I WAS RIGHT - Jackson Brothers and A&E at the "AfterParty"

Disappointing and disheartening.

Just...damn. :(

I'm not sure who is making the decision in the family in addition to Katherine, BUT whosever idea it was to bring the casket to the memorial so fans and the world could say goodbye...Thanks. Whoever decided to let the fans and world have another goodbye by allowing the pre-burial footage and details....Thanks again. To all who agreed to put Michael in Forest Lawn in the Great Mausoleum where he will have peace and security whilst being amongst some of the ppl he admired....Great Job!!

But whoever thought it would be cool to profit from Michael's BURIAL in this way (releasing the DVD)....Foul. If it's part of the A&E show, well, I dunno. We know they were doing this show before Michael died. In all fairness, it made sense that afterwards, A&E would want to get some footage of the family to capture this significant moment in their lives. And with that MAY have come some exclusivity rights...which MAY have been the real reason why the live feed was cut, not necessarily "privacy". I'm conflicted on that, becuz no one could have anticipated MJ passing away and their A&E show just wouldn't have been complete without capturing the loss of Michael among them...IMHO.

Having said that, I feel releasing "exclusive" footage of the burial on DVD for profit crosses the line into CRASS-land. If they want to share the moment with the world, then share it thru the show. But to share it for additional profit...feels inappropriate, imo. And before ppl start comparing it to the TII movie, that's clearly different as MJ was aware that he was being filmed and consented to being filmed with the idea that footage would be released for profit at some point. In this instance, with the family, he did not consent to participate in the A&E show while he was alive. Why take advantage of the fact of him being in a position where he couldn't continue to object...and for the sake of profit? Not cool at all. There has to be other ways they can make money besides using Michael's corpse to do so.

3 out of 4 ain't bad, I guess. R.I.P. Michael.

I.Just.Don't.Know. :worried: Maybe this isn't true and TMZ has their facts mixed up.

Well....who knows how the powers that be have "spinned it" in order to get them to do it.... The producers/agents/writers might have sold the idea of including MJ's death in the reality show/documentary by saying, "Let's show the world how we celebrated Michael...." or "Give some of the money you earn from the show to MJ's favorite charities." or "The family needs your support now more than ever, since Michael is not around anymore" or however they may make it work for them.

Try not to judge to harsh and fast and let's pray/hope things get better for Prince, Paris, & Blanket, his close friends, and family that are trying to deal with their grief the best way they can.

This is one of the TMZ comments that I can concur with:

" 32. If the Jackson family makes money off by selling video footage of the funeral service of Michael Jackson..... it is too awful to even contemplate how awful that would be. Michael would have been devastated to be used this way. It would be like holding his body hostage. Please do not let this be true.

Posted at 5:12PM on Sep 4th 2009 by Anne"

Is A&E the reality show that's been talked about? Regardless of what the footage is for, it shouldn't be recorded in the first place. Shame on those that allowed it. :(

This blows. Using Michael to get people to tune in.

I love how we take "news" from a tabloid gossip site as gospel now....
I mean if this was earlier this year this would be in the tabloid talk section and most people wouldn't find it true....*sigh* i guess thats just the sign o' the times -_-

I dont have a comment regarding this even if it is true.

I am going to give the Jacksons the benefit of the doubt over TMZ until I am proven wrong.
The tabloids make a living off of spinning stories or making them up from scratch just to get hits/sell issues.

As for why they might have taped the funeral. I have no Idea. MJ always liked documenting everything in his life.
I'm not sure whether that's a common practice, b/c I have not been to too many funerals but my great grandmother's funeral was taped too for some reason.

I don't like to see them selling this, but I imagine Michael would say that if they can make money do it, after all he is no longer around to support them.

They are letting the side down, I always saw them as very dignified, and some of them are, but who are we to judge. They truely did love Michael I have no doubt about it.

I'm sorry but I have to disagree with your statement. Michael was approached earlier this year to participate in the reality show and Michael declined. Once Michael declined, A&E rescinded their offer and the reality show was history.

When Michael died, the producers of the reality show approach A&E again and say that they will refocus the reality show to show how the Jackson boys grieve/mourn Michael. That's the premise of the show.

So if Michael did not want to be a part of the show while he was alive, I think his spirit would disagree with this as well.

I don't like to see them selling this, but I imagine Michael would say that if they can make money do it, after all he is no longer around to support them.

im not surprised, i mean come on it was suppose to be a private funeral but there was still cameras and helicopters there...plus what is a+e, i thought that meant accident + emergency :/

A&E = Arts and Entertainment Channel.

im not surprised, i mean come on it was suppose to be a private funeral but there was still cameras and helicopters there...plus what is a+e, i thought that meant accident + emergency :/

If he knew the money will be attributed to his children, but we do not know how much of them will be...

I will watch the show first before I just put the brothers in a negative light. I mean this is the same media(TMZ) that destroyed MJs image. I remember at the memorial, Janet had a straight face and Marlon was the one that looked emotional. I think they are adding that into the show. It makes sense since they were trying for a Jackson 5 with MJ and since he isn't around anymore they can show some of the funeral. And the dvd might be for the show and not just the funeral. I believe 100% that the Jackson brothers are going to do things in a respectful way. I just don't see them as leechers or just profiting off of their brother.

I will watch the show first before I just put the brothers in a negative light. I mean this is the same media(TMZ) that destroyed MJs image. I remember at the memorial, Janet had a straight face and Marlon was the one that looked emotional. I think they are adding that into the show. It makes sense since they were trying for a Jackson 5 with MJ and since he isn't around anymore they can show some of the funeral. And the dvd might be for the show and not just the funeral. I believe 100% that the Jackson brothers are going to do things in a respectful way. I just don't see them as leechers or just profiting off of their brother.

you probably know how much i would it to be true, and as i posted before i would love the show to be the way to get the public attention to the death reasons and possible scenarios:scratch:

terrible, do they honestly think that we all wanna watch ?

well, the fact that Corey Feldman was invited to the funeral was enough for me . oh I forgot Rowe who called MJ every name under the sun and Brian Oxman who told the tabloids in UK about Blanket "real" parents .Well now we know who were Rowe and Brain's sources.

OK you were right, except Joe wasn't there lol. Another thing I'm scared of, is them showing the funeral. TV Guide Network reaired the funeral today and one of the host of the show made a very good point. Why did they have all of that lighting for what, 5 minutes of the family entering? They had everything for a huge production. And he also noticed from the helicopter view, the camera and broom (microphone) were still moving. So it they weren't done filmin after all networks were cut off from the feed.

I've been listening to Michael for so long now so this isn't a surprise.

"They don't care. They use me for the money." MJ

Why do people post to say "no comment"? how about you just dont post anything?
I would wait and see this show beofore coming to conclusions. tmz needs a headline so you never know.

I love how we take "news" from a tabloid gossip site as gospel now....
I mean if this was earlier this year this would be in the tabloid talk section and most people wouldn't find it true....*sigh* i guess thats just the sign o' the times -_-

Exactly! There is no confirmation wether this is true other than TMZ! Why not just wait, before condemning the Jacksons? And if it it is mentioned on their reality show, then so what? This is sad reality! If they are doing a reality show on them it's something that has affected their life and it's only natural that it's gonna be mentioned!

As for selling the funeral on DVD, well, no confirmation either! Let's just wait before getting mad at them!

I'm really getting sick and tired of people, partly for wrong reasons, critisicing the family!

OK you were right, except Joe wasn't there lol. Another thing I'm scared of, is them showing the funeral. TV Guide Network reaired the funeral today and one of the host of the show made a very good point. Why did they have all of that lighting for what, 5 minutes of the family entering? They had everything for a huge production. And he also noticed from the helicopter view, the camera and broom (microphone) were still moving. So it they weren't done filmin after all networks were cut off from the feed.

I said it before , the pics published were a teas to people , they filmed everything to show it on the new reality TV show, could you imagine how much they were paid for the funeral's footage , as for the kids not appearing , I bet they will appear you don't think that Katie is going to sue her children because they are going to show mj's kids , katie probably won't know they are being featured in the new DVD .

after I saw her yesterday sorry that woman is no way shape or form is taking decisions , SHE IS GREIVING , it is joe and the jerksons siblings who are running the show .

i don't want to condamn anyone, I'm just so confused and don't know what to think about anything anymore...just hope that in few days comming my mind will get back to earth and will be able to interpritise the things they are...but now it's too much of grief:(

Oh well. At the end of the day they are a showbiz family. Who are any of you to judge their actions? Are you in a showbiz family? No. Then you have no idea how to handle a situation like this.

Back