IJCSLY Single with "Don't Be Messin' Round" bonus track [Discussion]

I'm going to the store today to buy my 3 copies. Will they count as 1 sale if I buy them together at once...or should I buy them separately?

I seriously doubt this. The number of CDs is likely limited since people don't buy them anymore. Without airplay and digital sales it will be hard to even make the chart, let alone go to #1. I wouldn't get my hopes high.

The estate CLEARLY stated BILLBOARD SINGLE SALES CHART which is separate from BB TOP 100. Let's go for #1

Obviously, without AirPlay it cannot reach #1 on the top 100. But. #1 on the sales chart would be a great achievement to launch the revisited BAD era

Bieber's single is also selling for 1.88 at Walmart

Last edited:
it's impossible to get this release to number 1 without a digital download and airplay.
you only have a chance for number 1 if they doing it like they do this with perry, gaga, bieber(thanks god this shit song was not number one),...
buying thousands of donwloads (they get some money back later) and make it number one.
and if the single is in the top 5, people will recognize it, listen to it, and buy it. not if its around place 50 or 80.
I have no proove for this method, but people talking about this tactics. very simple, costs a few thousand,is a investment. but they profit much much more from this, so they dont loose anything. they win! 100%

and thats why nearly every shit song is number one in the charts. when u look back in history....
how difficult it was to get a song form 0 to number 1. michael jackson did that. the first one. and that was only with physical sales. no airplay or downloads. nothing was manipulated. but since they changed the charts to this stupid system, every shit song goes to number one. its a "cheated chart system". very easy to manipulting. fact

Last edited:
I'm really curious to see the Singles Sales chart just to see what singles are still being released for purchase these days. I don't think there are enough singles out there to fill up a whole chart!

Yeh most singles arent even released in some countries anymore so its hard for singles to make it in the top 100 let alone top 10

Estate: We've just learned that Michael Jackson's new single, "I Just Can't Stop Loving You"/"Don't Be Messin' 'Round", available exclusively at WalMart, is currently the top selling music title on Wal-mart.com and has a real shot at being #1 on the Billboard Single Sales Chart this week!! Sales will be counted 'til this coming Monday at midnight (local time in each market), so please urge everyone you know to grab a single at their local WalMart store or on the website, and let's get Michael's first single from BAD25 a #1 debut!! #BAD25

So great!!

I really really hope it will go to number #1 !

I'm going to the store today to buy my 3 copies. Will they count as 1 sale if I buy them together at once...or should I buy them separately?

You have to buy them seperately!!

it's impossible to get this release to number 1 without a digital download and airplay.
you only have a chance for number 1 if they doing it like they do this with perry, gaga, bieber(thanks god this shit song was not number one),...
buying thousands of donwloads (they get some money back later) and make it number one.
and if the single is in the top 5, people will recognize it, listen to it, and buy it. not if its around place 50 or 80.
I have no proove for this method, but people talking about this tactics. very simple, costs a few thousand,is a investment. but they profit much much more from this, so they dont loose anything. they win! 100%

and thats why nearly every shit song is number one in the charts. when u look back in history....
how difficult it was to get a song form 0 to number 1. michael jackson did that. the first one. and that was only with physical sales. no airplay or downloads. nothing was manipulated. but since they changed the charts to this stupid system, every shit song goes to number one. its a "cheated chart system". very easy to manipulting. fact

Again, you're thinking of the Hot 100 chart. The Single Sales Chart just counts sales of PHYSICAL CD SINGLES, no digital downloads. So Michael has a great chance of hitting number one again.

Again, you're thinking of the Hot 100 chart. The Single Sales Chart just counts sales of PHYSICAL CD SINGLES, no digital downloads. So Michael has a great chance of hitting number one again.

yeah, i talk about the hot 100.
the single sales chart still exists? where?
i only know the hot 100 (sales+downloads+airplay), digital songs (downloads), radio songs (airplay)

You have to buy them seperately!!

I don't know who told you that, but it's completely false. If you buy 3 of the same items in one transaction at a store, the inventory is decreased by 3. Therefore 3 sales are counted.

I don't know who told you that, but it's completely false. If you buy 3 of the same items in one transaction at a store, the inventory is decreased by 3. Therefore 3 sales are counted.

Really? - I've always been told not to buy many copies at the same time.

I was told to buy one at the time. - That's why I have always bought 1 at the time - and in different stores. :)

I worked in a record store once. its nothing but a falsehood that u have to buy them seperatly.

I worked in a record store once. its nothing but a falsehood that u have to buy them seperatly.

Nice to hear. That makes it a lot easier to buy many. :lol:

How on earth does a rumour like that start if it is not true?

Nice to hear. That makes it a lot easier to buy many. :lol:

How on earth does a rumour like that start if it is not true?

I think it morphed from needing each copy scanned at the register in order to count (versus the cashier scanning one and punching in the rest of the quantities.) I've worked at a couple of stores where punching in the quantity screws up the inventory count so maybe that affects the number of sales reported too. As long as each album is individually scanned you should be ok.

I think it morphed from needing each copy scanned at the register in order to count (versus the cashier scanning one and punching in the rest of the quantities.) I've worked at a couple of stores where punching in the quantity screws up the inventory count so maybe that affects the number of sales reported too. As long as each album is individually scanned you should be ok.

Ok. Thanks for the info.

Oh yea, I was confused thinking they are talking about the Hot 100. Though the singles sales chart isn't as important today, as you don't need to sell a lot to top it, it would still be nice to see MJ at #1.

Went to Walmart, they did not have the CD. Ordered my copies online instead.

I have it!!

2saza7b.jpg

Ordered the cd single version and the vinyl version from the michaeljackson.com site, I love the idea that I Just Can't Stop Loving You could be no.1 and receive attention in the month of June for Michael.

Went to Walmart, they did not have the CD. Ordered my copies online instead.

I hope you did not have to drive to another county like I had to. I ended up ordering on line too, but there is something exciting about going to the store on release day that is very exciting. I miss that!!!!

If you can, Get on twitter and help MJ fans trend: BUY MJ'S SINGLE AT WALMART

it all starts in 19 minutes

If you can, Get on twitter and help MJ fans trend: BUY MJ'S SINGLE AT WALMART

it all starts in 19 minutes

Don't have Twitter. :(

Hope all you that have Twitter will support!

Yeah I know.

But I have facebook. That's enough for me.

Ordered mine from Amazon, email today tells me it will be delayed as they are having a problem getting stock!!

Ordered mine from Amazon, email today tells me it will be delayed as they are having a problem getting stock!!

I guess they underestimated how well this would sell... even for a 25 year old single.

I hope they release all the original BAD singles on Physical CD..plus a banging left over for a 6th #1

Back