Is anyone else finding it hard

your not alone. many ppl feel like this. its only 6 months. frankly id be worried if ppl had got over it and gone back to normal now. some ppl only care about mj the musician some care about mj the person and thats why those ppl are effected so badly.and for many ppl he has always been in their lives

i can't listen to "hold my hand " because of the fist line ... i guess this i the only song i can't listen to ever... he says:"This life won't last forever ..HOLD MY HAND"...it kills me .

Same here. I can't listen to You Are Not Alone, This Is It, Man In The Mirror and She Out Of My Life without tearing up :cry:

It's not hard for me to listen to his voice, I find comfort in it...it's very soothing to me personally...but yes some songs are more emotional than others. Michael evokes emotion in others the way he expresses his own emotions through his music. I think that is the draw so many have to him, as a person and as an artist. He gave his all.

I break down in tears when I hear You Are Not Alone, Will You Be There, Hold My Hand... I can't hear Childhood nor Gone Too Soon, it's just too painful.
A hug for you all. :hug:

I too find Hold My Hand so hard to listen to but I make myself listen, the first line always makes me cry but I need to hear it because its the latest vocals I have of Michael and somehow that me feel closer to him. I miss him so much and still find his passing extremely difficult to deal with. Its good to know we are not having to feel like this alone. What I find hard at the moment is that I have been dreaming very realistic dreams that he is still alive and I don't know why as I have never bought into those hoaxes out there - I guess its my subconcious showing my hopes and my denial - even though in my mind, my consciousness I have accepted that he is gone, my heart says otherwise.

Over these last 6 months I have had terrible difficulty dealing with old anxiety problems (e.g panic attacks) that I was pretty much over, yet now they are back and worse than ever. I think its because I have had a lot of loss in my life and losing Michael feels like the greatest loss of all. I am carrying on though, we have to as Michael wouldn't want us to give up hope.

I dont listen to heaven can wait and barley not gone to soon.

But most of his other music makes me feel good.
I was watching HIStory tour on youtube new years eve and I really enjoyed it.

I guess I´m still too obsessed with him, listening to his music, seeing him on dvd every day.
I can see a show with another artist , but I´m thinking Michael would have made a better show and after the show I have to see Michael again.

Last edited:
It's not hard for me to listen to his voice, I find comfort in it...it's very soothing to me personally...but yes some songs are more emotional than others. Michael evokes emotion in others the way he expresses his own emotions through his music. I think that is the draw so many have to him, as a person and as an artist. He gave his all.

I'm the same, I listen to at least one song everyday, I just love to listen to him. I couldn't not listen to his songs. Straight away after June 25th, I didn't listen to him for weeks, I was scared how it would make me feel. But when I did, it was soooo good, and made him feel alive again to me. Everybody's different I guess. This whole situation sucks...:(

There are still alot of songs I can't listen to some of them you mentioned. On NY eve I listened to I'll be there and I just broke down into tears

TBH, I'm kinda over his death now, so listening to any song is easy. Of course, it's tragic what happened, but I'm choosing not to keep dwelling on it and moving on :)
frankly id be worried if ppl had got over it and gone back to normal now.
Honestly, there's no need to be worried. It's part of life, and frankly this is how the world runs. It's not healthy to keep dwelling on his death. It was bound to happen at some point. Every Soul has to taste death.

It's just tragic the way he's gone. I always believed he will never die naturally.

I have yet to listen to Hold My Hand since this all happened. To me, that particular song marked the very start of what was to be the second chapter of Michael's life and career. With that song we got the first fresh MJ vocals in years. I just can't listen to it now knowing that what was his first brand new song was also the very last new song we ever got. Truthfully I have a hard time listening to much of his music now, too painful.

Was hard to read your post never mind MJs music :lol:

You Are Not Alone is probably the only song Ive not listened to.
I think Childhood is one of the hardest. Maann he was so misunderstood!!

I celebrate him more than anythin though tbh

Fall Again. I just discovered how hard it is to listen to that one.

I never listened to Childhood or Heal the World that much, but I really have no desire to now.
Will You Be There
Smile
Don't Walk Away
Planet Earth
Gone Too Soon. I don't know when or if I will ever listen to this again.

A few months after June MJ songs started coming on at work. It's difficult to deal with because I have no option to switch them off if I don't want to listen.

I have so many, I don't even count how m
any times I break down now.

Are we really breaking it down to the lyrics.

Let's see.
There's a lot but what comes to mind is Heaven can wait. It's a hard one for me to listen to him, cause as hard as it is and I know, I know he is were he deserves to be, but I miss him so much. so I'm just waiting patiently.

This love I have for you is incredible, I don't know what I'll do if I can't be with you, so every night I pray....

unthinkable..., I'll turn it all around and try to get back down to my baby girl, can't stand to see nobody even touchin him

Last edited:
I only listen to the uptempo songs, if i listen to the ballads i break down. because you really hear the emotion in his voice

I don't find it hard to listen to his songs really. After his death you couldn't get away from them, they were everywhere. Plus it hadn't sunk in yet that he was gone, it took until the memorial to finally sink in. I love listening to him, I listen to him every day and it makes me feel better as it makes him alive. I can forget that he's not here anymore momentarily. But sometimes I do have my off days. I still find it quite hard to listen to Gone Too Soon, and a few weeks ago I put on the Moonwalker version of MITM and as soon as the opening notes it I just burst into tears.

We know how you feel hun. I would give anything to have eight months ago back, where I was blasting MJ in my car annoying the people I was giving lifts too as I was bouncing in excitement about seeing Michael in August. :grouphug:

I'm only just getting to the stage of being able to contain myself whilst listening to his studio songs. Though recently since saturday I've had a bit of a problem and weeped everyday during every listening :weeping: But my problem lies with the live performances :cry: I'll Be There always kills me (Don't know what I'm gonna do during the beginning of the expo :( )...I've not finished the Bucharest DVD yet because I just don't wanna skip parts so I just turn the DVD off completely :( Other songs I find hard are WYBT, HtW, smile (Not listened to this for months!) & Gone Too Soon.

*sigh* :weeping:

last night/this morn at work was a nightmare. they normally play a couple or so of mj/j5 tracks that i can just about handle. but last night there was loads i want u back abc,bj dstyge,twymmf.thats just what i can remember. gald it was dark in there cause i was filling up hearing mj being played at 2am when u are tired/emotional is not a good thing. how can u go from loving hearing him played to wanting to run and hide when u hear his voice. its the most horrible feeling in the world

Back