Janet is the new face of BlackGlama

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way I see it is, no we don't necessarily have the right to tell others what to do eat or say but those animals that are being skinned alive for something entirely vain do not have a voice, and understandably people feel like they have to say something. Voice of the voiceless and all that.

Everyone has different opinions on this matter. Whilst no one has the right to judge anyone personally I am against fur and there is a difference between eating meat and wearing fur. Eating meat gives you neccessary proteins whereas fur is entirely vanity-you do not need a fur coat. But that is purely my opinion on the matter and I will not judge Janet, nor anyone else, who likes to wear fur.

Everyone has different opinions on this matter. Whilst no one has the right to judge anyone personally I am against fur and there is a difference between eating meat and wearing fur. Eating meat gives you neccessary proteins whereas fur is entirely vanity-you do not need a fur coat. But that is purely my opinion on the matter and I will not judge Janet, nor anyone else, who likes to wear fur.
agree

You don't need to eat meat either.

^ Because the hassle of eating food that has no meat in it is the same as the hassle of wearing clothes not made from fur...

You don't need to eat meat either.

But if you don't eat meat you have to get your protein intake from somwhere else like using supplements. Fur isn't a necessary thing, you don't need it to keep warm, its there for vanity purposes only. I understand you have a different opinion but I cant understand how you can say eating meat and wearing fur are the same things.

But if you don't eat meat you have to get your protein intake from somwhere else like using supplements. Fur isn't a necessary thing, you don't need it to keep warm, its there for vanity purposes only. I understand you have a different opinion but I cant understand how you can say eating meat and wearing fur are the same things.
I see you point but I don't think people who eat the cow should talk down to people who wear it... meaning unless you are a vegan you are still eating an animal at their expense, the animal is still killed for our needs whether it to eat or to wear. Yes people don't need to wear fur anymore since we aren't in the ice age but you can make an arguement that people don't need to eat them anymore either since we have other resources for protein and etc.

You just contradicted yourself in the first two lines.

And I never said eating meat and wearing fur are the same. It just amazes me how ppl are against wearing fur, but wear other apparel and accessories (like make up) that are made from animals. Like I said previously many times, if you're going to be hypocritical, at least be consistent with your hypocrisy.

Is that hassle the same hassle of women who wear makeup that's made from animal fats?

This has nothing to do with what I originally disagreed with, so I'll bring it back: you have compared the necessity of food to the necessity of being glamorous in real fur by citing that we don't "need" meat either. Like, really?

Is the animal fat in make-up even a product of animals who are killed specifically JUST for make-up or is it a byproduct? If the latter, then this is another strawman argument. But regardless of that, the original comparison you made that I contended with is still profoundly idiotic. I'm fine with you having whatever stance on this subject, but people reaching that hard and comparing anything to anything to even mildly correlate with their point is weak. Whether you're okay with the fur industry or not, it is NOT the same thing as eating meat.

Last edited:
This has nothing to do with what I originally disagreed with, so I'll bring it back: you have compared the necessity of food to the necessity of being glamorous in real fur by citing that we don't "need" meat either. Like, really?

Is the animal fat in make-up even a product of animals who are killed specifically JUST for make-up or is it a byproduct? If the latter, then this is another strawman argument. But regardless of that, the original comparison you made that I contended with is still profoundly idiotic. I'm fine with you having whatever stance on this subject, but people reaching that hard and comparing anything to anything to even mildly correlate with their point is weak. Whether you're okay with the fur industry or not, it is NOT the same thing as eating meat.
agree

Yeah, really. You don't NEED to eat me. That's why the world has vegans and vegetarians. :wub:

Is the animal fat in make-up even a product of animals who are killed specifically JUST for make-up or is it a byproduct?

Very much so.
http://www.bihartimes.com/maneka/cosmetics.html
http://www.bihartimes.com/maneka/killingforperfume.html
http://www.bihartimes.com/maneka/seasharks.html
http://www.bihartimes.com/maneka/aquaculture.html

If the latter, then this is another strawman argument. But regardless of that, the original comparison you made that I contended with is still profoundly idiotic. I'm fine with you having whatever stance on this subject, but people reaching that hard and comparing anything to anything to even mildly correlate with their point is weak. Whether you're okay with the fur industry or not, it is NOT the same thing as eating meat.

You don't NEED to wear fur. You don't NEED to wear make up. You don't NEED to eat meat. You don't NEED to support companies that capitalize on forced animal labor. You don't NEED to support companies that biologically engineer animals to produce product at a higher rate than biologically normal.

Once again, be consistent with your hypocrisy! :smilerolleyes:

D vegans wear clothes produced from animal skin. If you go with some arguments you get no where. Its better to take a stand on the issue than none at all and of all of them wearing fur is the most unecessary.An

You don't NEED to wear fur. You don't NEED to wear make up. You don't NEED to eat meat. You don't NEED to support companies that capitalize on forced animal labor. You don't NEED to support companies that biologically engineer animals to produce product at a higher rate than biologically normal.

Once again, be consistent with your hypocrisy! :smilerolleyes:

... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Once again, the comparison of not needing to eat meat and not needing to wear fur is absurd. And yes I am aware of the existence of vegeterians, but it's still a faulty analogy and if you don't see that then you are too engrossed in your own BS agenda. Toodles.

I think this thread has run its course. We have diverted way off the original topic and everyone has different opinions on this which have now resorted to childish insults against each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back