Incredible lifelike Michael Jackson Thriller bust [Update] The Creator comments in our thread

Just finished this Moonwalker bust:
michael_jackson_lifesize_bad_era_moonwalker_bust_by_godaiking-d81ecf1.jpg

michael_jackson_lifesize_bad_era_moonwalker_bust_2_by_godaiking-d81ecra.jpg

I know people are probably sick of the same looks I use, but I really want to start on different Bad era looks. After this, Dangerous era in 2015. :)

WOOOWW, this is AWESOME! Gosh that really does look like Bad era Michael :swoon: By far the best sculpture I've ever seen of him! I want one :lol:

ETA: I hope you'll make a smiling Michael too some day :D:wub:

I've seen the Thriller, Billie Jean and Bad era models before.. and I must say once again.... these are incredible!!:clap:

I'd love to see a Victory era model!!;D

I've seen the Thriller, Billie Jean and Bad era models before.. and I must say once again.... these are incredible!!:clap:

I'd love to see a Victory era model!!;D

Sooo many different looks I can do for Michael. I really want to do a Smooth Criminal. I just need to plot and figure out what vendor to use for the clothes.

Also, if it's ok with the mods, I just started a Facebook page. Looking for likes and followers:

https://www.facebook.com/GodaikinStudios

Sooo many different looks I can do for Michael. I really want to do a Smooth Criminal. I just need to plot and figure out what vendor to use for the clothes.

Also, if it's ok with the mods, I just started a Facebook page. Looking for likes and followers:

https://www.facebook.com/GodaikinStudios
Good. I'm glad you did that. I told you this before, but I have never ever seen anyone capture Michael the way you have. It's almost scary-you're that good. Even the clothes and t-shirts look like perfect replicas.

And have you heard anything from your friends or colleagues? Do you know if the Estate or Madam Tussaud's is aware of your work yet?

(Whenever I get to go see the future Michael Jackson museum of all his stuff they have, I want to make sure you are the artist they use for the mannequins-for sure! )

Good. I'm glad you did that. I told you this before, but I have never ever seen anyone capture Michael the way you have. It's almost scary-you're that good. Even the clothes and t-shirts look like perfect replicas.

And have you heard anything from your friends or colleagues? Do you know if the Estate or Madam Tussaud's is aware of your work yet?

(Whenever I get to go see the future Michael Jackson museum of all his stuff they have, I want to make sure you are the artist they use for the mannequins-for sure! )

Thanks again for the kind words!

To be honest, I haven't yet. If I did have a chance for a museum display on these, I actually would refine the sculpt AGAIN as little details that are off bug me. Otherwise, the sculpt is spot on in my opinion, especially in person.

I really want to redo the Beat It look but the guy who makes the best "L'Amour" shirt currently has that project on hold. It sucks. I'll probably end up doing a Smooth Criminal display soon. Whether its a full size statue or torso display, I have no idea yet.

The reason why the Thriller looks so good is not only the bust but the jacket. I have a Marc Laurent J5 Thriller jacket that was made, supposedly, to Michael's exact measurements from the original Thriller jacket.

I'd love to see you attempt a remake at the HIStory album cover statue,but obviously as a real version and not in a grey color.

I know people are probably sick of the same looks I use, but I really want to start on different Bad era looks. After this, Dangerous era in 2015. :)

WOW!! It's beautiful!

Are you going to make the Dangerous Era face from scratch or use the Thriller life cast again and do some tooling to the nose etc? Would be great to see some WIP shots :D

Oh yes. I would LOVE to see work in progress pix. Also, Are you planning on going back with the Thriller one and create some for Off The Wall ?

Are you going to make the Dangerous Era face from scratch or use the Thriller life cast again and do some tooling to the nose etc? Would be great to see some WIP shots :D

Using the Bad sculpt to work with. Its like plastic surgery....but I don't have a degree!

Also, I have to shop for the right wig. I think I found a winner with the Bad era so I hope I have same luck with Dangerous.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Follow/Like me on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/GodaikinStudios

Last edited:
Oh yes. I would LOVE to see work in progress pix. Also, Are you planning on going back with the Thriller one and create some for Off The Wall ?

Honestly, the next bust I would do is Dangerous. I've been busy with another project (a Terminator 2 Battle Damage Stage 5 sculpt) that I haven't had much time to start on the Dangerous project.

And also, I DO want to do a Smooth Criminal next. I'll probably make that into a full statue but I gotta find the right vendor for the clothes. Anyone got any good leads on vendors?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited:
Using the Bad sculpt to work with. Its like plastic surgery....but I don't have a degree!

Also, I have to shop for the right wig. I think I found a winner with the Bad era so I hope I have same luck with Dangerous.

you're spot on with that hair. I stare at those curls and wonder how you got it to look like the real thing.

Honestly, the next bust I would do is Dangerous. I've been busy with another project (a Terminator 2 Battle Damage Stage 5 sculpt) that I haven't had much time to start on the Dangerous project.

And also, I DO want to do a Smooth Criminal next. I'll probably make that into a full statue but I gotta find the right vendor for the clothes. Anyone got any good leads on vendors?

Maybe you could try there:
http://michaeljacksoncelebritycloth...id=238&zenid=6f681b3b1743851a84fe6a6a5e19f3b8

Smooth-Criminal-Outfit.jpg

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to show off a quick pic of my Thriller era (version 2.0) bust with various changes to the sculpt. Hope you like it!

smaller1_zps45e1e57e.jpg

I really like how this sculpt came out with all the revisions, so eventually, I'm going to do other styles from that era (Billie Jean, Beat It, etc).
Holy C**** man! That looks so real!! I wanna touch it! :lol:

So, I'm currently working on a more accurate version 2.5 Bad era since I made the version 2.5 Thriller era bust.

The thing is that I'm going back and forth as far as what statue I should make first in the Bad era: Smooth Criminal or Bad/Moonwalker.

With the Bad/Moonwalker statue, I think it's more iconic plus I get to see his face more (while the Smooth Criminal has the face concealed a bit with the Fedora).

With the Smooth Criminal, it's a Bad era look I haven't done yet. Also, another iconic look from Michael's Bad era.

Anyone have any opinions? I'll probably make my decision based on the fans here.

These are some of the best pieces of art I've ever seen!!!!! This makes all the Madam Tussauds attemps look amateur. Are they life size heads?
would love to see a 2007/2009 Michael.

These are some of the best pieces of art I've ever seen!!!!! This makes all the Madam Tussauds attemps look amateur. Are they life size heads?
would love to see a 2007/2009 Michael.

Yep, the heads are life size. 23" circumference just like Michael's real head.

Imagine eventually having ALL era Michael's lined up next to each other from Off the Wall right through to This Is It!!!!! And I'll think it would show that Michael's face didn't change as much as people think.

Its been awhile since I made a Bad era bust, so I'd thought I show off my latest creation. I've been racking my brain trying to figure out his right cheek and jawline and fixing it...not easy. Not 100%, but here's what I got:

new_bad_era_bust_michael_jackson_by_godaiking-d8p4iwn.jpg

michael_jackson_lifesize_bust_bad_era_2_by_godaiking-d8p4zue.jpg

Now, FINALLY, after this, I can make my smooth Criminal setup and Bad/Moonwalker statue. Eventually, I'll start doing Dangerous!

Last edited:
You did amazing job:clapping:
It is as closes as possible to original and best I have seen.
Looking forward seeing your other works of MJ.

Amazing, you think they would scan your work to be the Hologram Michael.
Another good idea. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Call Madam Trussauds and call the Estate. They're going to need good mannequins when they finally open their museum.
And I've never seen anything better!!

Back