Jacksons: The Next Generation [REALITY SHOW DISCUSSION ONLY]

October 15, 2015 11:00 AMIs There Another Jackson Kid?! See Woman Claiming to be Michael's Niece Could there be yet another Jackson kid in the family?On this Friday's new episode of "The Jacksons: Next Generation," Taj, Taryll and TJ Jackson -- all Tito's children -- decide to confront a woman named Tanay, who has claimed in public to be their sister for years.In an exclusive clip, we see the three brothers introduce Tanay to their uncle, Jermaine Jackson, who seems less than convinced."I don't think she looks anything like us," he says to his nephews after the awkward conversation with the woman, who won't reveal her true age to any of the men.Tito'ss say they flew Tanay out to Los Angeles from NYC to have her take a DNA test.We'lld out if she actually goes through with it when the episode airs Friday night on Lifetime.http://www.toofab.com/2015/10/15/the...-preview-clip/

:giggle:

I'm guessing the answer is she didn't take it.

@TanayJackson: Just want to trow a hint. I'm a NYC resident now. By USA LAW, NYC resident can ONLY take a court orders DNA. That's the law

I don't understand why everything has to be so cloaked, her previous tweet was wishing Tito a happy birthday and thanking him for taking her out. I just hope that Tito has in fact in private had these conversations with his off spring because if he hasn't then it's a cruel game.

Maybe she knows when it's proven she is Titos daughter she will actually receive less attention, so she is keeping it going as well.

Do you guys believe she's Tito's daughter?

I don't know. I think it's interesting Tito has said nothing which would probably make me sway toward her being his, however, I'm sure you can take a private DNA where ever you live so why wouldn't she? (Assuming she hasn't)

I have no idea, nor do I particularly care. LOL But there it IS -- the manufactured drama. Yawn.

Considering that random individuals have been falsely claiming to be MJ's children since around 'Billie Jean', I'm surprised that anyone is surprised any more when these people come forward ...like sibling, like sibling... It's just part of 'normal' Jackson life, isn't it?

After tonight's show, I'll start working on my script ideas. Lol. I guess it would be better if I was familiar with some Housewives shows or at least the Kardashians.

After tonight's show, I'll start working on my script ideas. Lol. I guess it would be better if I was familiar with some Housewives shows or at least the Kardashians.

Oh, yes please, and be sure to post the script ideas. 3-T are old enough they could have some random children themselves, to add to the herd? I haven't watched the Kardashians, but with the Housewives, they're always squabbling because someone "talked behind someone's back." I.e. spread gossip of various sorts, true or untrue, but nobody can keep any sort of secret, and there you have it. . . . .

So what was the topic of the episode, was it all about Tanay?

October 15, 2015 11:00 AMIs There Another Jackson Kid?! See Woman Claiming to be Michael's Niece Could there be yet another Jackson kid in the family?On this Friday's new episode of "The Jacksons: Next Generation," Taj, Taryll and TJ Jackson -- all Tito's children -- decide to confront a woman named Tanay, who has claimed in public to be their sister for years.In an exclusive clip, we see the three brothers introduce Tanay to their uncle, Jermaine Jackson, who seems less than convinced."I don't think she looks anything like us," he says to his nephews after the awkward conversation with the woman, who won't reveal her true age to any of the men.Tito'ss say they flew Tanay out to Los Angeles from NYC to have her take a DNA test.We'lld out if she actually goes through with it when the episode airs Friday night on Lifetime.http://www.toofab.com/2015/10/15/the...-preview-clip/

:giggle:

If anyone has a doubt that the TV channel has nothing but Michael Jackson's name to promote this stupid of a show here is the proof. Why would they refer to her as Michael's niece not Tito's daughter? Without 3T guaranteeing the appearance of MJ's kids, no way would the TV channel went on with the deal.

So what was the topic of the episode, was it all about Tanay?

Mostly, but also, Taryll's birthday and writing songs, or not writing songs for their album.

Anyway, Tanay took the test and the results 'da... da.... daaaa ...........Will feature in next weeks episode. She seemed nervous and appeared like she had something to hide but had stated that she took a test with Tito so I don't know why she would be nervous. Funny part was bumping into Jermy in the street and he asked her how long had she been a sister! She doesn't appear to like Jermaine.

From what was said in this episode Tito had been asked by the T's and denied the paternity.

Hard to to figure out what is real and what is scripted for the show but if their real life was as shown on TV and she is their sister then if that were me I would be really pissed at my father for putting me through it.

It it was nice to see a softer more loving relationship between Taryll and Brea.

https://youtu.be/qwyU91It_QI

Last edited:
Hmmm. Tanay seems more credible than I thought she would be. And tah dah! They've manufactured some drama to help ratings! Stay tuned for DNA test results? If positive, that will generate more drama, and Daddy Tito would have a bit of explaining to do (I'll be making popcorn). As far as Tanay's physical appearance is concerned, maybe yes, maybe no? Katherine has that same space between her teeth, so -- possibly? If Tanay IS Tito's daughter, then she deserves some credit for that and to be included into that large and rampantly dysfunctional family? If that's what she wants, of course. And if she is Tito's daughter? That would be simply following the family (male) tradition of wardrobe malfunctions (i.e. inability to keep pants zipped).

If 3-T think this is going to create interest in a new album, uhm, probably NOT? A fifteen-year-old song? Music has a tendency to move ON? It's kinda squirmy that they are displaying a crashing lack of motivation for all the world to see? They do seem nice enough, though. . . . .

What they do for income remains a mystery. Taryll said "his income comes from his music." Seriously? I doubt that there are still royalties more than pocket change from twenty-year-old music? So WHAT do these guys do, anyway?

Just as I start thinking she may be credible I look over on you tube and there is a video of her having breakfast with her cousin Gepetto, surprised b Howard didn't make the full set. Also posted are her music videos which are a stark reminder of how deluded she is.

Just as I start thinking she may be credible I look over on you tube and there is a video of her having breakfast with her cousin Gepetto, surprised b Howard didn't make the full set. Also posted are her music videos which are a stark reminder of how deluded she is.

:ph34r: Interesting. (note to self, get a LIFE). What name is she going by? I mean, the last name? :doh:

I could be wrong but I don't think she's their sister. I started to believe there could be a possibility when she agreed to do the DNA test and saying she had no reason to lie. That she was to grown for that. I changed my mind though when she asked them whatever the results were if they could just keep it between the 4 of them. She lost me when she asked that.

I nearly spilled my tea all over the laptop:D
What's Pinocchio's gotta do with anything? Is he going to claim in next episode to be Jermy's son, although THAT I'm willing to believe, given that both of them are known for their lies:D

If I were one to claim to be someone's illegitimate child, I would claim to be Michael's. What's the point claiming to be Tito's (unless you really are), no benefits at all:D

Last edited:
I nearly spilled my tea all over the laptop:D
What's Pinocchio's gotta do with anything? Is he going to claim in next episode to be Jermy's son, although THAT I'm willing to believe, given that both of them are known for their lies:D

If I were one to claim to be someone's illegitimate child, I would claim to be Michael's. What's the point claiming to be Tito's (unless you really are), no benefits at all:D

Looool

Gepetto already claims to be Jermaines son. Yeah I guess B Howard has it right by claiming to be Michaels - they all seem to know each other, maybe they drew straws. :hysterical:

Looool

Gepetto already claims to be Jermaines son. Yeah I guess B Howard has it right by claiming to be Michaels - they all seem to know each other, maybe they drew straws. :hysterical:

Nobody wants to claim to be Randy's:scratch:

My favourite moment of the series so far is when Jermaine asks Tanay (with a smile) 'How long have you been a sister?'

Watching Tanay's expression (before Jermaine's clarification and her answer) was priceless :) :D

michaeljackson&lisamarie;4111762 said:
I could be wrong but I don't think she's their sister. I started to believe there could be a possibility when she agreed to do the DNA test and saying she had no reason to lie. That she was to grown for that. I changed my mind though when she asked them whatever the results were if they could just keep it between the 4 of them. She lost me when she asked that.

I don't know what to think. But if I'm not mistaken, the show is taped, so they already know the results. I'd think she'd be all over the place claiming she'd proven herself if it was true, even if she did sign some kind of confidentiality agreement. But instead this was posted on her twitter account.

Tanay Jackson ‏@TanayJackson · Oct 15
Just want to trow a hint. I'm a NYC resident now. By USA LAW, NYC resident can ONLY take a court orders DNA. That's the law

This suggest to me that the test was somehow inconclusive.

If it isn't true, she has serious mental issues and the Jacksons, including Tito, should steer clear.

gerryevans;4111825 said:
I don't know what to think. But if I'm not mistaken, the show is taped, so they already know the results. I'd think she'd be all over the place claiming she'd proven herself if it was true, even if she did sign some kind of confidentiality agreement. But instead this was posted on her twitter account.

Just want to trow a hint. I'm a NYC resident now. By USA LAW, NYC resident can ONLY take a court orders DNA. That's the law

If it isn't true, she has serious mental issues and the Jacksons, including Tito, should steer clear.

:ph34r: Yup, that's what it suggests. She's wrong, of course, that "NYC resident can ONLY take a court ordered DNA." Anyone can take one, anywhere. No reason why not. Well ooopsies? :doh:

The Jacksons: 5 Red flags that make viewers wonder if the show is staged

jacksons-red-flags-show-staged.jpg

Sketchy timing. Shady characters. How much of this docudrama's drama is real?

Lifetime's The Jacksons: Next Generation was billed as a docudrama when it was rolled out as part of the network's fall lineup. But as the show goes on, it's looking more and more like the stage has been set.

When The Jacksons: Next Generation premiered on Lifetime, viewers touted the show's authenticity, loving the fact that the Jackson family was so open, so raw. And the way the Jacksons broke the fourth wall and talked to the cameras, that was icing on the ever-so-perfectly decorated cake. So it was almost refreshing tuning in to watch what seemed to be a relatable family living their daily lives, putting their glittered gloves on one hand at a — well, on one hand — just like everyone else.

But as the show goes on, fans are starting to see that The Jacksons: Next Generation is looking less and less like their own families and more like any other reality TV show, where "reality" is whatever they make it. Here are just a few of the red flags that leave us wondering.

A season of firsts

Not only was it the first time TJ Jackson took time to do something special for Frances, his wife and the mother of his four children, but it was during filming that the men decided to start doing an annual camping trip in order to bond — sitting around the campfire and talking about all of the ways the Jackson family is wonderful and why the world should be forever grateful to them all. (Did they really try to take credit for twerking?)

prince-michael-jackson-blanket-jackson.jpg

Keeping Up with the Kardashians... over and over again

In case you didn't hear that hefty name-drop in the first episode, TJ Jackson made sure that everyone knew he dated Kim Kardashian in high school by the second episode of the series. By the third episode, not only were fans ready to sanctify Kim for helping the Jackson family, but two more Kardashians — Kourtney and Kris Jenner — were making appearances, and audiences were again reminded that the families have close ties, that Kris Jenner has no filter (when it pays not to) and, oh, that TJ and Kim dated in high school.

kris-jenner-kourtney-kardashian-jacksons-next-generation.jpg

Now we remember the memorabilia

In the second episode — or the second time TJ mentioned that he dated Kim Kardashian, however you're keeping track of the show — the men were introduced to a fan who had an amazing (read: creepy) collection of Jackson memorabilia that he acquired years ago when it was auctioned off. It was Kim who connected TJ with the gentleman, letting TJ know there was a possibility that the family could get the lost heirlooms back. While everyone thanked Kim for helping out her friends (and ex-boyfriend — because they dated once), it wasn't made clear whenKim actually committed this random act of kindness, which left people scratching their heads. How long was TJ holding on to that information before surprising his brothers? Was he waiting for the right time, meaning the time when the cameras would be around?

About that chick who's been claiming she's a Jackson...

Another question of timing and authenticity was during episode "third mention of the Kardashian family," when TJ, Taj and Taryll made the decision to track down the woman who has, for years, claimed to be their sister; saying that her mother had an affair with Tito Jackson. Noting that their aunts and uncles never bothered with such rumors, but saying that they did so to protect the family name, the men sought out Ms.Tanay Jackson, cameras in tow, to confront her and find out why she continues to tell people that they're siblings.

A funny thing happened on the way to the DNA test...

When they finally meet up with Tanay and she gives them seemingly legit info that supports her claims, it appears that the guys only planned to speak with her to get to the bottom of things. It's Tanay who suggested a DNA test. And who doesn't love a televised DNA test, right? (Right, Khloé Kardashian?)

Well, as it turns out, Tanay Jackson doesn't love a televised DNA test. Because, after a random (wink, wink) run-in with Uncle Jermaine Jackson as they were walking into the testing facility, Tanay started feeling ill. Rightfully so, because... really? Jermaine Jackson was just wandering by when they landed in L.A. from New York City?
Once she rebounded, Tanay went to Taj, whispering in his ear, asking if it would be OK if they kept the test results private, just between the four of them.

@lifetimetv #JacksonsNextGen no,Tanay,it can't be private. You got on national TV with this,honey.Inquiring minds want to know.
— TLiMS63 (@peacewyns93) October 17, 2015
@tarylljackson @lifetimetv @TanayJackson @titojackson5 saw this this morning &
We'd like to say that that was pretty telling, but it looks like there won't be any official telling until next week's episode, when the results are revealed.

They're the Jacksons

It may be somewhat disappointing to see the same reality TV antics, but what viewers seem to have forgotten when delving into this "docudrama" is the reason that we're delving into it to begin with. It's the Jackson family. New generation, yes, but as TJ has stated several times in the show's few episodes — Did you hear that he dated Kim Kardashian? — as a Jackson, there are certain things you just know. It's part of what they're taught and who they are. Perfection is expected. Cameras are always watching. Everything is always a show, a production filled with drama. Is that drama being controlled? For that, maybe we should ask Janet. Ms. Jackson, if ya nasty!

Do you think The Jacksons: Next Generation is "raw" or "routine" in the realm of reality TV?

http://www.sheknows.com/entertainment/articles/1099531/the-jacksons-next-generation-season-1-episode-3

^^^^^ Funny. I have to say that them banging on about being a Jackson/what it means/legacy is as irritating as Kim Kardasian using the word 'literally' in every sentence.

On Tanays Twitter she makes a claim that Tito acknowledged her publicly, she posted a link to a unity tour concert and gave a time..., so I took one for the team and watched it - at the time she states there was no mention of her and the J's are in the middle of I'll be there.

Last edited:
gerryevans;4111825 said:

. Yea, I don't think she's their sister. It seems she may have some serious mental issues.

Of course parts are staged, just like most of reality shows lol

It's a good pretty show, very tame and calm compared to what else is out there, even the shows that have come out in recent years about celebrities and their relatives (Toni Braxton and her sisters are a riot and A LOT of that show is a freaking mess lol)

Back