Is "Invincible" as good as previous MJ's Albums ?

Is Invincible as Good as previous MJ's Albums...

• YES

Votes: 188 64.6%
  • NO

Votes: 103 35.4%

• Total voters
^^^^^Unless you've listened to all of the millions of different albums that have been released since recorded music began, you can't make such a statement. How can you compare something to something else you've never heard?

YES!!!! its just as good and better, Michael was better every time, like he would polish himself to be better and better, well he was genius ;D

^^^^^Unless you've listened to all of the millions of different albums that have been released since recorded music began, you can't make such a statement. How can you compare something to something else you've never heard?

Don't be so picky... clearly I was exaggerating, way to over complicate things.

ONLY 60 % "Yes"...

I just can't believe how underrated it is...

Invincible for me is the least favourite album of MJ. I like it , but it"not my favourite one. I like 4 or 5 songs.

for me invincible is an incredible album ...i feels as a mere glimpse of what he had in store for us. he has come a long way and in the last 10 yrs he changed into something even more amazing ... i love invincible.

I don't understand why doesn't people don't like ''Invincible'' that much !
it's really underrated ,
for me ''Invincible'' is my favorite album.

I like Vince pretty much!!
People see it like a fail just because it´s kinda different of other albuns in terms of style, and because it had lower sales than the other ones. But exactly because of this particular style, so current, I like it! Almost 10 years ago Michael did something that sounds just like if it´d been done today, and it´s a great reason for me to love this album!

Almost 10 years ago Michael did something that sounds just like if it´d been done today, and it´s a great reason for me to love this album!

+1 !

absolutely !

People see it like a fail just because it´s kinda different of other albuns in terms of style, and because it had lower sales than the other ones. But exactly because of this particular style, so current, I like it! Almost 10 years ago Michael did something that sounds just like if it´d been done today, and it´s a great reason for me to love this album!

I agree absolutely!

Yesterbay was listening to music on my mp3 player and was playing Butterflies or Don't walk Away (I can't remember) and tge next played Beyonce and I thinked ''OMG it's so look like with Vince 9 years later!''

today, 9 years later, so many musics seems like Vince!

I love this album because is where the voice MJ sounds much better!

It's an alright album (I've heard worse) but I think sometimes it just drags on whereas Dangerous is nearly as long but it doesn't drag and same with HIStory minus Childhood and You Are Not Alone and D.S.). More songs written by MJ solely would have been much better, relying less on the digital enhancements and actually creating feel-good songs, not ones that make you feel sad.

But the vocals in that album are great at times. Now it did have to be a full album minus remixes and I only like five of the songs on the album but if it had to have more to fill up the time:

Unbreakable (shorter without intro, no rap)
Heartbreaker (no rap and no frog-burping effect)
Heaven Can Wait
You Rock My World (without intro)
Butterflies (without intro)
2000 Watts (without the intro)
You Are My Life
Cry
Whatever Happens (without thankyou ending)
Threatened (with real drums)

So: less ballads, more beats and nothing dragging it down. YAML drags it a little but I like it.

That's true but no amount of sales whether it's 100million or 100 000 can save mediocrity or something that just isn't as good as we'd like it to be. If it had been done more 'live' than 'digital', it might have sounded older and more vintage but when you see songs like Escape getting leaked and others officially released like Fall Again or The Way You Love Me, one has to wonder: why save the good songs for a compo and the not-so-good ones for a proper album which you're promoting more.

And The Lost Children - don't get me started.

Last edited:
^^^ Brilliant. Just brilliant.

Although I like Invincible the track as well so would add that. Even with that tracklisting though there's still nothing to rival Who Is It, Give In To Me, Earth SOng, TDCAU. Smooth Criminal, Billie Jean etc etc.

Unbreakable, Threatened, What ever happens are as good as these tracks Tony !

No way! Those are 3 great tracks and the best on Vince (+Butterflies) but still pales in comparison to previous classics I mentioned.

Although maybe that says more about the immense quality of the tracks in question.

They're nowhere near as good as the ones Tony mentioned. Unbreakable just seems repetitive, Threatened is way too digital and suffers because of that and Whatever Happens is a nice track but doesn't measure up to anything on Dangerous or other albums.

That said, it's a decent album but not one I'd rush to listen to first.

I disagree...With a Video, they would be as strong as previous Hits...

But even if you're right, it's not because an album doesn't contain monster Hits that it's not great !

to me, History has monster Hits but overall it's not as good as Invincible.

If Threatened is way too digital, what do you think of Tabloid Junkie ?

Last edited:
I'm going to be honest here and say that no it wasn't as good as his previous albums, however I think it is extremely underrated as it contains some amazing songs and it should have definitely been more recognized than it was/is. My favourites are Threatened, You Rock My World, Butterflies and Heartbreaker. The song Threatened has a 90's sound to it, it sounds as though it could have come from HIStory or Dangerous album which makes me think that maybe it was written in the 90's and he saved it for Invincible. There are actually some songs on Invincible which are better than (dare I say it) some songs on Thriller and some of his earlier albums. Overall it's not his best but it certainly proved he still had it and was IMO highly underrated.

I'm going to be honest here and say that no it wasn't as good as his previous albums, however I think it is extremely underrated as it contains some amazing songs and it should have definitely been more recognized than it was/is. My favourites are Threatened, You Rock My World, Butterflies and Heartbreaker. The song Threatened has a 90's sound to it, it sounds as though it could have come from HIStory or Dangerous album which makes me think that maybe it was written in the 90's and he saved it for Invincible. There are actually some songs on Invincible which are better than (dare I say it) some songs on Thriller and some of his earlier albums. Overall it's not his best but it certainly proved he still had it and was IMO highly underrated.

I agree and disagree at the same time lol

very interesting opinion

thanks !

i think that if he would have managed to do more short films to the songs it would have been reguarded differently ...

I disagree...With a Video, they would be as strong as previous Hits...

But even if you're right, it's not because an album doesn't contain monster Hits that it's not great !

to me, History has monster Hits but overall it's not as good as Invincible.

If Threatened is way too digital, what do you think of Tabloid Junkie ?

It sounds an awful lot better than Threatened is what I know.

Here's what I think is ideal for Vince (similar to what drew already said):

A) PLEASE GOD REMOVE THE DIGITAL SOUNDS, it's waay too over layered, ALL of the songs would have sounded loads better if done with real instruments.

B) Create a much shorter album, here's my opinion:

1. Unbreakable

2. Invincible

3. Break of Dawn

4. Heaven Can Wait

5. You Rock My World

6. Butterflies

7. Speechless

8. Lost Children

9. Whatever Happens

10. Threatened.

That's it, with good videos, live performances, etc. It would have been an awesome album.. but alas it's not meant to be :(

Here's what I think is ideal for Vince (similar to what drew already said):

A) PLEASE GOD REMOVE THE DIGITAL SOUNDS, it's waay too over layered, ALL of the songs would have sounded loads better if done with real instruments.

B) Create a much shorter album, here's my opinion:

1. Unbreakable

2. Invincible

3. Break of Dawn

4. Heaven Can Wait

5. You Rock My World

6. Butterflies

7. Speechless

8. Lost Children

9. Whatever Happens

10. Threatened.

That's it, with good videos, live performances, etc. It would have been an awesome album.. but alas it's not meant to be :(

Good list there but I'd remove The Lost Children - the worst song he has ever recorded, even more so than You Are Not Alone or Childhood) and replace it with Cry. The digital part is what I hate so much about it - I mean, it would have been great without those sounds and the boring ballads (at times) but for whatever reason MJ felt he had to fill up the entire running time even if it meant 50% of it was mediocre as all hell.

I mean we hear unfinished (and finished) stuff like The Way You Love Me, Fall Again and Escape and it makes you wonder why was the album not having songs like that? TWYLM could have been a real hit for that time on contemporary stations and with the general public yet You Rock My World was put out instead? I understand a video might have been a difficult task for that song but no reason one couldn't have been done. Short films can't rescue a mediocre song. Look at You Are Not Alone and Childhood.

Off-topic but I'm really enjoying this site - it's nice to have another place where I can talk about all things MJ-related and not).

Here's my track list for Invincible

1. Unbreakable
2. Heartbreaker
3. Invincible
4. Heaven Can Wait
5. Speechless
6. 2000 Watts
7. We've Had Enough
9. Fall Again
10. The Lost Children
11. Whatever Happens
12. Threatend