Jackson All-Star Tribute Line-Up Revealed + Promo VIDEO

Originally Posted by elmari

I'm more looking forward to Janet's tribute this upcoming wknd.

mee too :) __________________

Mee Mee Meeee too!

Why?

1) Janet's never nor will capitalize off Michael. EVER.

2) Janet is the only Jackson member who's shown she doesn't need the Jackson name.

3) Michael ADORED his baby sister and always supported her religiously, and she ADORES him just as much.

4) Janet never betrayed Michael, EVER.

5) She's Janet, Ms. Jackson if your nasty.

C'mon Dunk!!!! :clapping::clapping::clapping:

Also, it says A LOT that MTV can book Janet for their MJ tribute, but Janet doesn't want anything to do with Jermaine's/Family's official tribute to Michael. Janet does not approve!!

I thought Chris Brown said that he can't leave the country?!
I hope they stop him at the airport, that lil' bastard should not "gain respect" by the public by being at an event like this.

I think the line up is quite poor, the only one that excites me is Mary J. Blige.
But it will be interesting to watch this.

Also, it says A LOT that MTV can book Janet for their MJ tribute, but Janet doesn't want anything to do with Jermaine's/Family's official tribute to Michael. Janet does not approve!!

Because the only person that it benefits is Jermaine, not Michael.

Why people keep getting mad at Chris Brown he cool in my book. I'm actually off work on vacation from September 25 to October 4th (thats when i was going to London. MMMM I'm thinking. I would have to start lookin for a hotel

I think that people have negative views on him since he beat up his girlfriend...that's so not 'cool' (understatement)

They will announce more artists later this week. There are still two more press conferences to go. I imagine there will be more big names to come.

The show hasnt even started and people are bashing it...can't we all just wait until it's over and then give our opinion??? Im grateful there even is a tribute concert.

:yes:

The prices are too high also. I can see well off people buying tickets who are not even fans. I too can't wait to see what Janet does.

Originally Posted by Vermilion Roadrunners
Why people keep getting mad at Chris Brown he cool in my book. I'm actually off work on vacation from September 25 to October 4th (thats when i was going to London. MMMM I'm thinking. I would have to start lookin for a hotel

Mad at Chris Brown?

You mean the same Chris Brown who beat up his girlfriend's face, bit her fingers and choked her until she passed out, and dumped her unconscious body on the side of the road for dead ... and took off with his bodyguards?

:dropdead:

I don't care that much for Jermaine but some are acting like whiney babies. The man is putting on a tribute concert for his brother, if you disprove of this no one will strap you to your couch and make you watch or force you to attend.

What Michael K at Dlisted said:

"I'm guessing Chris Brown won't be doing his version of "Beat It"?

I don't care that much for Jermaine but some are acting like whiney babies. The man is putting on a tribute concert for his brother, if you disprove of this no one will strap you to your couch and make you watch or force you to attend.

Exactly!

Mary J. Blige to Lead Jackson Tribute in Vienna
September 8, 2009

Artists including R&B stars Mary J. Blige, Akon and Chris Brown as well as veterans Natalie Cole and Sister Sledge will perform at the Vienna Michael Jackson tribute concert later this month, organizers said on Tuesday.

Thirteen artists so far have been confirmed to perform at the concert, set in front of Vienna's Schoenbrunn castle on September 26, Michael's brother Jermaine Jackson and producer Georg Kindel told reporters at a news conference in Vienna.

""""""""Jermaine will sing a virtual duet with his late brother""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""", who died from a drug overdose on June 25 and will be brought to life by video projections on the concert stage.
All the artists will sing Michael Jackson's greatest hits and will be supported by the band and dancers which were to accompany Jackson on his planned "This Is It" series of comeback concerts in London before the king of pop died in June.

In a grand finale, all of them will sing "We Are The World" and "Heal The World" together, Kindel said. Jackson's children and his mother Katherine will also be in Vienna.

A total of 20 to 25 artists are expected for the concert. More names will be revealed at separate news conferences in London on Wednesday and in Berlin on Thursday, Kindel said.

Tickets for the concert are being sold in stages for 63 to 518 euros ($91-$745) each. More than half have been sold.

A virtual duet????? Hmm I wonder which song this could be? It would have to be a song Michael was performing-so it can´t be Smile they don´t have video footage of Michael singing smile-or I´m I wrong??????

Chris Brown is gonna mess up Thriller.
He really shouldn't be in this, it's gonna come off as an insult to MJ because of how terrible CB dances. I won't be looking forward to this.

sorry but last time I checked we are free to say our opinion there is no need to be rude

I really hope the virtual duet with Michael and Jermaine will be of great quality like the Elvis-Celine Dion virtual duet on american idol-see here the duet- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtMnwZKOtwA

I can´t wait to see a virtual Mike on stage!! Great idea!!!

Last edited:
Chris Brown is gonna mess up Thriller.
He really shouldn't be in this, it's gonna come off as an insult to MJ because of how terrible CB dances. I won't be looking forward to this.

Comparing Chris Brown's dancing to Michael Jackson is like watching a professional football player attempting to dance like Fred Astaire.

Michael mixed tribal with graceful, guttural with flowing. He would glide one minute and stomp it out the next.

And it all came out flawless, finished and polished.

Chris Brown's got a lot to learn to try to step in MJ's penny loafers.

Comparing Chris Brown's dancing to Michael Jackson is like watching a professional football player attempting to dance like Fred Astaire.

Michael mixed tribal with graceful, guttural with flowing. He would glide one minute and stomp it out the next.

And it all came out flawless, finished and polished.

Chris Brown's got a lot to learn to try to step in MJ's penny loafers.

The problem is Chris Brown don´t has a dancers body like Mike.

Tell that to Gene Kelly, who despite his stocky athletic build (so hot!) was a MASTER because he practiced, practiced, practiced.

practiced practiced ....but he cannot top Fred Astaire he is the best Hollywood-dancer Gene Kelly comes second -the body makes in the end the difference.

probably because jermaine never really knew michael............i dont think they were that close like how michael was close to people like liz taylor or miko brando

Michael loved his family but i seriosuly dont think he was close to many of them ,well apart from his mother.....they seem clueless about many things in michael's life or even simple things in his life.

Yes,I would agree that in their adult years the brothers in name became distant from one another. Also I agree with you too about his Mother and I would also include Janet. I really like Miko Brando,He must see Michaels visions well.

I just really hope that they make it as special as could be. I also and this is all for Michael,I also hope that many other diverse artists join the show,from young to old..from one race to another. Classic Michael Jackson...with a personal stamp.

I could imagine a virtual Mike singing Man in the Mirror from the Moonwalker film but I don´t sing Jermaine is able to sing this song.It´s not a easy song to sing!

Dont say that ! Come on ! statements like that makes me angry open yr eyes , he did a great job on the WMA 2006 ... so stop hating..

Chris Brown did great job on the WMA 2006???? are you blind and deaf?
That guy cannot sing "Thriller" because he dont have a voice and that's the problem.
Thriller in Chris Brown's mouth it's massacre for my ears...

And Jermaine... after Michael passed away all time Jermaine want's to be spoted in 'electric eyes...'

Dont say that ! Come on ! statements like that makes me angry open yr eyes , he did a great job on the WMA 2006 ... so stop hating..
what he done that night was a disgrace :bugeyed

probably because jermaine never really knew michael............i dont think they were that close like how michael was close to people like liz taylor or miko brando

Michael loved his family but i seriosuly dont think he was close to many of them ,well apart from his mother.....they seem clueless about many things in michael's life or even simple things in his life.

MJ obviously had very few close friends and lost alot because of money issues and his drug problems. I hate sounding anti-MJ, but his family has supported him more than he did them. He did turn his back on his family and pushed them away for whatever reason. I remember Rebbie said in an interview that she didn't see or talk to MJ in a YEAR!!! Even Janet appeared to be distant from MJ in her interviews in the 2000s. It is a really tragic story!

Back