Jackson family tribute concert / October 8th, 2011 / Initial details @ post 87

Do you plan to attend Michael Forever Tribute?

• Yes

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 13 7.3%
  • No

Votes: 162 91.0%

• Total voters
So to boost the sales, they announce Kiss (and no one else by the way...)

Just imagine the reaction of the fans if Kiss really shows up on stage.
Will it be the coldest welcome ever... or a riot? Well, people who will have paid for tickets probably agree at Kiss presence.. which is beyons my understanding but... well, let's see.

Oh yes money... I thought a tribute concert was done without fees, you know, to honour your hero. To me, it seems inappropriate to want to make money from that, but that's my naive self perhaps.

And if you are disgusted by someone, it's just immoral to make money to honour that person. Twisted.

Very unwise decision from the organisation to include Kiss, but what I really don't understand is how Gene Simmons, if he really believes Michael was such an evil man, would agree to perform. This boggles my mind. It just makes no sense.

He was probably offered good money. He must be really enjoying himself right now.

Moonwalker.Fan;3458746 said:
more of what Gene Simmons had to say: (thanks to a twitter post by a fan):

As funeral arrangements were underway for pop star Michael Jackson, Gene Simmons, lead singer and bassist of the heavy metal group Kiss, took great pains to remind us of some of the less savory chapters in Jackson’s life. Simmons told The Canadian Press in a telephone interview from Los Angeles on Thursday that he’s sick of celebrity tributes to Jackson and wants to hear from children who accused the King of Pop of sexual molestation.

And I repeat: Simmons told The Canadian Press in a telephone interview from Los Angeles on Thursday that he’s sick of celebrity tributes to Jackson and wants to hear from children who accused the King of Pop of sexual molestation.

now remember this guy..is gonna be in the SAME arena with Prince Paris and Blanket..I really dont know what to say anymore...speechless...

in the video above they annouce Pixie Lott , Alexandra Burke and Diversity.

kiss announcement isn't there

I never read b4 the hate coming from this arsehole.but to see all his comments on here is yet another kick in the stomach.thank you jacksons as no doubt his comments get plastered around the world in the media

Gaz - MJJC boycott announcement PLEASE
We have have had ENOUGH of this garbage !!

update :

The Estate’s response re Tribute concert (paraphrased): The Estate is outraged, and we’ll be issuing a statement today.

The poster was right about the talent show management connection

video[/QUO
thank you fpor posting Iy..it seems as though Katherine has NO IDEA WHO it is that she is doing business with...but.she he is her PARTNER and she TRUSTS him....this is bad VERY bad

Re. Diversity (just a quick interlude)...Jermaine was a judge on a British TV show in late 09 /early 10 called ' Move like Michael', where he was choosing a dancer to perform at the 'Wembley tribute concert'....I would have thought he could at least have contacted the winner to get them on to this tribute ....that is if it goes ahead in the light of today's abhorrent announcement.) (I hope not)

Katherine Jackson looks so uncomfortable in that video. It looks odd.

Is it certain that Kiss was even anounced? As it is not in this video...

Katherine doesnt care aslong as theres a pay cheque.and her kids dont care how she is used cause they are the one who benefit from the cash

ivy;3458783 said:
update :

The Estate’s response re Tribute concert (paraphrased): The Estate is outraged, and we’ll be issuing a statement today.

I hope they can stop them. God...........2 years ago, I never thought that I will be in this position being so angry about the J family and supporting the estate so much.

I've kept from commenting so far but WTF is this??? I'm so angry right now that I'm actually in tears. Michael deserves a huge, well organized, beautiful tribute concert and what does he get? Gene Simmons..!! There's no way to justify that, no way. Who next, Nikki Sixx?

Michael -I'm so sorry, you deserve much better.

:cry:

Katherine Jackson looks so uncomfortable in that video. It looks odd.

Is it certain that Kiss was even anounced? As it is not in this video...

It is certain. I saw it with my own eyes on CNN International a couple of hours ago.

^Jmie: Yes I saw it too, but I have this small hope it was just Gene Simmons pulling a prank by saying he is in, while he is not. Just to get publicity, like he did last year over his MJ opinions.

edit: I only saw it in wrting, not them actually saying it.

It is certain. I saw it with my own eyes on CNN International a couple of hours ago.

yes it's certain. there are people that even recorded it and uploading it as we speak. CNN just omitted it from the video that they posted on their website.

^Jmie: Yes I saw it too, but I have this small hope it was just Gene Simmons pulling a prank by saying he is in, while he is not. Just to get publicity, like he did last year over his MJ opinions.

edit: I only saw it in wrting, not them actually saying it.

it doesn't matter if he's pulling a prank. what matters is the organisers of the Michael Jackson tribute thought it was appropriate to invite him to perform and Katherine Jackson proudly announced him on TV.

Ivy: Where you have the comment about the Estate? Is it from the online-team?

Pixie lott and alexandra burke will be a big draw in the uk, tho I guess not global artists. I'm gonna hold my thoughts on kiss until I see official confirmation. They were not announced in the video.

it doesn't matter if he's pulling a prank. what matters is the organisers of the Michael Jackson tribute thought it was appropriate to invite him to perform and Katherine Jackson proudly announced him on TV.

Of course, but I meant him just blabbing away without even having talked to the tribute organisers. Just to cause a stir. But that's not really an option if the organisers said so themselves that he would perform, as seems to have been said on tape. I just can't believe it.

BINGO, and they know that as well. That's why they waiting all of those years for Michael to join them on stage again, instead of TRYING to carve out something for themselves that didn't include Michael.

All of those WASTED years, dang shame, in my opinion.

It wouldn't have been as big without Michael, but so what, it could have still been RESPECTABLE and something they could be standing on now.

Totally agree. ANYTHING would have been better than what they have now, which is NOTHING, they could've done something with their career, maybe then they'd be somewhat respected and they wouldn't be reduced to only being Michael Jackson's siblings.

The people taking part in the tribute very much are worthy to be part of a tribute to MJ
Alien Ant Farm is not worhty of being a of a tribute to MJ, unless you think a band that called Michael Jackson a weirdo, a pedophile etc etc is worthy of being there. The others are, but they are NOT.

Kiss announcement on CNN - Now you can see and hear it for yourself

Actually I'm not surprised by this. Marc Schaffel, Dieter Weisner, Henry Vacarro, Raymone Bain the list goes on and on have all been linked to Mrs. Jackson these past two years. It wouldn't surprise me if Diane Dimond or Bashir are allowed to interview Michael's children. I must revise my earlier position, a completely empty stadium would be quit fitting for this tribute. Empty seats and empty roster. No matter how empathetic one is, there is no justification for this or contractually binded his children to it. SMDH

Back