Jackson family tribute concert / October 8th, 2011 / Initial details @ post 87

Do you plan to attend Michael Forever Tribute?

• Yes

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 13 7.3%
  • No

Votes: 162 91.0%

• Total voters
They have been together since 2009, with a break in 08-09. They are currently on tour.

Well what has Alien Ant Farm been doing of late?
Not a dang thing.

I can certainly see a bunch of these folks signing on in order to jumpstart their non-existent careers. And I guess that's fine, BUT is this going to end up looking like a line up of has-beens and talent show winners?

"I know my brother would be very, very proud to see all the artists that he admired and respected so much coming together for this event." Tito Jackson

Really Tito? Apart from Smokey Robinson, and perhaps Christina, did Michael really admire and respect the bunch of has-beens* that have been confirmed so far?

*3T, Alien ant farm, Cee lo, Green, Craig david, JLS, Leona Lewis

Eta: for the heck of it, I also registered for 2 GBP 240 tickets. Let's see how many registrations result in actual purchases. Mine sure won't :tease:

Last edited:

"I know my brother would be very, very proud to see all the artists that he admired and respected so much coming together for this event." Tito Jackson

Really Tito? Apart from Smokey Robinson, and perhaps Christina did Michael really admire and respect the bunch of has-beens* that have been confirmed so far?

Whatever Tito :smilerolleyes:

Seems like they will say or do anything in attempt to give it credibility. :doh:

They have been together since 2009, with a break in 08-09. They are currently on tour.

But think about it for a second. For a pay day we could get back together for one day. Then go our separate ways. I like Christina A she is one hell of a singer but to be frank what has she been up too these days? Her last tour got cancelled and of now I know her more for getting divorced and drinking and getting locked up for it. Would I spend big money to go see these people perform Michael's songs when I can stay home save my money and pop in the DVD that came with the ultimate collection?

christina released "move like jagger" duet with maroon 5 recently and she's a judge on "the voice"

My bad!

I guess their "tours" are so small, they went unnoticed, because Lord knows to the naked eye, they have been M.I.A. for a minute.

Yeah but it is not there fault someone promised big international stars and can't back it up. I could be wrong but it does not appear that there is a guarantee that these stars would appear. It seems like they can back out

:coffee:

Conspiracy theorists claims Michael Jackson still alive and due to appear at Cardiff tribute concert

* by Clare Hutchinson, Wales On Sunday
* Aug 14 2011

The Jackson family announce the tribute concert on the Millennium Stadium big screen

W***O fans of Michael Jackson have claimed the Thriller singer is alive – and due to make his comeback on a Welsh stage later this year.

Conspiracy theories have swirled around the late King of Pop ever since his death in 2009, with supposed “sightings” of the singer alive and well cropping up around the world.

But in a strange twist, fans are now claiming their idol will make a shock comeback in front of millions of TV viewers at a Michael Jackson tribute concert due to take place at Cardiff’s Millennium Stadium on October 8. Die-hard fans claim a trail of shadowy “clues” all point to a comeback, including:

- The decision to hold the show in Cardiff is a reference to the Cardiff Giant, one of the best-known hoaxes to have ever taken place.

- The tribute concert will take place on the same date as a tribute to Elvis Presley 17 years ago, which J***o attended with his then-wife and Elvis’ daughter Lisa-Marie Presley.

- A mystery tweet sent by producer Teddy Riley, who worked with J***o, is supposed to have hinted October 8 will be the day he “rose from the dead”.

- A message posted on the official website for the tribute concert purporting to be from J***o’s mum, Katherine, saying: “I’ll see you on October 8, 2011”, which fans believe is actually from the King of Pop himself.

- The choice of Wales is a reference to Diana, the Princess of Wales, whose former father-in-law Mohammed Al Fayed erected a statue of Michael Jackson outside Fulham Football Club earlier this year. Fans claim the statue is so poor it can only be part of an elaborate hoax.

- The logo for the concert’s promoter, Global Live Events, appears to have the word “alive” in it.

The bizarre claims have been made in forums on conspiracy websites dedicated to the King of Pop.

Meanwhile, conspiracy theorists have left messages on an official Facebook page set up for October’s concert to “spread the word”.

One blogger, Suspicious Mind, wrote: “Funny thing, this Cardiff Giant thing. Kind of makes me think of a hoax within a hoax within a hoax.”

It comes days after the concert’s line-up was finally announced, with performances from stars including Christina Aguilera, X Factor singer Leona Lewis, soul legend Smokey Robinson, Cee Lo Green and boy band JLS.

Read More: http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...tribute-concert-91466-29230239/#ixzz1V6hdpGQD

(How hard is it to write J-A-C-K-S-O-N... dammit)

Yeah but it is not there fault someone promised big international stars and can't back it up. I could be wrong but it does not appear that there is a guarantee that these stars would appear. It seems like they can back out
If some of that galaxy of international superstars don't show up, that's okay, because the various Jackson family members preparing to perform will make up the 50% necessary to keep the show afloat. LOL!

Tito you are now a member of the use Michael for your own cause group

To be fair to Tito, what else could he say?

"I'm so proud that we could only get young inexperience, to has-beens, and even some classic artist to be part of this event because my family's rep sucks that much."

Also, some of these artist do respect and love Michael, they're just not international stars except for Christina A, who I love too. So, it isn't a complete lie.

To be fair to Tito, what else could he say?

"I'm so proud that we could only get young inexperience, to has-beens, and even some classic artist to be part of this event because my family's rep sucks that much."

If he said that I think the fans would appreciate the honesty
349b88k.gif

In my opinion, they should have waited before they and/or he said anything.

They were obviously making these claims before anybody was signed. The way they went on, they lead folks to believe they ALREADY had that galaxy of international superstars signed up. Now we know that wasn't true.

They should have waited before they said: it would be a show fit for a king, because thus far, this show is not fit for a king.

So what if the concert is a great positive success and makes MIchael shine.
Will that hurt any fans egos ??

Well, then I'd be glad, extremely glad, that it had a positive impact on Michael's legacy. However, it still won't make me change my mind about the inappropriateness of certain aspects of the concert.

Well, chances are it will have some measure of success. For example, the Victory Tour had its moments despite the terrible ticket system. Even the Jackson Family Honor has some good stuff from Berry G and Liz. Even the cheestasic Jackson Variety Show is liked by fans because Michael showed probably the most variety in his dancing skills. I honestly didn't know he could tap dance so well until I saw his videos. So, I don't think it would bomb completely.

At the same time however Michael himself was there to act as a buffer to all those events. Now that I really think about I can't think of anything the Jacksons have done that was successful that Michael wasn't involve in some form. I guess we could count the reality show, but most people just watched it just to see some form of Michael and hear the brothers talk about him. Not to mention the train wreck which was them recording a song.

Theres diff prices. The plan and prices are a couple of pages back. Range from something like 60 pounds for limited view upto around 300 pounds

Well, chances are it will have some measure of success. For example, the Victory Tour had its moments despite the terrible ticket system. Even the Jackson Family Honor has some good stuff from Berry G and Liz. Even the cheestasic Jackson Variety Show is liked by fans because Michael showed probably the most variety in his dancing skills. I honestly didn't know he could tap dance so well until I saw his videos. So, I don't think it would bomb completely.

At the same time however Michael himself was there to act as a buffer to all those events. Now that I really think about I can't think of anything the Jacksons have done that was successful that Michael wasn't involve in some form. I guess we could count the reality show, but most people just watched it just to see some form of Michael and hear the brothers talk about him. Not to mention the train wreck which was them recording a song.

I've answered Qbee's question, and I agree with you. The chances of this being a success is slim to none. It's a rushed, poorly organised production. They made all the promises under the sun before securing a single artist, the ticket system sucks and the prices too high. The artists they've managed to sign-on (many of them at least) so far, don't fit the description of promised talent. And this time there is no Michael to set things right, but we shall see.

BINGO, and they know that as well. That's why they waiting all of those years for Michael to join them on stage again, instead of TRYING to carve out something for themselves that didn't include Michael.

All of those WASTED years, dang shame, in my opinion.

It wouldn't have been as big without Michael, but so what, it could have still been RESPECTABLE and something they could be standing on now.

Really Tito? Apart from Smokey Robinson, and perhaps Christina, did Michael really admire and respect the bunch of has-beens* that have been confirmed so far?

Eta: for the heck of it, I also registered for 2 GBP 240 tickets. Let's see how many registrations result in actual purchases. Mine sure won't :tease:

Can you seriously stop it.

CeeLo is HARDLY a has been. In fact he is more popular now than he has ever been, iuncluding when he was with The Goodie Mob. Leona Lewis is still very current and very talented. If I remember corrrectly, And it is from memory, MJ did respect Craig David and Craig has always said positive things about him (correct me if I am wrong). JLS, though they are bublegum, I think are at least popular now in the UK.

The point I'm making is, they may not be who you would like, they may not seem to be what was promsed, but that does not mean you have to exxagerrate their status or demean the artists who have signed up. These are people who have always repped for MJ and I think they really want to honor him. You may not like certain aspects of the tribute show, but can we please stop belittling these fellow fans of MJ who want to do something good for him? :sigh:

It is so disheartening to see fellow fans act this way. I am not talking about the other aspects of the show that is of course going to garner disapproval. I mean specifically the aspect I mentioned above.

wouldn't hurt mine. but even though it might be a huge huge success it wouldn't change my opinion of it being inappropriate timing and not good enough.

Let's be brutally honest here, look to most known examples of tribute concerts for Freddy Mercury and Princess Diana. See the line-ups? If a tribute for Michael is going to be done I would expect the biggest artists out there and I'm sure most of them would be a part. U2 and Madonna demonstrated that they would do tributes to Michael. Usher, Chris Brown, Jamie Foxx, Bruno Mars had their tributes and covers as well. there's a large group of people that loves Michael and says so such as Beyonce, Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber. there are a lot of musicians that worked with Michael and/or friends with him Lenny Kravitz, Akon, William / Black eyed Peas/ Fergie etc. I would also include people that knew him for a long time such as Diana Ross, Elton John, Stevie Wonder, Lionel Richie etc. add to that all the Jacksons - yes even including the new generations. and then give an open invite to any artist that wants to take part. That would be something worthy of Michael Jackson. That would be something worthy of me spending thousands of dollars to attend. Simply put this is not that.

edited to add: and I'm not saying this as being disrespectful to other artists. I said this before I love and listen to Alien Ant Farm's Smooth criminal cover almost everyday but they are not significant enough to be considered as a star or big name. I loved and listened to christina as well but honestly she hasn't been as popular, good or successful as she has been before. cee lo and smokey are legends in their own right but they aren't that current. Leona Lewis is successful but she's not that main stream , she's more like an alternative act. jls I haven't heard of them before now.

So this tribute could be a success and it wouldn't bug me or hurt my ego but to me it will still be not good enough and inappropriately timed and priced.

Back