In your opinion - What is Michael's Worst Song?

Hmmm :sorry:

But I will have to say blood on the dance floor and stranger in Moscow.

seriously? Blood on the Dancefloor? that's one of Michael's Greatest songs, also it was his last number one in the UK. Stranger in Moscow is a completely Genius and perfect song, listen to those songs again.

I know it's everyone's opinion but I'm hurt by people who think Michael had all these worst songs over the years. as hardcore and dedicated fans we should love everything Michael gifted to us over the years. the memories, he isn't here anymore. and no other song released in the future will ever match the perfectionist he was whilst working on his songs and releasing the best for the fans.

I'd say the Cascio songs. It's not Michael singing in them, the producers involved wanted to sell them as Michael songs which was an unnecessary embarrassment for him and unfair for his legacy. It's true some songs I like them less than others but I wouldn't consider them bad ones.

Mod note: Zakk understand you like all of MJ's songs and I understand how it might be upsetting for you to see some of your favorites being called his "worst" songs, however, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and just because they do not enjoy all of MJ's songs equally, does not mean they do not love and respect him as much as the next fan. :) Please respect everyone's opinions as yours are respected and if this thread upsets you, best stay away rather than stir things up here.

Having said that, my least favorite MJ song has to be In The Back. :D

I know it's everyone's opinion but I'm hurt by people who think Michael had all these worst songs over the years. as hardcore and dedicated fans we should love everything Michael gifted to us over the years. the memories, he isn't here anymore. and no other song released in the future will ever match the perfectionist he was whilst working on his songs and releasing the best for the fans.

Michael has such a diverse catalogue that there are bound to be songs that people don't really like. It doesn't take anything away from Michael's genius as an artist. People just have different preferences as is evident from the songs mentioned in this thread - what some consider to be Michael's worst song, others consider to be his best. We don't have to worship everything Michael ever put out just because we're fans. It's good to be critical. I'm sure Michael was the same way towards the people he admired. I'm sorry that you feel hurt when people don't love the same things you love but you shouldn't make them feel guilty about it.

Last edited:
as hardcore and dedicated fans we should love everything Michael gifted to us over the years.

Even Michael himself didn't love everything he ever did. Realistically and objectively, you can't expect the fans to either. MJ was a hardcore perfectionist.

Pfft. I find any of Michael's songs to be categorized as the worst extremely doubtful. His songs are awesome, of couse there are some I didn't really listen to.

Even Michael himself didn't love everything he ever did. Realistically and objectively, you can't expect the fans to either. MJ was a hardcore perfectionist.

Also i think that most artist appreciate it more when their fans are honest with them and tell them when they don't like something, because if people just worship everything they do then how are they ment to grow and improve as artists?

If i was an artist and i put out something my fans didn't like i'd rather them be honest with me.

Little Susie.
Horrible/boring/etc.
Should not have been on History. Should have been cut or replaced with another up-tempo song.

I used to not like The Lost Children a whole lot but I've warmed up to the song in recent years. Caught myself singing to it a while ago. :lol:

2000 Watts, however, YEECH! lol

I'd say the Cascio songs. It's not Michael singing in them, the producers involved wanted to sell them as Michael songs which was an unnecessary embarrassment for him and unfair for his legacy. It's true some songs I like them less than others but I wouldn't consider them bad ones.

Well since they are Cascio songs, they don't even count as part of Michael's extensive catalog. ;)

Well, Yeah, there Is one. The Song Is, " Girlfriend ". Although It Neither Makes Me Red, Nor Disgusts Me, I Actually Don't Like It Very Much. -_-

It's quite honestly a challenge for me to pick a song I don't like of Michael's.
All his music to me is perfect,timeless,and simply beautiful.

However,the one song I truly cannot stand of Michael's was Just Good Friends.Not only hearing in the Bad25 documentary that it was thrown into the album and Michael,Stevie,and Quincy all didn't like the song and preferred Streetwalker,but also the fact that the song is just tacky and cheesy.It would've been a wiser choice to have replaced JGF with Streetwalker,imho.

Re: Michael's Worst Song?

Nonesense. When MJ released an album it became automatically a "best of" lol. Look at BAD for example, out of 11 songs, 10 were hits and only one was not released on video "Just Good Friends", but it doesn't mean that it was a bad song, but just radio not friendly.

As far as other songs are concerned, and as far as I am concerned, NONE of MJ's songs are bad or least favorite. When I listen too much to some of the songs, I switch back to the others, and so on.

Even the J5 and the Jacksons songs are all good. Sorry, but MJ's voice and style is so unique that he could record a song with an orchestra slamming the kettles, dishes, plates and the cuttlery in a subway station and sing random notes improvising the text, it would still be a good song. And no, I am not exagerating, I'd pay for such a song.

I agree, I feel the same way, I just can't label a MJ song as a worst or a cringe worthy song. I just don't feel any are. Thats just me though. If others think they are that's their thing. but when I see "Blood On The Dance floor" and stranger in moscow" In this thread, I'm like -_- but they are certainly allowed that opinion. Not everyone has the same taste in music. I could respectfully say my "least favorite MJ song". but I'm not tellin :p Don't want to influence anyone.

I don't think Just Good Friends is tacky... I used to skip that song but now I even dance to it :lol: I can see some considering it "cheesy" or cliché but tacky? c'mon. Plus the song that they chose over Streetwalker was Another Part of Me. May not have been Quincy or Michael's cup of tea but it made it to the final cut :yes:

Last edited:
I love Just Good Friends actually. Just a nice up-beat song. This is one of my favourite videos to watch, it always puts me in a good mood :)

[youtube]Y126PQnXl0g[/youtube]

tumblr_mh9a4jdtm71rhk2w1o2_250.gif
:nono: :p

I love Just Good Friends actually. Just a nice up-beat song. This is one of my favourite videos to watch, it always puts me in a good mood :)

For me Just Good Friends is about two legends coming together to sing a fun, upbeat song. Nothing more, nothing less.

No disrespect but i'm not into the song called "D.S". I know it has a real message but i just do not like the way it sounds. It sounds soooooooo long. In my opinion, it does not look good on stage either. The other songs i don't like are Privacy and 2000 watts.

Aww 2,000 Watts is great! Michael actually collaborated with Elmar Fudd on that song!

Maybe a bad choice of thread title, semantics-wise, however my least favourite songs are probably P.Y.T. and The Girl Is Mine.

The worst song, for me, is "Don't Walk Away", because it's too slow and that makes it sounds boring.

It's tough, because in each of the songs I don't like as much there is also something that I love. For example, I think Heaven Can Wait is generic, something I would have expected from any boy band at the time. But his vocals in that song are maybe some of his best ever! 2000 Watts is one I don't understand really... what exactly is supposed to be 3D? But it's got a great beat, very dancable. Liberian girl, I don't like the lyrics at all. Something about the lyrics just doesn't feel genuine to me, like they are a bit cheesy. But I love the music, the sound.

Lark

[youtube]Y126PQnXl0g[/youtube][/QUIOTE]

I am a big Stevie Wonder fan and was surprised at first that I didn't love this duet between them. But after some time, I realized it always puts me in a great mood! Now I love it :)

Lark

I would not say "his worst song", but the ones I like at least are Privacy & Cry.

Little Susie.
Horrible/boring/etc.
Should not have been on History. Should have been cut or replaced with another up-tempo song.
as there is something for everyone on all of his albums. Little Suzie is one of my favorites because it speaks to me so much, I love his original timing, the time he takes with the little girl's song, the sound effects of her little shoes, most of all I love that he cared enough to create it. It is one of the ones that makes me feel close to Michael.

Michael spoke in so many voices, we may not all understand them all, but each of us understand at least one!

Lark

Just another example of Michaels vast audience,

Tabloid Junkie
She Drives Me Wild
2000 Watts

There are few songs in Invincible which I love, to be honest. The Bad album is the best. :)

Back