If you could have seen Michael record a song in the studio?

When I started reading this thread, They Don't Care about Us started playing in my head.

Good choice on Youtube you can find a video where Michael is in the studio recording They don´t care about us and he is even smashing things in the studio:)

either:
man in the mirror
human nature or
earth song...

I would also love to see
keep the faith
stranger in moscow or
liberian girl

I just love his slow songs..I'd love to see him concentrate like that and singing his heart out

We are all going to see some of the Invincible recording with Mike in the studio. Rodney has taped much and he is going to release it. So maybe we see Mike with Carlos Santana record Whatever Happens.
That's cool, but I'm not really that interested in watching 'Invincible' songs. Anyway Rodney had nothing to do with "Whatever Happens", so why would he have footage of that?

RJ was a co producer for the entire album. He may have not produced Whatever Happens, but he had access to sit in the recording of it

I would love to see him record SIM and Earth Song. The more I listen to the acapella versions of his songs that I have, the more and more I want to see footage of him recording. I can't believe there is virtually ZERO footage of that! I hope something gets released sometime in the future!

Show You The Way To Go
Tell Me I'm Not Dreamin'
Keep The Faith
All Night Dancin'

startin' somethin' without a doubt! especially when it got to the chant at the end. the energy must have been bouncing off the walls! I wonder how many takes it took, and how the song really ended beyond the fade out?

Arty;2123625 said:
Good choice on Youtube you can find a video where Michael is in the studio recording They don´t care about us and he is even smashing things in the studio:)

Prince Of Pop;2124983 said:

That video is misleading because Michael Jackson does not actually record ‘They Don't Care About Us’ in that.

That video was simply shot as some sort of a promo video that aired in an American big TV station back then.

Besides, Michael Jackson never recorded any song (for any of his albums) while smashing things in the studio.

DuranDuran;2123811 said:
Anyway Rodney had nothing to do with "Whatever Happens", so why would he have footage of that?

Because Michael Jackson asked Rodney Jerkins to document everything with his video cameras, irrespective of the songs.

"...I'll just say Michael asked me to document everything. And I did…" (Rodney Jerkins)

Apparently, this means that Rodney Jerkins documented everything, even sessions from songs (of that album) that he did not produce or co-produce.

Streetwalker and Just Good Friends. i love both songs. and i understand why Michael loved Streetwalker so much. awesome great songs. :D

Get On The Floor
In The Closet
Who Is It
Will You Be There
Smile
Stranger In Moscow
Earth Song
Speechless
Best Of Joy

"Don't Stand Another Chance". Janet & the brothers would have been cool to see.
]

Not quite the video but here's an view of what it was
a8dd2f2e355184e1f353bf19c1189ba7.jpg

All I Do (Stevie Wonder)
You Haven't Done Nothin' (Stevie Wonder)
You Can't Win (12" Version)
Push Me Away (The Jacksons)
Mirrors Of My Mind (Jackson 5)
If I Don't Love You This Way (Jackson 5)
Wait (The Jacksons)
We Be Ballin' (Ice Cube)
2300 Jackson Street (The Jacksons)
The Day Basketball Was Saved (Jackson 5)

For me it woyld either have to be during the Motown days just to look at an old school recording studio. The other session would have to be the HIStory one, especially Scream just to see him and Janet working in the studio together.

For me it woyld either have to be during the Motown days just to look at an old school recording studio. The other session would have to be the HIStory one, especially Scream just to see him and Janet working in the studio together.

Me too!!!

I think They Don't Care About Us could have been amazing.

Earth Song too. - Stranger in Moscoc, Childhood, Money and Morphine.

Back