jackson family's asian ancestry

mikejoejackluver

Proud Member
i read on another mj fansite that michael said that his family was of asian descent because katherine was 1/4 chinese. do you guy kno if this is true? joe did describe latoya as looking like 'an asian baby' when she was born. do you guys know if this is true? when and where did michael say this because this is the first i've ever heard of it

Never heard of that and i don't think any of them have mentioned it. Alot of babies looks asian lol. Some fans are always making up or exaggerating michael's ancestry like someone said joe was half black and half white.

I know there's Indian and white in the family! Joe don't get blue eyes from the sky u know lol I heard Asian too! One of Michael friends mention it in an article a friend of 17yrs that was a fan of MJs. MJ was close her twin daughters for yrs and there are pictures to prove it and video because they were at his dangerous concert!!

Brian Oxman mentioned MJ Asian ancestry on TV a few yrs ago and Janet mentioned it in a song of hers too! So, yes I think It's true! Plus, MJ when he went to japan he said it's good to be home!

So, no there is no exaggeration here! For what? The Jackson family are a mix raced family, what's wrong with that!? Shame more people don't no this and/or can can't except it! And now the new generation of Jacksons are mostly half Hispanic, lots of em are like some of Jermaine kids and 3T! :)

Last edited:
There are lots of exaggeration, the jacksona are balck well the new generation is mixed but i never said there was anything wrong with that. It's just some fans try to make michael out to be something he was not, he was not biracial and his parents weren't either, they have metioned native american ancestry and possibly some white ancestry. Joe has green eyes but they seem to change a bit so maybe they appear blue sometimes. Black people can have colored eyes too. Hispanic isn't a race it's a culture.

There are lots of exaggeration, the jacksona are balck well the new generation is mixed but i never said there was anything wrong with that. It's just some fans try to make michael out to be something he was not, he was not biracial and his parents weren't either, they have metioned native american ancestry and possibly some white ancestry. Joe has green eyes but they seem to change a bit so maybe they appear blue sometimes. Black people can have colored eyes too. Hispanic isn't a race it's a culture.

Yea, I know it's not a race! Being Puerto Rican myself I know this! But, most say that anyway so I'm used to it sorry! What I should have said was it's still apart of who they are, it's their heritage too! And it shouldn't be ignored or act like it's not important same with the fact that MJ family have native American and white ancestry too!

But, everyone can believe what they want I guess even though the proof is there!

i've read joe,katherine,michael,and latoya's autobiographies and they did not mention having asian blood at all. i know people that michael was close to said that he said he was but is there any proof from michael firsthand that he said that?

the jacksons are not a mixed race family-they are black with indian and white heritage but they are identified as black. i mean the second generation(michael and his siblings). katherine's autobiography does not mention any asian blood and neither does joseph's.

kathrine is halfblack and half Navite american, (indian)
the native indian is on joes side. someone said katherine mentioned it in some book or interview but ive never seen it

i read on another mj fansite that michael said that his family was of asian descent because katherine was 1/4 chinese. do you guy kno if this is true? joe did describe latoya as looking like 'an asian baby' when she was born. do you guys know if this is true? when and where did michael say this because this is the first i've ever heard of it

Well, it was Michael who told it to a Taiwanese family he befriended in the last 17 years of his life. Here is the story: http://mjmemoriestaiwan.blogspot.com/2010/07/taiwanese-fans-beautiful-memories-of.html

He even referred to himself as Chinese. As according to Michael his mother Katherine was of a quarter Chinese descent. Ma never asked Katherine about it, but Michael often expressed his strong desire to perform in China.

joe's paternal great greandfather was a full blooded native american i read,and joe's mother was half white,half black. that i know,but im curious about the supposed asian ancestry. and yes,blanket does look very exotic-being a blend of african american,native american,white,and hispanic.

yeah joe talks about his native history in his book. katherine has white in her family going back around 4 generations. think it was kendals browns (who became scruse) father.

the couple say that he said this but that isnt first hand knowlegde of michael himself or anyone in his family confirming this so i still dont see this as evidence that he said that.
but he totally could have been,after all naomi campbell and tyson beckford both have asian ancestry

yes its in joes book thats available on the net.he talks about his ancestors. and years back i read about it in other books

I know there's Indian and white in the family! Joe don't get blue eyes from the sky u know lol I heard Asian too! One of Michael friends mention it in an article a friend of 17yrs that was a fan of MJs. MJ was close her twin daughters for yrs and there are pictures to prove it and video because they were at his dangerous concert!!

Brian Oxman mentioned MJ Asian ancestry on TV a few yrs ago and Janet mentioned it in a song of hers too! So, yes I think It's true! Plus, MJ when he went to japan he said it's good to be home!

So, no there is no exaggeration here! For what? The Jackson family are a mix raced family, what's wrong with that!? Shame more people don't no this and/or can can't except it! And now the new generation of Jacksons are mostly half Hispanic, lots of em are like some of Jermaine kids and 3T! :)

Totally agree with you and I have seen Mrs. Ma and her twin girls too.

the jacksons,like most afican americans are not just black. they are a mixture of african american,white,and native american. and maybe chinese too. but ,they are still a black family. mike never referred to himself as mixed race,he said he was black.

isnt that stating the obvious. u asked about ancestory

i've read joe,katherine,michael,and latoya's autobiographies and they did not mention having asian blood at all. i know people that michael was close to said that he said he was but is there any proof from michael firsthand that he said that?

the jacksons are not a mixed race family-they are black with indian and white heritage but they are identified as black. i mean the second generation(michael and his siblings). katherine's autobiography does not mention any asian blood and neither does joseph's.
Yep! Just like the majority of Black people in America.

the jacksons,like most afican americans are not just black. they are a mixture of african american,white,and native american. and maybe chinese too. but ,they are still a black family. mike never referred to himself as mixed race,he said he was black.
:clapping::clapping::clapping: Never ever Never ever Never ever Never ever described themselves as anything other than Black. Never ever. Out of all of the interviews that members of the entire Jackson family has given, Never Ever have they talked about being anything other than Black.
The truth is if the Jackson can claim anything other than Black, so can every Black person in America.

Only the second and third generation of Jacksons can claim mixed ancestry.

:clapping::clapping::clapping: Never ever Never ever Never ever Never ever described themselves as anything other than Black. Never ever. Out of all of the interviews that members of the entire Jackson family has given, Never Ever have they talked about being anything other than Black.
The truth is if the Jackson can claim anything other than Black, so can every Black person in America.

obviously they r a black family they cant anything other but black. u cannot claim something u r only 1/100th of. nobody here stated they r mixed which clearly they r not

Last edited:

why you all so touchy. everyone knows they are black. if cant discuss something as basic as this without getting all defensive then thats pretty sad. the topic was about ancestory. i guess you dont know what that word means!

so true about black people in america,im black but i know that i have white and native american blood in my veins but im still considered black,cuz i am.

on another note,if the jacksons do have asian blood,that would explain why blanket is so exotic looking- being african american,native american,white,and chinese. he's such a cute child.

why you all so touchy. everyone knows they are black. if cant discuss something as basic as this without getting all defensive then thats pretty sad. the topic was about ancestory. i guess you dont know what that word means!

Why don't people discuss the ancestry of white americans. It goes both ways.

Why don't people discuss the ancestry of white americans. It goes both ways.
the thread starter is contradicting himself why ask if u know already what they are. its clear as the day that white americans hail from some place in europe
NOT a SINGLE PERSON here claimed the Jcksons were mixed. NO one here is trying to take their ''blackness'' away from them. there is no need to turn every thread into a racial issue, this is a msgboard not america
First this

Then this

Then

so true about black people in america,im black but i know that i have white and native american blood in my veins but im still considered black,cuz i am.
on another note,if the jacksons do have asian blood,that would explain why blanket is so exotic looking- being african american,native american,white,and chinese. he's such a cute child.

Last edited:
Back