ FANS: Pls ignore the THIS IS NOT IT campaign.

Thank you so much for adding this link. I cannot tell you how many times and on different sites I've had disagreements with fans over the THIS IS NOT IT campaign. This group has really hurt Michael's reputation and his legacy. I wish that so many fans weren't so caught up in the message this group is sending. They don't care as much about justice for Michael, as they do about spreading false messages. Because of this, Michael's movie has only grossed $250 million, when by all accounts it should have brought in about $400 million. It's sad that people who call themselves fans would hurt Michael in this way. Go and see the movie. There is a wonderful message that Michael wanted to share with the world. Don't keep feeding the unproven theories. Michael will have his justice.

Pls read my profile:

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrsMJ2007

Down with tini!

I think the so called "follower fans" who had the opportunity to meet Mj face-to-face according to their testimony are really cruel simple because they did nothing themselves concerning MJ's health. Instead they were happy to have a photograph with a man they claimed was "skeletal" and "Junkie". They are as much responsible as AEG. They are not better than anyone. I don't want to hear anything about "blah, blah , we wrote letters to express our concern". You saw the man face-to- face, one-on-one and said nothing; therefore don't come preaching to anyone and making some feel guilty. "Follower fans" are no heroes !!! If they claimed Mj was neglected because others were focused on the money, i also saw they neglected mj themselves (follower fans) because they wanted autographs.

P.S

Pascal09,
Love what u said and completely agree. I don't know if these people are really Michael fans. Just who are they exactly. They sound as ridiculous as those that keep claiming Michael's death was a hoax. Those of us that know better, know that MJ would NEVER leave his children for any reason. He also wouldn't hurt his fans. The truth is that he was taken advantage of by many people. But to accuse AEG or any of the people that worked with Michael of neglect and cruelty is just plain wrong! There is no proof they had knowledge of Michael having any ailments or dependency on medications. They didn't live with Michael. Besides, why didn't his family step in if they were so concerned? I'm not really sure if I believe what they say either.

Buy rhe movie, buy the CD.

Give family and friends MJ stuff for Christmas this year.

I watched the movie 5 times but have no interest in the CD.
I am not a collecotor and i'm not buying a cd with this little new material on it.
When the dvd comes out i will buy that instead.

I haven't seen the movie yet and I don't want to, until I recieve the DVD. I want to be surprised but I'm finding it so hard to wait, it's bad enough avoiding the spoiler threads in here or any threads discussing the movie plus resisting the temptation to check out the movie online. Why am I torturing myself like this? :(

I'm extremely disappointed in the fan community that this argument is still going on :(

Back