Jackson family tribute concert / October 8th, 2011 / Initial details @ post 87

Do you plan to attend Michael Forever Tribute?

• Yes

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 13 7.3%
  • No

Votes: 162 91.0%

• Total voters
Maybe they will invite Diane Dimond or Stacey Brown to introduce Gene Simmons and Kiss to the stage.

You know, since they ALL believe the very same thing about Michael Jackson.

Knowing Rebbie's relationship with Stacey Brown, he probably have front row tickets and will make a speech.

Gaz - Please release a statement regarding this. We as a community need to boycott this concert, and we need to spread the word to educate other fans.

yes please DO NOT tweet to Paris about Gene Simmons and what he said.

I believe that Paris is a member of MJJC or simply ... she has found many many articles about MJ on the net..., so... IMO its better if she gets the info from MJ fans... and we can let her know our support for MJ.

I'm sorry but I feel I have to say this:
Katherine Jackson: Michael loved you very much but clearly you are not in the position to organize such an event! This is not a home birthday party that nobody will ever hear of, this is supposed to be a mega event honoring your son. What you're doing, willingly or not is not the question, is bad! It's wrong and Michael's legacy does not deserve to be treated like this! I feel terrible that I'm saying this to you but this has GONE TOO FAR! If you want to express your thoughts about Michael publicly, you shouldn't go to Oprah. And if you want to comemorate your son you don't invite people on the stage who have publicly declared your son a criminal! The least you could do is do some research on the history of the people you're planing to invite. Something that you obviously failed to do!
Cancel this charade of a disgrace of a con!

Cancel it now!!! And let the professionals do what they certainly could do much better!!!!!

Someone found innocent of murder that has nothing at all to do with Michael. Not sure why she was brought up.

exactly my point! Neither do the 90% of the rest of these fools. Most of that list is irrelevant or crap.

exactly my point! Neither do the 90% of the rest of these fools. Most of that list is irrelevant or crap.

So you are comparing artists who are fans of Michael to some woman who was accused of murdering her child?

OMG! I said in a very early post that nothing would surprise me about this tribute.... I was wrong.
At the juncture I would whole heartedly support an mjjc boycott of this event, perhaps we could take a vote?

I am so sorry Michael, you are worth so much more than this, I don't know how your family could be so disrespectful.

I'm having a serious headache right now. I don't feel good at all.
I already didn't cherish that family (except MJ's kids) in my heart, now they are dead in my book.

This is BEYOND disgusting.

MJ TRIBUTE CONCERT
Gene Simmons to Perform Despite Calling MJ a Pedophile

Pretty ironic -- Gene Simmons, who called Michael Jackson a hard-core pedophile, will perform at the MJ Tribute Concert.

Katherine Jackson was on CNN this AM, talking about the concert, when promoters revealed that KISS would be performing.

Yet Gene Simmons went on record last year -- mind you, a year after MJ died -- saying, "There is no question in my mind he molested those kids. Not a doubt."

Simmons went on to say, "The only sexual references ever made about Michael Jackson that were made by anyone, anywhere around the world, have always been made by kids, and specifically males usually 10 to 14 years of age; never females, that age or older, and never grown men."

Hate the man. Love the music.

http://www.tmz.com/2011/08/15/micha...interview-katherine-jackson-cnn-announcement/

more of what Gene Simmons had to say: (thanks to a twitter post by a fan):

As funeral arrangements were underway for pop star Michael Jackson, Gene Simmons, lead singer and bassist of the heavy metal group Kiss, took great pains to remind us of some of the less savory chapters in Jackson’s life. Simmons told The Canadian Press in a telephone interview from Los Angeles on Thursday that he’s sick of celebrity tributes to Jackson and wants to hear from children who accused the King of Pop of sexual molestation.

I am just speechless.

On the other hand, when I look at the FB page, it seems like they just shot themselves in the foot. Might be a "blessing" in disguise.

I'm just done.

For the Jacksons it's always about the short term quick easy buck. The quicker and easier the better.

They have no interest in long term goals or preserving anyone's legacy, let alone their own.

It's amazing to me that they don't realize a GOOD proper tribute that was well organized and for charity and with a good line up and the estate on board would be a million times better for them in the long run than this mess right now, even if it didn't give them money in the short term. People would actually respect them, the industry would stop thinking of them as money grubbers. It would help Michael's name and legacy.

But no, they don't care. Just like the Victory tour, nothing changes for them.

This is embarrassing, disgusting.

Gene's comments get to be printed and circulated yet again!

Amazing. I don't even know what can be said now.

Very unwise decision from the organisation to include Kiss, but what I really don't understand is how Gene Simmons, if he really believes Michael was such an evil man, would agree to perform. This boggles my mind. It just makes no sense.

:censored::no:

The blatant disregard for Michael is disgusting. How could they? It's as if Michael's life meant nothing... I guess the host of the "tribute" show will be Tom Sneddon?

This is beyond heartbreaking...

Very unwise decision from the organisation to include Kiss, but what I really don't understand is how Gene Simmons, if he really believes Michael was such an evil man, would agree to perform. This boggles my mind. It just makes no sense.

michael said it best - money.

Perhaps to say something / sing something to destroy the occasion.....who knows. I find the whole thing unbelievable. (It will be either money or publicity or both).

(Equally can't believe someone on FB is threatening to burn down the stadium....after the week we've just had in the UK...)

Last edited:
Back