Jackson fans line up for 'This Is It' tickets + AEG president: Jackson movie should clear co. name

Re: AEG president: Jackson movie should clear co. name

Well, they are HIGHLY suspicious - regardless, I'm gonna support the movie.

"Some of the things that people have said about us, which are so untrue, this movie's going to restore his legacy, and prove that we, in fact, gave Michael a second chance here.

What the hell is that supposed to mean?? Michael was supposed to be grateful to AEG for this opportunity?

He's Michael fucking Jackson. He was the biggest thing to ever happen to AEG.

What the hell is that supposed to mean?? Michael was supposed to be grateful to AEG for this opportunity?

He's Michael fucking Jackson. He was the biggest thing to ever happen to AEG.

hey i didn't write that really really i didn't write that at all :no: :thinking: i think someone was in my name and did that sorry to say that but it wasn't me at all :yes:
i think someone use my name and did that :thinking:

Re: People Lining Up Already In LA For Tickets!

Industry experts always either underestimate or over rate! Who gives a crap what they think will happen, they aren't psychic so they have no clue what will happen.

They are a bunch of critics and they can go shove it! All the 1 million people that got tickets to the tour are going to want to see the movie of what could of been! Plus you have ALL the people that missed out on concert tickets who will go to see the movie! Plus the general public who since Michael's death have shown a strong interest (Michael has broken chart records since his death and has sold 15 million albums!).

Then you have new fans who have just discovered him since his death. The name MICHAEL JACKSON in itself has always brought "high demand", over a BILLION people watched his memorial! Tell me when in Michael's whole career has there ever been no "high demand"? Please these industry experts can go Beat It! lol

hey i didn't write that really really i didn't write that at all :no: :thinking: i think someone was in my name and did that sorry to say that but it wasn't me at all :yes:
i think someone use my name and did that :thinking:

It's someone in the article you posted who says that, no one think it was you :)

have these people got nothing better to do?!

there is no way I would queue like this for cinema tickets, I don't see it as something a fan should do at all, it's just a bit excessive.

There is nothing excessive about it! I can remember queuing all night for the WMA! Its what Michael fans do!!!!! XXXX

PERFECT! I was highly insulted when I read somewhere that it's doubtful that TII would do as well as Miley Cyrus' concert movie. No offense to Miley, but come on now...you don't compare her to MICHAEL JACKSON!!!

Maybe in 30 more years when she's proven her staying power as he did, but now? No way.

Amazing!!!!!!!!! MJ fans rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

We should open a thread about how to make this bigger by going a few times each to the movies! I'm going twice!:D

and that's y the majority of the footage will be from the inception of the tour and conceptualizing. it' snot gonna be from june and right up to his death. very little will show that cuz u can tell mj deteriorated b adly.....

this is for them, not for mike or his estate. glad they pointed that out

have these people got nothing better to do?!

there is no way I would queue like this for cinema tickets, I don't see it as something a fan should do at all, it's just a bit excessive.

Everyone is different. That's what makes the world an interesting place.

I saw the same thing when the iPhone hit the market. Never would I ever stand in line to be the first to get a phone, but for Michael, maybe so.

It's someone in the article you posted who says that, no one think it was you :)

ooh thanks i just got scary cause i know that is not my words :smilerolleyes::scratch:

thanks for telling me that mariemarie :D

Industry experts always either underestimate or over rate! Who gives a crap what they think will happen, they aren't psychic so they have no clue what will happen.

They are a bunch of critics and they can go shove it! All the 1 million people that got tickets to the tour are going to want to see the movie of what could of been! Plus you have ALL the people that missed out on concert tickets who will go to see the movie! Plus the general public who since Michael's death have shown a strong interest (Michael has broken chart records since his death and has sold 15 million albums!).

Then you have new fans who have just discovered him since his death. The name MICHAEL JACKSON in itself has always brought "high demand", over a BILLION people watched his memorial! Tell me when in Michael's whole career has there ever been no "high demand"? Please these industry experts can go Beat It! lol

YES YES YES YES! They can go Beat it. Michael couldn't have responded better himself.

OMG my tummy is flipping. I am nervous happy excited, all kinds of emotions. I can't wait to have the tickets in my hands. *stands on line in spirit with these awesome MJ fans*

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iZJbd6WjSWzNBVDUocmjG3SQ4GCAD9AU2RB80

By DERRIK J. LANG (AP) – 24 minutes ago

LOS ANGELES — Sally Rubio and dozens of Michael Jackson fans were among the first to line up for "This Is It" tickets.

The winding queue for tickets to the first public screenings of the documentary opened late Friday afternoon in the courtyard outside the Nokia Theatre at the L.A. Live complex in downtown Los Angeles. The film features a behind-the-scenes look at Jackson preparing for the series of London shows he was rehearsing for before he died June 25.

"I've never done something like this in my life," said Rubio, 53, "but M.J. is worth it."

Tickets for the advance shows aren't scheduled to go on sale until early Sunday morning, meaning Rubio and her fellow devotees may spend days in line. The first 500 fans in line have been promised commemorative lenticular tickets designed by Jackson for the London concerts at the O2 Arena, another reason Rubio was motivated to wait in line for over 48 hours.

"I heard they are very beautiful," she said.

A total of 3,000 movie tickets will be available for the early Oct. 27 shows at L.A. Live's new Regal Cinemas Stadium 14, marking the movie theater's grand opening. It's the only screening location offering the advance shows and commemorative tickets. "This Is It" will begin its limited, two-week run at movie theaters nationwide on Oct. 28.

The Sony Pictures film, crafted from hundred hours of rehearsal footage, is directed by longtime Jackson collaborator Kenny Ortega, the "High School Musical" director who had been working with Jackson on the "This Is It" concerts. The movie will feature Jackson rehearsing a number of his songs for the show as well as interviews with his friends and family.

Several of the fans who arrived when the line opened Friday brought chairs — one per person — and umbrellas for the long wait ahead of them. AEG, which operates the L.A. Live complex and organized the Jackson concerts, said that no tents, alcohol, cooking or boom boxes were permitted in line. Onsite monitors would issue passes for restroom and food breaks.

"It was a last-minute decision," said Trudy Miles, who was waiting in line with her daughters. "We were getting ready to go to the park, and my daughter texted me and told me the tickets were going on sell today. We were going to see it at the theater near our house, but we thought this would be special, so we loaded up the car with stuff and came down here."

Oh my God, this is f*cking crazy! :bugeyed Is this for real?! Damn...

I think people are really underestimating this... I think people are gonna be shocked.

ADDITION_Michael_Jackson.jpg.3537eb0f0eb14a37a97c3b3a6ab667cf

Michael Jackson fan Oscar Ortiz, center, dances while waiting in line to buy tickets for the "Michael Jackson's This Is It" film, at L.A. Live in Los Angeles, Thursday, Sept. 24, 2009. Tickets for the advance screening will go on sale Sunday, Sept. 27, 2009. The film was produced from hundreds of hours of backstage footage of rehearsals last June. (AP Photo/Jae C. Hong)

I hope the great news coming out of LA will overshadow the negativity that rabid rabbi has brought for the past 24 hours.

I've never done something like this in my life," said Rubio, 53, "but M.J. is worth it."
shame they never qued for mike when he was alive if he was so worth it. how many there are fake new fans.

Re: Jackson fans line up for 'This Is It' tickets

yep, some of the theaters in australia started selling them this morning. Already got my tickets! Wooot! :dancin:

what!!! Great!!!

shame they never qued for mike when he was alive if he was so worth it. how many there are fake new fans.

Isn't it more important that they ARE fans now instead of bashing him?
Those 'fake new fans' like you say are gonna help us proove the haters wrong by putting this movie at the top! We do this all together, the new fans and us.

Back