Interest in Michael Jackson!?

New generations of MJ fans are already appearing, my little brother who is 5 came to me yesterday and says 'My favourite singers are Michael Jackson, Pink and Lady Gaga'
Now granted the first 2 are most likely due to my influence, but i have never really spoken to him about MJ i just play his music all the time and i get him to come and dance with me i try to teach him and he loves it, he asked if he could watch my MJ dvds with me today :) im so proud lol :p

the younger generation has not moved on. Michael has moved into the territory where he's becoming more revered and loved. He's seen as an icon. I don't know where some of you live, but the appreciation for Michael and his work has increased and will continue to do so

New generations of MJ fans are already appearing, my little brother who is 5 came to me yesterday and says 'My favourite singers are Michael Jackson, Pink and Lady Gaga'
Now granted the first 2 are most likely due to my influence, but i have never really spoken to him about MJ i just play his music all the time and i get him to come and dance with me i try to teach him and he loves it, he asked if he could watch my MJ dvds with me today :) im so proud lol :p

That's sweet :) Where I'm from we've been celebrating carnival these past couple of days, and my 7-year-old nephew and a bunch of his friends were dressed as MJ.

My 1 year old cousin loves Michael Jackson. Whenever i go on a car ride with him and rest of my family he cries unless Michael Jackson is played in the car. To him any other kind of music is unacceptable

You are talking like Michael is just some current pop star that is fading away, HE IS MICHAEL JACKSON!
He is an icon, the most successful artist in the history of popular music. Like The Beatles and Elvis, people will ALWAYS be interested in Michael Jackson. Forever, he is forever.
"i know the creator will go, but his work survives. Thats why to escape death, i attempt to bind my soul to my work." - Michelangelo

:) Aw wow i bet there was some great photos

*This was in reply to LindavG for some reason i clicked reply with quote and it didnt quote*

Michael Jackson is a legend. He is still famous. But the interest for MJ has died down with time. Old fans have moved on and most youngsters aren't interested in him. BAD25 isnt doing so well. what do you think of all these?

I think you're wrong.

Old fans have not 'moved on' ....they (or at least I) have been trying to deal with a loss that impacted their life. Not a day goes by that I don't think about Michael, and what he meant to me. I met some of my best friends simply by being a Michael Jackson fan. I have so many amazing memories good and bad, that 'moving on' is simply not possible.

I have other things going on in my life, yes. Because Michael is not here, there's no news about what he's been up to, no new pictures, none of the things I was used to wake up to every day. So we find things to keep us occupied, new interests. I don't think that's strange, I think that's life.

BAD25 is not doing well? You have to remember that BAD is an album that most people already have. It's not new. Sure, there's unreleased demos on there but the 'general' public doesn't care much for those songs. I can't blame them. I don't really care to hear unreleased songs by artists other than Michael or Janet either. No matter which artist it is, I think people are more interested in buying an album with (relatively) new songs.

yes...me too...I think of Michael EVERY single day. Sometimes I even still shed tears for him :(

All of us will continue shedding tears. At least with me will be like. When I think about June 25, it seems to me what happened yesterday.... Forever will I have this feeling: seems like yesterday that it happened... :( and the pain will continue.... :cry: :no: *big sigh*

Michael was (and will remain) a part of our lives. Many fans have not had the chance to meet him or go to a concert of him... Others were lucky to be there so close to him. No matter, Michael will always be present in our lives and in our hearts. Our love, admiration and respect for him are eternal. :heart:

I miss you dear Michael.... :cry: *big sigh*

^ I shed tears just a couple of nights ago, and of course I too think of him everyday. June 25th is my birthday also, so i always make sure that i have my moments to think of him especially that day and always make sure people hear his music at the very least

Aw, that's your birthday?

That really sucks that Michael passed away on your birthday :( But at least it's a happy day for you and it gives you a good distraction :yes:

Yeaah it was my 18th when he passed, well i try to use it in a positive way though like remembering him and try not to let myself get sad :)

I think of Michael everyday too. It's always hard especially when things like the grammys happen and all the interest in today's artists. Then we see his kids growing up. I miss him. I can cry easily still.

First of all Michael Jackson is NOT 'an interest' :blink: He's HUMAN not an PRODUCT...

Secondly... these are real 'vague' assumptions there you make... If it was true at least... MJJC would cease to exist, would it?

I'm an OLD FAN myself :cheeky: I grew up with Michael ;)

Of course, we have our lives 'outside' the Michael 'bubble' but that doesn't mean we forgotten him or we don't honour and defend him anymore... There still NEW fans born :wub: and Michael is surely NOT 'old hat' in today's world... I heard them talking about Michael on the local radio today and they still play his music :punk:

So, a few that ditch Michael can not 'overshadow' your view that the INTEREST :doh: as you call it has died down...

When people spot, I'm a FAN... They RESPECT us NOW...

So, WHY the negative spin on Michael here? Just my :2cents:

'Michael Jackson' is also a very huge brand, which sells itself, still.

You say that, yet it's amazing how much Michael is ingrained into popular culture. So much so, we hardly notice the references anymore. I can turn on the TV some evenings, and see several references to Michael in various ways. A character does a bit of a moonwalk, someone goes "Hee hee" . . . All sorts of things. New artists are often quite obviously influenced by him, Conor Maynard being someone current that comes to mind. Hell, I was watching Coldplay's Paradise video last night, and the elephant (Chris) did a bit of the moonwalk.

If you open your eyes, Michael is everywhere.

When I was a "younger" MJFam my first addiction was about his music and dance. but today the most "strong" way that I can show my love for MJ, is doing things that Him would be proud.

Sometimes you can found a lot of ways to show your love for him. MJ is more that
foruns and chats.

I hope you can find a lot of ways to love him, too =)

Beyonce and Jay Z was given a tour of Michael's Neverland Ranch By Thomas Barack Jr. source Sun Newspaper.

Interest in Michael will grow in the years to come. If you remember, when Jimi Hendrix died interest on his music was big for a few years. His subsequent albums that were released immediately after his death didn't do well sales-wise. It took a good 10-15 years before his posthumous albums began hitting the top 10. Give it a few more years. You'll see more interest in new releases.

It's not the interest in Michael that's gone down, it's the interest in Music in general.

Kids these days are more interested in crap like Nikki Minaj, Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift, Drake and Lil Wayne.

The consequence is that music labels will only support those sort of artists. All the good artists are suffering because of it!!!

Cirque Du Soille "Michael Jackson One" has already sold $500,000 in tickets the first few hours of the pre sale going on over the weekend. I would say anything to do with Michael is still coveted and very relevant.

I think the interest is still there..its in my 6 and 7 years old nieces & nesphews!

Am always waiting for a new album to rise, so am always on the lookout. I listen to his music all the time too. Am gonna play Mj's music when my cousins kid (peanut) whose 1 years old comes to my apartment watch. hehe

I'm 19 and I love Michael! I'm still here and I'm not going anywhere. I still buy the music and I'll keep buying the unreleased material for as long as it's given to me.

If you're talking about him not getting any media attention, well, I think I prefer that he doesn't get any mainstream attention like the new-age singers are. The press is always negative towards him. People love Michael and the music will always sell. In a few years, I imagine it will only get better. Something I noticed: Michael's music being taught at universities. This is a VERY good sign! I take a music course right now to fulfill a gen. ed. requirement and my 85 year old even speaks of Michael all the time and he's even included in the textbook that we use. We'll be talking about Michael towards the end of the semester.

I think the biggest problem is the music that my peers and younger are listening to. It's junk and very overrated and overhyped. These "music artists" or whatever you want to call them, are nothing but marketing schemes for these record companies. Find a pretty face, slap auto tune on their voice, and bada-bing, you got a "hit star." And my generation stupidly eats it up. It's utter garbage and gives me a head ache.

I'll be raising all of my children on Michael's music. I also have a niece who is two and her parents are into Michael's music. So we try as hard as possible to integrate his music into her life. As fans, it's our job to pass his legacy on. This we shall do. :heart:

^ I agree. Also that I don't miss Michael not being in the media constantly, because when he is, it's usually given a negative tone somehow. Of course, I always welcome to read fair and balanced, non-tabloidish articles about him, articles which focus on his music, but generally as long as his music sells (and it does - Thriller is in the Billboard Top 100 as we speak) and people like him, I'm OK, no matter if he's talked about in the media or not.

Back