Jackson ordered to pay law firm $175K

Mods, why is a Roger Friedman post allowed in this discussion?

And second: MICHAEL PAY YOUR BILLS

It's not simply and alone a question of Michael being taken advantage of. If only things where that simple. Michael is an adult of almost 50 years old who raises three children. With that comes responsibility. A lot of bad things happened to him and around him, but Michael: Clean up this mess.

From the greatest artist of all time Michael has become an unreliable business partner, known for not paying, not delivering things he put his autograph under. He comes across as a con artist, and that's not just the media's fault.

I think the public is really ready to see a comeback. I think he could have hits again, and a successful album, but he has got to get his business in order. It's been going on for far too long now.[/b]
Maybe if the bills were not extortionate he would be more inclined to pay them. Don't forget that nearly everyone who sued him had loads of money chopped off in court. Schaffel one example. Would you pay a bill that is extortionate?

Hmmm we do not know all details, about those so called 'unpaid' bills. I really doubt Michael not wanting to pay his bills... I thing some of his stuff is more complicated that we might thing.

I've just come from the bank, I really needed some account papers to see the situation of my account, becuase I've forgotten the exact amount I have in there! In a simple account, not a business account, not MJ's accounts... :wacko: :lol: Michael got a huuuge business to run, simple reminders that he got to pay this or that aren't enough... LOL

i already apologized for my ignorance. i did not know until tscm called my attention. well anyway, friedman's article is not being discussed, technically. it is just a sidebar to michael's financial woes of not paying up his bills as mentioned in the original post.

if my post on the friedman article is causing some raised eyebrows or discomfort among posters or i have i violated certain rules, i won't take it against anybody wanting that post to be deleted. really.

It's not a problem hunny. :flowers: I've spoke in general, it's so hard with finances... my own experience here.. :rofl:

I used to ignore all these articles and say that people were just making it up.....but over the years sadly, i've come to believe that it's true - Michael just isn't paying people.

And i don't so much believe it's Michael, but Michael's financial team who keep screwing it all up. But Michael is head of the team and in the boss of a very important business so he should be in charge of sorting it out.

But you know what, i'm a fan of Michael's music and him - i don't really care about his finances - to me they should be kept private.

Look again. Most of these people have made excessive demands for money only to have them reduced in court or to settle for a lot less. maybe that is the reason why they are not paid. Schaffel asked for 6 million, he only got 700, 000. look again. :innocent:[/b]
I'm not talking about Schaffel.. he's a scumbag... I'm talking about shops, lawyers, doctors and employees not getting paid! And he's been ordered twice now to pay this lawyer and his counterclaim has been thrown out!

And second: MICHAEL PAY YOUR BILLS

It's not simply and alone a question of Michael being taken advantage of. If only things where that simple. Michael is an adult of almost 50 years old who raises three children. With that comes responsibility. A lot of bad things happened to him and around him, but Michael: Clean up this mess.

From the greatest artist of all time Michael has become an unreliable business partner, known for not paying, not delivering things he put his autograph under. He comes across as a con artist, and that's not just the media's fault.

I think the public is really ready to see a comeback. I think he could have hits again, and a successful album, but he has got to get his business in order. It's been going on for far too long now.[/b]
Amen to that!

This is so unneccessary and all for not paying his lawyers in the first place. Damn Mike, just pay your frickin' bills! It's getting ridiculous. Some lawsuits are frivolous for sure, but this is not one of them. People typically hire lawyers when they're in trouble and the lawyers expect to be paid. Nothing extraordinary about that. And Michael acts all surprised when the bill comes? Trial or no trial, the world doesn't stop moving. The bill collector is still gonna turn up at your door. Why should he be treated any differently just because he's Michael Jackson?

If you get a bill that you feel is to high, you are at least obligated to pay what you think is fair. You can't just not pay at all.

Well, it comes with the territory. Every aspect of Michaels life is being disected here, so why not his bills? Michael presents himself not only as an artist, but also a business person. When things were okay, everyone was talking about how smart he was and how savvy. Well.... now he is not paying the bills. Are they to high, hire people who charge less. But if you hire people, you should pay them. Don't know why I can't make that statement. It's part of Michaels public profile.

When people make frivolous claims, they should be made to pay Michael I think. For damaging his name. But there are and have been many suits that are and were very legit. When you don't get paid, you don't eat, you can't pay your own bills... people get in trouble for not being paid. I cannot sweep that fact under the carpet just because it's my favourite singer. I don't agree with the way he handles his business, because it's hurts people, and it hurts what's left of his own reputation.

Handle your OWN MONEY and your own BIlls Michael. I have always said "when a person is too busy that they can not handle thier own money, you will lose it". Even look, we already heard from John Landis and others. Something is going on regardless if some fans want to be in denial or not. I agree this is Michael business; however, it now public due to the fact these people were not paid. Like the Judgenone said, even if you are overcharged, pay something and fight not to ay the rest in court.

Think about it - all the gains from Sony/ATV are blocked in New Trust Horizon - for paying the debt and for investments in new catalogues etc.

It remains only Mike's catalogue, and few other songs affiliatted. I don't know how much it makes a year... and it's not my business anyway... But when ALL of them are asking at the same time, I guess Mike is simply out of cash and would be at least till the new album will come out...

How fast we turn. Now we are hating and kicking a brotha when he is down. What if the brotha is unable to pay, is it our place to make fun of him now. Some of you really need to move on.

nothing new about this or the other lawsuits its old news. so no need to be acting like its something new that we never heard about b4 lol.we know about all the crap that went on with the bills through the trial. and when lawsuits were filed cause that was the only way to get through to mj alot of the cases were sorted out straight away. the ones that mj fought were ones where he disagreed with the amount of money they were asking for. like others have said u cant pay the bills if u arent even aware that they are there. ppl were hired to take care of them yet didnt do their job as we have seen with mjs lawsuits against the accountants. its gonna take time to clear them all away and hopefully after that MJ will actually take an intrest in knowing what his happening to his money and where its going. cause if you dont now how your own accounts are and whats happening with them you obviously have to much money to start with lol

I refuse to let this get me down and depressed and I think some of you guys need to try and do the same. We have too much good going on for the future and it still remains bright for Michael. Guys, we've been through a hell of a lot worse so what is this? NOTHING! I know news like this is irritating, annoying and a bummer, but just remember this is all in God's hands as always. God did not bring MJ this far by faith to abandon him now. I have and will always believe that and so should we.

We are strong and mighty and nothing can break us or MJ. I ask all of you to keep the faith and you can even light a candle and say a prayer if it helps you. But don't give up.

God is in control! Can I get a witness?! :flowers: :flowers:

All you folks telling Michael to pay his bills worry about what goes on as far has your bills. Is this a fan board are an advice collum? Mind your own business and let him worry about his own. And don't act like Michael does not pay people ok

I refuse to let this get me down and depressed and I think some of you guys need to try and do the same. We have too much good going on for the future and it still remains bright for Michael. Guys, we've been through a hell of a lot worse so what is this? NOTHING! I know news like this is irritating, annoying and a bummer, but just remember this is all in God's hands as always. God did not bring MJ this far by faith to abandon him now. I have and will always believe that and so should we.

We are strong and mighty and nothing can break us or MJ. I ask all of you to keep the faith and you can even light a candle and say a prayer if it helps you. But don't give up.

God is in control! Can I get a witness?! :flowers: :flowers:[/b]

You have a witness right here!

I'm not gonna act like I know what is going on with Michael's financial situation, but it appears to me that the majority (if not all) of these matters came about because of the trial OR during the trial. Little by little they are being taken care of, and it's probably going to take a while longer before things are back to where they should be.

In my opinion, it appears that the list is getting shorter and if those pictures are any indication, all I can say is Michael doesn't look stressed out, as a matter of fact, he looks better than he has in a long time.

P.S. Like Elusive Moonwalk said, this is OLD NEWS, we all knew that these things were PENDING and now they are being resolved, little by little.

Whitman will be dealt with next year for all the trouble he's caused. Hopefully Mike will also claim back all lawyer fee's for these individual cases.

lets hope so. but most cases mj files get tossed b4 the judge even looks at it

How does MJ being sued mean his world in crumbling. Michael is always being sued...if his world hasn't completely crumbled by now...it's not going to, lol.

Maybe if the bills were not extortionate he would be more inclined to pay them. Don't forget that nearly everyone who sued him had loads of money chopped off in court. Schaffel one example. Would you pay a bill that is extortionate?[/b]

Michael probably just didn't pay them. :lol:

does he slack off on paying bills? all the damn time but for all the deals and services rendered during the trial or before it started, those are all questionable. b/c no one was looking at people they outsourced to do financial work, those people got away w/ murder, took mj's money, and had the balls to sue him for more.

the ones getting screwed are the local businessmen or the ones who actually did perform a service yet weren't paid. sorry but if dad had $5M in his account and told his accountants to pay out the funds to those who need them (employees etc...) but the accountants not only paid themselves but took the money in the account, that means dad has to pay for everything twice but wait, there's more.....those same accountants are suing dad for more money so dad has to pay not once, not twice, but two and a half times for something that he already thought his people were paying for.

does he slack off on paying bills? all the damn time but for all the deals and services rendered during the trial or before it started, those are all questionable. b/c no one was looking at people they outsourced to do financial work, those people got away w/ murder, took mj's money, and had the balls to sue him for more.

the ones getting screwed are the local businessmen or the ones who actually did perform a service yet weren't paid. sorry but if dad had $5M in his account and told his accountants to pay out the funds to those who need them (employees etc...) but the accountants not only paid themselves but took the money in the account, that means dad has to pay for everything twice but wait, there's more.....those same accountants are suing dad for more money so dad has to pay not once, not twice, but two and a half times for something that he already thought his people were paying for.[/b]
This is reason I will say again, HANDLE YOUR OWN MONEY.

This is reason I will say again, HANDLE YOUR OWN MONEY.[/b]

A man like Michael...a celebrity that makes a significant amount of money will have to hire someone else to handle at least some of the things. I think part of the problem may be that Michael doesn't or didn't check on his employees enough to see wtf they are doing. Some of his former employees had hardly even met him.

If he had money coming in like he use to, he wouldn't have this problem. Let's hope he gets back to entertaining soon and raking in the dough. Everybody will be paid, and the law suits will cease.

If he had money coming in like he use to, he wouldn't have this problem. Let's hope he gets back to entertaining soon and raking in the dough. Everybody will be paid, and the law suits will cease.[/b]

:brow:

y'all know damn well u don't sue someone who's broke. so since people already think he's strapped for cash, imagine if they knew the truth...he'd have five-ten new lawsuits every day.

terrell...u manage his money. cuz u got folks making two grand a month that can't manage it...so try managing his royalties, the trust, what he makes from sony artists....stuff from the merger and have a whole hell of a lot of fun.

<<<terrell...u manage his money. cuz u got folks making two grand a month that can&#39;t manage it...so try managing his royalties, the trust, what he makes from sony artists....stuff from the merger and have a whole hell of a lot of fun. >>>> Yes, and you have people making two grand a month who can manage it and you have people with million who can manage it. Orpah has million and she say NO ONE writes checks but her. I love the advice she gave lottery winners especially the woman who won 90 million. She even told her, WRITE YOUR OWN CHECKS.

she writes her own checks...but who puts them together? that heffa don't manager her own money. she got people that pay this and that out...so she signs them...big deal. it could be an 'oprah stamp' signature...i doubt she signs every check...just like i doubt she's really w/ stedman and gayle is just her buddy

How fast we turn. Now we are hating and kicking a brotha when he is down. What if the brotha is unable to pay, is it our place to make fun of him now. Some of you really need to move on.[/b]
Well, when you can't pay then you have to cut back on expenses, sell your assets, go to work or declare bankruptcy! Easy is that! Don't continue to live like a king, if you can't afford it! This has nothing to do with kicking a brotha when he's down... it's simple logic! It's the way it works in this world! Otherwise you will get sued left and right!

All you folks telling Michael to pay his bills worry about what goes on as far has your bills. Is this a fan board are an advice collum? Mind your own business and let him worry about his own. And don't act like Michael does not pay people ok[/b]
Well, I do pay my bills! And if there is something I can't afford, then I won't buy it!

This is a Michael Jackson discussion board! There is no rule which says that we can only discuss the positive things!

Well, it comes with the territory. Every aspect of Michaels life is being disected here, so why not his bills? Michael presents himself not only as an artist, but also a business person. When things were okay, everyone was talking about how smart he was and how savvy. Well.... now he is not paying the bills. Are they to high, hire people who charge less. But if you hire people, you should pay them. Don't know why I can't make that statement. It's part of Michaels public profile.

When people make frivolous claims, they should be made to pay Michael I think. For damaging his name. But there are and have been many suits that are and were very legit. When you don't get paid, you don't eat, you can't pay your own bills... people get in trouble for not being paid. I cannot sweep that fact under the carpet just because it's my favourite singer. I don't agree with the way he handles his business, because it's hurts people, and it hurts what's left of his own reputation.[/b]
Again, I totally agree!

Back