If you had to pick...Xscape, or Michael?

XSCAPE, far and beyond.

I'll be legitimately shocked if anyone chooses Michael.

MICHAEL by FAR!

Okay, I'm just kidding...

Xscape!!!

Okay, I'm going against the grain on this one and choosing Michael.

As a project which honours MJ's legacy, of course I would have to go with Xscape. What they did with Michael was unforgiveable. BUT.... Hollywood Tonight, Behind The Mask and Much Too Soon are, IMO, stronger than most of the tracks on Xscape. Obviously, the album had its share of problems, but lets not overlook the six brilliant tracks we did get.

Last edited:
Okay, I'm going against the grain on this one and choosing Michael.

As a project which honours MJ's legacy, of course I would have to go with Xscape. What they did with Michael was unforgiveable. BUT.... Hollywood Tonight, Behind The Mask and Much Too Soon are, IMO, stronger than most of the tracks on Xscape. Obviously, the album had its share of problems, but lets not overlook the six brilliant tracks we did get.

I agree, I personally love the 6 Michael tracks (controversial ones aside) including the leaked DYKWYCA and STTR (which also happen to be Michael outtakes). Michael was more of a retrospective album in my opinion. Xscape sounds a lot more like a cohesive album, something Michael would've aimed for. They're both good, but Xscape has a lot more to offer.

Xscape... But ideal that if we had gotten the original versions of Behind the Mask, Hollywood, another day etc. then it would have been tough decision.

Xscape, the production.. the mastering, everything has been flawless imo. Would have loved if 7 of the song's from 'Michael' were on this CD though. Xscape is a classic Michael Jackson album. Every decision was done to pristine execution.

With 3 tracks not being from the man himself, that album is the biggest f*ck up to this incredible legacy of his... So because of that the songs on that album have no blessings and no magic from Michael in my opinion.

Xscape is created with 100% love and passion. The producers did what they thought Michael would've wanted. And they did there absolut best to make this a success.

So xscape.

Although I love HT, Behind the Mask, Much too Soon, Best of Joy, Another Day and I prefer Trickys version of STTR over Timbalands I still have to go with Xscape.

Xscape has some great songs, we get the demos and the entire vibe is completely different now from last time.

Last edited:
With 3 tracks not being from the man himself, that album is the biggest f*ck up to this incredible legacy of his... So because of that the songs on that album have no blessings and no magic from Michael in my opinion.

Xscape is created with 100% love and passion. The producers did what they thought Michael would've wanted. And they did there absolut best to make this a success.

So xscape.

So you're prepared to dismiss six perfectly good authentic MJ songs just because they share the same album as three fake ones?

Xscape, because they release the originals and because it does not contain tracks sung by an impersonator.

Xscape obviously, although there are some really good ones on MICHAEL that I love.

So you're prepared to dismiss six perfectly good authentic MJ songs just because they share the same album as three fake ones?

Honestly I would. 4 Songs we already had. Hold My Hand, The Way You Love Me, Another Day and Much Too Soon.
Those song are not even that strong. I have already listen more times to all the songs on Xscape then the songs from Michael.

Despite the flaws with Michael, as others have said, it does have some extremely strong songs on it. For that reason, I think it is too early for me to decide which I prefer. I will need to listen to Xscape more first. However, to be honest I think there are at least a couple of songs on Xscape that just don't cut it. And that's not to say the production isn't amazing - it's just that the songs themselves are not very strong.

Strictly looking at the 'new versions' I do prefer the 7 on Michael over the 8 on Xscape overall. They are still closer to the versions MJ left behind than the remixes on Xscape. But getting the demo's (and no fake tracks of course) is more important to me.

Teddy messin up "Hollywood Tonight" by trying to convert a tragic story into a positive one was pathetic... Not to mention the Cascio crap.

But having said that Teddy ended up doing a brilliant job of making a fake song sound like a MJ song. Also, for me Mc clain did a worthy job on Behind the Mask.

Incase of Xscape it does'nt even feel like MJ's music.

Im all for finishing and polishing musical parts on songs that are unfinished. But these new mixes are not for me.

So if I had to choose between the musical direction of MICHAEL and XSCAPE - I'd go for MICHAEL.

But having said that I do believe they used inferior material on MICHAEL and probably saved the better ones for XSCAPE.

Lastly, with regards to promotion- clearly XSCAPE wins.

Gonna be Xsacpe 100% but as i said on another thread, would have been AMAZING if they didn't rush Michael and they took the best tracks from Michael and put them onto Xscape was like this...

1/ Love Never felt So Good
2/ Hollywood Tonight
3/ Loving You
4/ Chicago
5/ Hold My Hand
6/ A Place With No Name
7/ Slave To The Rhythm
8/ Another Day
9/ Blue Gangsta
10/ Best Of Joy
11/ Do You Know Where Your Children Are
12/ Behind The Mask
13/ Xscape

Now THAT would have been insane Haha

But i am Overly happy with Xscape as it is :)

Sorry for asking, but why do you always talk about six authentic songs instead of seven? Don't want to bring back that tired topic, but is there a 4th song which you suspect to be unauthentic (seriously asking here)?

I would pick any album over Michael. That was such a mess I wish it never existed.

Sorry for asking, but why do you always talk about six authentic songs instead of seven? Don't want to bring back that tired topic, but is there a 4th song which you suspect to be unauthentic (seriously asking here)?

No, it's just that I never count The Way You Love Me as we already heard it before on The Ultimate Collection. And I much prefer that version as well.

I genuinely love all the other six songs on Michael though and I feel sad seeing how these brilliant songs have been tarnished by the Cascio tracks in the eyes of many fans.

Back