Is there something wrong with me?

Good on you for posting this; a lot of people would needlessly feel embarrassed about it.
I completely understand how you feel. I'm 24, and you know in all honesty, lately I've wondered if I might be asexual! Well, maybe I'm not, maybe it's just that I haven't met the right person yet. But I so don't care about it. I'm much more about friends and fulfilling my own ambitions.
So no, YOU ARE NOT ALONE ;)

Yay! I agree ;)

Thats funny because i've being thinking the same thing, cause ive been in 12 relationships (both with male & female) and I have never felt like having sex with any of them to be honest none of them have done anything for me sexually (if you know what I mean)

Thats funny because i've being thinking the same thing, cause ive been in 12 relationships (both with male & female) and I have never felt like having sex with any of them to be honest none of them have done anything for me sexually (if you know what I mean)

I do.
Well, I haven't really been in a relationship (should I start a new thread for this? :cheeky: seriously though.....maybe I should) and I often feel it's cos I haven't met the right person but lately I really am wondering if I ever will. Maybe I'm one of those people who won't ever. But you know what, I'm open to whatever happens and I'm quite happy on my own. To be honest, Michael has helped me a lot with this. The more I learn about him, the more similar I feel to him.
I guess all we can do is keep our minds and hearts open and continue to do what feels right for ourselves....
This is a great thread!

I do.
Well, I haven't really been in a relationship (should I start a new thread for this? :cheeky: seriously though.....maybe I should) and I often feel it's cos I haven't met the right person but lately I really am wondering if I ever will. Maybe I'm one of those people who won't ever. But you know what, I'm open to whatever happens and I'm quite happy on my own. To be honest, Michael has helped me a lot with this. The more I learn about him, the more similar I feel to him.
I guess all we can do is keep our minds and hearts open and continue to do what feels right for ourselves....
This is a great thread!

Spot on, its like if me and you think a like, Im sure theres someone out there for us all but its just a matter of time until we find them. xx

Very good attitude. Sometimes i sit and wonder...'what am i doing...mostly sitting at home and not going out and trying to find a nice lady to go out with...' in other words..go out to a club, doing something that is totally not me. Nah, i rather sit at home then and have FUN! It really can happen anytime in your life..anywhere you can imagine that you meet someone nice and who knows what happens after that.

Someone awhile ago told me...friend, don't go do things you normally wouldn't...only trying to find a girl, that's not gonna work at all...well , most of the time it ain't gonna work. You should NOT be on the lookout for it...just do whatever you like..Miss Right will eventually cross your path.

It's VERY VERY good to see people who are exactly like me, i'm quite surprised too, but in a very good positive way.

I believe if u try to hard then you wont exceed but if you if go and have a good time without thinking or worrying about meeting someone then you will more likely to find someone ha ive got a cheek to talk i sit in the house all day but thats due to personal problems that i need to get sorted before i find the right person.. but yeah you will find someone all in good time.

Very good attitude. Sometimes i sit and wonder...'what am i doing...mostly sitting at home and not going out and trying to find a nice lady to go out with...' in other words..go out to a club, doing something that is totally not me. Nah, i rather sit at home then and have FUN! It really can happen anytime in your life..anywhere you can imagine that you meet someone nice and who knows what happens after that.

Someone awhile ago told me...friend, don't go do things you normally wouldn't...only trying to find a girl, that's not gonna work at all...well , most of the time it ain't gonna work. You should NOT be on the lookout for it...just do whatever you like..Miss Right will eventually cross your path.

It's VERY VERY good to see people who are exactly like me, i'm quite surprised too, but in a very good positive way.

That's good advice. If you hope to meet people by doing things that you don't enjoy or that are not YOU, then you're not going to meet someone who is like you.
I do have faith that these things happen when they're supposed to. IF they're supposed to! ;)

I do.
This is a great thread!
Same here! Haven't really been in a relationship too! :cheeky:
Michael really helped me with this too, 'cuz he's so much alike that I thought...'whatever, I can be what I want to be, see how far he got, I don't need all that to be happy or whatever!'.
(Oh how I miss him...:()

hmm i wonder if it's something wrong with me too ..especially since i got to prove my sanity to my mom who's been trying to put me down ever since i can remeber ...now she got me going thru shrinks to prove i'm sane.... as she managed to find one that put me some wierd diagnosting without seeing me at all ... :(
i'm getting so tired with everything... no one to talk to as she drove everyone away... tired of her hating everything i love just because i love that ... i'm tired and scared and i don't know what to do next ...

hmm i wonder if it's something wrong with me too ..especially since i got to prove my sanity to my mom who's been trying to put me down ever since i can remeber ...now she got me going thru shrinks to prove i'm sane.... as she managed to find one that put me some wierd diagnosting without seeing me at all ... :(
i'm getting so tired with everything... no one to talk to as she drove everyone away... tired of her hating everything i love just because i love that ... i'm tired and scared and i don't know what to do next ...

That's ridiculous, you might not wanna go there, but ignore your mother if she tries that again.You should be able to live your life however you want.
Why does she think you are not sane?

Michael really helped me with this too, 'cuz he's so much alike that I thought...'whatever, I can be what I want to be, see how far he got, I don't need all that to be happy or whatever!'.

Another one here! I've never been in a real relationship and I'm 20. It's not that I don't want too but it just doesn't seem to happen to me. I don't know why, I sometimes wonder if there's something wrong with me because it doesn't happen but my mother keeps telling me that it will happen when the time is right.
So now I'm just waiting for that time to come lol
My mother also told me that apperiantly I send out a signal to guys that I'm not interested in some way :s
I don't know how that's possible but maybe it's true. Usually my mind is too busy with something else that I don't really pay attention to guys. But when I try to pay attention nothing happens so I don't know , it's confusing really :s

That's ridiculous, you might not wanna go there, but ignore your mother if she tries that again.You should be able to live your life however you want.
Why does she think you are not sane?
she's a control freak. and the thing is i would skip that if i could but that's gonna leave this unsolved and that thing showing up in my records...and i'm not gonna let this happen. if i do means i can loose pretty much all i have...that is the house and the baby... it's really hard for me to go thru now but i try ... wish i had someone to talk to but she's been driving people away and since i started work on my house i didn't really had the time to socialize
the thing is she got to a doc that already put some diagnosis on my head based only on her descripion of me and not on seeing and talking to me, as i didn't even knew about that untill it was too late. the diagnosis she put is quite serious and even prescripted me some pretty powerful drugs... which i'm not gonna take anyway... i got a kid to raise for heaven's sake...

Yeah he definitely helps me with this. I miss him too, but just knowing that someone so amazing spent most of his time alone, and, IMO probably never met a true love, gives me a lot of comfort and inspiration.

Another one here! I've never been in a real relationship and I'm 20. It's not that I don't want too but it just doesn't seem to happen to me. I don't know why, I sometimes wonder if there's something wrong with me because it doesn't happen but my mother keeps telling me that it will happen when the time is right.
My mother also told me that apperiantly I send out a signal to guys that I'm not interested in some way :s
I don't know how that's possible but maybe it's true. Usually my mind is too busy with something else that I don't really pay attention to guys. But when I try to pay attention nothing happens so I don't know , it's confusing really :s

You know I think I send out those signals too, cos I'm too busy with my own life! :D I've told myself for years that it'll happen when the time is right, and I haven't given up, but I've stop focusing on it. I've found that it's much more important for me to be independent and find myself, and do the things I want to do.

Same here! I'm 20 and haven't been in a relationship too. My friends are very surprised about that. Sometimes I wonder if I'm boring or weird so it never comes to me. I think we are quite alike that we don't usually pay attention to guys. I always think there's more to life than 'hunting out' some guys. I feel much more comfortable and happy on my own and I like going places alone or spending a day painting pictures and listening to music in my room alone.

I also don't care for alcohol or drugs!:)
Wow I found someone else like me(and we're pretty similar to Michael too) :huggy: I hope for both of us that we don't get too much teasing and stuff for the rest of our lives :D

I too haven't been in a relationship - but I truly believe that I and everyone else in this thread will find someone someday, and in the meantime we'll hopefully lead more fulfilling lives because we've been out achieving our ambitions, making friends and having fun while everyone else has wasted their time going out looking for that special someone (like speed dating and blind dates, does that ever work? :p) or sleeping with everyone and then having to deal with heartbreak, arguements, nasty infections, not being truly happy etc etc :D

Wow I found someone else like me(and we're pretty similar to Michael too) :huggy: I hope for both of us that we don't get too much teasing and stuff for the rest of our lives :D

I too haven't been in a relationship - but I truly believe that I and everyone else in this thread will find someone someday, and in the meantime we'll hopefully lead more fulfilling lives because we've been out achieving our ambitions, making friends and having fun while everyone else has wasted their time going out looking for that special someone (like speed dating and blind dates, does that ever work? :p) or sleeping with everyone and then having to deal with heartbreak, arguements, nasty infections, not being truly happy etc etc :D

Well said!!

Hahah, well...I've been teased about not drinking alcohol 'cuz that's like...really obvious when you're going out. I just don't care for getting shot after shot and I've never been drunk!
Just a few glasses of wine...great! But further....no thanks..I don't like it and I don't need it. And then you get those 'funny' peope who tell you to drink this and that and they try to force you...but at that point I tell 'em the truth and to buggah off real quick!:innocent: LOL!

You know, just as long as u stand for yourself and show people you like yourself the way you are, they don't have a thing to say at all. Even better, they will think of what a stupid and simple followers they are themselves and will be jealous!
I've been bullied a lot in my past but I now it's just because I was unique...I wasn't like others and never will be.
I am me and look at MJ; the most beautiful, intelligent, loving people are the ones that are being bullied by the simple people who are in the majority unfortunately.:doh:

Last edited:
Wow, it's weird to see so many people who think like I do. The thought of having sex with someone I'm not in a relationship with actually makes me feel sick. I just can't see how it would be nice. Also I just don't think I could live with myself. I have come close once, but it just felt so wrong so I backed out. Guys seem to think they can pressure you into it, that's what I've found. But it's totally wrong, and nobody should ever be made to feel like that. Thankfully I'm old enough now to realise that, and never let anyone make me feel like that again. :(
But Staffordshire Bullterrier, there is absolutely nothing wrong with you! You're actually a lot of girls perfect guy, :D

Same here! I'm 20 and haven't been in a relationship too. My friends are very surprised about that. Sometimes I wonder if I'm boring or weird so it never comes to me. I think we are quite alike that we don't usually pay attention to guys. I always think there's more to life than 'hunting out' some guys. I feel much more comfortable and happy on my own and I like going places alone or spending a day painting pictures and listening to music in my room alone.

Omg I am the same way, I spend a lot of time in my room alone listening to music as well.
It's good to see that there are other people out there that feel the same way in this thread.
Makes me feel less strange, the more I read in here :)

Hahah, well...I've been teased about not drinking alcohol 'cuz that's like...really obvious when you're going out. I just don't care for getting shot after shot and I've never been drunk!
Just a few glasses of wine...great! But further....no thanks..I don't like it and I don't need it. And then you get those 'funny' peope who tell you to drink this and that and they try to force you...but at that point I tell 'em the truth and to buggah off real quick!:innocent: LOL!

I experienced the same thing!
When I'm in the disco my friends are all looking at me when I have a glass of Coke in my hand. 'Can I have one beer for my friend Lars' When I immediatly response 'no don't listen to him'
They all think they are proud to drink beer, well I just don't like it.
I've never been drunk too and I will never be if I don't like to be.
Then they are all drunk and they kiss about 3-4 girls in I think 30 minutes, WTF:mello:

I like to go out and get drunk now and again - let my inhibitions go and have fun, but I don't want to go out every week like some of my friends do, simply because of how I feel the next day! My mum has a glass of wine or two every night and I just think 'why?' whats the need to drink alcohol for nothing. I don't see anything wrong with her doing it, but I don't understand why you need to have a glass or two of wine every night at home in front of the tv 'to relax'.

As for sex, I am 21 (tomorrow) and I haven't yet found someone that I want to be in a serious relationship with. I don't want to just go home with anyone who asks me to and 'get it over with'.
Sometimes when I'm on a night out and I meet someone I find really attractive physically, it could be easy for me to just go home with them when they ask me to, but I don't. If a guy can ask that easily it makes me think 'how many other girls have you asked this to?'. It just shows he doesn't care about you, he just cares about sex, he is a guy who goes home with any girl he likes. Well, I don't want to be near a guy like that, no matter who they are, 'celebrity' or not. I'm not scared of sex, I'm looking forward to it :) and I'm not in the fantasy that its got to be amazingly special and earth shattering.

When I find someone who I can be in a serious relationship with then it'll probably happen, until then, I'm in no rush.

Sometimes when I'm on a night out and I meet someone I find really attractive physically, it could be easy for me to just go home with them when they ask me to, but I don't. If a guy can ask that easily it makes me think 'how many other girls have you asked this to?'. It just shows he doesn't care about you, he just cares about sex, he is a guy who goes home with any girl he likes.

Ditto.

Back