In your opinion - What is Michael's Worst Song?

I love Cry. The bass at the end is killer but it's mixed awfully. The drums could have had a lot more bottom end if it wasn't mixed with a 2001 audience in mind in an era of Nsync and Britney.

As for weak I would say Girlfriend, Don't Walk Away never did anything for me. Never understood the tracks chosen for Invincible considering the strong material he had in the can. Of course the label has say over the tracklisting and the artist only has so much power

Beautiful girl....i hate it i hate i hate it. The only Michael Jackson song ever in my life where i would change it or cover my ears & i really tried hard to appreciate that song but... everything about it is just...2000watts, shout, clhga, little susie & will you be there intros, l.s should've started with the little girl & will you be there should start from the 2nd choir intro. Wasn't really too fond of give into me but ive grown to like it. It used to be like who is it's evil twin to me (if that makes since to anybody), sooml had to grow on me. I wish he changed it on the bad & dangerous tour. Childhood as well had to grow on me & i love it to pieces. Ironically I have my phases when i might where a song out & get sick of it & then I'll come bk to it & it'll sound brand new again.

I love Cry. The bass at the end is killer but it's mixed awfully. The drums could have had a lot more bottom end if it wasn't mixed with a 2001 audience in mind in an era of Nsync and Britney.

As for weak I would say Girlfriend, Don't Walk Away never did anything for me. Never understood the tracks chosen for Invincible considering the strong material he had in the can. Of course the label has say over the tracklisting and the artist only has so much power
I love Cry too!

Wasn't really too fond of give into me but ive grown to like it. It used to be like who is it's evil twin to me (if that makes since to anybody)

I relate to this so much :laughing: I used to twin up She Drives Me Wild and Can't Let Her Get Away as well as 2 Bad and Tabloid Junkie. I can't really explain why but it just made sense to me, probably due to their placements on the album, their underrated nature, and a (kinda) similar sound.

If he has finished People of the World as a solo version it could have been absolutely fantastic- I love the demo.

Wish he would have finished that one too. The melody is fantastic.

I like The Lost Children as its one that MJ truly worked on from top to bottom rather than the majority of tracks on the album that were presented to him close to finish, etc rock my world and butterflies. You can feel the passion and inspiration on that one.

Surprised CLHGA is getting some votes as his worst, its a killer beat and I love the bridge.

CLHGA is great, but I feel it goes on a bit too long. That feels like a 3 minute ish song that's been stretched out to about 5 minutes.

A few of the tracks on dangerous were too long but it's very of its time that I ssue, artists filling every minute of the CD running time. If it wasn't filled with music it probably would have been filled with segues or skits such as was common at the time, ala Prince or Janet

Surprised CLHGA is getting some votes as his worst, its a killer beat and I love the bridge.
I think it should've been a slow song...imo i really wish he would've added joy. He thought it was too "mushy". I can't wait for the day to come when I hear his REAL version. Not the version teddy uploaded. I really wish he would've gave us the real track. How can you had talked to this man, produced him, was a friend & don't know his voice & don't remember the demo he gave to him to release. Man!

Can't Let Her Get Away

Can't Let Her Get Away is my favorite song on the album. On a few songs, I like a remix better than the album versions like In The Closet & Who Is It. Can't Let Her Get Away got quite a bit of airplay on R&B stations too. I still wonder why The Jacksons chose it to perform during their concerts in recent years. Seems kinda random.

I like The Lost Children as its one that MJ truly worked on from top to bottom rather than the majority of tracks on the album that were presented to him close to finish, etc rock my world and butterflies. You can feel the passion and inspiration on that one.

The Lost Children is my favorite song on that album

I know some fans criticize songs like TLC and HTW for being ''too sappy'' but one of the things I love about Michael is that he was never afraid to make music that would be considered ''uncool''

To me, Heal the World is like a crappy imitation of We are the World. They had similar chord progressions, similar melodies, similar structures and the same meaning. It's kinda like how For All Time is to Human Nature. CLHGA is similar to She Drives Me Wild, but SDMW is more catchy to me.

I can't believe Beautiful Girl is mentioned in this thread! I love this song! This is like my 4th favourite MJ song.

OMG I also can't believe so many people picked Girlfriend, it's such a nice song to me. If I have to choose, then Girlfriend definitely tops The Girl Is Mine.

I've always felt weird about You Are Not Alone. It's never felt like an MJ song and the production is very weak I feel. I love the song and its a great melody its just always felt like what it is, an R Kelly song covered by Michael

analogue;4308155 said:
I know some fans criticize songs like TLC and HTW for being ''too sappy'' but one of the things I love about Michael is that he was never afraid to make music that would be considered ''uncool''

Actually, his aim was to make thematically calculated music from the ‘BAD’ album onwards (i.e., to include songs with certain repeated themes).

For example, from the ‘BAD’ album onwards, he started a row of including socially oriented songs, like ‘Man In The Mirror’, then ‘Jam’, ‘Heal The World’, then ‘Earth Song’ with a more environmental focus, then ‘Cry’, ‘The Lost Children’.

Even on the studio album that he was working on with will.i.am in his final years, Michael Jackson was about to continue that row of including such songs (like, the socially oriented ‘The Future’ song).

This is hard to answer. I have thought about it a lot and at this time I would say Privacy and You are my life. Their are parts at the end of You are my life that are decent. I think the song could have been much better with different production. Privacy is just not appealing to me at all and sounds off.

CLHGA is great, but I feel it goes on a bit too long. That feels like a 3 minute ish song that's been stretched out to about 5 minutes.

Yes and for me, it's too "noisy", much like "She Drives Me Wild". I wish they had both been produced differently, with not so many urban sounds in them. I don't have anything against urban sounds, because I like them in other songs....I just don't like them so much in the two I mentioned.

I'm not sure if I've said it before or not, but "Morphine" is really the only song I wish did not exist in MJ's catalogue. I can't find anything redeeming at all about it, when I can at least find something I like, or some potential, in every other song.

Don´t agree.. Morphine is just mindblowing... The agressive guitar and raw angry vocals with that soft bridge.. omg... The best rock song Michael ever did... :) <3

lubyss;4308732 said:
Don´t agree.. Morphine is just mindblowing... The agressive guitar and raw angry vocals with that soft bridge.. omg... The best rock song Michael ever did... :) <3

One of his best and most creative song if you ask me :)

It's been a long time since I posted here, but I was just over on Prince.org and saw a thread discussing what the fans considered to be Prince's worst song; this isn't meant to turn this into an MJ v P thread as we've had plenty of those and this isn't meant to be a P bashing thread either.

I'm sure there'll be the fans out there who say that Michael's music is the best thing ever in the world and so none of songs are bad, but surely we must have our least favourites? Those songs that, when you hear them you can't help but see the colour red.

So I ask, in your opinion, which is Michael Jackson's worst song?

I'll go first

The Lost Children
or
You Are My Life

She drives me wild

I don't really have Michael songs in the worst category. There's just songs I get tired of hearing. For example, Bad, Heal the World and others.

For me it's a tossup between Just Good Friends, Can't Let Her Get Away and She Drives Me Wild. Out of those three i can't pick which one is worse lol

Last edited:
The hate people have for Just Good Friends, She Drives Me Wild and Can't Let Her Get Away is heartbreaking lol. I'd take those three songs over the majority of the Invincible album any day.

The hate people have for Just Good Friends, She Drives Me Wild and Can't Let Her Get Away is heartbreaking lol. I'd take those three songs over the majority of the Invincible album any day.

True! I love She Drives Me Wild. That's my jam! It's a good new jack swing. Matter of taste I guess.

That's just hyperbole. Every track on Invincible is superior to all three of those songs.

the worst track for me is: you are not alone.

next are: the ballads of the second half on invincible (I do like Cry though ;))

most annoying song: just good friends

That's just hyperbole. Every track on Invincible is superior to all three of those songs.
tumblr_nwygmmTLPt1stql8eo1_500.gif

Back