Jackson All-Star Tribute Line-Up Revealed + Promo VIDEO

Sorry, forgot about the huge and unnecessary Akon hate in this forum. Despite Akon's huge support for MJ, and the fact that the two were friends, for some reason many fans in here have a very biased opinion of him. It's a shame, but the reality is that Akon is the most successful hip-hop artist of the past several years. He has had the most top 10 hits, sold the most records, and is a radio favorite in the western world. Michael and Akon were good friends, and spent quite some time together. Michael admired Akon's work, which is why he asked him to work on some songs. You guys need to cut him some slack. Akon has actually purchased full page ads in magazines giving tribute to Michael and the fact that he is taking time out of his busy schedule to perform in Michael's name is great.
I never knew that. Fair play to him!

I can't understand the hate for Akon either. I like him and he has been supportive of Michael. If you don't like his music, fine but the rest is just nonsense.

I don't consider Akon Hip Hop at all - he's a singer, not a rapper and is more R&B Pop to me, like Rihanna is.

I like Akon's pop sensibility & like "Beautiful" and "Right Now" - ok, it's the same beat over both songs, but he sounds better than mostly anyone on the radio - which is GARBAGE.

I anxiously await Usher's new album because my ears can't take in any more GARBAGE.

Sorry, forgot about the huge and unnecessary Akon hate in this forum. Despite Akon's huge support for MJ, and the fact that the two were friends, for some reason many fans in here have a very biased opinion of him. It's a shame, but the reality is that Akon is the most successful hip-hop artist of the past several years. He has had the most top 10 hits, sold the most records, and is a radio favorite in the western world. Michael and Akon were good friends, and spent quite some time together. Michael admired Akon's work, which is why he asked him to work on some songs. You guys need to cut him some slack. Akon has actually purchased full page ads in magazines giving tribute to Michael and the fact that he is taking time out of his busy schedule to perform in Michael's name is great.

Akon is a great singer, and one of my favorite. He is by far the biggest hip-hop artist alive.

lol... Eminem is the biggest selling artist of the 2000's and far outsells Akon. Even 50 Cent is more successful.

Why people keep getting mad at Chris Brown he cool in my book. I'm actually off work on vacation from September 25 to October 4th (thats when i was going to London. MMMM I'm thinking. I would have to start lookin for a hotel

I'm not getting into an argument, but just to defend myself:
I'm not bashing everything the family does. I'm bashing Jermaine & his tribute etc.
Why is criticising Jermaine not honouring Michael's memory? That makes no sense.
Jermaine & Michael are 2 separate people. Family or not.
They are plenty of things Michael did and said that I don't, but it doesn't mean I'm dishonouring him?!
He liked Charlie Chaplin. I don't find him funny at all - does that mean I'm dishonouring his memory?

Oh, and talking of dishonouring, 4 words: Word to the Badd

A couple of words here. I don't know how one is going to bash a tribute that hasn't occurred yet and regardless of one's feelings toward Jermaine, this I'm sure this will be one of many MJ Tributes held in the next year or so.

It wouldn't matter who Jermaine got for the tribute because someone somewhere would be critical of the choices. The bottom line to remember here is that this is all FOR MICHAEL.

I think that many are losing track of this important point. If no tributes were being planned, some of you would criticize the family for not doing anything.

So do yourselves a favor and lighten up. Be grateful that there are enough performers in the world who loved Michael enough to want to do something to honor him.

Jermaine is just doing this to further his own public profile. As always, he is using his brothers fame to his own advantage.

Are any MJ fans even remotely bothered about this crappy event? Get a real job Jermaine and stop leeching off your dead brother.

You took the words right out of my mouth!:clapping:

I don't consider Akon Hip Hop at all - he's a singer, not a rapper and is more R&B Pop to me, like Rihanna is.

I like Akon's pop sensibility & like "Beautiful" and "Right Now" - ok, it's the same beat over both songs, but he sounds better than mostly anyone on the radio - which is GARBAGE.

I anxiously await Usher's new album because my ears can't take in any more GARBAGE.

he sounds better than anyone on the radio???!! well, all i know is that when people say today's garbage, i directly refer to akon... so if akon is not garbage, then who is it?? can u give a bit of example/s?

Why are you guys arguing about these artists? This is about and for Michael.

It ani't about them.

A couple of words here. I don't know how one is going to bash a tribute that hasn't occurred yet and regardless of one's feelings toward Jermaine.....
It wouldn't matter who Jermaine got for the tribute because someone somewhere would be critical of the choices. The bottom line to remember here is that this is all FOR MICHAEL.

But that's exactly the point, it isn't for Michael at all. Or his fans.
None of Michael's charities are represented and the ones that are are dubious (Earth Care).
Fans are being asked to pay huge sums to attend, and not all tickets give you a view of the stage!
How can anyone say this is for Michael. This is for Jermaine & his acquantainces' pockets.
And believe me, I so want to be proved wrong.

First of all i know Chris Brown did not do a great version off thriller but lets be honest there was only one man who could, Chris is a life long fan of Michael so i think it is great that at lest 1 person is there for the right reasons! I am not looking forward to this tribute but i think people need to lay off the artists performing they have been asked to honor a man that most of them probably idolized so fair play to them! Regarding Jermaine well i want to stay a member of these boards so am not gonna say anything!

I think that many are losing track of this important point. If no tributes were being planned, some of you would criticize the family for not doing anything.

On the contrary I would quite understand! I can hardly bear to put on one of his songs. I think we would all understand. That's what surprises me so much about this.

But that's exactly the point, it isn't for Michael at all. Or his fans.
None of Michael's charities are represented and the ones that are are dubious (Earth Care).
Fans are being asked to pay huge sums to attend, and not all tickets give you a view of the stage!
How can anyone say this is for Michael. This is for Jermaine & his acquantainces' pockets.
And believe me, I so want to be proved wrong.

So what if they are lining their pockets? You are missing the point. The reality here is that people aren't going to perform for free. Once you understand the business aspect of it, that should be set aside. If you don't want to go, then it's simple. Don't support it.

But regardless of who makes what, the reason why it's happening in the first place is because of Michael Jackson and that's for real. Everything is not going to be about people performing and turning their fee over to a MJ charity, although I thought I understood that some of the proceeds are going to charity.

If you guys can do better, then I suggest you organize and promote a MJ tribute. You book the stars you want and get the venture and promote it.

Then you can choose to turn over the profits to any MJ supported charity that you want.

On the contrary I would quite understand! I can hardly bear to put on one of his songs. I think we would all understand. That's what surprises me so much about this.
No, you have to speak for yourself on that one. Not all people feel the same way you do. However if all of this is just too painful for you to deal with, then don't. Talking about it for you only makes you more upset.

If you guys can do better, then I suggest you organize and promote a MJ tribute. You book the stars you want and get the venture and promote it.

Then you can choose to turn over the profits to any MJ supported charity that you want.

I think that's a very good idea!

Why in the photos section of the site is there only pictures of Jermaine?

So what if they are lining their pockets? You are missing the point. The reality here is that people aren't going to perform for free.
I've referred to them previously - Live 8, the Diana tribute. These were all free admission and yet had incredible line-ups.
The reason for this is two-fold.
a. Some or all artists perform for free
b. The revenue from TV rights, merchandise and sponsorship is phenomenal and more than enough to cover all overheads. Well known fact.

Ok, I am not gonna say anything bad but I do feel the way a majority of you guys feel. :(

Just wanna say that I am looking forward to Mary J. Blige. She is a HUGE Michael Jackson fan. She was on 'The Ones' DVD and she just couldn't contain her love for Michael. She also said very beautiful words about him after his death. . . Something like 'My Angel has flown back home. . .'

I am interested in Akon too since he has recently worked with Michael and has unreleased music with him. Akon has always been sincere about his feelings for Michael to me.

I don't know about Sister Sledge or US5, but I am thinking because the tribute is held in Europe, these acts are very well known there.

Chris Brown. . . tsk tsk. . . I do think Chris is a Michael fanatic, but is definitely using this opportunity to heal his damaged image.

I'm more looking forward to Janet's tribute this upcoming wknd.

Jackson’s ‘Tribute’ offers big ticket price, but no performers:Jermaine Jackson’s concert scam

msnbc.com
updated 9:30 a.m. ET Sept. 8, 2009

On Tuesday, Jermaine Jackson will unveil plans for the “The Tribute,” the September 26 concert dedicated to his brother Michael, to be held in Vienna, Austria. The concert was originally announced in mid-August, and has yet to draw any of the big names Jackson originally bandied about — Larry King’s wife Shawn was the biggest name attached, and has since dropped out.
Regardless of who appears on the roster after Tuesday’s announcement, ticket holders should be wary. The fine print on the show’s Web site makes no guarantees that any performers touted will show, and if they don’t, there’s no getting your money back.
Jermaine Jackson and the producers will make every attempt to present some of the world’s leading artists, however there is no right or legal claim whatsoever that certain artists will perform ‘The Tribute’,” according to the site. “All ticket sales are final. Any refund or discount due to the performance or non-performance of a specific artist is hereby explicitly excluded.”

Tickets range from $78-$702, based on current exchange rates (they’re priced in euros), and other Jackson family members aren’t happy with Jermaine for moving forward with little-to-no support. “He’s been told he’s fleecing people in Michael’s name,” said one member of the Jackson clan.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32726977/ns/entertainment-gossip/

Jackson’s ‘Tribute’ offers big ticket price, but no performers:Jermaine Jackson’s concert scam

msnbc.com

On Tuesday, Jermaine Jackson will unveil plans for the “The Tribute,” the September 26 concert dedicated to his brother Michael, to be held in Vienna, Austria. The concert was originally announced in mid-August, and has yet to draw any of the big names Jackson originally bandied about — Larry King’s wife Shawn was the biggest name attached, and has since dropped out.
Regardless of who appears on the roster after Tuesday’s announcement, ticket holders should be wary. The fine print on the show’s Web site makes no guarantees that any performers touted will show, and if they don’t, there’s no getting your money back.
Jermaine Jackson and the producers will make every attempt to present some of the world’s leading artists, however there is no right or legal claim whatsoever that certain artists will perform ‘The Tribute’,” according to the site. “All ticket sales are final. Any refund or discount due to the performance or non-performance of a specific artist is hereby explicitly excluded.”

Tickets range from $78-$702, based on current exchange rates (they’re priced in euros), and other Jackson family members aren’t happy with Jermaine for moving forward with little-to-no support. “He’s been told he’s fleecing people in Michael’s name,” said one member of the Jackson clan.

Do we believe that????

I have a very bad feeling about this concert. Poor Michael. I am horrified about the idea of his "joining the stage for one song". It's TOO SOON for that. Can't Jermaine understand that? And I don't like the idea of Michael's children being brought there either. I can understand why the biggest names don't take part in this tribute. It doesn't look like a tridute at all. :(((

I've referred to them previously - Live 8, the Diana tribute. These were all free admission and yet had incredible line-ups.
The reason for this is two-fold.
a. Some or all artists perform for free
b. The revenue from TV rights, merchandise and sponsorship is phenomenal and more than enough to cover all overheads. Well known fact.
I'm saying that generally speaking, performers don't perform for free. They didn't during Live 8 or the Diana tribute. And it was free for the concertgoers because they had the kind of sponsors with big $$$$$ to make it so. The sad reality here is that this tribute doesn't have that.

msnbc.com

Now if this is true, this would be bad. As in fraud. Let's hope Jermaine isn't that crazy.

he sounds better than anyone on the radio???!! well, all i know is that when people say today's garbage, i directly refer to akon... so if akon is not garbage, then who is it?? can u give a bit of example/s?

Drake & Lil Wayne, T-Pain, that nauseous Birthday Sex guy and the bile and bane of all good music, Soulja Boy Tell Em. :puke:

But I am loving the new Maxwell's Black Summer Nights. :wild:

I mean Janet is not going to be there, i consider her the best MJ representative, Jermaine, why is he doing this, is he gaining any money, this is not at MJ level at all, and whats the point; Michael would have hated this

Drake & Lil Wayne, T-Pain, that nauseous Birthday Sex guy and the bile and bane of all good music, Soulja Boy Tell Em. :puke:

But I am loving the new Maxwell's Black Summer Nights. :wild:

OMG, there is so much bad music played on the radio today. I hate that 'Birthday Sex' song!

Akon's lyrics are usually very sexual, but I love 'Hold My Hand' and I love 'Cry for You' which was Akon's personal tribute to Michael.

I like Akon - my only complaint of him is he uses the SAME drum pattern over all his songs.

But as a songwriter & producer & recording artist, he's waaay better than most. I think he could improve & would like to see what he'll do for the future.

And as a Michael Stan, I approve of his MJ work & love to the King!

And also to Mary J. Blige although I'm not feeling her last 2 singles at ALL.

OMG, there is so much bad music played on the radio today. I hate that 'Birthday Sex' song!

Akon's lyrics are usually very sexual, but I love 'Hold My Hand' and I love 'Cry for You' which was Akon's personal tribute to Michael.

Back